Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exhausted- Going to bed. yay!
    :)

Being a girl

these past couple weeks I have found that being a girl can be very hard and complicated. I realize that guys have some of the same problems but I dont think they think about it or let certain things bother them as much as girls do. For instence- I have a hip problem going on and had to see this young doc and he made me very self consious about myself and my weight. I am an athlete and I am 5 7" (147lbs) and while I know I am not perfect I know I am not fat. But I do have to admit that when I go and get something to eat I can't help but think about the way he looked at me or when he answered my question about my weight being a healthy weight for my life style. If you are wondering he told me that I am healthy but am definetly not the smallest girl in the world:flaw:. Of course Im not tiny I play at a college level and have to go through training for it( this guy is really skinny and small btw)! Im just writing this because yes in some sense I am now more self consious about myself and hope that everyone out there watches what they say to girls- cuz there are a lot of girls that starve themselves cuz of what people say.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Being a girl

Agreed, guys need to know when to shut it. And fyi muscle weighs more than fat

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

yess. and there are even some girls out there that need to just stop. and thanks

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saving the world once again

Some people have higher metabolic needs than others and that's okay, if you're an athlete than naturally you'll have a higher need for proteins and foods...etc I wouldn't worry about your height because you are in the average for women

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why would you be negatively affected by anything? If it isn't true, then fine, who cares, you shouldn't be bothered by it. However you're bothered by it which leads me to believe you are ashamed of yourself, and why would you be ashamed of something that isn't true? My point is, ignore it if isn't true, and if it is and you are ashamed, change something. Happiness could be just a change away.

Last edited by The Doctor; 03-24-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Telling girls to stfu is another story. We always put each other down to build ourselves, its sick and needs to stop, but our society is so focused on looks.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    Why would you be negatively affected by anything? If it isn't true, then fine, who cares, you shouldn't be bothered by it. However you re bothered by it which leads me to believe you are ashamed of yourself, and why would you be ashamed of something that isn't true? My point is, ignore it if isn't true, and if it is and you are ashamed, change something. Happiness could be just a change away.
    You have a point and it doesnt effect me to the point that I am changing myself or feel the need to change and trust me I dont feel ashamed of myself I have accomplished things in my life that people said I would never be able to do. It is just interesting for me that a doctor used that choice of words and most girls already dont have a very good view of themselves and if I wasnt the type of person I am (or if he says that to other women with lower self-confidence) then I could be doing very unhealthy things to myself. thats all I'm saying-because you may be right but we are human therefore we are self consious even if we have the most perfect body in the world and do not always think in that way.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Girls do have it much worse then us guys you have so much to worry about with the whole . thing and all of the guys who put girls down and even the girls who put girls down and make you feel bad and self concious...

All I really have to say is that no matter what, what other people say is most of the time false and you know it it just effects you because you let it.. Don't let it you are fine just the way ou are....

Status
    Dec 2009
    ~_~ Where... am i now... Oh forget it, to high to care.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Traveling the ninja world like
    Ero-Sensei

Why would you be negatively affected by anything? If it isn't true, then fine, who cares, you shouldn't be bothered by it. However you're bothered by it which leads me to believe you are ashamed of yourself, and why would you be ashamed of something that isn't true? My point is, ignore it if isn't true, and if it is and you are ashamed, change something. Happiness could be just a change away.
    Ok first off Wildtangent, Do Not listen to this guy. he saying the average guy response, so listening to him is a big NO NO.

But aboput ur doctor he was just telling u what the average is for people, no doctor knows eveything about a person just by looking at a forum and the person to know what they are like or how that think.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HightimesHoward View Post
    Girls do have it much worse then us guys you have so much to worry about with the whole . thing and all of the guys who put girls down and even the girls who put girls down and make you feel bad and self concious...

