Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Uchiha Obito was never a liar! He hates them; how could he be one himself?

Obito to Kisame: "This world holds nothing but lies"

Obito is a man who has a deep sense of loathing for liars and the act of lying itself! There is proof of this:

The reason he wants to put the world that exists, to sleep, change its fate with an incredible; universal Genjutsu, is that he doesn't believe the truths of this world anymore.

Although I am certain that Kakashi tried his very best, the one promise that Kakashi made to Obito, in exchange for his own life; and the greatest weapon in his arsenal, the Sharingan, was that he would protect Rin, the person Obito cared about the most. Circumstances might not have been on Kakashis side, and due to very bad luck, Kakashi could not keep that promise to a friend that sacrificed everything for him.

To Uchiha Obito, who survived, this was betrayal of the highest order...........a lie; a lie that demolished his faith in the existing shinobi world.

You simply do not break your promises to an Uchiha, especially one who sacrificed his own life for yours.

So how can someone like Obito; who absolutely despises liars and lies alike, take up the role of one himself?

The answer lies.......in the power of the name! It was his job; a job given to him by the man who originally owned that name. Uchiha Madara gave him that title, until such time as he would be revived, Uchiha Obito would fulfill that roll.

He did it perfectly! Almost too convincingly; when I looked upon Obito after his mask had come off, I could not believe it nor accept it for a time. Even as Edo Madara had already left his coffin, I still kept believing that the man behind the mask was still some form of Uchiha Madara. That is how good he was at his job!

So fellow NBers......do not think of his grand charade as a lie! He was simply fulfilling his duty. A duty left to him by the man who showed him the true power of the Uchiha clan and the things that could be accomplished with that power.

After the first few posts, I realised most people won't even get this thread, they see things only as one or the other, right or wrong, good or evil...truth or lies. For you to understand me....you must look beyond those things.

Last edited by iSpeak the Truth; 11-17-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boooooooo

Re: Uchiha Obito was never a liar! He hates them; how could he be one himself?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by megaamine View Post
    haha Took the words right out of my mouth, i was just about to post the exact same thing !!

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    didn't he lie saying he was Madara?
    didn't he lie sayong he gave Nagato rinnegan?
    didn't he lie to Sasuke about the konoha attack?

wheter if it was his job or not, he still lied.
    He was Uchiha Madara at the time.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real life... Pshh..

Man TBT, he the biggest liar in the manga :D

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

As half obito fan i couldn't agree more, You have a valid point of view...

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He gave up on this reality before he took the alias of Uchiha Madara.

Why should he care about lying to the shinobi world?

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    or was he uchiha Obito under the mask?

even if he had good reasons to lie, he still lied. that's my point.
    For you and others like you, I edited the thread.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
    As half obito fan i couldn't agree more, You have a valid point of view...
    Thanks

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    He wasn't madara uchiha at all, calling your self madara doesn't mean your madara...

That's like me going around calling myself Bob, doesn't mean i'm bob. I'm david :D

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFlash1 View Post
    He wasn't madara uchiha at all, calling your self madara doesn't mean your madara...

That's like me going around calling myself Bob, doesn't mean i'm bob. I'm david :D
    You don't get it, too immature.....

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fate of destruction is the
    joy of rebirth

There's only one answer, Obito has personality disorder.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boooooooo

What????

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narukarin16 View Post
    There's only one answer, Obito has personality disorder.
    !

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by megaamine View Post
    was going to say that

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he is a big lier, yeah he is a good actors of using other identity, but he is the most crying baby ever from uchiha's clan, same place with sasuke!!

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsu Nara View Post
    he is a big lier, yeah he is a good actors of using other identity, but he is the most crying baby ever from uchiha's clan, same place with sasuke!!
    Ok great....

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comfortably Numb

well, it is arguable, but i understand ur point. Obito, by his very nature, is probably not a liar. His deception of others was a battle strategy, and besides that he wasnt lying completely--he may not have been Madara, but he was certainly Madara's proxy. he paraded around as Madara in order to be able to fulfill his and Madara's ambition and it was--as you stated--under orders. Comparatively, i know a man who used to be a sniper in the army. he killed many men as a sniper, but one could hardly say he's a murderer.

On the other hand, he's lost all he ever cared for and he is now a freaking madman and i don't think he has anything against lying. He's pretty much a psycho now with no care for anything. So, even if your view is that Obito "didn't" lie, that doesn't mean he "wouldn't" lie or that he has anything against it...

Last edited by NaruGoku; 11-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Sorry man but Obito is the biggest lying in this series, that's his character and how he achieves what he wants.

He told Nagato that he awakened the rinnegan because he is the "Chosen one" to bring peace - That was to sweeten up Nagato
    He told sasuke the nine tails attack was just a "natural disaster" - That was to keep sasuke on his side because he knows it was actually him

But I know that's part of his character and I love it he's so deceptive. Ahh Obito

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NaruGoku View Post
    well, it is arguable, but i understand ur point. Obito, by his very nature, is probably not a liar. His deception of others was a battle strategy, and besides that he wasnt lying completely--he may not have been Madara, but he was certainly Madara's proxy. he paraded around as Madara in order to be able to fulfill his and Madara's ambition and it was--as you stated--under orders. Comparatively, i know a man who used to be a sniper in the army. he killed many men as a sniper, but one could hardly say he's a murderer.

On the other hand, he's lost all he ever cared for and he is now a freaking madman and i don't think he has anything against lying. He's pretty much a psycho now with no care for anything. So, even if your view is that Obito "didn't" lie, that doesn't mean he "wouldn't" lie or that he has anything against it...
    This guy gets it ^ Pay heed people

In response, when has Obito ever lied as Uchiha Obito?

As Uchiha Madara, everything he said....was the truth. That is fact.

Last edited by iSpeak the Truth; 11-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

I like this. Personality studies, when well-made, are always interesting, so good job and many interesting points raised.

I particularly liked the "He was Uchiha Madara" bit, and it makes a lot of sense. I believe Madara may have been behind Obito's decision to take his name (and reputation) to smooth everything over. I can see him waiting to die until he'd passed on his legacy to someone: "Obito. Take my name, my fan, my armor. Take everything I was and build a better world with it."

But yeah, lies broke Obito. At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

He certainly seems fairly free in the morality of lying after Rin's death.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    I like this. Personality studies, when well-made, are always interesting, so good job and many interesting points raised.

I particularly liked the "He was Uchiha Madara" bit, and it makes a lot of sense. I believe Madara may have been behind Obito's decision to take his name (and reputation) to smooth everything over. I can see him waiting to die until he'd passed on his legacy to someone: "Obito. Take my name, my fan, my armor. Take everything I was and build a better world with it."

But yeah, lies broke Obito. At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

He certainly seems fairly free in the morality of lying after Rin's death.
    You raise great points of your own! It is a bit sad that only a few intellectuals can truly understand my views. Thank you!

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

You raise great points of your own! It is a bit sad that only a few intellectuals can truly understand my views. Thank you!
    Thanks to you too. Keep up the good work!