Page 5 of 9 « First 123456789 Last»
Results 101 to 125 of 217
  1. #101
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Zayon Uchiha View Post
    Orochimaru is the strongest Sannin....
    You say this with no facts or supporting argument.
     
         

  2. #102
    Senior Member Traffy's Avatar
    Status
    Traffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    1,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itssupereffective
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    You say this with no facts or supporting argument.
    Tell me how J-man can beat Oro with edo tensei? Edo tensei alone makes this battle an obvious win for Oro. And to the people who think J-man is stronger than Pain, Pain never said thay J-man would win he said "could" and he only said that out of respect to his now dead sensei.
     
         

  3. #103
    Member 9th Raikage's Avatar
    Status
    9th Raikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Cloud
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    hanzo and white fang beat all 3 so who cares
    Jiriya didnt even have sage mode then. None of them had reached their max power then. They were still young
     
         

  4. #104
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective View Post
    Tell me how J-man can beat Oro with edo tensei? Edo tensei alone makes this battle an obvious win for Oro. And to the people who think J-man is stronger than Pain, Pain never said thay J-man would win he said "could" and he only said that out of respect to his now dead sensei.
    1st off you are only speculating Pain's thoughts and intentions. Pain said "If it wasn't for our secret, we COULD NOT have won" in the anime and "If it wasn't for our secret, we might not have won" in the manga. There isn't much of a difference in the statement. He still said that. 2nd what of Oro have you seen that could really counter what you've seen of Jiraiya? Itachi schooled Orochimaru in the blink of an eye. Itachi didn't even want to step to J-man even with Kisame on his side. Orochimaru is a decaying mummy and his only real saving grace is his white snake rebirth ability. Jiraiya HAS the stamina to battle him. And his Edo? Hiruzen at 69 yrs old was able to battle a healthy Oro AND his Edo 1st and 2nd Hokage. He was also able to defeat the Edo and seal Oro's arms.

    *Yeah because Oro with Edo's was an obvious win against Hirzuen. How'd that work out for Orochimaru?
     
         

  5. #105
    Member 9th Raikage's Avatar
    Status
    9th Raikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Cloud
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    I don't give a **** what Pain said, he clearly was overrating Jiraiya.
    Jiraiya has no counter for CT.

    Do you also believe Jiraiya > Itachi and Kisame?
    If Itachi and Kisame both say they could not take him I'm sure they know their abilities better than you so YEAH

    Jiriyah> Kisame & Itachi
     
         

  6. #106
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th Raikage View Post
    If Itachi and Kisame both say they could not take him I'm sure they know their abilities better than you so YEAH

    Jiriyah> Kisame & Itachi
    This^ And don't say "Well Itachi was just saying that so he wouldn't battle J-man" because the only one who knows what Itachi was thinking when he said that is Kishi.
     
         

  7. #107
    Member 9th Raikage's Avatar
    Status
    9th Raikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Cloud
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective View Post
    Tell me how J-man can beat Oro with edo tensei? Edo tensei alone makes this battle an obvious win for Oro. And to the people who think J-man is stronger than Pain, Pain never said thay J-man would win he said "could" and he only said that out of respect to his now dead sensei.
    If the 3rd Hokage can beat Oro and his Edos then Jiriya would brutalize him and Jiriya knows Oro better than any one. They were teammates and he has been watching and following him for years without Oro, Kabuto, or the Akatsuki detecting or noticing him. Now you tell me who could pull that off? Only Jiriya. What chances does Oro have when Jiriya pulls him into that the toad stomach? It took amaterasu to get out. What does Oro have?

    What will Oro do to escape the Toad Gourd Prison and avoid being digested?

    Jiraiya> Oro
     
         

  8. #108
    Ino>Sakura Amaterasuice's Avatar
    Status
    Amaterasuice is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Otogakure
    Posts
    3,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no ****s
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    the sannin are said to be in a deadlock. meaning that there is no stronger nor no weaker among them
    But we all know that's not true, as Tsunade is the weakest, Orochimaru has edos and 8 branches, and jiraiya has sm.
     
