Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!

Need Manga like Liar Game

Description of the Liar Game:
    Congratulations! You are one of the 1 in 100,000 people who have been entered in the amazing LIAR GAME TOURNAMENT!

Along with the postcard there are 100 million yen in notes. That's the beginning of the Liar Game. When the game ends, in 30 days, you will have to return your 100 million. If your opponent steals them, he can keep them as a prize, and you will have a debt of 100 million...
    --------------
    Nao Kanzaki has been dubbed a "foolishly honest girl" for her excessive faith in the best of others. When a package arrives at her house, she, unsuspecting, opens it only to discover her admittance into the Liar Game -- a twisted, tournament game involving 100 million yen! The profits are high, but so are the prospects of losing.
    Allying with an ex-convict, how will she be able to cope with the circumstances? And what is the true intent of the corporation behind the Liar Game?

A mind-boggling, psychological thriller that looks into the nature of the human mind as well as the never ending battle between truth and lies.

I already know of things like Death Note and Code Geass, so what else can you guys suggest for me?

Just a ☆ GFXer Wanna Be Ryuzetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Need Manga like Liar Game

One piece or Fairy tail are really good. I prefer One piece it has 500 eposidoes and is STILL GOING~

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Yeah but that's more of an adventure type. I'm leaning more towards the psychological area. I do read OP and Fairy Tail btw good stuff

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i'm starting to like bleach

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.

Steins;gates is good :3
    Time traveling and stuff ^_^

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmm maybe~
    Code Breaker
    K Project

mada mada dane narutorikudoumode's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt them. Question them,
    suspect them…and take a
    good, long look into their
    hearts. Humans are the kind of
    beings who can’t put their
    pain into words after all.
    Akiyama Shinichi, Liar Game

i love the liar game but you should watch pluto the manga its really great once you get past the third chapter

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I heard steins gate is the type your looking for. May I recommend you to read Claymore? one helluva manga

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Life is money

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Wow a lot of new ones I haven't heard of before. Thanks guys I'll see how they are

mada mada dane narutorikudoumode's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt them. Question them,
    suspect them…and take a
    good, long look into their
    hearts. Humans are the kind of
    beings who can’t put their
    pain into words after all.
    Akiyama Shinichi, Liar Game

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Description of the Liar Game:
    Congratulations! You are one of the 1 in 100,000 people who have been entered in the amazing LIAR GAME TOURNAMENT!

Along with the postcard there are 100 million yen in notes. That's the beginning of the Liar Game. When the game ends, in 30 days, you will have to return your 100 million. If your opponent steals them, he can keep them as a prize, and you will have a debt of 100 million...
    --------------
    Nao Kanzaki has been dubbed a "foolishly honest girl" for her excessive faith in the best of others. When a package arrives at her house, she, unsuspecting, opens it only to discover her admittance into the Liar Game -- a twisted, tournament game involving 100 million yen! The profits are high, but so are the prospects of losing.
    Allying with an ex-convict, how will she be able to cope with the circumstances? And what is the true intent of the corporation behind the Liar Game?

A mind-boggling, psychological thriller that looks into the nature of the human mind as well as the never ending battle between truth and lies.

I already know of things like Death Note and Code Geass, so what else can you guys suggest for me?
    oh my god i almost forgot monster manga is one the best ones i have ever read in my life is psychological throughtout the whole manga everything that liar game i have watched the anime but some people say the manga is even better you have to get past the first four chapter and if you don't listen you can get lost just like the liar game and one more thing it has been completed so you don't have to wait on the chapters like liar game

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

I actually did read part of Monster but only until about chapter 30. I even made a thread about it a few months ago but it lacked a lot of replies.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Quote Originally Posted by narutorikudoumode View Post
    oh my god i almost forgot monster manga is one the best ones i have ever read in my life is psychological throughtout the whole manga everything that liar game i have watched the anime but some people say the manga is even better you have to get past the first four chapter and if you don't listen you can get lost just like the liar game and one more thing it has been completed so you don't have to wait on the chapters like liar game
    Monster has been pretty good so far (caught up a bit) and I've seen a bit of Code: Breaker. Also visited a few more not mentioned yet.. the mangaverse has a lot out there.

Looking for some more recommendations - Stein's Gate has got some good support so far from this thread

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Go for Steins; Gate. It's outstanding. I rate it higher than Code Geass and just below Death Note.
    But Steins; Gate is less about world domination and other delusional ambitions. It's more a psychological manga [with time-travel sub-plot] on the pain of the male protagonist as the story progresses. If there's one anime who made me broke into tears (other than Death Note during L's death), it's Steins; Gate at Episode 22.

Only drawback of Steins; Gate is its slow pace in initial episodes. Other than that, it's wonderful with well-created characters, excellent animation, goosebumping moments, nice music, some fanservice, so comedy moments, its smooth storyline that connects each major/minor parts together to avoid any plothole, a perfect 24-episodes length that's not too lengthy nor too short (though there's an OVA too) & an open-ending that's a bit contrary to J-Anime's stereotypes.

I love Monster too; but it's more because of it's well-written characters than its plot.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Go for Steins; Gate. It's outstanding. I rate it higher than Code Geass and just below Death Note.
    But Steins; Gate is less about world domination and other delusional ambitions. It's more a psychological manga [with time-travel sub-plot] on the pain of the male protagonist as the story progresses. If there's one anime who made me broke into tears (other than Death Note during L's death), it's Steins; Gate at Episode 22.

Only drawback of Steins; Gate is its slow pace in initial episodes. Other than that, it's wonderful with well-created characters, excellent animation, goosebumping moments, nice music, some fanservice, so comedy moments, its smooth storyline that connects each major/minor parts together to avoid any plothole, a perfect 24-episodes length that's not too lengthy nor too short (though there's an OVA too) & an open-ending that's a bit contrary to J-Anime's stereotypes.

I love Monster too; but it's more because of it's well-written characters than its plot.
    Well a lot of people seem to be supporting this one I guess xD

Invincible Immortal EternalMangekyouRinnegan's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Piece > Naruto

Try Kaiji and Akagi. It's about psychological mind games that you seem to like so much.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMangekyouRinnegan View Post
    Try Kaiji and Akagi. It's about psychological mind games that you seem to like so much.
    Honestly I read a few chapters of Kaiji and it IS strikingly similar to the Liar Game.. I'll try it out too.

Invincible Immortal EternalMangekyouRinnegan's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Piece > Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Honestly I read a few chapters of Kaiji and it IS strikingly similar to the Liar Game.. I'll try it out too.
    I suggest watching the anime. It's made by the same studio that made Death Note. You'll notice a lot of similarities in the animation.

Oh, and don't be scared by the Tengu noses. Character designs might be a little whack but you get over that in a short while and the awesome story pulls you in.