View Poll Results: Who was the best lightning release (raiton) user?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

49 17.95%
  • Sasuke

94 34.43%
  • 2nd Raikage

12 4.40%
  • 3rd Raikage

125 45.79%
  • 4th Raikage

30 10.99%
  • Ameyuri Ringo

18 6.59%
  • Darui

36 13.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 15 « First ... 39101112131415 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this... The death you had
    imagined for me then?

Re: Who was the best lightning release (raiton) user?

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    First volley ineffective! Second volley commencing! REFER TO LAST PARAGRAPH!
    Already conceded.

Plus, the databook has already stated Kirin the most powerful Lightning technique. Kishi's writings over any opinion of ours', even though I'm thinking Kishi did have a momentary fanboy moment in Kirin's creation in favor for Sasuke.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    I don't think son will surpass father in this situation. Not at all. I don't see anyone in Kumo who would stand up to the Third Raikage and win, including Bee.
    I think if the Third was still alive and fought Minato, well... Let's just say there'd be no Konoha. o.O

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Koha View Post
    I think if the Third was still alive and fought Minato, well... Let's just say there'd be no Konoha. o.O
    Nah, don't forget about Danzo and Asuma. Plot will make Konoha survive, and they're the only high-level wind users there; with the spirit of plot around them they can do anything. So sadly in that case, Sandaime Raikage would have been killed off by plot, just as he was in the original manga.

The Sandaime Raikage would've been pretty old (around 54? when Minato becomes Yondaime Hokage), but I don't see how that would affect him, seeing as he died at 42 (assuming that he's the same age as Hiruzen).

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

Already conceded.

Plus, the databook has already stated Kirin the most powerful Lightning technique. Kishi's writings over any opinion of ours', even though I'm thinking Kishi did have a momentary fanboy moment in Kirin's creation in favor for Sasuke.
    He often does.

The databook is full of hyperbole in any case, Itachi's Susano'o Shield is stated to be impenetrable which might be hard if Raikiri, Kirin and Kamui all are COMPLETELY UNSTOPPABLE, as stated.

If Amaterasu was TRULY at solar temperatures, it would have VAPORIZED Sasuke AND the Raikage in their engagement, along with everyone in the room.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

He often does.

The databook is full of hyperbole in any case, Itachi's Susano'o Shield is stated to be impenetrable which might be hard if Raikiri, Kirin and Kamui all are COMPLETELY UNSTOPPABLE, as stated.

If Amaterasu was TRULY at solar temperatures, it would have VAPORIZED Sasuke AND the Raikage in their engagement, along with everyone in the room.
    Nah, don't forget about Danzo and Asuma. Plot will make Konoha survive, and they're the only high-level wind users there; with the spirit of plot around them they can do anything. So sadly in that case, Sandaime Raikage would have been killed off by plot, just as he was in the original manga.

The Sandaime Raikage would've been pretty old (around 54? when Minato becomes Yondaime Hokage), but I don't see how that would affect him, seeing as he died at 42 (assuming that he's the same age as Hiruzen).

Definitely. ... Kishi sometimes contradict himself, but it's kinda hard to argue against the Creator. It's a battle nobody can ever win against in the end.

Ahhhh.. So true. -_______-;; If it weren't for the plot though, Konoha would've been destroyed all too many times. I would've loved to see more from the 3rd Raikage... And even more from the 2nd Raikage ;o That face.......

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Definitely. ... Kishi sometimes contradict himself, but it's kinda hard to argue against the Creator. It's a battle nobody can ever win against in the end.

Ahhhh.. So true. -_______-;; If it weren't for the plot though, Konoha would've been destroyed all too many times. I would've loved to see more from the 3rd Raikage... And even more from the 2nd Raikage ;o That face.......
    Kishi > Plot > Anything and everything.

Many, many times over. When I see the Nidaime Raikage's face and his war badges, all I can hear is this:

"We gon' hit him with the left, hit him with the right, we gon' hit him with the left, hit him with the right, it's a fight, it's a fight, head bussin', head bussin'"

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

Many, many times over. When I see the Nidaime Raikage's face and his war badges, all I can hear is this:

"We gon' hit him with the left, hit him with the right, we gon' hit him with the left, hit him with the right, it's a fight, it's a fight, head bussin', head bussin'"
    Thank you for connecting the Second Raikage forever more in my mind with a badass, fitting and martially oriented theme tune

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Thank you for connecting the Second Raikage forever more in my mind with a badass, fitting and martially oriented theme tune
    No problem.

When I was listening to this (after I made the post), I was staring at the picture of the Nidaime Raikage. What happened is that I saw him taking on Edo Madara, Hashirama and Tobirama. Let me just say that before I lost my train of thought Edo Madara wasn't looking good at all.

I don't picture the Second Raikage using any visible jutsu, I see him being like Tsunade and cracking skulls with chakra-enhanced fists. But we all know that we're not that lucky.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

LMAOOOOOO!!! xD with a stare like that he can kill Kage like THAT..... If it were Hashirama vs. 2nd Raikage.... Well, damn. o.O .... Hashirama's gonna drop dead from that stare, or be his eternal bxtch. :x just look at it and that hairstyle.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

No problem.

When I was listening to this (after I made the post), I was staring at the picture of the Nidaime Raikage. What happened is that I saw him taking on Edo Madara, Hashirama and Tobirama. Let me just say that before I lost my train of thought Edo Madara wasn't looking good at all.

I don't picture the Second Raikage using any visible jutsu, I see him being like Tsunade and cracking skulls with chakra-enhanced fists. But we all know that we're not that lucky.
    I see his punches not even doing damage to the environment, just MASSIVE AMOUNTS on whatever PERSON he's aiming at. He also just tanks everything with no visible damage being done, and is only moderately fast on a good day.

