Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
is that you kishi?
looks just like the manga....
Okay, so previously, I got some positive feedback on my manga artwork, so I decided to show you how I go about doing it ^_^ Enjoy!

Step 1: Choose you reference material

You must be registered for see images

I have decided to choose the bottom left-hand panel to reproduce. I will need to do some work on it, like finishing the head as it is left out!

Step 2: Line Art

As you can see above, the first stage is to simply produce a quick rough sketch of the image you would like to draw! Don't use anything darker than a HB!

As you can see I have done two things:

1. Extended Sasuke's hair, as this is not present in the panel
  2. Produced a very light sketch, so marks are easy to rub out if there are any mistakes.

One you're happy with that, then go over the entire sketch and produce a more refined line art, so that your marker is blocked in more accurately. Again, don't use anything darker than a HB as this will simply prevent you from erasing any errors.

Finally for this stage, it would help to draw in your pen marks which you will go over later, since this will improve your accuracy, since pencil marks can be easily rubbed out.

Step 3: Using you marker to block in

The first thing you want to do is to choose you marker. Alcohol-based (permanent) or non-alcoholic. As you can see above, the permanent (on the left) is much darker and gives a richer quality and finish, however, these markers are more expensive.

Once you have chosen, begin to block in large areas, such as the hair. Make sure you do this slowly and carefully! Patience is a virtue!

I just wanted to point out, a great tip from me would be to leave white gaps where there are folds in the clothing! It makes the picture look more authentic!

Step 4: Outlines

Finally, to define the image further, take the same marker you used, and go over the thicker outlines of the image, this excludes the shadows. Make sure you produce a result below. Remember, to be extremely careful as mistakes can't be removed or changed.

Okay! Once you've done that, you should be left with the shadow areas. Grab any black pen and go over your pencil markings you made earlier carefully! It is important to use a pen as these produce rich, thin lines which will help you to produce the result above!

Step 5: The Sharingan (Optional, but not for this art of course)

Okay! This is the fun part of course. The sharingan is made up of simple shapes, so use a HB pencil to draw a light drawing so that you can easily rub out any errors!

Okay, the most stupid thing you could do at this stage is to use a marker to block in the eye. NO. Use a pen instead as this is easier to block in smaller areas! As you can see above, you can produce a more detailed finish!

Finished Product:

Once your done, you should have something looking like this! To see how it's done, open the tabs above xd

If you found this particularly useful, don't hesitate to say so! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Manga Art Tutorial

its good that you made the tutorial...some people really like manga drawing so this would be very helpful to them...
but would require a bit hardwork to perfect the marker use....
but great job....+rep...^^

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

its good that you made the tutorial...some people really like manga drawing so this would be very helpful to them...
but would require a bit hardwork to perfect the marker use....
but great job....+rep...^^
Thanks man ^_^

There are other points I felt I should've pointed out after I submitted the thread, which would help the marker use to be cleaner :(

Problem is, I finished the artwork, so it's hard to take pictures now lol

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Thanks man ^_^

There are other points I felt I should've pointed out after I submitted the thread, which would help the marker use to be cleaner :(

Problem is, I finished the artwork, so it's hard to take pictures now lol
lol...try written work....may help a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.