All I really have to say is that no matter what, what other people say is most of the time false and you know it it just effects you because you let it.. Don't let it you are fine just the way ou are....
    Aww Thanks :o

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Hokage View Post
    Ok first off Wildtangent, Do Not listen to this guy. he saying the average guy response, so listening to him is a big NO NO.

But aboput ur doctor he was just telling u what the average is for people, no doctor knows eveything about a person just by looking at a forum and the person to know what they are like or how that think.
    lol wasnt going too. and I know I just think he could have used a different word choice is all.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ero-Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtangent View Post
    lol wasnt going too. and I know I just think he could have used a different word choice is all.
    lol we are men, we use s-i-m-p-l-e w-o-r-d-s :o , and pluse he is more than likely in his early mid teens

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Okay then, completely disregard what I said. Notice how he referred to me as an "average guy" as opposed to calling it an average response.

Hey Wildtangent, don't listen to this guy, he's just trying to make you feel better by saying things that are most likely incorrect.

Anyway, I'm brutally honest, and that doesn't make what I said incorrect in any way. I wasn't telling her to starve herself, I was saying, if she isn't happy, it isn't hard to change things. I know what I'm talking about, as I recently came out of a depression.

That doctor was an ass, and I think we can all agree on that. However, you did have some reaction to it, (I.E. Making this thread.)

In the words of Tyler Durden, "Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

You have to get used to that thought.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ero-Sensei

Okay then, completely disregard what I said. Notice how he referred to me as an "average guy" as opposed to calling it an average response.

Hey Wildtangent, don't listen to this guy, he's just trying to make you feel better by saying things that are most likely incorrect.

Anyway, I'm brutally honest, and that doesn't make what I said incorrect in any way. I wasn't telling her to starve herself, I was saying, if she isn't happy, it isn't hard to change things. I know what I'm talking about, as I recently came out of a depression.

That doctor was an ass, and I think we can all agree on that. However, you did have some reaction to it, (I.E. Making this thread.)

In the words of Tyler Durden, "Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

Every snowflake is different

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Every snowflake is different
    You seem to have misread that quote. He was saying you aren't a snowflake.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I for one believe I am special, and beautiful and pretty unique and while I may be decaying at least I'm living- and the only reaction this doc really got out of me was a "wow there are some interesting and self centered people in this world." and I made this thread because I was thinking about it(and am sitting in this hot as hell dorm bored) and like to talk to people about things but thank you for your opinion

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ero-Sensei

You seem to have misread that quote. He was saying you aren't a snowflake.
    No u just dont understand what u posted

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No u just dont understand what u posted
    How does that make sense? "You aren't a beautiful or unique snowflake." is pretty clear to me.

Last edited by The Doctor; 03-24-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

your not fat weighing at 147
    but i think i feel your pain

due to my mothers genes i used to weigh 242 lbs at 15 i had been fat all my life even if i ate "SMALL" meals every day dieting and was lifting weights and doing cardio for 2 years i still didn't get any results.

at age 3-15 years old going through school was hell because your judged day after day no matter if anyone says anything to you or not and trust me half of them did. growing up insulted by kids day after day for 12 years is horrible and there for a while *2 years* I quit caring i was actually pretty emotionless but then i realized i was keeping my feelings hidden and then someone insulted me just once "and it wasn't even that good of an insult" something in me snapped and i ended up beating the shit out of that guy until he had blood all over him and i just couldn't stop until i started realizing what was going on.
    "luckily no charges were pressed and now...he's actually one of my closest friends"

but then my fathers genes i guess started kicking in around 15 and i dropped 72lbs and started gaining muscle fast
    now i weigh 170 and im pretty sure at least 20lbs is muscle and mentally i still think i'm fat.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I see and also know how you feel. Kids in my opinion can be pretty awful to eachother(even some adults are brutal) and I am sorry that you had to go through that but am glad to hear it is better.

