View Poll Results: Are Deidera and Kakuzu underrated?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

4 28.57%
    GwemBaba

Kakuzu and Deidera are underrated

Read all first before you start dolling out the abuse!

The people who read my 'Akatsuki from strongest to weakest' thread seemed unable to do that.

Am I seriously the only one who thinks that Deidera and Kakuzu are among the strongest in the Akatsuki?
    By Jutsu for Jutsu, variety of fighting, and power of Jutsu, I put them in the top three, beside Nagato, and got absolutely slated for it

wanna join in on the hate? http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=314593
    Enjoy slating me for an opinion based on rational thought

Now I was going to do a defense on Deidera, but this guy's already got one. http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=671936

Now with Kakuzu.

First off, a testament to his skills was his survival in a battle against Hashirama Senju, he was known to have survived it, unlike Madara who was thought dead, many years before his acquisition of the Earth Grudge Fear technique.

Due to his unique Earth Grudge Fear technique (For those of you who seem unable to remember this fact, this is why he is top three as this ability affords him the ability to use all five baisic chakra natures) and near a century worth of experience, this allowed him to fight several opponents while generally controlling the pace of the fight, including Kakashi with Chōji and Ino as backup, and would have possibly killed them, had it not been for Plot no Juts ala Naruto.

Taijutsu
    Kakuzu has demonstrated great raw speed, he is able to cross great distances in the blink of an eye and disappear from unfocused eyes. He was fast enough to be able to intercept Kakashi when he was attacking Hidan with his Lightning Cutter, bare in mind Kakuzu was effectively playing possum at the time and went from being behind Kakashi on the floor, to standing in front of him in an instant.

His raw strength was great enough to, send even Kakashi flying into a tree and the sheer force of it was enough to ground the surrounding trees.
    He was able to catch one of Chōji's enlarged punches with a single hand, as well as send an opponent flying with a single kick. This was further supplemented by his already adept taijutsu skills, shown when, during his fight with Kakashi (who is quite skilled in taijutsu, more so than Pt1 Rock Lee, maybe even pt2) he mixed his hardening and extending abilities with his taijutsu all of which afforded him great versatility against his opponents. Using Earth Release: Earth Spear Technique he was able to increase his hardness, up to the point when he was able to withstand attacks that were normally fatal, an example being him able to withstand Choji's surprise ambush without any visible damage.

Ninjutsu

Earth Grudge Fear

Kakuzu's long range form.
    All of Kakuzu's abilities revolved around his unique body structure, which was composed of hundreds of thick, grey tendrils woven throughout his flesh called Earth Grudge Fear, holding his body together like the stitches of a rag-doll. This allowed him to separate his body parts at will, to perform long-range physical attacks and sew up almost any injury he suffered. All these abilities made him very difficult to defeat. The threads could also be used to repair the bodies of others, as seen when he reattached Deidara's arms.

Because of his unique body structure, Kakuzu is a highly enduring man, able to take a direct strike from Kakashi's Lightning Cutter without it hindering his performance. His threads could even compact together to form a giant octopus-like form around his body, used for long range battle.

Kakuzu's threads granted him a degree of immortality.
    The threads could pierce the flesh and bodies of others, allowing him to remove their organs and integrate them into his own body, thereby extending his life. He commonly removed hearts in this fashion, keeping a total of five at any time, and requiring that he be killed at least five times in a battle before he truly died.
    If Kakuzu was killed somehow, then one of his extra hearts could then re-enter his body and bring him back to life at the cost of the heart.

Nature Transformation

The hearts captured from other ninja granted Kakuzu numerous elemental affinities, along with a vast supply of chakra. By collecting these hearts Kakuzu's own affinity is reinforced and his skill in other elements is increased to the point that he was able to use various different elemental attacks that were noted to be impossible, without having an affinity to that particular element. This is done by connecting his chakra circulatory system to his four extra hearts, granting him the ability to change his chakra nature and affinity to that of the previous owner. The individual hearts could be released from his body and wrapped in a vast blanket of threads, forcing a heart into a limb before being detached or forming a monstrous body with a mask as its face. These masks could move and attack independently, unleashing powerful blasts of elemental chakra from their mouths.

Also, in lacking any human features, like eyes or organs, effectively makes them immune to Genjutsu,
    also allowing them to make Kakuzu immune, similar to Killer Bee and the eight tails.

Kakuzu's masks.

Earth mask:

This allowed Kakuzu to use Earth Release: Earth Spear, his deadliest move, solidifying his skin to effectively make him indestructable. Even though this mask was destroyed, Kakuzu was still able to use the Earth Spear technique, though it only hardened his arm.

Fire mask:
    This heart had a fire-affinity, it could use Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work. This mask could also unite with the Wind mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike that was near unstoppable.

Lightning mask:
    This heart had a lightning-affinity, it could use Lightning Release: False Darkness.

Wind mask:
    This heart had a wind-affinity,. It could use Wind Release: Pressure Damage. It could unite with the Fire mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike that was near unstoppable.

Other natures
    Water: Kakuzu used water-based techniques like the Water Encampment Wall technique when Shikamaru threw an explosive tag at him, and also a Water Clone Technique during his fight with Kakashi.

Intelligence
    Kakuzu was shown to be a keen analyst, which was somewhat attributable to his age. He is highly observant, easily noticing that Shikamaru was taking his time to formulate a plan to counter Hidan's technique, after the former caught his partner in his Shadow Imitation Technique. He was able to quickly discern the purpose of Shikamaru's various shadow attacks, and devised ways to counter them almost instantaneously during the battle. An example for that is when Shikamaru trapped him and Hidan in his Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique, Kakuzu detached his right arm, hid it underground and with its help, was able to remove the trench knife, thus successfully breaking free from the technique.

Also, all of his masks can combine their Jutsu together to make orthodox ways of countering them useless.

Who do I think can beat Kakuzu?

Nagato

Itachi (Only really by using his Mangekyo Sharingan)

Rinnegan Tobi

Kisame.

Deidera is sketchy at best, it depends on the power of Kisame's lightning mask.

Notice that out of those I stated, two are ranked below him in my list?
    Because my list wasn't who would win in a fight, more of their Ninjutsu strength and Kakuzu, in having almost all baisic chakra natures makes top three based on this.

Rinnegan Tobi would be ranked third or second as the Rinnegan gives him the potential to almost mimic Nagato.

Again, the top list is based on strength of Jutsu mostly, as Nagato has more destructive methods than Deidera, he ranks higher.

Itachi was never known for his destructive feats.

P.S yes the wikia helped me greatly.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't owe you shit *****
    leave me alone..

Re: Kakuzu and Deidera are underrated

Kakuzu is underrated I agree. Kakuzu is #4 without Obito in the rankings.

Nagato/Pain
    Itachi
    Kisame
    Kakuzu
    Deidara/Sasori
    Sasori/Deidara
    Konan
    Zetsu
    Hidan

GwemBaba

Quote Originally Posted by DrProof View Post
    Kakuzu is underrated I agree. Kakuzu is #4 without Obito in the rankings.

Nagato/Pain
    Itachi
    Kisame
    Kakuzu
    Deidara/Sasori
    Sasori/Deidara
    Konan
    Zetsu
    Hidan
    Thanks, but surely you must agree that C3 and C4 effectively rival Nagato's Chikabauku tensei and full power Shinra Tensei?

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't owe you shit *****
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by GwemBaba View Post
    Thanks, but surely you must agreed that C3 and C4 effectively rival Nagato's Chikabauku tensei and full power Shinra Tensei?
    Chibaku Tensei = C0
    Shinra Tensei = C4

If this is power wise.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree kakuzu and deidera are underrated. If your not nagato,obito, itachi you get no respect when it comes to akatsuki.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wicked is good

If you are referring only in sheer power then yes, both of them are underrated.If you take and other facts into account, I have many objections regarding your list on the first thread.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yes i agree
    kakazu's iron skin is great defense as no release affect him unless the light and may rasin shurukin
    all didra's explosions can't affect kakazu's iron skin unless c4 and konan as didra
    kakazu's iron skin ca defend against shinra tensi and juko boy

Last edited by kakashi ms; 02-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kakuzu no deidara yes. just my opinion though

GwemBaba

Quote Originally Posted by Noobastank View Post
    Kakuzu no deidara yes. just my opinion though
    Absolutely

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    May the dark shine your way

Kakuzu's masks.

Earth mask:

This allowed Kakuzu to use Earth Release: Earth Spear, his deadliest move, solidifying his skin to effectively make him indestructable. Even though this mask was destroyed, Kakuzu was still able to use the Earth Spear technique, though it only hardened his arm.

Fire mask:
    This heart had a fire-affinity, it could use Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work. This mask could also unite with the Wind mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike that was near unstoppable.

Lightning mask:
    This heart had a lightning-affinity, it could use Lightning Release: False Darkness.

Wind mask:
    This heart had a wind-affinity,. It could use Wind Release: Pressure Damage. It could unite with the Fire mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike that was near unstoppable.

Other natures
    Water: Kakuzu used water-based techniques like the Water Encampment Wall technique when Shikamaru threw an explosive tag at him, and also a Water Clone Technique during his fight with Kakashi.
    I agree with you in that Kakuzu is vastly underrated

though there are different theories regarding his masks
    that his 4th mask, which was destroyed by Kakashi had Suiton, and Doton is Kakuzu´s own elemental affinity, backed up by the fact that he uses Earth Spear after the 4th mask was destroyed

GwemBaba

Quote Originally Posted by Cocytus View Post
    I agree with you in that Kakuzu is vastly underrated

though there are different theories regarding his masks
    that his 4th mask, which was destroyed by Kakashi had Suiton, and Doton is Kakuzu´s own elemental affinity, backed up by the fact that he uses Earth Spear after the 4th mask was destroyed
    Fair point, but he can only use it in his hand, otherwise rasenshuriken wouldn't have done ****!

Snow Pirate of E.D.N III Kumomi's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently Watching: Mekakucity
    Actors, Broken Blade (2014),
    No Game No Life

Yep, great thread...Idk, Sasori is kind of underrated too, imo, but I don't care to explain at the moment...too tired =_= Plus rep, that Deidara thread was a real eye-opener...I'd never thought of him as one of the better ones, but he definitely is I suppose.

GwemBaba

Quote Originally Posted by Kumomi View Post
    Yep, great thread...Idk, Sasori is kind of underrated too, imo, but I don't care to explain at the moment...too tired =_= Plus rep, that Deidara thread was a real eye-opener...I'd never thought of him as one of the better ones, but he definitely is I suppose.
    It's good to make a thread that can actually change someone's opinion.

Thanks for the rep

the spam on your wall was accidental.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kakazu sasori and dieara all severley underrated despite showing tremendous powe.

the only reason people underate sasori is due to his battle mates against sakura and chiyo.
    ridicolous considering he let them win.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fair point, but he can only use it in his hand, otherwise rasenshuriken wouldn't have done ****!
    kakazu can use iron skin in his hand without hand seals but all body need hand seals ,he did it when chuji attacked him

GwemBaba

Quote Originally Posted by Kumomi View Post
    Sasori is crazily underrated

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sasori is NOT underrated at all, at the very least he's normally rated. Deidara is the one super-underrated character by power AND development (with no backstory) and he's the one to have been insanely trolled all the time. Kakuzu is underrated too.