Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    So I made a thread about how to counter it and some people started to tell me how Obito's Kamui is automatic.. Their evidence : when his hands went ''through'' Rin. To that I say :
    1- His powers had only recently matured
    2- He was in an emotional stormsh*t
    That's why he couldn't properly control it.

    But I said it wasn't automatic, my evidence :
    1- Amaterasu to the face.
    If it was truly automatic, that would have never happened.

    P.S : how the hell did he survived that UNSCRATCHED ??
     
         

  2. #2
    I shall be number 1. HaterFtw's Avatar
    Status
    HaterFtw is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    in ear
    Posts
    2,299
    Post Thanks / Like
    me and my older bro share this
    acc
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    izanagi
     
         

  3. #3
    Banned
    Status
    Οdin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    地獄
    Posts
    63,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...
     



    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    I wonder who thinks Kamui is automatic. ( -_-)
     
         

  4. #4
    Member Jinchuriki Brawler's Avatar
    Status
    Jinchuriki Brawler is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    San Pedro
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 life at a time
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    dang.. Could tobito have just been izanagi this whole time saving his ms?
     
         

  5. #5
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by HaterFtw View Post
    izanagi
    That was my first thought. But he said he kept secrets from itachi and that's why he was still alive. Itachi was aware of Izanamgi. Hm wait, izanagi = uchiha + senju. Maybe by secrets he meant his zetsu part. Makes sense now. Anyway I just wanted to clarify how Kamui works
     
         

  6. #6
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by -Odin- View Post
    I wonder who thinks Kamui is automatic. ( -_-)
    Some people do. I'd link you my thread to see by yourselves but I'm on my phone now. Check in my threads if you want
     
         

  7. #7
    The heart htmwall's Avatar
    Status
    htmwall is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Yorozuya.
    Posts
    3,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy… To
    conquer, but not humiliate…
    That is what true conquest is!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    tell those people if it's automatic then how minato stomped him
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    I agree but your evidence is wrong.

    His MS wasn't activated when he got hit with Amaterasu, so that doesn't help you prove it isn't automatic.

    And he survived that Amaterasu using Kamui to slip right through it, not Amaterasu.
     
         

  9. #9
    Khallil's Avatar
    Status
    Khallil is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kyoto, during the revolution
    Posts
    14,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must.. Be..... SARAISTHEBEST!
     



    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    You're right, Obito's kamui isn't automatic, he just uses it really fast, or else Minato couldn't hit him with the rasengan :D
     
         

  10. #10
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    I agree but your evidence is wrong.
    Thnx for agreeing

    1- Amaterasu activated automatically when it saw obito's sharingan ''because it was automatic''. Why wouldn't Obito's automatic kamui not activate too? His sharingan was on and MS is an upgraded sharingan, it could still be activated automatically in that form

    2- You can't get rid of amaterasu like that. Even if you could, he should have sustained visible damage where the fire first hit. And there was none whatsoever
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by khallil123 View Post
    You're right, Obito's kamui isn't automatic, he just uses it really fast, or else Minato couldn't hit him with the rasengan :D
    That can't be used as proof either as when he attacks he can't be intangible at the same time, so regardless of if it was auto or not...it still wouldn't have saved him from Minato.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    Thnx for agreeing

    1- Amaterasu activated automatically when it saw obito's sharingan ''because it was automatic''. Why wouldn't Obito's automatic kamui not activate too? His sharingan was on and MS is an upgraded sharingan, it could still be activated automatically in that form

    2- You can't get rid of amaterasu like that. Even if you could, he should have sustained visible damage where the fire first hit. And there was none whatsoever
    1. Amaterasu was set to hit him on sight of Obitos Sharingan, Obito cant use Kamui unless he has MS active nor is his MS set to auto activate w/o his MS w/o his input.

    2. Actually, the Databook implies that he phased right through it.
    Tobi-Databook 3 Info: http://www.*****************/showpost...&postcount=240

    They say "His ability lets attacks fail to connect without exception, keeps his body unscathed after Itachi's Amaterasu, and apparently transcends space so he can vanish into thin air."

    It couldn't have been Izanagi as he needs to use the jutsu before hand to escape any damage done to him.
     
         

  13. #13
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by htmwall View Post
    tell those people if it's automatic then how minato stomped him
    Quote Originally Posted by khallil123 View Post
    You're right, Obito's kamui isn't automatic, he just uses it really fast, or else Minato couldn't hit him with the rasengan :D
    It's because Minato timed his attack for when Tobi tried to land his own. He has to turn off that ability to grab Minato. "He only solidifies when he attacks. In other words, I'll just have to try attacking when he attacks me."
     
         

  14. #14
    Senpai1507's Avatar
    Status
    Senpai1507 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    no way kamui is automatic :/
     
         

  15. #15
    RUDRA SAGE Paintry4's Avatar
    Status
    Paintry4 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    catmandu
    Posts
    2,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch before you speak or i
    shall watch you after with my
    SWORD.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Kamui is manual coz it's manually controlled by the user obito hahaha.
     
         

  16. #16
    The heart htmwall's Avatar
    Status
    htmwall is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Yorozuya.
    Posts
    3,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy… To
    conquer, but not humiliate…
    That is what true conquest is!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    It's because Minato timed his attack for when Tobi tried to land his own. He has to turn off that ability to grab Minato. "He only solidifies when he attacks. In other words, I'll just have to try attacking when he attacks me."
    what about the second time he hit him?
     
         

  17. #17
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    @kidgamer65
    1-That was my point, it's not automatic. If it were, it would have activated by itself.

    2- I got your point but it couldn't have been Kamui. That's why I put an emphasis on UNSCATHED. He was hit by it, we all saw it. He even groaned in pain I think. Even if he somehow got rid of it through Kamui ( which I don't believe he did because Kamui can't do this ) where is the damage that we should have seen on his clothes ? How do you explain that. That's why I've come to believe he used Izanagi.
     
         

  18. #18
    Member BlackBison's Avatar
    Status
    BlackBison is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In a place you don't know
    Posts
    531
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    obito kamui is not automatic but it is instant, the reason minato attack hit obito was because minato strike the very sec obito turned tangible.
     
         

  19. #19
    ▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    ' ~ Dantee ~ ' is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    29,580
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of this and I'm still the
    mane.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    I've been saying this. The only reason Tobi survived Amaterasu was because of Izanagi. Kamui can't even slip through Amaterasu once it's connected. If Tobi is sending his body parts to another dimension, Amaterasu will simply connect with his body parts with him into another dimension.

    Tobi did not use Kamui~
     
         

  20. #20
    Want some eye-scream? Edge's Avatar
    Status
    Edge is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada, Motha *****
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    But I said it wasn't automatic, my evidence :
    1- Amaterasu to the face.
    If it was truly automatic, that would have never happened.

    P.S : how the hell did he survived that UNSCRATCHED ??
    Either his MS wasn't activated, or he used Izanagi.
     
         

  21. #21
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by htmwall View Post
    what about the second time he hit him?
    Last page of chapter 502, Minato planted a hiraishin marking on the spot his rasengan palm landed, so he could hit him again in chapter 503. Hiraishin no jutsu is the technique Tobi cited when he was surprised by the second hit.

    So, you're right that's proof it's not automatic, because Minato was able to surprise Tobi when Tobi was resting the ability and not anticipating he would attack. If it was automatic then reaction time would be irrelevant, and this attack was possible because it relied on his speed beating Tobi's time to react.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 12-09-2012 at 06:23 PM.

  22. #22
    Death by Hugs! Cowthulhu45's Avatar
    Status
    Cowthulhu45 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waiting for you to lower your guard.
    Posts
    5,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you lower your guard, i
    will hug you to death
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    I say he sucked up the ameterasu. The trick to beat him is finding the place in kamuiland that's all ameterasu and forcing him to go full suck up mode, and he falls screaming to his extremely hot death.
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    @kidgamer65
    1-That was my point, it's not automatic. If it were, it would have activated by itself.

    2- I got your point but it couldn't have been Kamui. That's why I put an emphasis on UNSCATHED. He was hit by it, we all saw it. He even groaned in pain I think. Even if he somehow got rid of it through Kamui ( which I don't believe he did because Kamui can't do this ) where is the damage that we should have seen on his clothes ? How do you explain that. That's why I've come to believe he used Izanagi.
    The databook strongly implies that he used Kamui, not Izanagi, using Izanagi was impossible.

    As Danzo has shown, you have to activate the jutsu first and whatever damage you take while the jutsu is active is reversed.

    Obito didn't have Izanagi active when he approached Sasuke so he couldn't have used it escape the black flames.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Status
    Draxus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    So I made a thread about how to counter it and some people started to tell me how Obito's Kamui is automatic.. Their evidence : when his hands went ''through'' Rin. To that I say :
    1- His powers had only recently matured
    2- He was in an emotional stormsh*t
    That's why he couldn't properly control it.

    But I said it wasn't automatic, my evidence :
    1- Amaterasu to the face.
    If it was truly automatic, that would have never happened.

    P.S : how the hell did he survived that UNSCRATCHED ??
    I think it's automatic but he has to actually force him self NOT to use it.


    That's why he was hit by that amaterasu was able to hit him, he didn't get a chance to turn off the mental block.
     
         

  25. #25
    The heart htmwall's Avatar
    Status
    htmwall is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Yorozuya.
    Posts
    3,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy… To
    conquer, but not humiliate…
    That is what true conquest is!
     

    Re: Obito's Kamui is not automatic [Manga facts says so]

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxus View Post
    I think it's automatic but he has to actually force him self NOT to use it.


    That's why he was hit by that amaterasu was able to hit him, he didn't get a chance to turn off the mental block.
    what is your explication on how he was stabbed by minato?
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •