Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member igotgame911's Avatar
    Status
    igotgame911 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Remember back to chapter 490 when Kabuto said:"You didn't think i would come here without an ace up my sleeve? And Tobi was like oh crap! And he agreed to let him in. What so terrifying to him that he would let Kabuto in and have Sasuke? There are not many people who have fought him and drew blood( let alone live). There is only one 1 know of and that is Minato. But I don't really know. Who do you think is in the mystery box (container, coffin?)?
     
         

  2. #2
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by igotgame911 View Post
    Remember back to chapter 490 when Kabuto said:"You didn't think i would come here without an ace up my sleeve? And Tobi was like oh crap! And he agreed to let him in. What so terrifying to him that he would let Kabuto in and have Sasuke? There are not many people who have fought him and drew blood( let alone live). There is only one 1 know of and that is Minato. But I don't really know. Who do you think is in the mystery box (container, coffin?)?
    It can't be Minato. Edo Tensei summons the soul of a person, and Minato's soul is sealed permanently inside the Shinigami. So it has to be someone else. Besides, why would Madara be that afraid of Minato? Yes, Minato defeated Madara in their battle sixteen years ago, but I don't really see as to why Minato's corpse would elicit such shock from Madara. For starters, look at people that Madara admires in his life, people that he knows are more powerful than him. While it can't be Hashirama Senju (who is perhaps the best option were it not for the fact that he too, is sealed inside the Shinigami), try others. There are many possibilities as to who this unseen person could be. Some possible, and some absurd, yet strangely possible.
     
         

  3. #3
    Member silbersteven's Avatar
    Status
    silbersteven is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Well first, minato wasn't the only one to beat madara, the first hokage did.
    Second, in the fight with orochimaru and the 3rd, minato was almost brought back but the 3rd stopped him, so he can be brought back. You dont need the soul, you need the body or dna from the body, and any soul willing to be taken over.
    So therefore i think the best option would be the so6p. He would make anyone fear what abilities he might have.
     
         

  4. #4
    Member
    Status
    Joegonzo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelambs View Post
    It can't be Minato. Edo Tensei summons the soul of a person, and Minato's soul is sealed permanently inside the Shinigami. So it has to be someone else. Besides, why would Madara be that afraid of Minato? Yes, Minato defeated Madara in their battle sixteen years ago, but I don't really see as to why Minato's corpse would elicit such shock from Madara. For starters, look at people that Madara admires in his life, people that he knows are more powerful than him. While it can't be Hashirama Senju (who is perhaps the best option were it not for the fact that he too, is sealed inside the Shinigami), try others. There are many possibilities as to who this unseen person could be. Some possible, and some absurd, yet strangely possible.
    If that is the case your argument in the another thread about Madara being able to get the other half of the 9 tails chakra is not possible because it is also sealed in the shinigami(can't remember which thread). Either you believe it is possible to bring things out or you do not believe it is possible. You should not make arguments that require for you to believe in both.
     
         

  5. #5
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joegonzo View Post
    If that is the case your argument in the another thread about Madara being able to get the other half of the 9 tails chakra is not possible because it is also sealed in the shinigami(can't remember which thread). Either you believe it is possible to bring things out or you do not believe it is possible. You should not make arguments that require for you to believe in both.
    In my opinion the Shinigami only consumes souls. It does not swallow things with physical form, such as chakra. So when Sarutobi sealed the souls of Hashirama and Tobirama along with his own, I could see that happening. The yin portion of the chakra that Minato sealed inside himself remains within his corpse; his soul, though, is permanently sealed inside the Shinigami. That's why I think Madara was able to extract half of the fox's chakra from Minato's body, and also why I believe the unseen person in the final coffin that Kabuto summoned confronting Madara is not Minato.
     
         

  6. #6
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by silbersteven View Post
    Well first, minato wasn't the only one to beat madara, the first hokage did.
    Second, in the fight with orochimaru and the 3rd, minato was almost brought back but the 3rd stopped him, so he can be brought back. You dont need the soul, you need the body or dna from the body, and any soul willing to be taken over.
    So therefore i think the best option would be the so6p. He would make anyone fear what abilities he might have.
    Yes, I am aware that Hashirama Senju was the first to defeat Madara at the Valley of the End, but I'm fairly certain that Edo Tensei summons the soul of a person, and no other method can be used to revive said person. So according to your logic, if Kabuto were to have Hashirama's DNA, he would be able to revive him, despite the fact his soul is sealed inside the Shinigami? Somehow I doubt that. The Sage of the Six Paths being the person inside the last coffin is a likely possibility, and it is the best choice among many users on this forum. By the way, if I'm wrong about the workings of Edo Tensei, you are free to prove me wrong. My opinion is just that, the soul of the person being revived is needed to bring back the person into the world of the living.
     
         

  7. #7
    Member
    Status
    Joegonzo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelambs View Post
    In my opinion the Shinigami only consumes souls. It does not swallow things with physical form, such as chakra. So when Sarutobi sealed the souls of Hashirama and Tobirama along with his own, I could see that happening. The yin portion of the chakra that Minato sealed inside himself remains within his corpse; his soul, though, is permanently sealed inside the Shinigami. That's why I think Madara was able to extract half of the fox's chakra from Minato's body, and also why I believe the unseen person in the final coffin that Kabuto summoned confronting Madara is not Minato.
    I don't know how to put chapter links on yet or anything like that, but if you look at the top left corner on chapter 504 page 10 it shows both part of the nine tails chakra and Minatos going to the Shinigami. Both are sealed inside it.
     
         

  8. #8
    Flame the Untaimed Flame361's Avatar
    Status
    Flame361 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    brooklyn new york
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    did 504 come out yet,if it did can i get the link to it?
     
         

  9. #9
    Member igotgame911's Avatar
    Status
    igotgame911 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame361 View Post
    did 504 come out yet,if it did can i get the link to it?
    It did come out go to mangastream they should have it. Sorry can't provide direct link because I don't have 10 post yet.
     
         

  10. #10
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joegonzo View Post
    I don't know how to put chapter links on yet or anything like that, but if you look at the top left corner on chapter 504 page 10 it shows both part of the nine tails chakra and Minatos going to the Shinigami. Both are sealed inside it.
    Those are their souls, not their physical bodies. That is why I think the Shinigami consumes only souls, and nothing more.



    The chakra that Minato sealed inside himself will remain inside his body; but a part of the Nine-Tailed Fox (which apparently has the ability to retain its chakra and form if given time to do so) and Minato are going to battle for "eternity" inside the Shinigami's stomach; the fox's energy, however, remains within Minato.
     
         

  11. #11
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame361 View Post
    did 504 come out yet,if it did can i get the link to it?
    Naruto 504 - Read Online at Manga Stream
     
         

  12. #12
    Economical Truth kisamexRocks's Avatar
    Status
    kisamexRocks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    I'm having thoughts that it's got to be Minato, since he did defeat and severely injure Madara. And his soul was taken by the Demon Reaper, so wouldn't it be extremely hard to bring the soul back? If not then Madara can just use Kabuto to bring back the Nine Tails Chakra and if he ever get's the Kyuubi then he wins.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member
    Status
    Joegonzo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelambs View Post
    Those are their souls, not their physical bodies. That is why I think the Shinigami consumes only souls, and nothing more.


    The chakra that Minato sealed inside himself will remain inside his body; but a part of the Nine-Tailed Fox (which apparently has the ability to retain its chakra and form if given time to do so) and Minato are going to battle for "eternity" inside the Shinigami's stomach; the fox's energy, however, remains within Minato.
    Where does it say it sealed the nine tails soul? It seems more likely that it is it's chakra that is sealed within the Shinigami. On page 16 in chapter 503 he talks about sealing the fox's power along with him into the Shinigami. "Power" usually is not meant as "soul". It seems like the time when Sarutobi sealed Orochimaru's arms in the Shinigami because he couldn't get his soul. They never say that it must be the soul that is sealed into the Shinigami. They only say that the user must give up his soul to perform the jutsu.

    Something else also. If you look at the picture it seems like the fox and minato look alikes are coming from the same spot and are intertwined. From this I think it is safe to assume that whatever Minato sealed into himself went into the Shinigami. I kno that we do not know "wihtout a doubt", but it certainly seems to be the way I have just said.

    Also, the whole ten posts to put links or pics in your post is really stupid.
     
         

  14. #14
    Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    silenceofthelambs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Coffin of Time
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What is the ace Kabuto brought?

    Quote Originally Posted by kisamexRocks View Post
    I'm having thoughts that it's got to be Minato, since he did defeat and severely injure Madara. And his soul was taken by the Demon Reaper, so wouldn't it be extremely hard to bring the soul back? If not then Madara can just use Kabuto to bring back the Nine Tails Chakra and if he ever get's the Kyuubi then he wins.
    As I have stated before, why would Minato shock Madara that much? If what you're saying is true, that Kabuto developed an ability to revive those who have been sealed inside the Shinigami, why wouldn't he bring back Hashirama instead? He was the one responsible for putting Madara in the state he is today. Hashirama Senju did severely injure Madara during their battle at the Valley of the End; Minato, no. All Minato did was strike Madara with a Rasengan and stab him with a kunai, to nullify his control over the Nine-Tailed Fox. Madara was surprised that Minato had even managed to land a hit on him, but that does not denote severe, or life-threatening injury.

    Bringing back Minato wouldn't even do Kabuto much good anyway. My reasons why: Madara has already seen Minato's Flying Thunder God technique; it's highly doubtful the same trick is going to work on a person twice, when that person is an extraordinary analyst. Secondly, if Kabuto sent Minato onto the battlefield, he would be defeated rather quickly - there are ninja alive in the Naruto world who are more powerful than Minato; he might have been the best during his time, but he would not be that much of a formidable figure anymore. And thirdly, if Naruto sees it? That will only anger him more, which will put Kabuto himself in danger. And we all know what happens when Naruto's anger gets the best of him. Look at his fights with Orochimaru and Pain, for example. Minato might have defeated Madara, I agree, but Minato would not put Madara in such a state of shock, simply because it's someone he already fought, and could have stalemated (at the very least) had he remained permeable for the duration of the battle. Madara took the easiest way out, simply because he knew there were other ways to win the war. Now, while most of this is opinion, I think it presents good enough reason for the unseen person in the coffin not to be Minato. Whoever was in that coffin back in chapter 490, it is someone who is much more powerful than Madara - could it be the Sage of the Six Paths, or one of his sons? We wait to find out.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •