People are like katanas PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Deeper Meaning to Kabuto using Edo Tensei during War Arc

I'm definitely overthinking this, but I think there is some pretty good literay meaning and symbolism going here even if Kishi isn't intending it.

Part of the significance of the War Arc seems to be that Naruto will finally realize the prophecy that the toad sage made for Jiraiya. This means that Naruto will be the shinobi to break the cycle of hate that has dominated the shinobi world. I think when viewing Kabuto using the Edo Tensei to fight against the forces of change to the shinobi system, this has symbolic significance when you think about it in this way. Kabuto is literally summoning the past in order to fight the change in the cycle of hatred. This could symbolize how the past is needed to be overcome in order to enact change in the future.

Another layer of symbolism is how the Edo Tensei summons have been defeated. Many of them have merely had their souls released from the ET from immense feelings evoked from their previous bonds. I think this is important to the symbolism because it shows the importance of how it is the past should be overcome. I think this shows that in some cases the past merely needs to be let go of and forgiven. I also think that the ET summons who are defeated by sealing could symbolize those aspects of the past which can not be forgiven, but must be worked out in the present.

tl;dr I think the overall significance of the ET being used to fight the Allied Shinobi forces is that in order to break the cycle of hatred the present needs to interact with the past in some meaningful way, and that the ET summons symbolize how the past interferes with the present to prevent people from moving on and creating a new world.

Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; 11-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#

Re: Deeper Meaning to Kabuto using Edo Tensei during War Arc

Sure, why not.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A scared world needs a
    Fearless Church"

, interesting. i like you kid. welcome to base

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
    I'm definitely overthinking this, but I think there is some pretty good literay meaning and symbolism going here even if Kishi isn't intending it.

Part of the significance of the War Arc seems to be that Naruto will finally realize the prophecy that the toad sage made for Jiraiya. This means that Naruto will be the shinobi to break the cycle of hate that has dominated the shinobi world. I think when viewing Kabuto using the Edo Tensei to fight against the forces of change to the shinobi system, this has symbolic significance when you think about it in this way. Kabuto is literally summoning the past in order to fight the change in the cycle of hatred. This could symbolize how the past is needed to be overcome in order to enact change in the future.

Another layer of symbolism is how the Edo Tensei summons have been defeated. Many of them have merely had their souls released from the ET from immense feelings evoked from their previous bonds. I think this is important to the symbolism because it shows the importance of how it is the past should be overcome. I think this shows that in some cases the past merely needs to be let go of and forgiven. I also think that the ET summons who are defeated by sealing could symbolize those aspects of the past which can not be forgiven, but must be worked out in the present.

tl;dr I think the overall significance of the ET being used to fight the Allied Shinobi forces is that in order to break the cycle of hatred the present needs to interact with the past in some meaningful way, and that the ET summons symbolize how the past interferes with the present to prevent people from moving on and creating a new world.
    Incredible! Great analogy, also great way of portraying the connections of symbolism to Naruto. Amazing!

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A scared world needs a
    Fearless Church"

you should be an English teacher.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking again? There's
    nothing wrong with thinking.
    But you're smart enough, so
    why not just solve the
    problem?

Great analogy *****

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by shanee View Post
    you should be an English teacher.
    I'm actually a philosophy major, but I loved english back in high school. :D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sup

I love your thinking nice

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it is that the newer generation is better then the new. Also that the past generations were in deception. They were tricked lied etc.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa555 View Post
    I think it is that the newer generation is better then the new. Also that the past generations were in deception. They were tricked lied etc.
    I agree. This probably has something to do with learning the mistakes of our predecessors but that's so obvious it's almost not even worth mentioning. Honestly it seems like Naruto is the only reason this sort of all inclusive shinobi world view became popular throughout all the villages. The will of fire existed since Hashirama, but it was only when Gaara and Tsunade were influenced by Naruto that it spilled into thinking about other villages.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sup

Yea i see naruto was able to make friends from people outside his village to spark the world alliance