Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»
    Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

Re: [Water with Akihiko]

Nothing happened for a moment, then a watery substance began to form around Tsuki's arm, eventually shaping itself into a nice and steady shield.
    Akihiko nodded earnestly, pleased with the results as he observed the watery shield that Tsuki held on.
    "It's pretty solid," he commented, tapping a hand against the base of the shield. "So, with such an amazing dragon-slayer shield, what kind of moves do you think it can block?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Dragyzophobia #Akashaphilia

Waiting for his sensei's reply, Tsuki keeps on standing in his place.
    Akihiko checks if the shield is solid enough by tapping on it then asks his student a question.

"Hm, it can probably block fire and wind elements which are from the same rank as the dragon slayer shield's rank", Tsuki replied in a pensive manner.
    "It could also block earth techniques from the same level since we made sure to keep the water solidified, that would prevent the earth from sucking the water."

The student then kept silent for a while until he remembered, "Oh! However it won't be able to block lightning attacks since water is a conductor of electricity, that would affect the shield's user immediately since he would be in contact with that water shield."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

"Yes," Akihiko emphasized. "DO NOT use this to block Lightning. Otherwise, you have once again done a great job!
    Now, do you remember when you first used Water and caused Waves to come up?
    Proceed to do that once again, but much like the Sword concept, form a shark this time and aim it towards my clone."

( Suiton: Junsai no Jutsu ) - Water Release: Water Shield Technique
    Type: Supplementary, Defence
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user will manipulate their water chakra and releasing it from their arm which is held outwards infront of them and they then create a shield of water that can aide in defence against projectile weapons and close combat techniques.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"Ah yes, I do remember that :D"

I nodded back after he told me what to do and then crouched again to get myself in the correct position to perform the technique.

This time, Tsuki had to give it the shape of a shark and then aim it towards the clone. "That means it's kind of a combination of the 1st technique I tried with sensei and the sword technique...", the student thought. "...so I'll have to keep its shape while moving it around aswell".

He concentrates, turning his chakra into suiton chakra. The student then focuses some of the suiton chakra he has to his hands and places them delicately on the surface of the river.

Then comes the shape, last time it was a sword and a shield, this time it was something more complicated: a shark.
    "A shark looks like..." he starts shaping his chakra enhanced water (under the water) in the form of a fish, then attempting to make it bigger, it gets deformed, "...nah".

He re-imagines how sharks looks like and manages to reshape it like that. The main purpose of a water shark should be the one of damaging, so Tsuki starts concentrating more on detailing the teeths, making them as sharp as possible.

When he succeeded in forming it as he wanted it to be, the student then tried to remember how he performed that splash back then.
    He decides to calmly bring more of his chakra to his palms, when there was a good amount of it, he started to release it quickly and with a good amount of force trying to move the shark who was underwater, which didn't work very well and the shark started loosing some of his form.

The shark should be able to move his body parts, so the student made his body less dense but keeping it hard so it won't break either. After a couple of attempts, he manages to make the shark move to different directions.
    Now it's the time for the next step.

Concentrating on the clone's location and having tamed a good amount of water, Tsuki give a chakra burst to the water and manages to manipulate the water as he did the first time so it would make a huge splash in the clone's location. Off course, it mainly was for helping the shark to move upwards towards his target.

Making the shark move faster and with the help of the student's chakra burst, the shark suddenly jumps out of the river with a wide opened mouth and then bites the clone.

Holding his teeth tightly together, the shark then falls back again to the river.

The surrounding water gets influenced by that attack and starts by splashing in many places around where the shark fell down.

Last edited by Tsūki; 11-05-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

His eyebrows furrowed in deep concentration, the water around Tsuki began to rush to his hand, eventually forming itself into a very large shark.
    With a sudden explosion, it rose into the air, its mouth open wide, clamping down upon Akihiko's clone as it fell back into the water, dissipating itself back into water.
    The clone was gone, of course, having been turned into smoke from such a deadly move.
    A big grin was plastered across Akihiko's face as he nodded, extremely satisfied with his student's efforts. "Let's go over this jutsu a bit if you don't mind," he stated. "There are several important things in water, one of it being pressure in the water.
    What was so devastating about such a huge mass of water crashing onto my clone? What would be the impact on the surrounding water, an actual human body, and the power of the water itself?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

After that the technique was performed, Tsuki stand up again and listens Akihiko telling him about water and then asking him to tell some more.
    "Ah, I'm really sorry, I don't know much about these things but I'll say what I know :ghehe:

Such a huge mass of water can put an immense amount of weight to your clone, making him drown.
    We also know how we human being cannot go deep down the sea because the deeper you go the more water pressure there is.
    That alone can actually kill you

It will make the the surrounding water move in such a way that it will makes a huge splash after we take away the water. This is because the water suddenly leaves the river, and the rest of the water will fill in the empty 'spaces'.

When that mass of water falls back to the river it will also make a huge splash but will also form waves.

At the beginning, the waves themselves aren't dangerous in particular, but when they build up, they can form something devastating like a tsunami that can actually destroy entire villages. If in an ocean it will also drag with it the ppl swimming in shores since the water on the shores gets easily 'absorbed' in order to fill up the empty space in the water (since water is building up as waves).

That's everything I know.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

"Don't worry, ah, Urahara-san!" Akihiko said, chuckling. "We all learn!
    You are correct in stating that the deeper we go in the ocean, the deeper the pressure would be, thus, it would alone crush us if we dived too deep. Water is heavy, despite the fact we use it every day, and a huge mass of it would be enough to kill any living human, take for example tsunamis and hurricanes alone, as you stated yourself.
    Let's also discuss splashes in the water as well, particularly in a battle manner. When huge splashes happen, it often times draws our attention to them as there are two major aspects to it.
    A huge wave would cause a lot of sound and also blocks vision of you. Why are these two things so important in battle?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

o_o you don't use that smiley... only I can !
    I think you are the 12th person in NB to use it <.<

Blocking your opponents vision would allow you to evade, hide, or do something without them noticing.

If you also make enough noise with that technique, then your opponent won't be able to hear where you're going.
    That would make it easier to do what you want to.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

It's Uruhara, haha. xD
    ---
    "Excellent response," Akihiko replied. "You've done a great job thus far, and please keep those concepts in mind.
    Now, I have several questions and discussions for you.
    Firstly, do you know Raiton yet?
    And secondly, what do you know of handseals in battle and how they affect your jutsus and timing?"

(Suiton: Suikōtoppa) – Water Release: Water Shark Breakthrough
    Type: Attack
    Range: short
    Chakra cost 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user will create a water shark to jump into the air and bolt towards the opponent, striking them.
    Note: Requires a water source.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"I've recently started raiton training, but I haven't learned anything that requires seals yet =/
    There were only some techniques I had to perform in order to get accustomed to lightning by channelling chakra outside of my body...
    Why do you ask?

Hm, when it comes to handseals, I know that there are 12 basic hand seals but there are also others which are normally used for some forbidden techniques, clan techniques or kekkei genkais.

Normally you'll be doing some handseals and mold your chakra in order to perform a technique. That will take you a couple of seconds to do so that's the reason why samurai's cannot use ninjutsu (since they are always using swords).

So during a battle, you'll have to perform the handseals beforehand."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

"Good response, but let's emphasize a bit. If you're mastered a jutsu fairly well, you can perform it using less handseals than the required (for example, mastery of the Chidori only requires you to form the Ox handseal).
    Furthermore, say that your opponent has a jutsu that requires five handseals, but yours' requires only two. How would this affect the jutsus in battle?"

(Asked you cause this next jutsu needs Raiton and you know that Water and Lightning come together very well.)

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"Use less handseals? I didn't know about that o_o that sounds cool :D

In that case, the jutsu that only requires 2 handseals will be performed earlier than the one requiring 5.
    That would make it advantageous for the one who uses less handseals.

But the one who would take more time for his techniques might still be able to defend themselves but that would prevent them from attacking." =/

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

"Excellent response," Akihiko responded. "I do hope you keep these in mind."
    Walking back onto the ground, he waved Tsuki over towards the dry grass. After performing the handseals of Rat → Dog → Ox, he held out his right hand, curling it in such a way so that a watery rope appeared within it, expanding several meters long.
    "Much like the shield and sword concept earlier," he explained. "Proceed to hold out your hand and create a whip of water within your hand. It should work just like any regular rope.
    Once you have done so, tell me how you think you can use this and what the effect would be if you can stream Raiton through it while striking an opponent."

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihiko walks away from the river towards the dry grass and so does Tsuki after seeing his sensei waving at him. Tsuki then attentively observers the handseals his sensei was doing.

They were just 3 handseals that were easy to remember: Rat → Dog → Ox
    The student then sees a watery rope appearing which his sensei was holding,

Akihiko told his student to perform the same technique and then explain a couple of things about.
    That lead Tsuki to get started immediately... he started by doing the Rat, Dog and Ox handseals and then took the same position his teacher had.

Concentrating his chakra was no problem now, so he formed the suiton chakra and then used some of it towards his hands.
    "It would be easier than the sword since it doesn't have to stay solid" he thought, "but I would still have to keep them clinged together"

"hm..." Tsuki starts by thinking of the way he formed the sword back then, he starts by pouring out of his held out hand some suiton chakra which was forming to a stick.

"The chakra in there is too dense...", he noticed, "I'll have to keep it solid but at the same time allow the water's molecules to roam freely wherever they want".
    He concentrates and keeps on trying until he manages to make the suiton enhanced chakra to form water which kept stable but wasn't that dense.

Then slowly, extending his chakra in order to reach the edge of the rope and then making sure to make it cling to its end, he manages to prolong the rope like that.

Easily enough, he managed to get used to it, specially after having made that sword, shield and shark out of water element.
    When the student was convinced that he did it correctly he then decided to reply to his teacher's questions:

"The way I could use this is by flailing it at my opponent, causing damage maybe tying him up? :shrug:
    I think I could also use it as a tool for evading from my oppoents attack while in mid air, by using it to get grip of a tree or an object nearby that could allow me to move to another location while in mid air.

If we stream raiton through it while striking an opponent, it would most probably increase the damage but can also turn your opponent numb.
    That would be better when we are attemting to capture him or trying to evade because that would slow him.

m... I don't know if it works like that but since we already are streaming lightning then maybe the opponent won't be albe to hurt us if he/she tries to shoot a lightning technique at the water rope we are holding."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

If you think that's a wall of text, look at my bio tests. xD Also, not sure how to use the "restore content" thing either. I've lost A LOT in the past.
    ---
    "Think of it like you're holding a regular rope," Akihiko replied, observing the rope Tsuki had just created. "Notice the length of it and how you can utilize it like a weapon.
    By gripping it tightly with your right hand, you can lash out at your opponent with this, doing massive damage if you target certain areas of their body. Considering that the rope is rather long, you can easily go up to mid range with this and tie people up with it.
    Think of the centripetal force - if you whip a string around a can or bottle, it would wind itself around it."
    He held up his own rope, discharging a wave of Lightning through it, lighting up the rope temporarily. "What other effects might Raiton have besides numbing your opponent?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the 3rd time that this "restore content" thingy saves my life :ghehe:

"Besides numbing your opponent, i beleve you can make the attack reach from a longer distance since the air (in most of the cases) contains water. So what you can do is to try manipulating the lightning, guiding it towards his opponent.
    Else, I honestly cannot come up with another explanation :ghehe: I really don't know much except the fact that water can help the lightning to become greater

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

"Well, because water is a natural insulator, as you said, it would also allow the Lightning to shock your opponent in great amounts or also paralyze him, depending on where it is aimed. Do you know how fast the Lightning might travel through your rope to reach the end of it?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"Its speed must be amazing, probably around 50-4000km per second? Not sure but as far as I know, the speed of lightning was between these 2 numbers.

So that would pretty much say that it only takes a blink of an eye for the lightning to travel from the beggining to the end of the rope"

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

Akihiko nodded his approval at Tsuki's words. “I dearly hope you keep everything you've learned in mind.
    Well then, let us move on!
    Next, I would like you to focus your chakra internally. This is rather rare for the Suiton element, so grasp the concept first. Then when you push your Suiton chakra into your mouth, add to it another wave of Chakra to make it sticky. Once you build up enough pressure in your mouth, release upon the ground before us to create a sticky lake."

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsuki decides to start by repeating what he did at the beggining of his training. It would probably be the best way to focus his chakra internally, he thought.

He starts concentrating by calming down, he closes his eyes and tries to notice and feel the water.

Breathing deeply and calmly, he replicated the feeling of water flow within his own chakra, letting this chakra flow calmly and softly wherever it pleases, allowing it to change direction whenever it wants to turning my chakra into suiton.

Then focusing his chakra internally, he starts to push some of his suiton chakra from the center of his body to his mouth holding it there, he also takes a deep breath while doing this.

When that's done, Tsuki sends another wave of chakra from his body towards his mouth making the chakra he was already holding there sticky.

Now he had to concentrate on adding up more pressure so that the technique would work properly, so the student started focusing on somehow 'compressing' the 2 waves of chakra he had assembled together. He keeps on focusing until he notices that he has built up enough pressure.

When Tsuki was satisfied with the pressure, he decided to release it, targeting the ground in front of him and Akihiko sensei forming a sticky late.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

The ground before Akihiko suddenly became foggy as a slow moving lake of water splashed into existence before him. He took a few steps back, not wanting to dirty his shoes on the lake.
    "Excellent job!" he called to Tsuki. "Now, this may seem like a really straightforward jutsu, but I'd like you to learn a new concept with it too, called zoning. Originally a term from a game that I play a lot, it basically means manipulating or forcing your opponent to go where you want to. For example, a jutsu from the sky like Lightning Fang would keep them from going into the air to use jutsus there, and a move such as Swamp of the Underland would prevent them from staying on the ground. Lastly, something that is very dangerous close range, such as Lightning Plasma Barrier would discourage them from getting near you to use Taijutsu or such.
    So how might this interconnect with your stick lake?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"Zoning, this is even more awesome than I thought", Tsuki replied. "I can see how useful such a technique could be.

Not only could it be used to force our enemies to go where we want, it can also immobilize them, which would be useful sometimes.
    I can see this really going well with a lightning technique added to it :zonder:

The stick lake could be used in the same way by releasing it on lakes and other watery areas in which we would be fighting out opponents in. If we want our opponent to get away from the water then this could be useful.

Last edited by Tsūki; 11-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

Akihiko nodded in approval of Tsuki's words as he dug into his cloak (oh, so many useful things within it!), taking out a mirror.
    After handing it to a rather surprised Tsuki, he motioned for the student to look into the glass. "Focus on your own image," Akihiko said. "Make sure you know every single part of your face and body. Form that chakra into that image of yourself and turn it into a solid shape while doing so. This will be your first Water Clone. Remember to maintain control of the chakra."

(Suiton: Mizuame Nababara) - Water Style: Starch Syrup Capture Field
    Range: Short/Long
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user After performing the required hand seals Ram → Tiger spits out high-viscosity, chakra infused water, aimed at a surface of wide scope. This is a stream of sticky liquid which can be used to form an adhesive trap that can inhibit a person's mobility. One can effectively reduce their enemy's area of activity with this technique, and has the effect of being able to take complete control over the battlefield. The normal scope of this technique is normally just a few metres, but if prepared, it is also possible to make an entire pond of starch syrup. Being caught in the technique can be avoided by channelling chakra to one's feet allowing one to walk upon it uninhibited, beforehand.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihiko hands a mirror to Tsuki who seems surprised "eh.. what? A mirror?"

He looks at the mirror and looks at his own image in the mirror. Akihiko sensei then tells him what he has to do next, so that made more sense why he handed the mirror to the student.

Tsuki then starts staring at himself in the mirror, giving a flirting smirk "Mirror mirror on the wall, who the handsomest of them all?"
    (stop joking xD) He starts by attentively examining his face and how it looks like also turning his head to the right and left to see the sides of his face/head. He then looks at how his entire body looks like and tries to remember it, it wasn't so difficult because he has seen himself in a mirror many times before.

Now Tsuki had to make a water clone of himself, so he started by using his suiton chakra outwardly and concentrated on shaping it in the form of a human of his size. After that, some of the body's features and clothes while fixing the shape of it aswell.

And finally he spend a bit more time to get the facial features correctly as his own, now, Tsuki had a waterclone of himself. standing in front of him.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    我是誰?

(I can imagine Urahara getting a mirror and going "oh, I'm so sexy!" )
    ---
    "Hey, look who it is!" Akihiko exclaimed in excitement as a twin of Tsuki suddenly pops next to him. "Tsuki number two! !"
    He observed the clone, tapping it on the shoulder to ensure that it was good material.
    "Alright, so clones can be used in many, many ways. BEGIN BY WRITING ON THIS BOARD AS MANY AS YOU CAN THINK OF!" He whipped out a marker and a whiteboard, tossing it to Tsuki.

Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»