He's the Raikage because lightning-storms just seem to FORM around him, tapping out a rough beat on the ground or buildings or whatever is a 100 meter distance away.

The storm doesn't DARE get any closer.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

LMAOOOOOO!!! xD with a stare like that he can kill Kage like THAT..... If it were Hashirama vs. 2nd Raikage.... Well, damn. o.O .... Hashirama's gonna drop dead from that stare, or be his eternal bxtch. :x just look at it and that hairstyle.
    This leaves me to assume that the Nidaime Raikage was killed in his sleep while he had a bandana over his head. There's no other explanation to his death. I mean, he's the only Raikage to get Konoha to try and make a peace-offering; it MUST have been because Tobirama didn't want to mess with this guy.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

This leaves me to assume that the Nidaime Raikage was killed in his sleep while he had a bandana over his head. There's no other explanation to his death. I mean, he's the only Raikage to get Konoha to try and make a peace-offering; it MUST have been because Tobirama didn't want to mess with this guy.
    Naah, he just up and left one day, searching for a decent fight for once, and never returned. Perhaps he found it.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagined for me then?

That couldn't be....... With a stare like that, sleep can't be in your agenda, he probably went off into a different nation, and got shot... By a bullet with his face on it. Because we all know a normal bullet wouldn't dare come any closer to the 2nd....... He could break Tsukuyomi with just that stare........ And I thought Itachi's stare was intimidating.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

That couldn't be....... With a stare like that, sleep can't be in your agenda, he probably went off into a different nation, and got shot... By a bullet with his face on it. Because we all know a normal bullet wouldn't dare come any closer to the 2nd....... He could break Tsukuyomi with just that stare........ And I thought Itachi's stare was intimidating.
    Oh, he sleeps like a baby.

It's just OTHER people who never sleep ever again after looking into his eyes.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Naah, he just up and left one day, searching for a decent fight for once, and never returned. Perhaps he found it.
    Maybe it's the secret S06P Edo that Tobirama-sama left behind that he left for

His medals are from staring contests, by the way.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doom, Gloom, and Dis-Pear.

lightning bolt NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD has been directed in the way Kirin was, and if it did it could accomplish what Kirin did without any trouble. An actual lightning bolt HAS NEVER properly HIT any target, save, say, if a plane somehow got caught in the middle of one in mid-air. Lightning barely strafes targets with its outer edge, and yet it's still enough to cause young children nightmares and is one of the most impressive examples of the forces of nature in action.

Kirin is, in effect, a spread-out single lightning bolt that's under Sasuke's control. While that is a SCARY thought, it's still just A lightning bolt under Sasuke's control, and when it comes to concentrated destruction Hell Stab or even Raikiri are easily provable to be stronger.

Look at my earlier posts in this thread for the mechanics of it.
    It's only you who is confused. Kirin is part of Sasuke's nature transformation and is 'taming Lightening ' not taming a 'lightening bolt'. It's pure, raw lightening and thus hell stab and Raikiri are not stronger when it obliterated a whole freaking mountain top.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by shelke View Post
    It's only you who is confused. Kirin is part of Sasuke's nature transformation and is 'taming Lightening ' not taming a 'lightening bolt'. It's pure, raw lightening and thus hell stab and Raikiri are not stronger when it obliterated a whole freaking mountain top.
    What took you so long? I thought this was already /thread.

I mean, we were already having another conversation about the Nidaime Raikage.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

Do you deny that a single lightning bolt could accomplish what Kirin accomplished?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do. There are several instances of lightening bolts striking the surface, none of them took out a freaking mountain top. Also, Sasuke not only controls the lightening but shapes it as well. This can't be cut by a single user, as he determines the radius of its effect. Kindly refer to the databook for the full info. Kakashi or anyone else will get toast if Kirnin hits them. I mean, Itachi barely survived it with Yata mirror which is supposed to make him invincible and yet, his skin and clothes were burnt to an extent. Kirin >>> All lightening techniques.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

Yes I do. There are several instances of lightening bolts striking the surface, none of them took out a freaking mountain top. Also, Sasuke not only controls the lightening but shapes it as well. This can't be cut by a single user, as he determines the radius of its effect. Kindly refer to the databook for the full info. Kakashi or anyone else will get toast if Kirnin hits them. I mean, Itachi barely survived it with Yata mirror which is supposed to make him invincible and yet, his skin and clothes were burnt to an extent. Kirin >>> All lightening techniques.
    So, you deny that a lightning bolt easily contains the potential energy to accomplish EXACTLY what Kirin did and more despite actual scientific PROOF?

So Kirin is FAR superior to EVERY lightning tech despite only barely dealing with even a V1 Susano'o?

Well THAT doesn't seem biased AT ALL.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen videos of a lightening bolt hitting a football field during a match; nothing happened. There is no scientific proof of a single bolt destroying a mountain top. In fact, three times in my life, Lightening bolt fell down near the neighborhood, and nothing was destroyed other than fried wires.

Sorry, but that sussano was reduced to V1, because of Kirin. Itachi stabilized it back to its form again which has Yata mirror by the way.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

I have seen videos of a lightening bolt hitting a football field during a match; nothing happened. There is no scientific proof of a single bolt destroying a mountain top. In fact, three times in my life, Lightening bolt fell down near the neighborhood, and nothing was destroyed other than fried wires.

Sorry, but that sussano was reduced to V1, because of Kirin. Itachi stabilized it back to its form again which has Yata mirror by the way.
    Your opinions are affected by bias

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

^ And your one-liners are hardcore facts, and not biased AT ALL.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

^ And your one-liners are hardcore facts, and not biased AT ALL.
    I am admittedly biased towards Tobirama, yes. But is he in this thread? I don't think so.