Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    on probation Plastic Forks's Avatar
    Status
    Plastic Forks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    political corruption

    How can political corruption be stopped?

    In the States political corruption is very real and happens daily. Are representatives and media gain trust by tell us what we want to hear and we think we are choosing them for the better reasons. Of course not everyone we choose are deception artists, but when problems need to be resolved, it's usually the majority that wins. So it may seem we just need less corrupt senators. Easier said than done.

    the corruption
    The USA doesn't have food shortage yet they're people in America staving. There is more than enough hospitals in America and yet everyone can't have medical. There must be an invisible sign somewhere that says you cannot.

    I'm curious, can you really blame democracy?
     
         

  2. #2
    Alucard's Avatar
    Status
    Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Forks View Post
    How can political corruption be stopped
    It cant be stopped O.o
    Political Corruption is everywhere, in every country =/.

    But the bad thing, for example, is like in Africa. Such a rich country, and most of people only have one meal per day, when they have one. And some people benefits from it. They borrow money to the poor people with high interests, people cant pay, so they need more money, so they ask for more money and they need to pay more interests. Rich people became richer and poor people became poorer.
     
         
    Last edited by Alucard; 09-25-2009 at 11:08 PM.

  3. #3
    on probation Plastic Forks's Avatar
    Status
    Plastic Forks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    It cant be stopped O.o
    Before I started this I put that thought to the Test.

    It's impossible, it's beyond anyone's reach. Well, in Athens some 2500 years ago and thanks to (City Hall 1996), there was a palace that was a city that was able to have subjects like senators, beholden to each other, to make a better place to live. Is that too much to ask now? I doubt it, but if it is, then we are nothing but sheep being herded to the final slaughterhouse.
     
         

  4. #4
    Alucard's Avatar
    Status
    Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Forks View Post
    then we are nothing but sheep being herded to the final slaughterhouse.
    I think it has been always like that O___O.

    But corruption, is a normal thing, just like wars and etc. As long as people have their own interests, there will be always ambission, corruption, wars, conflicts, murders, racism, etc.

    Those things cant and will never be controled. Unless some kind of Utopia exists xD. Those are normal things we and our society have to face every day. Its how we humans work. There will never be only 'good' persons. And as long as 'bad' persons exist those kind of things will always happen. Thats something all ppl want, a peaceful world, without conflicts, but unfortunatly, thats asking the impossible.

    As long as people exist, there will always happen those kind of things. As long as the animals of a society think for themselves and try to survive and to be the better, there will always happen those kind of things. Afterall, they're normal xD.
     
         

  5. #5
    Babe. Reel it in. ★ Rei ★'s Avatar
    Status
    ★ Rei ★ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Snowland
    Posts
    12,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest
     



    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Forks View Post
    Before I started this I put that thought to the Test.

    It's impossible, it's beyond anyone's reach. Well, in Athens some 2500 years ago and thanks to (City Hall 1996), there was a palace that was a city that was able to have subjects like senators, beholden to each other, to make a better place to live. Is that too much to ask now? I doubt it, but if it is, then we are nothing but sheep being herded to the final slaughterhouse.
    That is a common misconception. Actually Athenians used to brag for the so called "democracy" they "invented", when in fact they were constanly trying to establish an oligarchic state and their so called "democracy" excluded women and poor people, not to mention they had slaves. It was of course an amazing state of civilization for that time, but I really really don't want a democracy like that now. I am telling you this as a Greek historian btw

    To get on topic though, as long as people are divided into classes and get classified on terms as "rich", "poor", "educated", "non educated" etc, the politicians of every country and in every continent will continue to work for those who are "rich" and "high class".
     
         

  6. #6
    Phantasmagoric Vision Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Status
    Bodhisattva is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Forks View Post
    How can political corruption be stopped?

    In the States political corruption is very real and happens daily. Are representatives and media gain trust by tell us what we want to hear and we think we are choosing them for the better reasons. Of course not everyone we choose are deception artists, but when problems need to be resolved, it's usually the majority that wins. So it may seem we just need less corrupt senators. Easier said than done.

    the corruption
    The USA doesn't have food shortage yet they're people in America staving. There is more than enough hospitals in America and yet everyone can't have medical. There must be an invisible sign somewhere that says you cannot.

    I'm curious, can you really blame democracy?

    No. Capitalism is the enemy of democracy.


    Check out this Wall Street Journal article:

    Michael Moore Interview: The Wealthy “Want All Our Money” - Deal Journal - WSJ
     
         

  7. #7
    Nos Venerabilem KeotsuEclipse's Avatar
    Status
    KeotsuEclipse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: political corruption

    The only way to REALLY end political corruption is to get people like you and me-the teenagers and young adults who don't know all the "avoiding the question answers" and who actually live in the problems we are trying to avoid- because our generation is one of the best ones there has been. Now, we are not perfect-everything and everyone has its flaws- but we are much more excepting of things. Take "going green" for one (I will not touch terrorism). Most people say that the reason people don't go green, is because it costs to much money. I can probably vouch for most of the people in my age group, that they would say that if they could, they would use alternative sources of energy.

    Honestly, I think things will get better once it is us who are leading the nations, and not the adults who think they know what's best for us; they know what the WANT and what's best for THEM, so they act accordingly. They remain corrupt with only their interests in mind.

    Yeah, I know that's sorta on topic and sorta off topic, and I apologize for that.
     
         

  8. #8
    Phantasmagoric Vision Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Status
    Bodhisattva is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    Honestly, I think things will get better once it is us who are leading the nations, and not the adults who think they know what's best for us; they know what the WANT and what's best for THEM, so they act accordingly. They remain corrupt with only their interests in mind.
    For the most part, I agree. But it's not all "adults" who are the problem.

    The problem is those with money trying to keep their money. In "going green" the cost is too high for those heavily invested in the production of fossil fuels, for example. So, they put off adoption of and investment in new technologies that would be healthier alternatives. Ex: Electric cars.
     
         

  9. #9
    What? Kazamori's Avatar
    Status
    Kazamori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Isolated Room
    Posts
    9,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: political corruption

    It's always like that, here politics are stealing money for they own good. They buy houses for their families...cars. They are idiots,they don't care about otrer people ,just them and their friends. If a normal guy comes to the goverment,others kick him away =\ Just like it happened to one of our presidents and one of tree goverment heads ( kicked week ago ). Many people say "If I had a gun ,I would go shoot them" And we must call that crap democracy... With their stealing and decisions for their own good we are in a deep crisis,deepest in Europe,lol . Corruption is the reason young people leave my country. To say truth I don't want to live here either...
    I don't think corruption can be stopped,but it can be made less...
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    The only way to REALLY end political corruption is to get people like you and me-the teenagers and young adults who don't know all the "avoiding the question answers" and who actually live in the problems we are trying to avoid- because our generation is one of the best ones there has been. Now, we are not perfect-everything and everyone has its flaws- but we are much more excepting of things. Take "going green" for one (I will not touch terrorism). Most people say that the reason people don't go green, is because it costs to much money. I can probably vouch for most of the people in my age group, that they would say that if they could, they would use alternative sources of energy.

    Honestly, I think things will get better once it is us who are leading the nations, and not the adults who think they know what's best for us; they know what the WANT and what's best for THEM, so they act accordingly. They remain corrupt with only their interests in mind.

    Yeah, I know that's sorta on topic and sorta off topic, and I apologize for that.

    Our generation, better known as generation "Y" is known for its' disrespect, and selfishness.

    You will eventually become an adult so basically you won't be able to blame anybody but yourself. That's how people are, I don't know where have you got that idea about our generation being the best from, but I strongly disagree with you.





    Corruption in Russia, for instance, is at an unacceptable level and it applies to both low and high members of political/social hierarchy.

    The more wealthy country is, the less corruption it has, or basically corruption stays at the very high level of governmental system, where the size of cashflows is very big.

    There is no reason for doctors or let's say policemen to demand bribes in Western Europe, because their salaries are much higher than the amount of money they receive from that bribe. Moreover, they'll put themselves in danger.

    In contrast to Western world, Eastern Europe has much lower level of salaries, nevertheless, regulations ( not directions ) of EU require some penalty charges to be at the same level in every supranational state.

    In the end, people with different level of income have to pay the same amount of money.

    Of Course road traffic officer in western europe won't accept a 50 EUR gease ( 50% of a real fare), because his salarie is basically 3000+ EUR.


    For an eastern policeman, refusal is a much more difficult decision. He gets 500 EUR per month.



    But of crouse this doesn't apply to people who have money and power.
     
         

  11. #11
    Rogue ninja Renegade87's Avatar
    Status
    Renegade87 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin
     



    Re: political corruption

    first of democrocy is a scam.
    the litteral translation means "the people choose"
    which is not true given the fact we only get to choose once every for years on whoever gets to make the decisions, not actualy making any decisions ourselfs.
    as for corruption, this will never die, people are greedy and will continue to want more no matter how much they have already, this is both a plus and down side to human behavior, cuz it makes us strive to become better, which leads to progress, but at the same time it will cloud our judgement and make us do stupid things.
    the best you can do is try to make a good living for yourself and the people around you and hope shit dont hits the fan untill after your gone.
     
         

  12. #12
    Phantasmagoric Vision Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Status
    Bodhisattva is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade87 View Post
    the best you can do is try to make a good living for yourself and the people around you and hope shit dont hits the fan untill after your gone.
    Well said. But keep in mind that democracy in its true form isn't a scam. The form of "democracy" that we are told we have does not match reality.

    Leaders want us to believe we have choices, but really we don't have that much of a say in our government.

    On the other hand.... If we had democracy in it's true form, nothing would ever get done and we would be arguing endlessly over which direction to take the country.

    That's not to say that corruption is inevitable. Don't get me wrong. Corruption is sparked by capitalism, which essentially states that the drive for money drives innovation and progress.

    That's why I said earlier that capitalism is the enemy of democracy. But for any progress to be made, some degree of capitalism is necessary.

    It's about 'survival of the fittest'. But we need to draw the line around our moral boundaries of what is acceptable to do in working toward one's goal to increase one's wealth.
     
         

  13. #13
    on probation Plastic Forks's Avatar
    Status
    Plastic Forks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by ♦ Rei-chan ♦ View Post
    That is a common misconception. Actually Athenians used to brag for the so called "democracy" they "invented", when in fact they were constanly trying to establish an oligarchic state and their so called "democracy" excluded women and poor people, not to mention they had slaves. It was of course an amazing state of civilization for that time, but I really really don't want a democracy like that now. I am telling you this as a Greek historian btw
    The Athenian "democracy" was such a paradox about discrimination. Was democracy really based on slavery, and that democracy compromised the status of those who did not share it. Nevertheless, it was amazing, and the only good example I can think of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Capitalism is the enemy of democracy.
    Democracy has many enemies.
     
         

  14. #14
    do you need your neck? squiremarcus's Avatar
    Status
    squiremarcus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    who wants to know?
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade87 View Post
    first of democrocy is a scam.
    the litteral translation means "the people choose"
    which is not true given the fact we only get to choose once every for years on whoever gets to make the decisions, not actualy making any decisions ourselfs.
    as for corruption, this will never die, people are greedy and will continue to want more no matter how much they have already, this is both a plus and down side to human behavior, cuz it makes us strive to become better, which leads to progress, but at the same time it will cloud our judgement and make us do stupid things.
    the best you can do is try to make a good living for yourself and the people around you and hope shit dont hits the fan untill after your gone.
    that would be a direct democracy. the united states isn't a democracy, it is a representative democracy or as it is better known, a republic. And quite honestly I think it is better to have others make importaint descisions even if they are filled with corruption ecause a large majority of people are nothing but stupid and only people who really care about an issue would vote for it and therefore nothing at all would get done.
     
         

  15. #15
    RokuNR's Avatar
    Status
    RokuNR is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In your brain >:D
    Posts
    19,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil
     



    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    It cant be stopped O.o
    Political Corruption is everywhere, in every country =/.

    But the bad thing, for example, is like in Africa. Such a rich country, and most of people only have one meal per day, when they have one. And some people benefits from it. They borrow money to the poor people with high interests, people cant pay, so they need more money, so they ask for more money and they need to pay more interests. Rich people became richer and poor people became poorer.
    *cough* Continent >_>
    lol

    But you are right. In Africa, political corruption is a huge issue. In fact, pretty much all African leaders are corrupt and the continent itself contains the world's most corrupt nations' governments (DRC, Tanzania, ect.)
     
         

  16. #16
    Alucard's Avatar
    Status
    Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    *cough* Continent >_>
    lol

    But you are right. In Africa, political corruption is a huge issue. In fact, pretty much all African leaders are corrupt and the continent itself contains the world's most corrupt nations' governments (DRC, Tanzania, ect.)
    lmao sorry xD.

    Yep, you're right.
    All government is corrupted. If you do something they dont want to they send the army after you. Even if its just a singer, one of those who criticizes (spell) the society and system, they take him down. People are blackmailed, etc, etc.

    On those regions rich>poor. =/
     
         

  17. #17
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    *cough* Continent >_>
    lol

    But you are right. In Africa, political corruption is a huge issue. In fact, pretty much all African leaders are corrupt and the continent itself contains the world's most corrupt nations' governments (DRC, Tanzania, ect.)

    Corruption is not the only issue there, I guess. Local people just ruin everything, that's a fact, and they are still too undeveloped to sucessfully run a country.

    Let's take SA as an example. Local government was gives a well-functioning county with nuclear weapons, energy sources, production, plants, factories etc. Eventhough they were a little bit supervised, they managed to ruin the country in less than 20 years But hey, that's logical, it's what you get when you appoint someone who was cultivating bananas and pineapples to run a country ;/


    Basically you're right - Africa is a sh1thole when it comes to almost anything: level of life, level of income, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, economy.. anything.

    But in my opinion it's because of incompetence of the state leaders. =[
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 09-28-2009 at 08:34 AM.

  18. #18
    Banned Mighty Curtain Messiah's Avatar
    Status
    Mighty Curtain Messiah is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: political corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by zumorikato View Post
    Amen to that. If you live in South(Sh!thole) Africa youll know that what he says is true. The sad thing is they know whats the problem, they know what needs to be done to rectify it. And they wont do it, because they are to ashamed to admit they are/made a mistake. Why because then , if they dont know how to win an argument they would play the racial card. Thats their only excuse to everything, thats their only answer to anything, if they have a problem they blame it on "apartheid", half of the undomesticated baboons that runs the place here dont even know what it means, was not affected by it, yet they are the ones thats constantly using that as an excuse to murder, steal, o which by the way is called "repossessing" here is SA, to justify their actions.

    And when the get caught, they only say I was "previously dis-advanced", and they get released on bail or getts a 2 year jail sentence for murder, but a 5 year jail sentence for corruption. Pathetic aint it

    Just as a stupid example. Take the Caster Semenya, saga. A pathetic political joke! And the people over here, thinks that the rest of the world is as stupid as they are. Take the minister of Athletics. Caster was ordered by him to be tested for any "possible causes"(better used as a drug test, and sex tests, but due to our nature we are not allowed to discriminate, pfft, what a joke) that could lead to South Africa being placed in a bad light, but because its a Doctor from another color, he said and Ill qoute him "What do you know?" and proceeded to enter her into the competition. Now, when the rest of the world saw that Caster won by a ridiculous fast time, they requested sex test to be done in order to ensure a free and fare win, and yes people guess what our moronic Minister does? Jumps up the "racial band wagon", o and when he saw that didnt go to well with the rest of the world as it does here in SA, he decided to play the "privacy discrimination" tactic, in order to draw more attention to the whole situation only to put SA in even worse light than before. And when the tests results came back and it was found that she had more than 3 times the amount of testosterone in her body and she have an unfair advantage above the rest of her competitors. He started to point the finger back to the people here in SA. Never taking the blame, nor the responsibility of his actions, never admitting that what he did is wrong, and corrupt. By entering an athlete that should not have competed in that category.

    I en ploy everybody never to visit this country. Sad to say, that this sh!t hole is my home, yet Im so depressed by this country. And now youll ask then why dont you just leave it. We cant, we are forced to work under cr@ppy conditions, under cr@ppy policies, that forces us to employ undomesticated, uneducated individuals based on their color and not on their intellect. And then those people dont understand why their economy is going to the ground.

    Another form of discrimination is a person that wanted to emigrated to Canada from here, he placed in an application to receive a "refugee status" in order to immigrate to Canada, after he have been attacked and assaulted 7 times in his home (That looks like a prison with all the barb wire and devil fork fencing). He provided the embassy with police declarations of all those attacks and he was threatened to be murdered the next time they come around to steel from him again. So the Canadian embassy accepted those reasons to be fair. Now that the Canadian embassy have done so and the South Africans found out about it, they immediately launched a complaint against this "accusations" because that shows how incompetent our police force is, and "demanded" that he be sent back. So all you can say is they dont want us here but they dont want us to go either. Only use us to provide money for them in order to purchase the top of the range Merc AMG and M3 BMW to drive in and show off in front of their other corrupt friends. And then you ask yourself, where does all your tax money go to? When you see the people starving in the "locations" and then you see Sipho and gang driving his $800 000 AMG Merc?


    @Spam: Im saddened by your response, you are not able to provide a sense full comment, with actual proof, nor any substance, and your only ability is to insult other people directly. Next time I would suggest that you actually place some examples to your replies, instead of you, how did you say "blab" about things that you dont necessarily have proof about.

    O and btw, I suggest you re think your position, the media is the only thing that protects/protected us from the "higher ups" corruption and provided the world with the corrupt status of our nation, and just to show how corrupt our government is, they started to search for excuses in order to disband the Broad Casting commission in order to gain control over what they are sending out to the world, thus they can still be as corrupt as ever, and nobody will every be ably to point it out to the rest of the world.

    For any complaints about my text. Remember its only wrong if its not true, unfortunalty I am here, and see these things happen on a daily basis. Be thankful for what you got. Theres people thats worst off.

    Wow, thanks for the info, didn't know you're from SA.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •