Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Where are Hizashis eyes!

I am fully aware that edo tensei brings a soul back with all it's jutsu, but we all know that someone who has been sealed away CAN NOT be summoned with edo tensei.

Now look at this http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/525/9

Why is it that Hizashi has white eyes and all the other edo tensei summons have black eyes?

I remember that the hyuga curse seal actually SEALS the byakugan of the hyuga when they die.

Does this mean Neji's dad Hyashi does not have his byakugan?

I only think he doesn't have them because of the pic if him in the latest chapter.

If you disagree, then plz try to explain why his eyes are pure white without even a iris like byakugan has.

Discuss

I actually mentioned this in my other thread but didn't get much of a response.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Where are Hizashis eyes!

yeah, the seal should've sealed away the Byakugan, so he shouldn't have it. i was thinking the same thing when they were first summoned.

Status
    Sep 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senju in power

It`s like here http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/490 were Kabuto summons all the former Akatsuki members, i`m thinking like what use can Itachi be to Madara if they took his eyes anyways for Sasuke 'sigh' ... an Uchia without his Sharingan is useless no matter how skilled of a shinobi he is ... if they`ll show Itachi and Hiashi useing their eye abillity`s with full power then it will be a pile of shit to what was told ti`ll now.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by BondAFK View Post
    It`s like here http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/490 were Kabuto summons all the former Akatsuki members, i`m thinking like what use can Itachi be to Madara if they took his eyes anyways for Sasuke 'sigh' ... an Uchia without his Sharingan is useless no matter how skilled of a shinobi he is ... if they`ll show Itachi and Hiashi useing their eye abillity`s with full power then it will be a pile of shit to what was told ti`ll now.
    Edo tensei brings back the dead with all their characteristics. Including kekkai genkkeis.( i spelled that wrong)

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

kekkei genkai (i think)

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin View Post
    Edo tensei brings back the dead with all their characteristics. Including kekkai genkkeis.( i spelled that wrong)
    Yes that's true, but in this single case I believe he does not have his byakugan. Since the curse seal seals it away upon death, and now we even see in the manga that his eyes are completely white and all the other edo tensei summons have black eyes.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The hyuuga clan all have white eyes don't they??

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes, but look at the link.... Even all the white zetsus who also have white eyes have a circle iris in their eye. Hizashi literally has NOTHING there.

Also, every edo tensei summon has black eyes. Hizashi is the ONLY one not to have black eyes.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he's the first edo tensei with byakugan
    it might be because of that
    he has eyes....
    again, hyuuga clan...
    their iris are almost unnoticeable unless you're close to them...
    and might i remind you that the viewpoint their is a bit far away...
    faint color changes will be less noticeable then...

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

I think he still has his normal Byakugan and as the reason as why his eyes are still white, well then you can also ask yourself the question why don't they have black pupils when they're alive? Overall seen most characterss have black pupils and irises (this is going to be a bit complicated because some characters like Naruto and Sakura have pupils and irises in a different color) and the rest of their eyes is white. This is reverted by Edo tensei: the eyes become black and the pupils/irises white.

But then there are only two possibilities: or the Hyuuga eyes remain completely white (as the colors of the eyes and pupils/irises switch, but in this case the color is the same) or they would turn completely black. Hyuuga's have a doujutsu, but they're the only of the 3 doujutsu's that has even in a natural state special eyes. Uchiha and Rinnegan users have normal eyes, they can activate their doujutsu and then their eyes change. There isn't a clear picture of both Nagato's and Itachi's eyes after beying summoned, though their eyes are probably not activated, so their eyes will be mainly black.

That shibberish aside there is one good reason as why he would still have got his Byakugan: why the hell would he be summoned if he can't use it? Especially Nagato and Hizashi as their strenght solely comes from their eyes. Nagato is a skeleton, he can't do much without his eyes and Hizashi isn't that much better without his Byakugan =/ Itachi was a genius, so even without the Sharingan he's strong, but still he was so infamous for his Sharingan. Without their eyes they weren't really worth summoning and it has been said in the manga and you stated it yourself: kg are resurrected with the user.

There is one thing you are not entirely correct, it's not someone who is sealed that can't be brought back by Edo Tensei, it's his soul. If his soul is sealed he can't be brought back, however the physical state of his original body is completely irrelevant. Some people here are saying "his eyes got sealed" and because it says "sealed" they immediately draw the link between when a soul that is sealed can't be resurrected and thus the eyes can't be either. That's not a right conclusion. The seal on the Hyuuga's eyes wasn't meant for Edo Tensei, it was meant to keep people from transplanting or researching the Byakugan from the original body. However the Edo Tensei's don't have their original bodies anymore. Deidara was blown up, Itachi's eyes are in Sasuke's head now, Nagato's eyes are in (at least one) in Madara's head. Still they were all summoned. The state of the original body doesn't matter in Edo Tensei. Not to mention that Hizashi doesn't even have eyes anymore, he's been dead for a decade O_o, he only has got bones left.

I'm not saying it is, though using logical deduction he can use his eyes as those are not the eyes that got sealed. Hizashi's soul was resurrected with all his skills, even KG, but not his original body. It's a bit difficult to visualize, but the original bodies of the owners don't matter. Sealed or not, the only thing that is needed is a bit of DNA, so Kabuto just needs Hizashi's toenail to bring him back.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

As Caliburn said, the edo tensei uses the soul, not the original body. Though I'm not really all that sure why they are scared of Hizashi, Hyuugas arn't all that special, atleast when comapred to other ninjas that were summoned. I imagine that Hizashi, Dan and Asuma were summoned not for their strength but for the emotional damage that they would inflict, much like the torment Sai was put through by fighting his "brother" and even Kakashi was enraged when Zabuza and Haku was brought back to life.

So in review, I believe that Hizashi has the ability to use Byakugan because even though his original eyes were sealed when he was killed, the edo tensei body uses his soul which wasn't sealed.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    he's the first edo tensei with byakugan
    it might be because of that
    he has eyes....
    again, hyuuga clan...
    their iris are almost unnoticeable unless you're close to them...
    and might i remind you that the viewpoint their is a bit far away...
    faint color changes will be less noticeable then...
    look guys...i get it. edo tensei brings them back with their abilities, even KG....BUT

hyuga have their eyes sealed at death, and I understand what caliburn is saying but this image...

[IMG][/IMG]

Hizashi is the closest person to "us" in this frame yet he is the ONLY one without any shape to his eyes. Zetsu also has white eyes yet we clearly see all the zetsus eyes.

Thats my ONLY hangup about this...why cant we see ANY shape to his eye when he is closer than a zetsu that has very similar white eyes?

I totally agree that pain and itachi will have theri eyes. Im just not certain that hyuga will have theirs.

Only time will tell right?

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

gonna go a little different on this, would how the eyes were sealed make a difference, as in if they were sealed on a spiritual level or whatever the third did to Oro that sealed his arms mean that they would be sealed from use in this world and the next and not be brought back. I dont think it matters much to orochimaru since he seemed to get by without his arms any how, but a KG like the byakugan, the eyes would be pretty important.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

having said that, i dont think its the case because, as others have said, he would be useless without his byakugan, just more of a thought than anything.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There are some inconsistencies with Edo Tensei that still have to be explained. For example it doesn't seem that Itachi is blind, but Nagato has white hair and his emaciated appearance.