View Poll Results: Can Tsunade Defeat any of the current Kage?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course, she's one of the sannin

21 35.59%
  • No way, her fighting skills are outmatched against the Kage

18 30.51%
  • Maybe

20 33.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Can Tsunade defeat any of the current Kage in battle?

Can Tsunade defeat any of the current Kage in battle? Now, I've been considering this ever since the Kage Summit and even more once Tsunade recovered from her coma. The situation would be Tsunade versus all of the current Kage in one on one matches with everyone rested and at full power.

Tsunade's know fighting abilities:
    - Chakra Enhanced Strength
    - Important Body Points Disturbance
    - Summoning: Slugs

other important abilities:
    - Creation rebirth
    - Healing minor wounds immediately

VS

1. Raikage - A
    While Tsunade has her chakra enhanced strength, A's already proven to us that his speed is remarkable to the point he could dodge an Amaterasu point blank and he gave Sasuke an incredibly difficult time keeping up with his movements even while using the sharingan. Therefore the Important Body Points Disturbance would never happen because Tsunade wouldn't be able to land a hit. If Tsunade summons Katsuyu, she would also be outmatched because we've also seen Raikage's strength momentarily overpower the 8 tails to the point of breaking off one of his horns. There is no debate that the 8 tails is stronger than Katsuyu. I'm have to say the winner of this battle would absolutely be...The Raikage-A

2. Tsuchikage - Onoki
    Now Onoki is a horrible matchup for Tsunade because he can fly. That matched with his Dust Release attack would be too much for Tsunade. Even Akatsuchi remarked during their fight against Deidara that if he used the Dust Release, he'd likely destroy the giant turtle. The winner...Tsuchikage - Onoki

3. The Kazekage - Gaara
    Gaara is also a bad matchup for Tsunade as we saw when he chased Deidara on a cloud of sand. Gaara can't fly, but he may as well be able to for battles sake. That plus the speed of his sand would leave Tsunade clinging for her life. In the end the winner would be The Kazekage - Gaara

4. The Mizukage - Mei Terumi
    After careful consideration I think this fight is too hard to really call. Mei is extremely dangerous with her Kekkai Genkai: lava and boil release. We already saw her use of boil release begin to melt Susano'o, but Tsunade's creation rebirth could heal her for the effect long enough for Tsunade to hit her with Important Body Points Disturbance. Mei's lava release could instantly kill Tsunade, but as we've seen and have been told Tsunade is particularly good at avoiding attacks. So at the moment I'm labeling this one a draw

This is obviously my opinion based on what I've seen, let me know what you all think.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Can Tsunade defeat any of the current Kage in battle?

I think maybe against mizukage, but none of the other ones.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

no way, she would lose easily

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon

lmfaoooooooo u trying my patience thread!!

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    lmfaoooooooo u trying my patience thread!!
    At least now I admitted that she could possibly beat the Mizukage.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

there is a reason that all of the kage's became the kages. and Tsunade's reason was that Jiraiya wouldn't take the job. so, no, Tsunade would lose against all (or most) of the other Kage's, but I'm glad she is Hokage, becuase if she wasn't it would either be Danzo (i hate that character!) or Kakashi (who doesn't want to be hokage, so, no)

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharingdork View Post
    there is a reason that all of the kage's became the kages. and Tsunade's reason was that Jiraiya wouldn't take the job. so, no, Tsunade would lose against all (or most) of the other Kage's, but I'm glad she is Hokage, becuase if she wasn't it would either be Danzo (i hate that character!) or Kakashi (who doesn't want to be hokage, so, no)
    the reason Tsunade is hokage because she was chosen and nominated by Jiraiya who refused. Tsunade had also refused to be kage but later changed her mind. Kakashi would have accepted the role but he particularly didnt prefer it.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    At least now I admitted that she could possibly beat the Mizukage.
    lol yea at least.. smh

Sublime

I dont know she might lack all the 'special' stuff other kages have, however ,she wont get hit easily and can heal perfectly so if they dont catch her they dont beat her
    And in any case she has outrageous strenght if she wants to strike...

Generally I believe ALL the kages have their own abilities that dont compare to each others >.>

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

on paper the matches will never go to Tsunade vs any other Kage i agree even though i hate to admit it and am a very big Tsunade fan. but i do believe she could best most if not all the Kages listed. i have no way of argueing it though cuz i have no proof. she has showned nothing especially in her fight with Kabuto and Pain that she is stronger than the other Kages.

i will say this. Guy on paper doesnt look like he could beat Kisame also. Guy shocked us by throwing a massive punch that defeated the Monster of the Mist. i just hope in the future in this war that Tsunade proves her strength also. and proves she wouldnt just get pwned by any other Kage.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

As you said her known abilities, Some people may disagree with you that Tsuanade wouldn't be able to beat the other Kage's because she's the First Hokage's Grand daughter (I think, Correct me if I am wrong) and That could possibly make her a Senju, So that the people would think she has some more abilities that are unknown to us for now. Besides Kishi wouldn't make Tsunade that weak compared to the other Kage's, Well that's My opinion anyway.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'll say Gaara!

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cero ~ View Post
    As you said her known abilities, Some people may disagree with you that Tsuanade wouldn't be able to beat the other Kage's because she's the First Hokage's Grand daughter (I think, Correct me if I am wrong) and That could possibly make her a Senju, So that the people would think she has some more abilities that are unknown to us for now. Besides Kishi wouldn't make Tsunade that weak compared to the other Kage's, Well that's My opinion anyway.
    I feel there are really only two characters who we know close to 100% of their abilities and that's Sasuke and Naruto. For everyone else we're left guessing with what we've been shown.

I think the bottomline with Tsunade is she's not even supposed to be a fighter. She has a few moves that make her dangerous, but she's a medical-ninja. It just seems odd since every other Kage is just about the strongest fighter in their village and would likely best any of their peers in one on one matches. Even as you exam the Leaf, until Tsunade every Hokage was basically the best fighter the village had. Tsunade is different because she shines with her medical abilities.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@BigTDogg220:
    agreed. tsunade would surely loose against any of the kages apart from mizukage, a matchup which depends on the terrain. in a terrain where tsunade cant use her evasion abilities (e.g. corner) she would probably loose, same goes for long range distance, but in a close range fight with enough space to both sides she could possibly win by evading an attack by mizukage and counterattack her.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    I feel there are really only two characters who we know close to 100% of their abilities and that's Sasuke and Naruto. For everyone else we're left guessing with what we've been shown.

I think the bottomline with Tsunade is she's not even supposed to be a fighter. She has a few moves that make her dangerous, but she's a medical-ninja. It just seems odd since every other Kage is just about the strongest fighter in their village and would likely best any of their peers in one on one matches. Even as you exam the Leaf, until Tsunade every Hokage was basically the best fighter the village had. Tsunade is different because she shines with her medical abilities.
    Aha Yeah, They're both the usual ones that get the power ups, Finally they both will be gone for a few chapters.

Back on Topic; Hm yeah, but the thing is She's a medical Ninja possibly one of the best but she was still elected as Hokage, Now ask yourself this; Why would they pick a Medical Ninja to be a Hokage over a fighter such as Jiraiya (Used for an example) to fight and guide a village? Well it could be because of her relationship between her and the first Hokage as Family or for some reason, She could be more then what we think she is? I have to say Tsunade looks weak compared to the other Kage's but we shouldn't assume, Right?

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Aha Yeah, They're both the usual ones that get the power ups, Finally they both will be gone for a few chapters.

Back on Topic; Hm yeah, but the thing is She's a medical Ninja possibly one of the best but she was still elected as Hokage, Now ask yourself this; Why would they pick a Medical Ninja to be a Hokage over a fighter such as Jiraiya (Used for an example) to fight and guide a village? Well it could be because of her relationship between her and the first Hokage as Family or for some reason, She could be more then what we think she is? I have to say Tsunade looks weak compared to the other Kage's but we shouldn't assume, Right?
    We certainly shouldn't assume, but when the committee was about to elect Kakashi it seems the Fire Damiyo at least was concerned with who their sensei was and their reputation. No one had at the time or has at the moment a better reputation in the Leaf than Tsunade. Jiraiya and her were likely equals in reputation and her overall abilities to run a village is likely superior to Jiraiya's. They obviously also had the same teacher so there was no concern with her. Although the advisors and the Fire Damiyo all wanted Jiraiya to be Hokage, though he wanted no part of that.

Hopefully at some point possibly in the fight with Dan, Tsunade will show a new depth of abilities that we've never seen or heard about.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

they didn't pick Tsunade over Jiraiya; they picked Jiraiya over Tsunade, and Jiraiya picked Tsunade over himself, making them accept it as well. but, yeah, i thought that the Kage was supposed to be the strongest ninja in the village, so there has to be some reason she was made an official kage, and not a replacement until they found a suitable one, like what Danzo did (except he didn't plan to find a suitable replacement).

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

who knows ,as someone stated, she might surprise us. I mean the first hokage's granddaughter can't be a complete fail as a fighter.....right? jk! what i meant is that she prob has some senju jutsu's or that would be a let-down honestly (to me anyways). Currently i think she would MOST PROBABLY lose to all kage....
    btw who else is a full-blood senju (not Naruto! not full blood)? or have senju and uchiha both kinda disappeared and mixed with other groups b/c that would really SUCK in my opinion

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

who in the village can beat Tsunade?!? (exclude Naruto)

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

maybe kakashi? but u have a point there...

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think she would lose to all of the other kages, but i don't think it would be as big a blowout as most of the other people in this thread are saying. her medical skills do make her very difficult to kill. just look at the pain invasion. she was able to use all of her chakra, sent through her slugs, to help heal everyone as they were being injured. she also has that cursed seal which makes her practically invinsible while it lasts. Also if she can land a punch on any of the kages, it would be pretty damaging. she would still lose to them, but it would probably be a close battle against any of them.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kakashi for sure. Guy could if he goes right to the 8 Gates. Hiashi and Neji likely could too, but it'd be close. That's just on raw ability.

Shikamaru and Shikaku could with their high level intellects come up with a plan to win. I don't know how well she'd or most shinobi would do against an Aburame of Shino and his father's level.

There are probably 4 shinobi in the villlage at least as strong and possibly stronger excluding Naruto.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke721 View Post
    i think she would lose to all of the other kages, but i don't think it would be as big a blowout as most of the other people in this thread are saying. her medical skills do make her very difficult to kill. just look at the pain invasion. she was able to use all of her chakra, sent through her slugs, to help heal everyone as they were being injured. she also has that cursed seal which makes her practically invinsible while it lasts. Also if she can land a punch on any of the kages, it would be pretty damaging. she would still lose to them, but it would probably be a close battle against any of them.
    She's hard to kill, but each of the other Kage's have a way to instantly kill her. A's liger bomb, lariat, or maybe even the forearm attack he used to break through susano'o. Onoki's dust release attack, Gaara's sand burial, and Mei's lava release attack.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think that u have to assume that all the nin have abilities that we dont yet kno about... take sai for example, we, and i mean "i" believed that sai was restricted to the paintings that we had already seen, but then he pulled out those God paintings n that had to have raised his powers well above wat we thought they were, again, i mean "i"... so its logical to assume that n the war, almost all the nin will show some kind of new power.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Konohagakure, Hidden Leaf Village, Fire Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    This girl is on Fire! <3

I just don't know why Kishi fails to empower Tsunade's character even though we haven't seen her full abilities? I just feel bias because like with tschukikage, he was introduced as a very strong character with his dust release, we haven't seen it though. The other kages have been portrayed to be strong and that's with less of titles and reputation, but Tsunade has a lot of reputations yet she's weak looking compared to ninjas on her level. Well, I just hope Kishi shows us what she really got in action, not just saying it in his manga through giving her reputation. :|

• Page 1 of 3 123 Last»