Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So How is Windows 8, guys?

I just installed it today. Found the original copy in *coughs* torrent *coughs*. :D

Looks pretty cool and yeah it's a hell lot faster than Win 7. I am loving it. :D

So you guys installed it? How is it?

Last edited by Tsujan9484; 11-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: So How is Windows 8, guys?

Haven't installed. But I will....

Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#

A friend of mine just got it (legally, I might add) and the Surface.

She likes it a whole lot, but she also only uses it for internet, Skype, and Word. So it's not like she's maxing out its potential.

That said, I'll probably eventually get it, but I don't have any incentive to upgrade my current computer. I'll get it on my next device.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got your attention... I
    guess.

it sucks... okay, is fast as hell but i wouldn't buy W8, W7 - a ways better...

(using W8, W7, Vista but prefer Mac OS)

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DArk Evenger

Its epic

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a girl, dammit.

I dont know, because I dont wanna use it.
    I may be a hipster, but I dont like it.
    Plus: I am an AMV maker, I usualy use the maximum potential of my computer, and the graphics are just 1gb, and it slows down the whole stuff.
    Expecting a laptop if I finish the 8th grade with 9.90 out of 10.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being fabulous with Kurome,
    Misaka, Xenovia, Mahiro,
    Kurumi and Laura...

I've had the release preview for a while now, I love it.
    And I'm getting a W8 convertible next week

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killed Mood.

Windows 8 is bad, and you should feel bad for installing it!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch before you speak or i
    shall watch you after with my
    SWORD.

I dont think win8 will work out good in all countries and nations.many apps will not work properly in win 8 like win vista or win7

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I want my PC to be a PC, not a phone. That's why I'm not bothering with Windows 8. Sticking with good old 7.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being fabulous with Kurome,
    Misaka, Xenovia, Mahiro,
    Kurumi and Laura...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkiller56 View Post
    I want my PC to be a PC, not a phone. That's why I'm not bothering with Windows 8. Sticking with good old 7.
    W8 has a desktop like W7 had, it has everything W7 had + more, plus it's faster.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigson View Post
    Windows 8 is bad, and you should feel bad for installing it!
    No it's not. That is why I am not feeling bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintry4 View Post
    I dont think win8 will work out good in all countries and nations.many apps will not work properly in win 8 like win vista or win7
    Well I have not looked into every apps but yeah you are right, not every apps will work. But who cares. As long as the apps i use works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkiller56 View Post
    well Win 8 does have a desktop.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

You seriously stole it? Why? You do realize it's only a hundred bucks, right? It's barely a 6th of what a computer costs and people spent a lot of time and money to make that. -_-

OT: There's a general rule with Windows, you always skip the next one. For example, 98 was good, 2000 was bad, XP was good, Vista was bad, 7 is good...so 8 must be bad. I'm just going to wait for the next one, this one is just a learning stage. Also, from the reviews it seems like 8 really on shines for touch screen devices. Supposedly it also has a split personality where it switches modes or something...scary...sounds like the switch between DOS and Windows to me. :/

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    You seriously stole it? Why? You do realize it's only a hundred bucks, right? It's barely a 6th of what a computer costs and people spent a lot of time and money to make that. -_-

OT: There's a general rule with Windows, you always skip the next one. For example, 98 was good, 2000 was bad, XP was good, Vista was bad, 7 is good...so 8 must be bad. I'm just going to wait for the next one, this one is just a learning stage. Also, from the reviews it seems like 8 really on shines for touch screen devices. Supposedly it also has a split personality where it switches modes or something...scary...sounds like the switch between DOS and Windows to me. :/
    100 bucks for you maybe..... where the thread maker comes from 100 bucks is a very big deal to give for something you can get free lol

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    100 bucks for you maybe..... where the thread maker comes from 100 bucks is a very big deal to give for something you can get free lol
    True, and not trying to be an arse here, but if you can't afford something, then you don't need it. There is no justification for piracy. If it wasn't for the pirates, we wouldn't even be hearing about laws being discussed to control the internet. Piracy needs to stop at least just so the rest of us law-abiding citizens can live with freedom.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I did not stole it. I just use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You are so right, converting 100 bucks into my currency is like Rs 8,900 which is a great sum. And again, you cannot just buy the OS at that price, all those taxes, shipping, and other charges will make the cost triple means around 300 bucks.

And only a fool would spend that much money for the product you can get for free.
    True, and not trying to be an arse here, but if you can't afford something, then you don't need it. There is no justification for piracy. If it wasn't for the pirates, we wouldn't even be hearing about laws being discussed to control the internet. Piracy needs to stop at least just so the rest of us law-abiding citizens can live with freedom.
    You do know that NB hosts copy righted material, right? Naruto Anime is copyrighted material of TV Tokyo, the manga belongs to Kishi and Jump Comics. NB hosts torrents and free downloads which actually is illegal.

Windows being a popular OS in the market is also because there are pirated versions easily available in the internet. I agree piracy needs to be stopped but then again I know the reality that it won't. Yeah encouraging piracy is wrong but that is the only way to enjoy new releases of software.

________________________ OhReary's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

100 bucks? You got ripped.
    I upgraded mine for 15 dollars.
    Anyways i like the interface. The only thing i hate is my hardware is pretty outdated so some of
    my drivers don't install properly.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    And only a fool would spend that much money for the product you can get for free.
    How are people fools for legitimately buying copies of Windows 8 or anything else? If not for them, people like yourself wouldn't have software to pirate so easily. In a way, you should actually be grateful.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by lubricati0n View Post
    How are people fools for legitimately buying copies of Windows 8 or anything else? If not for them, people like yourself wouldn't have software to pirate so easily. In a way, you should actually be grateful.
    It was meant in my context not you people's.

I do buy legitimate software as long as I can afford them.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Uh-oh, this is now a Jack Sparrow thread. :rofl:

I did not stole it. I just use it.

You are so right, converting 100 bucks into my currency is like Rs 8,900 which is a great sum. And again, you cannot just buy the OS at that price, all those taxes, shipping, and other charges will make the cost triple means around 300 bucks.

You do know that NB hosts copy righted material, right? Naruto Anime is copyrighted material of TV Tokyo, the manga belongs to Kishi and Jump Comics. NB hosts torrents and free downloads which actually is illegal.

Windows being a popular OS in the market is also because there are pirated versions easily available in the internet. I agree piracy needs to be stopped but then again I know the reality that it won't. Yeah encouraging piracy is wrong but that is the only way to enjoy new releases of software.
    Actually, all the stuff here on NB is legal. You see, it's one giant ad for Naruto. It's hard to explain how this works, but in a way Kishi is making more money off this site than a lot of other things. If it wasn't something he liked, if he didn't like his manga being out there for free, then he'd take it down...but why would he remove one of his greatest advertisements? Everything that's sold that has anything to do with Naruto, he gets a piece of. That means toys, costumes etc. Now if this was just something hidden away like some piracy thing, then he wouldn't like that at all, but as it stands, things like this site are what's making him all his money.

Quote Originally Posted by OhReary View Post
    100 bucks? You got ripped.
    I upgraded mine for 15 dollars.
    Anyways i like the interface. The only thing i hate is my hardware is pretty outdated so some of
    my drivers don't install properly.
    I didn't buy it. The price is low right now since they're just wanting to get it out there and have people test it for them and find bugs. Also, that's the upgrade price too. When I switch OS, I build a new computer...there's no point in not doing so since a computer really only lasts for 3-6 years...it's not like a car.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Actually, all the stuff here on NB is legal. You see, it's one giant ad for Naruto. It's hard to explain how this works, but in a way Kishi is making more money off this site than a lot of other things. If it wasn't something he liked, if he didn't like his manga being out there for free, then he'd take it down...but why would he remove one of his greatest advertisements? Everything that's sold that has anything to do with Naruto, he gets a piece of. That means toys, costumes etc. Now if this was just something hidden away like some piracy thing, then he wouldn't like that at all, but as it stands, things like this site are what's making him all his money.
    You have no idea what I was talking about above there. Advertisement is one thing but NB is not advertising. You don't call it advertisement when you have the whole product for free in a site.

In order to host a product, in this case manga and anime, the site needs to have copyright papers/documents from the owner. Viz Media holds such rights from TV Tokyo and Jump Comics. There are other sites such as Crunchyroll that are official ones but in these sites you have to pay certain charges in order to watch anime or read manga. Generally, the official sites offer anime and manga only when you pay certain amount of charges.

I am not complaining. I love this site. However the sales of DVDs and Manga volumes decreases drastically because of sites like NB that hosts anime and manga for free. What is more you can download high quality and save it to a hard disk. That is why people won't bother to buy DVDs and manga volumes when they are released in the market. A great loss for the producers and mangaka. SO I don't call it advertising.

P.S I have this feeling that the thread will be closed pretty soon since we talk about negative aspects of NB. So let me say something before it will be closed. It is because of sites like NB, people like me get chance to enjoy such a great anime and manga. The DVDs and manga volumes are barely available in my country. If you order in online then the cost will be like four times and will not be affordable. Those DVDs that are available in shops are affordable but like I said they are very rare. And most of the time, they do not offer new releases.

I am really glad that there are sites like NB out here.

At OT: Windows 8 does have some cool applications. i am enjoying them right now. :D

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was meant in my context not you people's.

I do buy legitimate software as long as I can afford them.
    lmao, honestly I find that quite hard to believe. Windows 8 being $100 is nothing, a lot of software is priced around that.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by lubricati0n View Post
    lmao, honestly I find that quite hard to believe. Windows 8 being $100 is nothing, a lot of software is priced around that.
    Hmm....seems like you did not read my previous posts...Let me say it again. I would have bought it if it would cost only 100 bucks in here as well. But in reality, it would cost around $300 to $320....because they would add the tax, other government charges, shipping charges, profit and all.....I bet it would cost no less than 400 bucks when it will be available here means around Rs 35,600 when converted in my currency which is great sum. You could get a laptop with good configuration with that amount. So it's not a wise idea to spend that much amount for OS. If you order it online then it would cost even more. Blame all this to the government of my country.

P.S There is a whole world outside the pond.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I need to download this now.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmm....seems like you did not read my previous posts...Let me say it again. I would have bought it if it would cost only 100 bucks in here as well. But in reality, it would cost around $300 to $320....because they would add the tax, other government charges, shipping charges, profit and all.....I bet it would cost no less than 400 bucks when it will be available here means around Rs 35,600 when converted in my currency which is great sum. You could get a laptop with good configuration with that amount. So it's not a wise idea to spend that much amount for OS. If you order it online then it would cost even more. Blame all this to the government of my country.

P.S There is a whole world outside the pond.
    I understand taxes and all, but how are they going to charge you shipping charges when Windows 8 hits the shelves for your country. Doesn't really make sense

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»