Status
    Aug 2010
    She has set her foundation on the holy mountain. Selah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

Why complain something abour your weight?
    If you're fat then you need to do something about it and get your ass off the couch.
    If your too skinny, vise versa.
    Anorexia and Bulimia and what ever Timon & Bumba sicknesses there are, are horrible ofc.
    It just shows how fragile peoples minds are and they simply have no will power to do something about it, rather just go overboard with things.

Other than that, just be who you are. Fat, skinny, short, tall, who gives a rats ass.
    And if you happen to hate something about yourself, simply do something about it.
    I used to be rather fat in my youth but desided to do something about it and after years I came 3rd on a fitness competition.
    I'm sorry and no intentions to be harsh but people complain too much about simple things such as these.

And this has nothing to do with being a girl. There are alot of men out there who struggle with these kind of things and feel pretty much the same way about them self. Girls only having these problems is just pure bullshit.
    This thread seems to be only about your problems with your apperance.
    Even so, stay strong girl

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess some of you are missing the point here. this isnt to complain about my problems hell I dont give a crap about how you or any one else feels I should look like or act like. I'm just saying not everyone has the mind set that you and I have. Some people whether they would like to admit it or not are greatly affected by what people say and it is interesting to me that a doctor is so careless with his words. Even the people that dont "mean to sound harsh" sound harsh- words effect people so greatly. Have you noticed the news about bullying and suicides? People dont think about other peoples feelings and I find it very irritating. But thanks I am strong

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmmm I see and also know how you feel. Kids in my opinion can be pretty awful to eachother(even some adults are brutal) and I am sorry that you had to go through that but am glad to hear it is better.
    thank you.
    just try not to let it get to you *when i say that i mean if anyone else says anything like that ever again*
    or after a while you won't even recognize your self anymore, i still don't completely recognize my self.
    talking about it actually helps I didn't and now i still have a little mental scaring
    after i lost all of my weight i thought that most of my troubles were over
    but then my 27 year old brother who is a complete ass hole in every way possible "im not exaggerating he really is horrible* he got in a fight with my dad *an actual fist fight* and i got enraged the most i had in a while but it felt different then being mad, like i wasn't just mad at him and well...i jumped in the fight, pulled my brother off my dad and beat the hell out of him i even almost broke his neck but then i started to calm down and i forced him to leave. and im 16 and hes 27.

but now i can honestly say that i don't really care what people say.

you should tell that doctor next time that you weren't comfortable with what he said and expect an apology because trust me an apology helps a lot more than you think it would.
    but still he was a complete ass to say that.

Last edited by -Yard-; 03-24-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    She has set her foundation on the holy mountain. Selah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

I guess some of you are missing the point here. this isnt to complain about my problems hell I dont give a crap about how you or any one else feels I should look like or act like. I'm just saying not everyone has the mind set that you and I have. Some people whether they would like to admit it or not are greatly affected by what people say and it is interesting to me that a doctor is so careless with his words. Even the people that dont "mean to sound harsh" sound harsh- words effect people so greatly. Have you noticed the news about bullying and suicides? People dont think about other peoples feelings and I find it very irritating. But thanks I am strong
    Ah I guess I did miss the major point. I'm sorry hun, didn't mean to hurt .
    But yes, the truth is that words can have a great effect on young people especially.
    And that doctor thing is one of the most affecting things, same as your best friend.
    I suppose people don't always think the words throughoutly and can hurt someone greatly.
    Doctors have that way. Some are too professional and they are trained not to get emotinally attached.
    It's a cold fact but still a young person with emotianl issues can be shattered very badly.
    Meh, next time just make taco sauce out of his ballz

But never the less, the person who gets so easily offended, hurt by words has a problem aswell.
    They shouldn't take everything they hear as a rude gesture or as a compliment eighter.
    We can't deny the fac that there is something wrong with the person too.
    There are so many things that affect one another.

Good and stay that way

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ I agree with you totally on every point glad there are people that see what I mean! and no worries I have a "follow up" app with him next week and I may just let him know how I feel... if I care enough that is. haha

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»