Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member Shikamaru101's Avatar
    Status
    Shikamaru101 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    There is a common misconception about the Boil Release that of Mei Terumi. Many people say that it can not be used in open areas and only in enclosed spaces, but i will attempt to disprove this.

    Mei can use Hidden Mist Style as well as the Acid Mist. When she has used her Hidden Mist, she has used it in open spaces and it has worked. This is also shown again when Zabuza fought Team Kakashi. The Hidden Mist style worked in an open area and obscured vision. Now onto Boil release which is nearly identical to Hidden Mist however it is acidic in nature. If Mei can successfully use Hidden Mist in a open environment, then surely she can use Boil release in a open environment although it will not be as effective. If Zabuza can affect the environment in such a way that it obscures vision, i am confident that Mei can too with Hidden Mist and her Boil Release.

    Why do people think she can not use it in open areas? For one, against Sasuke she enclosed the room to use it against him. This does not necessarily mean that it has to be used this way, it is just more effective.

    Also, when Mei deactivated the jutsu when a hole had been created in the room does not show us it could not be used in open areas as the reason why it was deactivated was to PROTECT THE KAGE etc. Otherwise, they would have been affected by it.

    Why hasn't Mei used Boil release in open areas? Because she has never fought by herself. She has always fought with team mates and using the acid mist will harm them as well as the opponent.

    Now onto it's uses in battle. Mei could potentially combine the Acid Mist and Hidden Mist to, firstly obscure the opponent's vision and also to keep them away from herself otherwise they would be affected by the acidity.

    To conclude, Mei's acid mist can most likely be used in open areas as well as enclosed areas, due to Hidden Mist working in open areas etc.
     
         

  2. #2
    終 充琉寿 Owarij's Avatar
    Status
    Owarij is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Valyria
    Posts
    13,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Eh? no, She can use it in open areas.. It's just that logically, a gas//mist wont be as effective in an open field when compared to an enclosed area
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    U know the Rama's bring the
    drama
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    honestly it's sad that this has to be addressed, but i agree
     
         

  4. #4
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Agree she can use it in open areas.
    It will be more effective in a closed area though, like any other gas.
    and the main reason she closed the area anyway, was because it wouldnt leak to the other kages, not because it was required to close the area to use it, like some people believe. So yeah, she can use it in open ares.
     
         

  5. #5
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    The reason she can use hidden mist in open area's is because the mist comes from the water in the automosphrere....
    The acid mist thing she creates it there's no acid in automosphrere so it will just evaporate -_-
    Everybody should know this
    Ppl tend to overrate Mei by far she is the weakest Kage
    Seeing as the mist is the weakest village (yes weaker then the Suna witch is not tht weak just kinda poor compared to stone lead and lighting yes it would appear weak)
    If she were in any village she would b a mid joinin with flashy abilities at best...
     
         
    Last edited by Dęvîa Puęrî; 02-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.

  6. #6
    ... AizenSosuke's Avatar
    Status
    AizenSosuke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    Agree she can use it in open areas.
    It will be more effective in a closed area though, like any other gas.
    and the main reason she closed the area anyway, was because it wouldnt leak to the other kages, not because it was required to close the area to use it, like some people believe. So yeah, she can use it in open ares.
    This^^
     
         

  7. #7
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Also tht asumption tht she didn't use it because of the other kages against madara is false as u seen when madara used his own poisen like jutsu (the pollen flower tree world thing) gaara was able to raise the kages up in an instant so they wouldn't be harmed or breath it in
    Hence if she were able to use it outside it wouldn't harm them cuz gaara can raise them above it

    She can't use it in open area's ...
     
         

  8. #8
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    Also tht asumption tht she didn't use it because of the other kages against madara is false as u seen when madara used his own poisen like jutsu (the pollen flower tree world thing) gaara was able to raise the kages up in an instant so they wouldn't be harmed or breath it in
    Hence if she were able to use it outside it wouldn't harm them cuz gaara can raise them above it

    She can't use it in open area's ...
    Maybe you are right though but maybe not.
    Why would she use it in the madara fight? it is quite mobile and the gas doesnt seem to be.
    The lava has more speed and can be thrown quicker on the opponent.
    Same goes for the water jutsus.
     
         

  9. #9
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    Maybe you are right though but maybe not.
    Why would she use it in the madara fight? it is quite mobile and the gas doesnt seem to be.
    The lava has more speed and can be thrown quicker on the opponent.
    Same goes for the water jutsus.
    Lava has no speed feats hell even Karin dodged it
    Mei even knew this and had A try to push him into it

    Why would she use it u ask
    Well for one she can't but if she could she would've used it to destroy the poisen Forrest by melting it like she melted sasuke Susanno there r other ways it can b used but
    Ur assumption because hidden mist can b used is invalid because mist comes from the rain/moisture in the air
    Acid mist is created there is no acid in automosphrere to carry the mist through the areas thus letting it evaporate

    In a closed area it wouldn't evaporate because is sealed in the air....
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Shikamaru101's Avatar
    Status
    Shikamaru101 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    Lava has no speed feats hell even Karin dodged it
    Mei even knew this and had A try to push him into it

    Why would she use it u ask
    Well for one she can't but if she could she would've used it to destroy the poisen Forrest by melting it like she melted sasuke Susanno there r other ways it can b used but
    Ur assumption because hidden mist can b used is invalid because mist comes from the rain/moisture in the air
    Acid mist is created there is no acid in automosphrere to carry the mist through the areas thus letting it evaporate

    In a closed area it wouldn't evaporate because is sealed in the air....
    Do you read the manga? Mei WAS NOT aiming for Karin. She was aiming for the wall to cover it up so she could run around the outside and enclose Sasuke. I repeat, Karin dodged something that was not aimed at her.
     
         

  11. #11
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru101 View Post
    Do you read the manga? Mei WAS NOT aiming for Karin. She was aiming for the wall to cover it up so she could run around the outside and enclose Sasuke. I repeat, Karin dodged something that was not aimed at her.
    It was targeted at the wall witch sasuke an Karin was standing in front of if she would've stood there she would've been hit..... It was aimed at her in a sence
     
         

  12. #12
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru101 View Post
    Do you read the manga? Mei WAS NOT aiming for Karin. She was aiming for the wall to cover it up so she could run around the outside and enclose Sasuke. I repeat, Karin dodged something that was not aimed at her.

    As the OP u shouldn't meddle in little arguments between ppl
    If u read the other guys comment u see why I brong up lava release

    Anyways back to the topic no Mei cannot use boil release in open area's it will just evaporate
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Shikamaru101's Avatar
    Status
    Shikamaru101 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    It was targeted at the wall witch sasuke an Karin was standing in front of if she would've stood there she would've been hit..... It was aimed at her in a sence
    You don't understand the point. She was not aiming for Karin so she did not miss her. She was aiming for the wall and she hit the wall. If she was aiming for Karin, do you not think she would have tried again to get her?
     
         

  14. #14
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    Lava has no speed feats hell even Karin dodged it
    Mei even knew this and had A try to push him into it

    Why would she use it u ask
    Well for one she can't but if she could she would've used it to destroy the poisen Forrest by melting it like she melted sasuke Susanno there r other ways it can b used but
    Ur assumption because hidden mist can b used is invalid because mist comes from the rain/moisture in the air
    Acid mist is created there is no acid in automosphrere to carry the mist through the areas thus letting it evaporate

    In a closed area it wouldn't evaporate because is sealed in the air....
    I dont care about real life science in a Naruto fiction world.
    So all the talk about evaporating doesnt seem important to me. Earth gets countered by lightning in this manga and that doesnt make sense either so if boil release, made out of water and fire, can hang around (due to comming from her mouth), than that is fine by me.

    Why would she use boil release on the pollen if a simple dodge cost less chakra?

    Lava is not among the fastests, that is true.

    Something that makes her look quite weak is the fact that she cant control the mist. With that I dont mean the acid lvl, but the direction the mist goes to. Not having that control looks like she still has a long way to go.

    Not being able to control the direction it moves to, makes it quite weak in open area's, cause it could just move to where you dont want it to move, like away from your target or to you and your teammates.

    Maybe that is the biggest problem in open areas, whereas it would stay put in a closed area.

    Dont you think so?
     
         
    Last edited by Meowazziel; 02-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  15. #15
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    I dont care about real life science in a Naruto fiction world.
    So all the talk about evaporating doesnt seem important to me. Earth gets countered by lightning in this manga and that doesnt make sense either so if boil release, made out of water and fire, can hang around (due to comming from her mouth), than that is fine by me.

    Why would she use boil release on the pollen if a simple dodge cost less chakra?

    Lava is not among the fastests, that is true.

    Something that makes her look quite weak is the fact that she cant control the mist. With that I dont mean the acid lvl, but the direction the mist goes to. Not having that control looks like she still has a long way to go.

    Not being able to control the direction it moves to, makes it quite weak in open area's, cause it could just move to where you dont want it to move, like away from your target or to you and your teammates.

    Maybe that is the biggest problem in open areas, whereas it would stay put in a closed area.

    Dont you think so?
    If she was able to use boil release on pollen it would've melted thus saving the kages she was **** out of luck there was no dodging if gaara wasn't there she would've died then as there along with A and tsuande well tsuande could've summoned her thing to stand y'all above the Forrest


    True naruto does change up some of the rules

    But how they explained natures like tht (vapor release storm release ) among other water like styles it still uses logic

    For a Kage yes Mei is pretty weak but she's mid to high joinin she just lacks confidence stamina enduerence and a good fighting style majority of her moves have to b great only on certain things (example areas for one) so she's a game of chance as a fighter
    There's a junjurchi tht munipulates lava
    But she's not it so ehhh
    Even if u dnt except tht Mei has never used acid mist in open out door terrain so who gives u or anyone else the right to say otherwise
    At least my argument is based on the fact tht she has indeed never used it outdoors..

    Kages
    Onooki
    Gaara
    A>=tsuande
    Tsuande
    Mei
     
         

  16. #16
    Member KakuzuHatesMoney's Avatar
    Status
    KakuzuHatesMoney is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    The reason she can use hidden mist in open area's is because the mist comes from the water in the automosphrere....
    The acid mist thing she creates it there's no acid in automosphrere so it will just evaporate -_-
    Everybody should know this
    Ppl tend to overrate Mei by far she is the weakest Kage
    Seeing as the mist is the weakest village (yes weaker then the Suna witch is not tht weak just kinda poor compared to stone lead and lighting yes it would appear weak)
    If she were in any village she would b a mid joinin with flashy abilities at best...
    Kisame was from the mist. He was an absolute beast.
     
         

  17. #17
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    If she was able to use boil release on pollen it would've melted thus saving the kages she was **** out of luck there was no dodging if gaara wasn't there she would've died then as there along with A and tsuande well tsuande could've summoned her thing to stand y'all above the Forrest


    True naruto does change up some of the rules

    But how they explained natures like tht (vapor release storm release ) among other water like styles it still uses logic

    For a Kage yes Mei is pretty weak but she's mid to high joinin she just lacks confidence stamina enduerence and a good fighting style majority of her moves have to b great only on certain things (example areas for one) so she's a game of chance as a fighter
    There's a junjurchi tht munipulates lava
    But she's not it so ehhh
    Even if u dnt except tht Mei has never used acid mist in open out door terrain so who gives u or anyone else the right to say otherwise
    At least my argument is based on the fact tht she has indeed never used it outdoors..

    Kages
    Onooki
    Gaara
    A>=tsuande
    Tsuande
    Mei
    She didnt knew that Gaara would save them?
    Okay, well she might not be able to use boil release outside in that case than.
    Bit silly Kekkei genkai than, or she should create walls around someone with a roof and
    floor and everything with earth release (which she has ).
     
         

  18. #18
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    She didnt knew that Gaara would save them?
    Okay, well she might not be able to use boil release outside in that case than.
    Bit silly Kekkei genkai than, or she should create walls around someone with a roof and
    floor and everything with earth release (which she has ).
    Wen I said she didn't know gaara would save them is saying she had no counter for the pollen Forrest tht would've killed her and without gaara she would b dead
     
         

  19. #19
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    Wen I said she didn't know gaara would save them is saying she had no counter for the pollen Forrest tht would've killed her and without gaara she would b dead
    I dont know if she would have been able to create so much mist to kill all the pollen. She cant control the direction the mist moves, so its kinda a bad jutsu to use vs the pollen. It might float away and not even stay near the pollen or a boil mist of the same scale cant be used.

    I cant remember if she was surprised that Gaara saved them or if she knew it would happen (and decided not to use boil release).
     
         

  20. #20
    Member tracytracy22's Avatar
    Status
    tracytracy22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    The reason she can use hidden mist in open area's is because the mist comes from the water in the automosphrere....
    The acid mist thing she creates it there's no acid in automosphrere so it will just evaporate -_-
    Everybody should know this
    Ppl tend to overrate Mei by far she is the weakest Kage
    Seeing as the mist is the weakest village (yes weaker then the Suna witch is not tht weak just kinda poor compared to stone lead and lighting yes it would appear weak)
    If she were in any village she would b a mid joinin with flashy abilities at best...
    Overrated? Is that a joke? She one of the most underrated characters! But your right she probably is the weakest kage although I could definitely see her defeating Tsunade although it would very difficult.
     
         

  21. #21
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by tracytracy22 View Post
    Overrated? Is that a joke? She one of the most underrated characters! But your right she probably is the weakest kage although I could definitely see her defeating Tsunade although it would very difficult.
    Mei has no speed feats and no defensive abilities shown, only offensive. Even if she could somehow keep boil release mist around her, that still wouldnt stop Tsunade during Byakugo.
    How can she avoid getting 1hit KO by Tsunade during Byakugo? Tsunade can probably even do it without. Raikage could stomp her low diff too.

    Its sad to see how Kishi seems to have forgotten (hopefully not on purpose) Terumi Mei.
    She has not even been given any defensive moves (none shown at least) and no speed feats.

    It would have been cool if Kishi made her more agile, like sneaking in mist, having descent speed like Zabuza and some silent killing moves or if that wouldnt be her style than some other unique form of fighting. Like covering herself in some water or lava armor or being able to use Houzuki jutsus for example.
     
         
    Last edited by Meowazziel; 02-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.

  22. #22
    Member tracytracy22's Avatar
    Status
    tracytracy22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    Mei has no speed feats and no defensive abilities shown, only offensive. Even if she could somehow keep boil release mist around her, that still wouldnt stop Tsunade during Byakugo.
    How can she avoid getting 1hit KO by Tsunade during Byakugo? Tsunade can probably even do it without. Raikage could stomp her low diff too.

    Its sad to see how Kishi seems to have forgotten (hopefully not on purpose) Terumi Mei.
    She has not even been given any defensive moves (none shown at least) and no speed feats.

    It would have been cool if Kishi made her more agile, like sneaking in mist, having descent speed like Zabuza and some silent killing moves or if that wouldnt be her style than some other unique form of fighting. Like covering herself in some water or lava armor or being able to use Houzuki jutsus for example.
    Your right...she has no speed feats but she actually has shown defensive abilities and great reaction speed.



    If she can keep boil release up, its actually kinda dangerous, even if Tsunade has her byakugo activated - it would just eat up her chakra even more as it would cause a continuous burn. She could keep Tsunade away using the pillar + dragon combo. And its obvious the raikage would defeat her easily but this isnt about him.

    I agree with you in that Kishi could have made her more unique but I think she's great as she is. She very versatile - she can use 5 elements. Too bad we just saw her use the same jutsu over and over again.

    Btw I think she might have shown a speed feat...

    If you look at this first scan...all the kage are together and it looks like they're all pretty far away from Madara.



    And then...Tsunade ends up attacking Madara. In the next scan, it looks like Madara was pushed back or jumps back a considerable distance and proceeds to attack Tsunade.



    In the below scan, Mei is actually behind Madara/to his side when she uses her water dragon jutsu. So it looks like she crossed a considerable distance (madara was already far away from the kage to begin with but ends up moving further back when attacking Tsunade) in a very short time. The whole thing happened pretty quickly. But I dont know if this would be considered a speed feat.

     
         
    Last edited by tracytracy22; 02-09-2013 at 01:24 AM.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Shikamaru101's Avatar
    Status
    Shikamaru101 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    I agree with tracey. She is far too underrated. Let's look at the feats she has done so far. Firstly, Madara Uchiha said 'he can't let himself get drawn into a technique of that level', about her lava. So actually it is quite powerful and dangerous as even Madara stated it.
    Secondly, she is one of the greatest water users. She was able to counter a Uchiha's fire style which are supposedly the best so that shows she is capable defensive wise and also instantly she was able to counter attack with another Water Style. This was done with minimal water around her. Kisame could be better but all of his water moves have been executed with a large amont of water around him e.g. on turtle island with the sea around him.
     
         

  24. #24
    Banned
    Status
    Nibi Yugito Nii is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Railkage Mansion
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    iam killing kishi for killing
    yugito the bastard
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Its a short and mid range justu she can use it in open areas
     
         

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Status
    bigfatloser is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Misconception about Mei Terumi's Boil Release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dęvîa Puęrî View Post
    The reason she can use hidden mist in open area's is because the mist comes from the water in the automosphrere....
    The acid mist thing she creates it there's no acid in automosphrere so it will just evaporate -_-
    Everybody should know this
    Ppl tend to overrate Mei by far she is the weakest Kage
    Seeing as the mist is the weakest village (yes weaker then the Suna witch is not tht weak just kinda poor compared to stone lead and lighting yes it would appear weak)
    If she were in any village she would b a mid joinin with flashy abilities at best...
    NO.

    This is not how evaporation works. I read this whole topic waiting for someone to correct this completely incorrect science. A liquid evaporates when it's vapor pressure is greater then the surrounding pressure. This depends on two factors: the temperature of the liquid in question (increasing it's vapor pressure) and the surrounding pressure (typically ambient, that's why we say water evaporates at 100C.)

    Evaporation has nothing to do with the amount of acid currently dissolved in the surrounding air (I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say atmosphere.) If you mean acid dissolved in the 'atmosphere' a mile above the surface of the earth, then sorry but whatever twisted logic is going on in your head is wrong, because acid does exist up there (acid rain ring a bell?) Maybe you think all the acid would dissolve into the oxygen, but given that the acid is in an aqueous form (as far as I can tell) this is just as likely to happen with water.

    To the other readers of this topic: don't be so quick to accept pseudo-science as counter-claims. This isn't the first time I've seen blatantly incorrect science used for the justification of some stupid theory on how such and such would work in the naruto universe.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •