Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a spar [Closed].

Go ahead and start.
    I have no customs and I have no wish to revive the ones I had.
    Guess I'll just use my Shikamaru bio.

Feel free to pick a setting. Mid range, alright?

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Just a spar [Closed].

No customs fight, excellent. I'll use my Mystogan bio. As for setting, let's go with an island surrounded by water (as most islands are). The island itself, there are no trees and it's long-range long and wide. I'm fine with mid.

Holding his fan-headed staff with his other four on his back, Mystogan looks over to his opponent, and subtley makes a single handseal with both his hands sill hanging down in front of him.
    Mystogan: Greetings, sir. And we are?
    As Mystogan talks, his opponent begins to feel a snake slithering up his body, winding its way around him, and then tightening its body as the snake's mouth hovers next to the man's left ear, hissing. Then, as his opponent is in his genjutsu, Mystogan causes mud to fall from the sky onto his opponent, trapping and suffocating him.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't quite catch that...
    ( Genjutsu: Oshitsubusu Hebi Kubire ) - Illusion Technique: Crushing Snake Constriction
    Type: Offensive, Supplementary
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage points: 40
    Description: The user puts the opponent into a genjutsu which has snakes appear beneath the opponent to constrict them and with the users command, they crush the opponent. In reality, the opponent is immobilized and takes damage due to the stress on his mind.

(Doton: Nentsuchi Otoshi) – Earth Release: Sticky Earth Drop
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short – Mid
    Chakra cost: 20
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user creates an opening within the sky, which drips down onto the opponent a large amount of mud, covering them. It’s normally followed up by Lightning release: sixteen pillar bind to create a giant oven around the opponent and then using Fire release: Firing biscuit technique to ignite the oven, hardening the mud and immobilizing the enemy target.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't too sure where I was. Or how I had found myself here. Days usually passed without meaning these days, leaving me with a somewhat melancholy feeling, and time no longer held any concept for me. It was pretty terrible, to be honest - Asuma wouldn't have liked it.
    I was probably watching the clouds before this happened. I always was.
    I don't really remember.
    Nor did I care to.
    All I knew now was that I stood in front of someone rather hostile looking, and it occurred to me that he would probably make a move soon.
    "Greetings, sir," my opponent spoke. His voice struck me as someone reserved, yet awfully deadly, and it didn't fail to leave me with chills running down my spine. "And we are...?"
    "And we are...?" I repeated his words in a toneless voice, not quite registering what he had said or what he had implied within them. All I felt was something creeping around me, and with a shock of realization, I saw a snake began winding its body around me in an aggressive manner.
    Several things flashed through my mind at once, the first being that I knew no one but Orochimaru and Kabuto, who had possession of snakes. Secondly, this opponent had never seemed to summon anything before the battle even began...
    It was no doubt an illusion, one that was beginning to take hold fast.
    I quickly bit my tongue, hard enough so that the taste of bitter blood flowed into my mouth. As I grimaced in collective pain, I realized that I had been freed from the illusion, but the danger was not over any time soon.
    The sky had turned an icky color, one that reminded me oddly of the ANBUs that had attacked when Pein had infiltrated the village. Too late to run and escape the wide diameter, I thought of the quickest way to escape.
    Rushing chakra burned throughout my body as I drew out a smoke bomb with one hand, tossing it down before me so that it masked my presence as I began to burrow underground.
    (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

As I sank into the ground at a rapid speed, I felt the heavy mud collide several dozen feet above my head, indicating my narrow escape as I was forced to use only my senses to dig through the earth.
    I sighed again. I really didn't know how I got into this situation or why I was here.
    And it was getting real troublesome.
    I easily sensed my opponent standing upon the ground, no doubt looking for my current location. Wishing to play safe for now until I had further knowledge on who I was battling, I dug my way towards the end of the island, into long range. Emerging quickly, I had but one handseal at ready, quickly creating three clones.
    (Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shadow Clone Technique
    Type:Supplementary
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:20
    Damage Points:N/A
    Description: The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained is passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones. Upon impact, the clone can be dispersed.

