Page 5 of 17 « First 12345678915 ... Last»
    Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Suggestions and discussions!

We need to discuss what is on everybody's mind.

War.

How will it be organized? How many people will be involved? Will it all be one on one, or will it be one giant rape-fest?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

I vote for teh rape-fest.

Though I don't really see how it could be group vs. group at a time. Every time I've seen an attempt at more than 2v2 it goes nowhere....even 2v2 is ugly usually.

But I don't see why it would have to be group vs. group. Even in the manga in all the important battles its usually 1v1. If you go to war with another village you could just have people pair off and fight until nobody is left.

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    For that, i would suggest a battle, whoever wins turns Kage of the village. However that will bring a bigger problem. Everyone will want to be Kage and everyone will fight so the Kage will be always changing and then there will be no organization and the village will fall apart.

@pervy sage: oh okay, then yeah, it would be np as no one would know your rank inside your village. And true, nowadays post count doesnt count since everyone can be Kage lol (not saying i dont like this system )
    it's not just that... what if someone somehow won but was the lazy type or unfriendly/unsocial... nothing would get done and it could run a village into the ground and lose members.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

For the process of having a war, which is around a month after the kick off of this system, I suggest this...

Village A and Village B chooses their fighters
    - Obviously there are going to be important positions in danger, and people that will guard it. So let's say Village A attacks Village B for the sake of killing the kage/Daimyo. This puts Village B on the Defense. Village B can have their group of ninja fight on their turf.

Pairing
    - Each fighter will be paired with the opposition. Doing this will make all fights 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3 to follow any three man cell units that might happen. I see a lot of 1 vs 1 being a lot more common. Now let's say it's 5 vs 5. That means 5 matches. If Village A Fighter 1 beats Village B Fighter 2 then he or she can help another member in a match. It's war, there will always be interruptions in battles or random reinforcements.

Village A vs Village B
    Member 1 vs Member 1.... Winner is Member 1 of Village A

Village A's Member 1 joins the fight of Village A's Member 2 to help against Village B's Member 2. So on and so forth.

This makes teamwork critical, knowing your opponents, strategy for stalling/attack/killing way more essential. Doing this will not only make the wars act like the real thing, but make people want to get stronger.

Regardless, this won't be in effect till one month from the start of the village system and a lot can change at that time. I'm just suggesting ways to make battles fair, spam free, and less confusing than have 10 people (5v5) messing up a war.

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashibo View Post
    For the process of having a war, which is around a month after the kick off of this system, I suggest this...

Village A and Village B chooses their fighters
    - Obviously there are going to be important positions in danger, and people that will guard it. So let's say Village A attacks Village B for the sake of killing the kage/Daimyo. This puts Village B on the Defense. Village B can have their group of ninja fight on their turf.

Pairing
    - Each fighter will be paired with the opposition. Doing this will make all fights 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3 to follow any three man cell units that might happen. I see a lot of 1 vs 1 being a lot more common. Now let's say it's 5 vs 5. That means 5 matches. If Village A Fighter 1 beats Village B Fighter 2 then he or she can help another member in a match. It's war, there will always be interruptions in battles or random reinforcements.

Village A vs Village B
    Member 1 vs Member 1.... Winner is Member 1 of Village A

Village A's Member 1 joins the fight of Village A's Member 2 to help against Village B's Member 2. So on and so forth.

This makes teamwork critical, knowing your opponents, strategy for stalling/attack/killing way more essential. Doing this will not only make the wars act like the real thing, but make people want to get stronger.

Regardless, this won't be in effect till one month from the start of the village system and a lot can change at that time. I'm just suggesting ways to make battles fair, spam free, and less confusing than have 10 people (5v5) messing up a war.
    I really like this one. It's realistic and possible.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

I don't agree with Musa. Sorry

I think villages should form pairs, but there could be a team that does nothing, it's just there to, let's say heal the others. They would have to progress in the battlefield, with the others, and so they'll post their progress after each deffending attack, basing the time frame of the match on that. There could be 3 people interested in blocking the attack of just one.

I believe the system should be the following.

Open Terrain Match:

The offensing Village attacks, in the post, they could say how many will attack at the same time as him. (Maximum 3, let's say). As all three (or less), attack, the deffending team can attack with as many as they want (or with a max of 5?), attacking simultaneously. So even though multiple people post their moves, there is only one time frame for each wave of attack.
    I also suggestion bring down the jutsu's per move to two or one per person, or have a pre-set ammount of jutsus on each row, like 6 for the offending and 8 for the deffending.

Area Match

After an open terrain introdution, some members could engage on a one on one fight, on another room. In the open thread, it could be the assault to the gate, as soon as the gate is open, there could be 2 guys that go to a room, away from the open field, and are followed or encounter one deffending, or two etc. Then an area match, on another thread would take place.

These matches would follow the same rule for solo matches. Offending 1, deffending 1, offending 2, deffending 2, and so on. ( If the offending village enters a room and is then surprised by the deffending team, then the deffending team becomes the offending )
    In these area matches, the team that creates the thread doesn't necessarily need to fight others, they could remain unspotted, and thus progress through the village unseen.

So I suggest that in a war, multiple threads are created:

1 Open Thread, by the offending team, located at the gate and following throughout the whole area of the battle. It could be stretched to any of the Area threads.

Several Base Area threads, with stationed guards or the Kage's Room. They could leave this threads and join other Area threads or the Open Thread, leaving this area unguarded.

And then the offending village could send a couple of teams to scavenger through the Area threads.

Ok, any doubts?

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    I don't agree with Musa. Sorry

I think villages should form pairs, but there could be a team that does nothing, it's just there to, let's say heal the others. They would have to progress in the battlefield, with the others, and so they'll post their progress after each deffending attack, basing the time frame of the match on that. There could be 3 people interested in blocking the attack of just one.

I believe the system should be the following.

Open Terrain Match:

The offensing Village attacks, in the post, they could say how many will attack at the same time as him. (Maximum 3, let's say). As all three (or less), attack, the deffending team can attack with as many as they want (or with a max of 5?), attacking simultaneously. So even though multiple people post their moves, there is only one time frame for each wave of attack.
    I also suggestion bring down the jutsu's per move to two or one per person, or have a pre-set ammount of jutsus on each row, like 6 for the offending and 8 for the deffending.

Area Match

After an open terrain introdution, some members could engage on a one on one fight, on another room. In the open thread, it could be the assault to the gate, as soon as the gate is open, there could be 2 guys that go to a room, away from the open field, and are followed or encounter one deffending, or two etc. Then an area match, on another thread would take place.

These matches would follow the same rule for solo matches. Offending 1, deffending 1, offending 2, deffending 2, and so on. ( If the offending village enters a room and is then surprised by the deffending team, then the deffending team becomes the offending )
    In these area matches, the team that creates the thread doesn't necessarily need to fight others, they could remain unspotted, and thus progress through the village unseen.

So I suggest that in a war, multiple threads are created:

1 Open Thread, by the offending team, located at the gate and following throughout the whole area of the battle. It could be stretched to any of the Area threads.

Several Base Area threads, with stationed guards or the Kage's Room. They could leave this threads and join other Area threads or the Open Thread, leaving this area unguarded.

And then the offending village could send a couple of teams to scavenger through the Area threads.

Ok, any doubts?
    Sounds nice, and an advanced form of my idea. I was making a simple system to make war battles more organized by the simple ideas and guidelines to not confuse members of what is going on.

Like you said the attacking village, or team, will have a set amount of attackers. This set amount will need to be said or specified when going on the offensive.

The defending village will have their ninjas in their village ready to counter-act against the opposing team. This will be done by multiple thread like you said.

Though I want to fix that. I say that a declaration of war thread should be posted and all information, that wouldn't reveal any trade secrets or whatever can be established. Defending team will set up all enviroment aspects, and attacking team will establish the rules of combat. Defending village will have the advantage of having more people, and more to work with since it's home advantage.

I fully agree to this idea, but then again we can tweak it in the future if the war aspects change.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Musashibo View Post
    Sounds nice, and an advanced form of my idea. I was making a simple system to make war battles more organized by the simple ideas and guidelines to not confuse members of what is going on.

Like you said the attacking village, or team, will have a set amount of attackers. This set amount will need to be said or specified when going on the offensive.

The defending village will have their ninjas in their village ready to counter-act against the opposing team. This will be done by multiple thread like you said.

Though I want to fix that. I say that a declaration of war thread should be posted and all information, that wouldn't reveal any trade secrets or whatever can be established. Defending team will set up all enviroment aspects, and attacking team will establish the rules of combat. Defending village will have the advantage of having more people, and more to work with since it's home advantage.

I fully agree to this idea, but then again we can tweak it in the future if the war aspects change.
    That is actually a good idea. It would be good if every village had a map so that we can know the position of every Area thread.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Work work dont stop

i wont join a village. As it is my duty to be "that guy". So expect me to be plotting evily against you guys. Have A good Day ^_^

P.s.: anyone needs something done, secretly pm me and I shall work for hire. Or i might just bandwagon with kirabi and iseris. Either way. I will pwn what ever bothers me

Last edited by Icemyster; 06-22-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyster View Post
    I will pwn what ever bothers me
    What ever bothers you? Do you expect to be bothered by some sort of object?

Last edited by Lili-Chwan; 06-22-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've seen this question asked frequently but haven't seen an answer so I ask this question like the others: What will the role of med-ninjas play in the system? I myslef believe that there should be aroun 3 Med-ninjas per village (if the numbers allow for such, that is). this way, squads can be more realistically structured asfter the manga/anime.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

The med ninja system is deficient... I tried to figure out how to learn med-jutsu but Caliburn pretty much told be there was very slim possibilities to be accepted, as there were no new med-ninjas for a long while...

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking. Villages are hidden for everyone who's not part of it, but that's not very realistic, as there are many merchants and allies from other villages that are also allowed to enter, with a few restrictions, obviously.

What if, for each village, we create 2 sections. The private, consisting on important buildings such as the HQ, and some areas of the Kage's room. That section would be for village members only. Then there could be the open area, with the Gates, and all the shops and houses. Everyone strange to the village would have to ask for permission to enter at the gates.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I was thinking. Villages are hidden for everyone who's not part of it, but that's not very realistic, as there are many merchants and allies from other villages that are also allowed to enter, with a few restrictions, obviously.

What if, for each village, we create 2 sections. The private, consisting on important buildings such as the HQ, and some areas of the Kage's room. That section would be for village members only. Then there could be the open area, with the Gates, and all the shops and houses. Everyone strange to the village would have to ask for permission to enter at the gates.
    good idea^^

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Frickin' awesome idea, Lili.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like the idea.Reps for you ^^

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

The med ninja system is deficient... I tried to figure out how to learn med-jutsu but Caliburn pretty much told be there was very slim possibilities to be accepted, as there were no new med-ninjas for a long while...

Very good idea. ^_^

Konoha sort of already has this going on since theres the Konoha Town section.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead

Definitely would make things more realistic, and I don't see any problems with the idea as far as affecting wars and battles, but I'm just not seeing what the point is. Correct me if I misunderstood, but basically all that's going to be in the public area are shops and houses and stuff, right? In other words, threads where everyone simply fools around and talks about random things amongst each other. But wouldn't this, in essence, just be a bunch of extra Konoha Towns? O.o Only for specific villages?

Not saying it's a bad idea, just not seeing the real purpose behind it. =/

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Definitely would make things more realistic, and I don't see any problems with the idea as far as affecting wars and battles, but I'm just not seeing what the point is. Correct me if I misunderstood, but basically all that's going to be in the public area are shops and houses and stuff, right? In other words, threads where everyone simply fools around and talks about random things amongst each other. But wouldn't this, in essence, just be a bunch of extra Konoha Towns? O.o Only for specific villages?

Not saying it's a bad idea, just not seeing the real purpose behind it. =/
    The purpose is to separate junk from important threads. Now we're few, but with time we will have more and more villagers, all creating shops, houses and other useless threads, or trainning threads and the village will be clogged.

Since every bio is visible, trainning should also, so that we can check if a person had the proper trainning, and it would give people the ability to feel like they really are part of a village. Also it would be good to train people that are from ally villages, and want to learn a thing or two from one village. For example, Hidden Mist is known for their water jutsus. One would want to travel to the Hidden Mist to master her/his secondary or etc elemental affinity.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead

The purpose is to separate junk from important threads. Now we're few, but with time we will have more and more villagers, all creating shops, houses and other useless threads, or trainning threads and the village will be clogged.

Since every bio is visible, trainning should also, so that we can check if a person had the proper trainning, and it would give people the ability to feel like they really are part of a village. Also it would be good to train people that are from ally villages, and want to learn a thing or two from one village. For example, Hidden Mist is known for their water jutsus. One would want to travel to the Hidden Mist to master her/his secondary or etc elemental affinity.
    So basically it would add a larger sense of adventure to the rp? M'kay, I'm for it then. Although, we've been told that actual jutsu-teaching still has to be done in the public training grounds forum. So whether this goes through or not, the only training that everyone can't see is strategy discussion.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You should give up… on
    me giving up!"

where do u find the "Identify me as a user of the following group" part ?

Man of a Thousand Blades Son Of Itachi's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Rule 3 of the village system "those who send info to other villages about their own village will be banned from the ninja world roleplay"

i believe this rule should be changed because we've seen Betryal and espionage happen in the manga/anime, and it would make for great mission ideas aswell

example: a memeber of the stone village has been sending info to the hidden leaf, your job is to find this Person and bring to the kage, if he shows resistance, attack him head on

well thats just a suggestion

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Itachi View Post
    Rule 3 of the village system "those who send info to other villages about their own village will be banned from the ninja world roleplay"

i believe this rule should be changed because we've seen Betryal and espionage happen in the manga/anime, and it would make for great mission ideas aswell

example: a memeber of the stone village has been sending info to the hidden leaf, your job is to find this Person and bring to the kage, if he shows resistance, attack him head on

well thats just a suggestion
    Suggested already... Sorry. But to be fair. If you betray your village, there are heavy consequences. Its the same as here. You just have to be smart while spying or betraying.

Man of a Thousand Blades Son Of Itachi's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Suggested already... Sorry. But to be fair. If you betray your village, there are heavy consequences. Its the same as here. You just have to be smart while spying or betraying.
    i Guess...but it just makes more sense instead of being banned From the roleplay, the least you should get is kicked out of your village, and unable to roleplay for a week or so

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Itachi View Post
    i Guess...but it just makes more sense instead of being banned From the roleplay, the least you should get is kicked out of your village, and unable to roleplay for a week or so
    Seeing as the real consequece in RL is either death or Life prison...