         

  9. #109
    True Shinobi Heroes New knight48's Avatar
    Status
    New knight48 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Some place very hot and humid
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favorite Characters: Itachi
    Uchiha, Might Guy, Jiraiya,
    Minato, Young Obito, and
    Hashirama
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    dude jiraiya is one of my favorite characters and i do recoginize him as the strongest of the sannin but im sorry to tell you but i dont even know if he makes top 10... he was one very powerful shinobi but there are alot of people stronger than him... Hashirama,Madara, Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato, Itachi,Minato, Third Raikage, Fourth Raikage, Killer bee
     
         

  10. #110
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by New knight48 View Post
    dude jiraiya is one of my favorite characters and i do recoginize him as the strongest of the sannin but im sorry to tell you but i dont even know if he makes top 10... he was one very powerful shinobi but there are alot of people stronger than him... Hashirama,Madara, Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato, Itachi,Minato, Third Raikage, Fourth Raikage, Killer bee
    How can you say Itachi is stronger? Itachi himself said different. Sasuke? Come on man. 3rd Raikage? We havent really seen much of his combat to say otherwise. 4th maybe
     
         

  11. #111
    Banned
    Status
    Omnipotent is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the battlefield
    Posts
    5,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    How can you say Itachi is stronger? Itachi himself said different. Sasuke? Come on man. 3rd Raikage? We havent really seen much of his combat to say otherwise. 4th maybe
    I can agree with most of what you're saying. However, the Sandaime Raikage would cut Jiraiya up mid-diff. The Yondaime Raikage would lose to Jiraiya, badly.

    Jiraiya is clearly the most powerful Sannin; however with Orochimaru using Edo Tensei (Part 2 power-scaling) Edo Tobirama solos.

    However, do you really think Orochimaru would use Edo Tensei just to fight Jiraiya? No.
     
         

  12. #112
    True Shinobi Heroes New knight48's Avatar
    Status
    New knight48 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Some place very hot and humid
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favorite Characters: Itachi
    Uchiha, Might Guy, Jiraiya,
    Minato, Young Obito, and
    Hashirama
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    How can you say Itachi is stronger? Itachi himself said different. Sasuke? Come on man. 3rd Raikage? We havent really seen much of his combat to say otherwise. 4th maybe

    dude im pretty sure the ONLY reason itachi told Kisame that if itachi fought jiraiya it would end in a stalemate was simply because he did not want to kill a legendary sannin, remember itachi loved the leaf villiage and always seeked to not fight. And even if he did believe that it would end in a stalemate, itachi is always overestimating his opponents and never gets caught off guard... Amaterasu,Tsukuyomi, and Totsuka blade all individually can kill jiraiya in a few seconds if itachi really wanted too... dude and we've seen enough of the third raikage for me to determine if he is stronger than jiraiya, unless jiraiya does the same thing naruto did by making the third raikage hit himself , thats the only way i see him winning. Also sasuke has pretty much surpassed itachi and if itachi is stronger than jiraiya its just simple common sense.
     
         

  13. #113
    Member nNoma's Avatar
    Status
    nNoma is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    618
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by New knight48 View Post
    dude jiraiya is one of my favorite characters and i do recoginize him as the strongest of the sannin but im sorry to tell you but i dont even know if he makes top 10... he was one very powerful shinobi but there are alot of people stronger than him... Hashirama,Madara, Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato, Itachi,Minato, Third Raikage, Fourth Raikage, Killer bee
    Itachi? Third/Fourth Raikage? I don't see any of these three actually beating Jiraiya.
     
         

  14. #114
    終 充琉寿 Owarij's Avatar
    Status
    Owarij is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Valyria
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    I can agree with most of what you're saying. However, the Sandaime Raikage would cut Jiraiya up mid-diff. The Yondaime Raikage would lose to Jiraiya, badly.

    Jiraiya is clearly the most powerful Sannin; however with Orochimaru using Edo Tensei (Part 2 power-scaling) Edo Tobirama solos.

    However, do you really think Orochimaru would use Edo Tensei just to fight Jiraiya? No.
    Jiraya is clearly the most powerful sannin? nope, to you he is..

    And huh? 4th raikage solos jiraya in seconds..
    you do realize he would have koed Minato at the beginning of the fight if minato had no s/t right?

    Tell me now how jiraya magically escapes his v2 attacks
     
         

  15. #115
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    So, Pain, knowing all his abilities and the extent of his own powers said that another shinobi would've beaten him if he knew his secret isn't enough proof for you? The same goes for Itachi and Kisame. Why else would they say it? Just for shits and giggles. No, they collectively did not overrate him. They knew if he had battled them respectively (w/ knowledge of Pain's tech) he would either be deadlocked or victorious. Itachi said that even if they had reinforcements, they could only be in a stalemate with Jiraiya.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th Raikage View Post
    If Itachi and Kisame both say they could not take him I'm sure they know their abilities better than you so YEAH

    Jiriyah> Kisame & Itachi
    Wohoho. Jiraiya must be the number one ninja in Naruto!!1!

    Jiraiya > Edo Madara

    Jiraiya > Hashirama

    Jiraiya > Every got damn body.
     
         

  16. #116
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by New knight48 View Post
    dude im pretty sure the ONLY reason itachi told Kisame that if itachi fought jiraiya it would end in a stalemate was simply because he did not want to kill a legendary sannin, remember itachi loved the leaf villiage and always seeked to not fight. And even if he did believe that it would end in a stalemate, itachi is always overestimating his opponents and never gets caught off guard... Amaterasu,Tsukuyomi, and Totsuka blade all individually can kill jiraiya in a few seconds if itachi really wanted too... dude and we've seen enough of the third raikage for me to determine if he is stronger than jiraiya, unless jiraiya does the same thing naruto did by making the third raikage hit himself , thats the only way i see him winning. Also sasuke has pretty much surpassed itachi and if itachi is stronger than jiraiya its just simple common sense.
    We dont know Itachi's intentions.
     
         

  17. #117
    Ino>Sakura Amaterasuice's Avatar
    Status
    Amaterasuice is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Otogakure
    Posts
    3,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no ****s
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Ugh....fine I'll try and be detailed.

    Itachi and Kisame>Jiraiya

    1. Itachi might have said that, but his only reason for being there was to scare Danzo (as it was shown in part 2). Not to start a fight.

    2. Itachi said Kisame and him wouldn't win against A SANIN, not just Jiraiya. Seeing how he put Oro in his place, we can tell more proof he was just lying.

    3. Kisame even said as they retreated "Why did we retreat? You could've-" And it was cut off there if I remember right.

    4. Even if Itachi was weaker than Jiraiya in part 1 (which isn't true), he obtained much more stamina in part 2. 2 tsukyomi+ One Amaterasu<Tsukyomi+Amaterasu+Susanoo.

    Orochimaru>Jiraiya
    1. Jiraiya might have sage mode, but it takes time to use it. Orochimaru won't let him charge for it.

    2. 8 Branches: A technique that the only way to beat him is to seal him. Jiraiya doesn't have a high enough level sealing jutsu to do it. Even in sagemode. *Itachi was the ultimate weakness to Oro (only weaknesses are sharingan genjutsu and sealing high power sealing techniques)

    3. White snake Oro is weaker, yes. But he is still highly dangerous. One little touch of his blood and Jiraiya is done for (and we all know a rasengan to the gut should cause a little blood).

    4. Edo tensei: Orochimaru is able to use three edos that we know of. After he killed Hiruzen, he even said himself that he "Shouldn't have toyed with his sensei". Therefor, he would've easily won if he was arrogant.

    5. Orochimaru with a failing body and barely usable hands was toying with 4tails Naruto..something that Base Jiraiya couldn't win against.

    6. Orochimaru is nearly immune to physical attacks, so Jiraiya's taijutsu won't bother him much. Even in sage mode. However, Jiraiya would have to be caughtious of Orochimaru stabbing him with the Kusunagi or poisoning him with snakes.

    Manda>Gamabunta
    1. Manda has already been shown to fight both of his rivals at the same time. He almost killed them too.

    2. Manda is bigger as well, and extremely fast. He can just shed his skin to protect himself from anything the toad duo does.

    Orochimaru is the strongest sanin, with or without edos.
     
         

  18. #118
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    Jiraya is clearly the most powerful sannin? nope, to you he is..

    And huh? 4th raikage solos jiraya in seconds..
    you do realize he would have koed Minato at the beginning of the fight if minato had no s/t right?

    Tell me now how jiraya magically escapes his v2 attacks
    He'll obviously just use his super sage speed and poof out of the way.
     
         

  19. #119
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Wohoho. Jiraiya must be the number one ninja in Naruto!!1!

    Jiraiya > Edo Madara

    Jiraiya > Hashirama

    Jiraiya > Every got damn body.
    Did i say that?
     
         

  20. #120
    Member Mystery God's Avatar
    Status
    Mystery God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will be the first to
    know.....
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    I agree that Jiraya is in Top 10, he was close to Minato in average power or maybe greter, so if Minato can be considered top 10 then why can't Jiraya. If Edo Tensei is removed from Oro, Jiraya, will defeat him. Jiraya has the will of fire and he was a hell of a character. It is not important how long do you live, the question should be how you die and Jiraya would have escaped he had the opportunity but he remained, even with his voice box broken he didn't let go, he was driven by desire to save people. This shows he died a hero's death unlike Orochimaru, who died by the hands of his student and sasuke wasn't even sweating. Then he came back to life to see that evryone including his assistant had grown stronger than him. This shows how Oro's standard has fallen.
     
         

  21. #121
    Member 9th Raikage's Avatar
    Status
    9th Raikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Cloud
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Wohoho. Jiraiya must be the number one ninja in Naruto!!1!

    Jiraiya > Edo Madara

    Jiraiya > Hashirama

    Jiraiya > Every got damn body.
    If you think so good for you. I just believe that Jiraiya is more powerful than everybody who said he was more powerful which includes Nagato, Itachi, and Kisame. And if he is more powerful than Nagato and Itachi he is top 10. Deal with it.
     
         

  22. #122
    Ino>Sakura Amaterasuice's Avatar
    Status
    Amaterasuice is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Otogakure
    Posts
    3,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no ****s
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery God View Post
    I agree that Jiraya is in Top 10, he was close to Minato in average power or maybe greter, so if Minato can be considered top 10 then why can't Jiraya. If Edo Tensei is removed from Oro, Jiraya, will defeat him. Jiraya has the will of fire and he was a hell of a character. It is not important how long do you live, the question should be how you die and Jiraya would have escaped he had the opportunity but he remained, even with his voice box broken he didn't let go, he was driven by desire to save people. This shows he died a hero's death unlike Orochimaru, who died by the hands of his student and sasuke wasn't even sweating. Then he came back to life to see that evryone including his assistant had grown stronger than him. This shows how Oro's standard has fallen.
    Sasuke said twice that the only reason he won was because Oro had "a sick, failing body with non-usuable hands).
     
         

  23. #123
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    Did i say that?
    No, but your posts in this thread practically say it. :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th Raikage View Post
    If you think so good for you. I just believe that Jiraiya is more powerful than everybody who said he was more powerful which includes Nagato, Itachi, and Kisame. And if he is more powerful than Nagato and Itachi he is top 10. Deal with it.
    And that's why he's dead. D
     
         

  24. #124
    Member 9th Raikage's Avatar
    Status
    9th Raikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Cloud
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    The amazing thing about this topic is that I can quote lines from Manga characters stating that Jiraiya is more powerful, while those who choose to disagree have to make up scenarios. This is comical.

    Jiraiya>Nagato>Itachi>Orochimaru>Tsunade?Kisame
     
         

  25. #125
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    No, but your posts in this thread practically say it. :lmao:

    And that's why he's dead. D
    No, I'm not saying he is #1 by any means. Of course madara and Hashi solos him. That isnt even a question. But he is, in my opinion, the most powerful sannin. And yes, he is > Nagato if he knew the secret and he is > Itachi and Kisame if they were to fight him seperate. But, together, it is just as Itachi said, "The best we could do would be a stalemate".
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •