Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member NarutoUzumakiMinato's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoUzumakiMinato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where I Reside,US
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    The Shakujō, A New Weapon


    This discussion/theory is about Naruto's new weapon

    The Shakujō, a Buddhist ringed staff which is meant to be used in prayer,
    but can also be effectively employed as a weapon.

    First i would like to give more info about the Shakujo
    (All of which i found on Sage of the Six Paths - Narutopedia, the Naruto Wiki)
    In Japan the Shakujō became a formidable weapon in the hands of a practiced Buddhist monk. It could be used as a staff to block and parry attacks and the metal rings at the tip could be slammed into an opponent's face to momentarily blind him. At the very tip of the metal finial is a sharp point which can be used to attack weak points of the body. The bottom end of the Shakujō has a metal butt which can be used to thrust and hit an opponent. An opponent's weapons can also be easily deflect with the use of The Shakujō.

    I believe this Staff can greatly help Naruto fight Sasuke, the metal rings
    can cause momentary blindness which Naruto can use if Sasuke EMS becomes
    too much of a problem. The Shakujō is said to easily deflect an opponents
    weapon, and Sasuke has come into possesion a sword that cannot be block
    but only deflected

    Naruto believes in Love and Peace, the same values and beliefs shared by
    monks, So to say the least Naruto more than fits the description and style
    of a monk who might carry/use this staff

    Naruto has already become a Sage or Monk and may have collected the
    Yasakani Jewel, the necklace the Rikudou Sennin wore, which according
    to Japanese legend gives the one wearing it protection from kami or god

    Sasuke too has collected two of the Rikudou Sennin weapons Kusanagi Sword and the Yata Mirror which he gained from Itachi

    So what does everyone think of Naruto gaining The Shakujō
     
         

  2. #2
    Lord of War Damon Salvatore's Avatar
    Status
    Damon Salvatore is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In Nina's bed
    Posts
    5,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to pour some wine
     



    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    It would be good for Naruto to have this sort of weapon but how would he get it ?
     
         

  3. #3
    Member NarutoUzumakiMinato's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoUzumakiMinato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where I Reside,US
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by totalblind View Post
    It would be good for Naruto to have this sort of weapon but how would he get it ?

    That is a good question.....maybe one of his Uzumaki ancestors may have
    come into possesion of the Shakujō and upon meeting him/her they will
    see how great the will of fire has become inside Naruto or the fact that he
    has gained control over the Kyuubi and has gained the Rikudou Sennin's
    seal and Yasakani Jewel he/she will see that Naruto is the true owner of the Shakujō
     
         
    Last edited by NarutoUzumakiMinato; 07-31-2010 at 10:13 PM.

  4. #4
    Sennin elcob32's Avatar
    Status
    elcob32 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Village Hidden in Plain Sight
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakiMinato View Post

    ...

    Sasuke too has collected two of the Rikudou Sennin weapons Kusanagi Sword and the Yata Mirror which he gained from Itachi

    So what does everyone think of Naruto gaining The Shakujō
    Where exactly does the Manga say anything at all about Sasuke getting the Kusanagi Sword and the Yata Mirror from Itachi?
     
         

  5. #5
    Member NarutoUzumakiMinato's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoUzumakiMinato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where I Reside,US
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by elcob32 View Post
    Where exactly does the Manga say anything at all about Sasuke getting the Kusanagi Sword and the Yata Mirror from Itachi?

    Once he gained Itachi's eyes didnt he obtain Itachi's powers....unless the
    gift that Itachi gave Naruto was the Sword and Mirror and if thats the case
    then that means Naruto could have three of the Rikudou Sennin's items and
    that only justifies my theory of Naruto gaining the last item
     
         

  6. #6
    Member TotallyAlex's Avatar
    Status
    TotallyAlex is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakiMinato View Post

    Once he gained Itachi's eyes didnt he obtain Itachi's powers....unless the
    gift that Itachi gave Naruto was the Sword and Mirror and if thats the case
    then that means Naruto could have three of the Rikudou Sennin's items and
    that only justifies my theory of Naruto gaining the last item
    I dont believe sasuke obtaining EMS gives him the sword and shield that itachi collected. Also Itachi could not have given naruto the sword and mirror because he uses them against sasuke which happens after the gift is given to naruto.
     
         

  7. #7
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    13,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Only time Ninjas carry such a weapon is when their disguise as Monks, It's not a weapon you can concealed. Most Ninjas prefer to carry Daggers and Swords as their main weapons, shuriken and other small weapons as back up and diversion weapons.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member NarutoUzumakiMinato's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoUzumakiMinato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where I Reside,US
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyAlex View Post
    I dont believe sasuke obtaining EMS gives him the sword and shield that itachi collected. Also Itachi could not have given naruto the sword and mirror because he uses them against sasuke which happens after the gift is given to naruto.

    Then where would the Sword and Mirror have gone?? Maybe Itachi wanted a
    fail safe just incase Sasuke did go to the Dark Side and knew that if Sasuke
    took his eyes then the Sword and Mirror would greatly help Naruto in fighting
    Sasuke besides arent the Sword and Mirror more of an ethreal weapon meaning
    that they are based off a chakra amount?? And if thats the case then maybe
    Itachi gave Naruto most of the Sword and Mirror and only left himself enough
    to seal away Oro...Also Naruto has already gained the body of the Rikudou Sennin
    and upon gaining The Sword, Mirror, Necklace, and Staff then that would make him
    the true Rikudou Naruto


    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Only time Ninjas carry such a weapon is when their disguise as Monks, It's not a weapon you can concealed. Most Ninjas prefer to carry Daggers and Swords as their main weapons, shuriken and other small weapons as back up and diversion weapons.

    The Rikudou Sennin wasn't worried about disguises, Why would Naruto need
    to conceal his weapon?? Naruto has never been the type to be very secretive
    he has always been the loud/tricky type of fighter
     
         
    Last edited by NarutoUzumakiMinato; 08-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    13,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakiMinato View Post

    Then where would the Sword and Mirror have gone?? Maybe Itachi wanted a
    fail safe just incase Sasuke did go to the Dark Side and knew that if Sasuke
    took his eyes then the Sword and Mirror would greatly help Naruto in fighting
    Sasuke besides arent Sword and Mirror more of an ethreal weapon meaning
    that they are based off a chakra amount?? And if thats the case then maybe
    Itachi gave Naruto most of the Sword and Mirror and only left himself enough
    to seal away Oro...Also Naruto has already gained the body of the Rikudou Sennin and upon gaining The Sword, Mirror, Necklace, and Staff then that would make him the true Rikudou Naruto





    The Rikudou Sennin wasn't worried about disguises, Why would Naruto need
    to conceal his weapon?? Naruto has never been the type to be very secretive
    he has always been the loud/tricky type of fighter
    Naruto personality is not like Hercules who carry a club, Naruto with His wind power is as in the up coming new movie a small sword or small dagger type, so He can use the wind element in Him to extend the range and damage of wind Element to its fullest extent. Naruto is more the dagger type.
     
         

  10. #10
    Faith's Avatar
    Status
    Faith is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urahara Shop
    Posts
    10,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    I like this idea of Naruto getting a new weapon
    because he been using kunai for too long haha xD

    anyway..maybe after hearing his mother story about his clan etc..etc
    maybe he will go back to his clan country or something ?
    and maybe he met some elderly people and they will see the logo of uzumaki on naruto cloths then all the talking will start :D
     
         

  11. #11
    Member NarutoUzumakiMinato's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoUzumakiMinato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where I Reside,US
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Shakujō, A New Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Naruto personality is not like Hercules who carry a club, Naruto with His wind power is as in the up coming new movie a small sword or small dagger type, so He can use the wind element in Him to extend the range and damage of wind Element to its fullest extent. Naruto is more the dagger type.

    A staff is nothing like a club....a staff is considerably lighter than a club
    and yes Naruto has the Wind element which means he is good at short-to-mid
    range attacks and this Staff is perfert for that


    Quote Originally Posted by ~Faith~ View Post
    I like this idea of Naruto getting a new weapon
    because he been using kunai for too long haha xD

    anyway..maybe after hearing his mother story about his clan etc..etc
    maybe he will go back to his clan country or something ?
    and maybe he met some elderly people and they will see the logo of uzumaki on naruto cloths then all the talking will start :D

    Exactly....im not sure how he would get it but its unlikey that the Uzumaki
    clan has come into possesion of the Shakujō, and have been passing it down
    from generation to generation and upon seeing Naruto's Seal and the Necklace
    (If he has the Necklace)
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •