Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Cichlids.

Now if you know anything about fish or cichlids then keep reading, if you don't then leave because you're useless here.

I have 5 fish in a 20 - 25 gallon tank.
    One is a algae eater, it's small, doesn't get bothered by any other fish.
    One is a cichlid, not sure what kind but is always eating which is good, but has a few issues. ( Shakes rapidly, gets bullied, tail is bitten a tiny bit )
    One is another cichlid that's the biggest and probably calmest fish ever but if another fish gets in it's territory then this big guy will rip it's tale off. Also has a few issues ( Bites the glass like pressing it's lips and fighting the glass, picking on others, not eating food very much )
    One fish is a small one, same kind of fish has the one above ^ though. I think this is a female but yeah, has a two issues. ( Gets bullied, tail is bitten a few times )
    The last fish is a rare black cichlid, HAS MANY PROBLEMS. ( I gave it a pellet once, and it swallowed it and looked like it was choking, it's mouth would open quick every 2 seconds and would shake rapidly and bite the window and smash into it, bullies all fish except for the king, though this one gets picked on by the king too, spits food out )

So yeah, if anyone could fix these issues, great, not then it's fine I mainly want help on the black guy ( lol ) but yeah.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Re: Cichlids.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    Now if you know anything about fish or cichlids then keep reading, if you don't then leave because you're useless here.

I have 5 fish in a 20 - 25 gallon tank.
    One is a algae eater, it's small, doesn't get bothered by any other fish.
    One is a cichlid, not sure what kind but is always eating which is good, but has a few issues. ( Shakes rapidly, gets bullied, tail is bitten a tiny bit )
    One is another cichlid that's the biggest and probably calmest fish ever but if another fish gets in it's territory then this big guy will rip it's tale off. Also has a few issues ( Bites the glass like pressing it's lips and fighting the glass, picking on others, not eating food very much )
    One fish is a small one, same kind of fish has the one above ^ though. I think this is a female but yeah, has a two issues. ( Gets bullied, tail is bitten a few times )
    The last fish is a rare black cichlid, HAS MANY PROBLEMS. ( I gave it a pellet once, and it swallowed it and looked like it was choking, it's mouth would open quick every 2 seconds and would shake rapidly and bite the window and smash into it, bullies all fish except for the king, though this one gets picked on by the king too, spits food out )

So yeah, if anyone could fix these issues, great, not then it's fine I mainly want help on the black guy ( lol ) but yeah.
    Was that really necessary?
    OT: Get a mini-turtle who'll hunt all of 'em down but don't let the turtle succeed. The fish will be scared to death and not trying to be bad-ass anymore towards the other blub-blubs.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Is the biggest Cichlid an Oscar fish? I use to have one in a tank with two other cichlids and an algae eater, and it constantly bullied and beat up the other fish. It must have eaten at least five cleaner fish before I found one big enough. But they still got bullied, and I had to end up keeping him in a separate tank.
    He was the meanest fish ever! ;_;

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valar Morghulis

Sit them down and tell them that violence isn't the answer. ^.^

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

The black guy ( lol ) seems retarded.

I suggest you make the bully sit in time-out(a seperate tank). I see that as the only way to stop bullying, and take the black guy ( lol ) to the vet.

General kakashi kakashi owns all's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

add in a larger fish it trows off the current balance and makes a new one that may have less bullying or seperitate the current king from the rest

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Was that really necessary?
    OT: Get a mini-turtle who'll hunt all of 'em down but don't let the turtle succeed. The fish will be scared to death and not trying to be bad-ass anymore towards the other blub-blubs.
    Yeah it was, you're one of them useless people. I simply said that because it was necessary because YOU'RE USELESS if you have no knowledge, common sense.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    Yeah it was, you're one of them useless people. I simply said that because it was necessary because YOU'RE USELESS if you have no knowledge, common sense.
    Aw, someone didn't get enough love and appreciation from daddy
    have fun with your fish though