Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Do you support the Westboro church?

    I guess this is my second 'controversial' topic I've posted in the general discussion.

    I just watched this

    If you're bothered to watch it, good for you, if you don't, I'm sure you can find a summary somewhere.

    What I'm asking is do you support them? Is what they're doing right? If so, why/why not?

    Personally I think they are extremists who don't know how to live life properly.

    They kind of remind me of the people in the churches from Red State, if you've ever watched the movie you'll know what I mean.
     
         

  2. #2
    2nd Hokage Deadai's Avatar
    Status
    Deadai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    11,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hobbys: crafting new jutsu
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    No way they on the top of the crazy tree
    supa irrational bunch they are.
    :silly:
     
         
    Last edited by Deadai; 11-28-2012 at 04:53 PM.

  3. #3
    ._. Kage Jake's Avatar
    Status
    Kage Jake is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    I've seen this before.

    What I'm asking is do you support them?

    -No.

    Is what they're doing right? If so, why/why not?

    - No it i not right. Why? they have no right to force others to believe in what they believe in. It is our right as americans to have the freedom of religion. They are the christian version of the islam extremist accept with out the violent acts. You don't see athiest, gays, people of other religions/preferences with the right principles being this hostile toward them. They need to shut up and keep their nose in the book.
     
         

  4. #4
    IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    DeadManWonderLand is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    5,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Why would you ask if spreading hate is alright ? This group of people are expressing completely unprovoked and needless hatred towards other individuals trying to force them to change there way of life because of how they live their own lives. And you need clarification to know its not alright ? Do you think people have the right to tell others what to do ? Do you believe others should be condemned by others for living their own life ? If you truly believe everyone is equal and also believe in true equal rights and the persuit to happiness you would not have to ask this question you would know right away that what they are doing is something that they have no right to do.Just by asking if they are doing something right is inviting the idea that that kind of behavior is acceptable.And if you cannot discern the difference your just as horrible as them.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Why would you ask if spreading hate is alright ? This group of people are expressing completely unprovoked and needless hatred towards other individuals trying to force them to change there way of life because of how they live their own lives. And you need clarification to know its not alright ? Do you think people have the right to tell others what to do ? Do you believe others should be condemned by others for living their own life ? If you truly believe everyone is equal and also believe in true equal rights and the persuit to happiness you would not have to ask this question you would know right away that what they are doing is something that they have no right to do.Just by asking if they are doing something right is inviting the idea that that kind of behavior is acceptable.And if you cannot discern the difference your just as horrible as them.
    Some people don't believe that it is spreading hate. I'm simply asking people how they feel and what they think about it, I gathered the reactions would 95% be like this, don't bash me for it, I'm just interested.

    As I said I don't support them either.
     
         

  6. #6
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    seen a lot of them. They are one of the dumbest shit stains i've ever seen. Total and utter brainwash for the kids also.. sad bunch
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    simply...people are to offended at all sorts of stuff....they love to view people with stereo types......and then there are the extremeist people.....those people are no different than any other extremeists.....it sickens me to see these people causing Jesus and God to be portrayed in a way that is not accurate.....as i quote from Jesus"he who has not sinned may throw the first stone"....these people forget that and throw verbal and other such stones.....the KEY THING TO CHRISTIANITY is to love all others....you may hate the actions but you are to love the person.....you are to treat others well, and to help those who need your help...granted that is really difficult to do, and nobody is perfect....but that is the teaching of Jesus.....these extremists who run around teaching about what ways you will go to hell, are not promoting Jesus teaching......which is simply to get people to come to God through living a good example.....people should be compelled to see that there could be a God by seeing how happy and kind etc the christian is.....


    to you people who are like "religion needs to stop shoving itself in all of our faces".....i agree that stuff like in that video is extreme and shouldnt have to be shoved in peoples faces....but dont take that as the standard.....many of the people that bug you to become part of a religion are doing so because they care about you....whether you believe in what they do or not, look at it from their perspective.....they see that as far as they know only people who believe in the religion make it to eternal paradise, and avoid eternal hell.....so they give up their time to try to help you make it to eternal paradise and to be happy.....if you dont think that way you arent forced to....it is just the same as when a friend or relative gives you a gift you dont really want.....you may not like what it is but you are grate ful for them caring about you......


    simply christanity is about love peace and helping others.....not condemming others....that is Gods job to decide who is worthy and who isnt.....so the people who condemn others are completely wrong



    sincerly,
    A Catholic who is religious, and who understands what it really was that Jesus taught....




    (ps do realize that sometimes you nonbelievers, who complain about us shoving our religion down your throats do the same....you sometimes do the same, and shove the belief that there is no being on a higher plane down our throats to you know.....

    also even though i am religious i understand that science isnt to just be thrown out the window....my saying is "science explains how something works, and religion explains why" just realize that a lot of science is based on theories, and would only take 1 major discovery to have to rewrite it.....you should be able to see that from a scientific perspective.....let me give you an example.....it was almost universly thought that the earth was flat, or the sun and universe revolved around the earth.....yet it was discovered that the earth is indeed round and the earth revolves around the sun.....the same thing could happen....



    be open minded, about what to think and beleive......consider there could be a higher power, and consider there isnt.....but consider the unlikely as something that could be possible(but not likely)
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    seen a lot of them. They are one of the dumbest shit stains i've ever seen. Total and utter brainwash for the kids also.. sad bunch
    My opinion in a nutshell.
     
         

  9. #9
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    14,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valar Morghulis
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Freedom of Speech is a double-edged sword at times. Have to take the bad with the good.

    You know what they say, I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
     
         

  10. #10
    Member AngryRock's Avatar
    Status
    AngryRock is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    842
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    No way.
     
         

  11. #11
    黄俊 Huang's Avatar
    Status
    Huang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    I have NO respect for these people, whatsoever!! Not their oppinion, not their beliefs, they're nothing but a bigotted social club.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    simply...people are to offended at all sorts of stuff....they love to view people with stereo types......and then there are the extremeist people.....those people are no different than any other extremeists.....it sickens me to see these people causing Jesus and God to be portrayed in a way that is not accurate.....as i quote from Jesus"he who has not sinned may throw the first stone"....these people forget that and throw verbal and other such stones.....the KEY THING TO CHRISTIANITY is to love all others....you may hate the actions but you are to love the person.....you are to treat others well, and to help those who need your help...granted that is really difficult to do, and nobody is perfect....but that is the teaching of Jesus.....these extremists who run around teaching about what ways you will go to hell, are not promoting Jesus teaching......which is simply to get people to come to God through living a good example.....people should be compelled to see that there could be a God by seeing how happy and kind etc the christian is.....


    to you people who are like "religion needs to stop shoving itself in all of our faces".....i agree that stuff like in that video is extreme and shouldnt have to be shoved in peoples faces....but dont take that as the standard.....many of the people that bug you to become part of a religion are doing so because they care about you....whether you believe in what they do or not, look at it from their perspective.....they see that as far as they know only people who believe in the religion make it to eternal paradise, and avoid eternal hell.....so they give up their time to try to help you make it to eternal paradise and to be happy.....if you dont think that way you arent forced to....it is just the same as when a friend or relative gives you a gift you dont really want.....you may not like what it is but you are grate ful for them caring about you......


    simply christanity is about love peace and helping others.....not condemming others....that is Gods job to decide who is worthy and who isnt.....so the people who condemn others are completely wrong



    sincerly,
    A Catholic who is religious, and who understands what it really was that Jesus taught....




    (ps do realize that sometimes you nonbelievers, who complain about us shoving our religion down your throats do the same....you sometimes do the same, and shove the belief that there is no being on a higher plane down our throats to you know.....

    also even though i am religious i understand that science isnt to just be thrown out the window....my saying is "science explains how something works, and religion explains why" just realize that a lot of science is based on theories, and would only take 1 major discovery to have to rewrite it.....you should be able to see that from a scientific perspective.....let me give you an example.....it was almost universly thought that the earth was flat, or the sun and universe revolved around the earth.....yet it was discovered that the earth is indeed round and the earth revolves around the sun.....the same thing could happen....



    be open minded, about what to think and beleive......consider there could be a higher power, and consider there isnt.....but consider the unlikely as something that could be possible(but not likely)
    I agree to what you said.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Status
    GEIxBattleRifle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knowledge and awareness are
    vague, and perhaps better
    called illusions. Everyone
    lives within their own
    subjective interpretation.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Brainwashed to the extreme and they wonder why people try to shove the evolution concept down their throats
     
         

  14. #14
    Member GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Status
    GEIxBattleRifle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knowledge and awareness are
    vague, and perhaps better
    called illusions. Everyone
    lives within their own
    subjective interpretation.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    ^ People done that before were they claim they hit someone by ''accident'' even though they had the full intention of hitting them in the first place. If someone wants to run you over with their car you done something very wrong usually not always the case though. In this video I can see it happening
     
         

  15. #15
    Jack Spicer Evil Boy Genius's Avatar
    Status
    Evil Boy Genius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DWMA/America
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Jack, Jack Spicer.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Really don't like them.
     
         

  16. #16
    [BNB]Defconite BMN's Avatar
    Status
    BMN is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    They came to my High School more than a few times with their messages. 90% of all the people who went up to talk to them did it to troll them. Gotta say, nothing beats trolling religious nuts xD
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Quote Originally Posted by BMN View Post
    They came to my High School more than a few times with their messages. 90% of all the people who went up to talk to them did it to troll them. Gotta say, nothing beats trolling religious nuts xD
    Haha really? That's what I'd do, troll their shit
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    If by troll you mean stab then yes that's what I would do, just a friendly stab in the chest.
    Or a hammer, knock their teeth out, just a friendly pummel to the jaw.
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Do you support the Westboro church?

    There are certain people who I cannot possibly agree with. People of differing political views I can tolerate. Other tastes, sure. This level of intolerance doesn't belong anywhere. It's not about 'religion' at this point. Religion is supposed to preach love, not hate. This was invented by a sociopath with a bone to pick, with everyone who wasn't under his dominion.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •