1 33.33%
    Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Underrated Dojutsu?

Just hear me out.

Anybody remember Raiga and Ranmaru? And Ranmaru's Dojutsu? I believe it's underrated.

Here's why:
    Ranmaru possessed a dōjutsu kekkei genkai which, when activated, causes his eyes to glow red in colour. It grants him abilities such as penetrative vision as well as the ability to hinder other dōjutsu such as the Byakugan which his own dōjutsu has been likened to.

Ranmaru's technique abilities include penetrating vision, disruption of eye-based kekkei genkai, and a unique chakra particle extension.
    He has the ability to use his vision abilities to penetrate the walls of his small shack and view the outside world and perform genjutsu that can fool even the all-seeing Byakugan. This ability does not appear to have the range of the Byakugan, but it actually has the ability to counter that Hyūga trait. Ranmaru's vision also lets him locate and track others by sensing chakra, picking up chakra from long distances, and noticing changes in an individual's chakra. It is also able to sense how many individuals are present.

Ranmaru's vision has heightened perception and analytical powers like the Sharingan, meaning Ranmaru can comprehend any details he sees to predict the opponent's next move. He mainly contributed this ability to helping Raiga become more effective in battle. He can also see one's life force, allowing him to determine that Raiga, who had recently fallen in battle, was still alive. He was also able to transfer part of his own life force to Raiga.

Fodder like Ranmaru were able to use this, so it does not necessarily waste chakra like the three Great Dojutsu do. Wouldn't it be great for somebody like ... say, Lee? Or Part 1 Naruto? Their problems with genjutsu were ridiculous.

EDIT: This is what it looks like:

Last edited by Omnipotent; 11-19-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BigFigJ

Re: Underrated Dojutsu?

From the series as a whole, probably, most people tend to not pay attention to things that aren't in the actual manga.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... yea what he/she siad

i forgot about thatone

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derp

Non-canon stuff is more fluff for giggles than actual discussion. It's essentially popular fanfiction.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, seeing as how Ranmaru's dojutsu was a freaking OP combination of Byakugan and Sharingan, it would be overkill if it existed in the canon Narutoverse. (Ranmaru and this dojutsu are not canon since they're from filler arcs in the anime.)

That said, his abilities are the closest we will ever have to a Sharingan + Byakugan hybrid. This makes me think they put him in as fan service for all the "Byaku-sharingan" fan hype. He has all the abilities of the Byakugan AND the Sharingan (albeit weaker versions of both) but with NONE of the drawbacks/side effects. Give that to any main character and BAM! Auto-OPness!

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDeception View Post
    Well, seeing as how Ranmaru's dojutsu was a freaking OP combination of Byakugan and Sharingan, it would be overkill if it existed in the canon Narutoverse. (Ranmaru and this dojutsu are not canon since they're from filler arcs in the anime.)

That said, his abilities are the closest we will ever have to a Sharingan + Byakugan hybrid. This makes me think they put him in as fan service for all the "Byaku-sharingan" fan hype. He has all the abilities of the Byakugan AND the Sharingan (albeit weaker versions of both) but with NONE of the drawbacks/side effects. Give that to any main character and BAM! Auto-OPness!
    Thanks for the explanation; I barely remember the episodes including Raiga and Ranmaru myself. I only thought Lee and Part 1 Naruto would really need this, because of the advantage with genjutsu, but who do you think would have done well with it?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Born to Die

even though its filler i agree rep +

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to bake you a pie ..
    Oh boy what flavor .. PIE
    FLAVOR

Shut up and let me take your eyes

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrothers View Post
    even though its filler i agree rep +
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rider View Post
    Shut up and let me take your eyes
    Ask nicely

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Thanks for the explanation; I barely remember the episodes including Raiga and Ranmaru myself. I only thought Lee and Part 1 Naruto would really need this, because of the advantage with genjutsu, but who do you think would have done well with it?
    I agree with your choice to give it to Lee.
    Any other character can abuse it and use it with their own jutsu. Basically all they have to do is hide under a rock and blind/confuse every opponent they encounter, then kill them with whatever jutsu/weapon they want. Forget the more popular characters for now. Take someone like Tenten and give her this dojutsu: Byakugan's long range vision + Byakugan's x-ray vision + Sharingan's super detail vision + Sharingan's genjutsu + her own perfect accuracy... She'd be killing people from 10 miles away and they literally would not even know what hit them.

Now Lee on the other hand... He won't be able to abuse its abilities. He could only use it for defense against genjutsu and ninjutsu. And since that's really his biggest weak point, it would be perfect for him. His taijutsu wouldn't benefit too much from the dojutsu. Sure he can see his opponent from a mile away and it'll help him track their movements better but he can already do that more or less anyway.

Part 1 Naruto has Kurama; he can find his own way to deal with it. :-P Plus it would be make him wayyyyyy over the top OP.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDeception View Post
    I agree with your choice to give it to Lee.
    Any other character can abuse it and use it with their own jutsu. Basically all they have to do is hide under a rock and blind/confuse every opponent they encounter, then kill them with whatever jutsu/weapon they want. Forget the more popular characters for now. Take someone like Tenten and give her this dojutsu: Byakugan's long range vision + Byakugan's x-ray vision + Sharingan's super detail vision + Sharingan's genjutsu + her own perfect accuracy... She'd be killing people from 10 miles away and they literally would not even know what hit them.

Now Lee on the other hand... He won't be able to abuse its abilities. He could only use it for defense against genjutsu and ninjutsu. And since that's really his biggest weak point, it would be perfect for him. His taijutsu wouldn't benefit too much from the dojutsu. Sure he can see his opponent from a mile away and it'll help him track their movements better but he can already do that more or less anyway.

Part 1 Naruto has Kurama; he can find his own way to deal with it. :-P Plus it would be make him wayyyyyy over the top OP.
    :D.
    I don't think plot would let it be that easy for them. Oh man, I was just thinking about Tenten too; great example. She'd be a Tokubetsu-Jonin if she had this, I believe.

I think Lee will benefit more than you think. He's still not the best taijutsu user, and there are people who just like to blitz. If Lee had this, even with his lack of ninjutsu, I think he could surpass Gai.

No I mean like early Part 1 Naruto. It would've helped him immensely against Haku, and maybe even Zabuza. But I do agree that in the end he would turn out OP.