As they came to life, I soundlessly ordered one to use my favorite jutsu as I slipped my hand into my ninja tools.
    My hands ran over the rough, yet sharp handle of Asuma's old chakra blades. They always provided me comfort in the most toughest of times, a kind of calmness that I could find nowhere else. I slowly began channeling chakra within them as the clouds above me thundered.
    (Suiton: Ukojizai no Jutsu) - Water Style: Rain Tiger at Will Technique
    Range: Short-Long
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: A perception ninjutsu, allowing one to freely manipulate rain infused with the user's own chakra after waving the Bird → Rat → Ox → Monkey → Rat → Snake hand seals. The rain falls from rain clouds, formed with the users own chakra. During this technique, the falling raindrops are closely linked to the users senses. When the rain is obstructed by a chakra belonging to someone the existence of the target can be detected. The rain will keep on falling until the user uses the seal to cancel it.

It was nostalgic, at the very least.
    And I couldn't even begin to explain why.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Above Mystogan's head, storm clouds brewed and rain began to fall on him. The scene reminded him of his childhood in the Land of Demons, where storms occured nearly every day. However, his home was high in the mountains, not here on an island! Feeling his multiple layers of clothing slowly becoming dampened and soaked, Mystogan thinks to himself,
    He must be somewhere...
    Deciding that the rain was too annoying, Mystogan focused chakra into the sky above, mixing his chakra with the already-made dark clouds, shortening the time delay of his jutsu, bringing down a tornado over the water. The great winds not only provide Mystogan with a greater sense of his old home in Minas Morgal, but also clear the sky of clouds, and thus the air of rain. Clutching his staff, he had to force himself to remember that he had a replacement; so much nostalgia made Mystogan think, for a moment, that the staff he held was the one his father had given him, when it was one of the five replacements he himself had crafted. Looking around, he eventually found his opponent on the barren island, side-by-side with three other people looking just like him.

Clones... How annoying.
    Swinging his fan-staff across his body, Mystogan sent forwards a net of wind in attempts to push his opponents into the water and hopefully dispell a clone or two. After sending the net of wind, Mystogan then makes one handseal to cause the ground under his opponents' feet to be drawn towards a pit approximately half-way between the group of four and himself, drawing his opponents into his wind net.
    Were you mocking me? I was just asking your name, kid, no need to get lippy.
    (Fūton: Tatsuno Ooshigoto) - Wind Style: Severing Pressure
    Type:Attack
    Range:Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost:30
    Damage Points:60
    Description: The user sends wind into the sky to darken the clouds and make the environment stormy. These clouds will create a cutting tornado that comes down as a F-5 tornado with slicing wind.

(Fūton: Kakeami no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Cast Net Technique
    Type: Offensive, Supplementary
    Range: Short - Long
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: The user using a giant folding fan or giant fan will swing it towards the enemy summoning a gust of wind that then takes the form of a net and slices through the opponent. A standard user can perform this technique by using a sequence of 5 hand seals.

(Doton: Arijigoku no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Antlion Technique
    Type: Offense
    Range: Mid/Long
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Points: 40
    Description: The user performs the Ram hand seal and causes causes the ground and everything on and around it to be sucked in towards the middle of a large pit, much like the method an antlion uses to catch prey. Upon being dragged to the centre, the victim will then be sucked underground. There the victim, depending on how deep the user makes them sink, will be trapped and/or suffocated. The range of the pit is determined by how much chakra is put into the technique.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

The peace didn't last long.
    It had been calm for only a moment, reminding me of the day that Asuma died, that very moment when time stopped for me. All I had heard was the rain, falling ominously.
    Drip...drip...drip...
    Every drop, every second...they said that when death is near, it is only then that you can see everything more clearly. Each and every detail, the quiet footsteps as one struggled over sanity.
    I felt my chakra being manipulated, overcome by a foreign one, whipping up some dangerous move that was no doubt coming. Seconds later, my predictions were confirmed as a violent tornado appeared before me, gathering within it the water from the rain and my opponent's own wind. (Because it is only short to mid range, it does not affect me, but merely cover up the distance and blocks our vision from one another.)
    The clouds were beginning to be scattered, rendering my jutsu useless, but I also realized at this moment, my opponent could not see me.
    I immediately gave directions to my clones, guiding them silently, yet strictly. I knew the movements. I could see them connecting so many times like my old Shogi games with Asuma. The goal was the king.
    It was always the king.
    One clone began dashing from the right of me, holding within his hands several shurikens. I watched him slowly fade into nonexistence as he began running in a wide arc around the form of the island. His footsteps were quiet, and well calculated.
    (Meisaigakure no Jutsu) - Hiding with Camouflage Technique
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn active)
    Description: This is a ninja escape technique that allows the user after performing the Tiger hand seal to control how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. The technique also erases the user's scent and shadow, and is usable on any terrain, making it ideal not only for covert maneuvers but also offensive strikes. Perceiving the user's position is possible only for ninja who are astute enough to observe minute variations within their surrounding environment, such as distortions of air currents in the immediate vicinity or distinguishing sounds, i.e. footsteps etc. However, the usefulness of this ability can be entirely negated by those with special vision or sensory skills. The Second Tsuchikage, Mū's mastery of this technique helped earn him the moniker "Non-Person" seemingly having neither form nor chakra while the technique was active. Thus, he could not be sensed through traditional means.
    Note: Technique lasts a total of 3 turns

As the tornado faded away, I saw my opponent forming several new handseals. I could see his lips moving from where I was...
    "Clones...how annoying." His words were short, but distinct.
    I allowed myself a tiny smile, almost comparing the battlefield to a mere game of Shogi. Outplaying opponents were the exact level of delight I found every time I beat Asuma.
    It lasted just a moment, but was simple, yet deliberate.
    The wind began to gather once more. I heard it this time, rather than felt it. It was even more violent now, it's sharp resonance beating against the air, and the handsigns finished to become something familiar. A wide net of wind was now rushing at me, scraping and slicing against one another.
    Despite being awfully cold from the rain, I had no choice but to recall the feeling of warmth, gathering my chakra to swiftly counter the wind rushing at me. The power built within me as I formed a single handsign (horse), then just as the net came close to mid-long range, I expelled it all at once. (You took five handseals, I took one. Your jutsu also took time to travel.)
    (Katon: Gōka Mekkyaku) - Fire release: Great Fire Majestic Annihilation
    Type: Offensive
    Chakra cost: 40
    Damage points: 80
    Description: A technique where the user makes the horse hand seal and then the user kneads chakra inside the body is converted into fire, and then expelled from the mouth in a massive wall of intense flames, which covers an expansive range in both vertical and horizontal dimensions, making it extremely difficult to avoid.

It easily overcame the wind, swallowing it up like a water flowing into a deep cliff, then continued onward to my opponent. I squinted my eyes at the brilliance of the fire, a major contrast to the gloomy rain that had been there only seconds ago. It easily overwhelmed the island, traveling in a huge wall towards my unknown enemy.
    My invisible clone followed the fire, just on the borders of it, making sure he was safe, yet undetected. (He is running directly behind the fire, and because he was invisible before the tornado cleared away, your antlion jutsu would be unable to catch him due to the fact that it was aimed directly at my spot and he already had a running start.)
    However, I realized my opponent had tied this jutsu with another one as the earth began rumbling. Moments later, things began swirling around me, and I realized what my opponent had done.
    Before I could be completely sucked in, I focused energy within me, releasing it in a violent, yet swift burst into the ground.
    (Raiton: Chidori Nagashi) - Lightning Release: One Thousand Birds Current
    Type: Offense/Defence
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra Cost: 30
    Damage Points: 60
    Description: This jutsu allows the user to generate non-focused electrically charged chakra from their body. Because the electricity isn't focused, it doesn't kill on contact, instead it only paralyzes. The lightning can be channelled through metal objects, as well as spread out into the air or ground.

The lightning cut deliberately through the moving earth, and it stopped, leaving my two clones and I to crawl out of it. I dusted my shirt off, sighing.
    This battle was really beginning to take its toll on me.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I knew the tornado wouldn't hurt you; I never intended it to. And because my staff is approved to have fan-like qualities, and fan jutsu can be used through it, the only time needed to be counted there is the travel, not handseals.
    As a great fire comes and consumes Mystogan's fire, he stares blankly at it, knowing the danger such a powerful technique possesses, he quickly weaves several handseals and expels water from his mouth beneath his mask. The water, under the influence of Mystogan's chakra, surrounds him in a large wall, the dense water obscuring his vision, making the world before him distorted and wavy. Then the water left him as the flames consumed it, creating a thick wall of steam around him. Mystogan then coats himself in a swirling vortex of wind, both sucking up (because of Bernoulli's principle and the low pressure zone/vacuum effect) and blowing away (because of the great wind speeds) the rapidly cooling steam, both of which bet rid of it. Mystogan then weaves several handseals after letting the wind armor disappait, sending a blinding flash of light from his body, hoping to blind his opponent to stop a sensless fight.
    You have a chance to change this... I want to know your name! Why? You could say I'm searching for someone
    (Suiton: Suijinheki) - Water Style: Water Encampment Wall
    Type: Defence/Supplementary
    Description: This defensive jutsu creates a wall of water around the user. The user will use the following hand seals to activate the technique Tiger → Snake → Rat → Snake → Tiger. Enemy attacks are completely intercepted by a fence of water blown out from the mouth, and is raised from below with tremendous might. The water is blown out in the form of a circle around the user, and it makes for a defence without openings. It is also possible for the user to control the amount of water and duration at will. Furthermore, because the field of vision is maintained even while defending one can easily go on to the next move, which is a great advantage. The wall can also be formed from a pre-existing water source.

(Futon: Kazekama no Yori) - Wind Release: Wind Sickle Armor
    Type: Offensive, supplementary
    Chakra cost: 20 (+10 per turn activated)
    Damage points: (40 if opponent comes into direct contact)
    Description: Temari will manipulate her wind chakra and create a armor of cutting wind to spin around her body. The armor itself has the capability to deflect incoming projectiles and weapons aswell as being capable of fending off taijutsu based attacks and causing damage to enemies who come into direct contact with the wind.
    Note: Technique lasts for 3 turns

(Raigen Raikochu) – Lightning Illusion Flash of Lightning Pillar
    Type: Supplementaty
    Chakra cost: 40
    Description: After performing the following handseals Ram → Horse → Snake → Tiger the user will then create a blinding light that appears to emanate from the users body and blind the target/s.

I'm sorry... I need to get better at Role-Playing as my character, having a backstory, being able to convey all of this stuff, etc. I'm sorry if this seems like one of the dull, bone-RP's we were talking about before!

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as I expected.
    I had squatted down in my usual position, my eyes closed, my thoughts wandering across seamless numbers and characters.
    Water.
    Fire.
    Such opposite concepts, like light and dark...evil and good...
    It was without doubt that my opponent would only be using water to first counter the fire.
    I gave silent instructions to my clone, who had followed the fire jutsu to mid range. Almost immediately, the fire before my opponent burst into steam and smoke as he countered it with a short range, yet simple water jutsu.
    My clone paused right before the blurry wave of water and slammed his hand upon the ground, implementing quick, yet efficient earth chakra.
    The area around my opponent dipped rapidly, dragging him downwards about 20 meters into a small 5x5 feet area. The water and steam went downwards with him pertaining to the law of gravity, crushing and suffocating him in the small area.
    (Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: Moving Earth Core
    Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
    Description: The user lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

Following this, my clone ran directly to the edge of the giant hole, (unseen still), expelling a massive wind jutsu into the hole that my opponent fell in. This forced my unknown enemy to stay in the earth crater, and even if he tried to go out, he would not see the move coming as my clone was invisible.
    (Fūton: Shinkūgyoku) – Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short- Mid
    Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Rat → Rabbit → Dog, the user takes a deep breath and exhales several small blasts of wind chakra.in such a manner that they are dispersed over an expansive range, enough to make it difficult to avoid them entirely without taking any damage. Due to the properties of this technique, the expelled blasts are capable of piercing into and potentially through an opponent's flesh when they collide, in a similar manner to how bullets function.

I had stood, my conviction clear, my motives before me. I had already sent my own chakra deep within the earth, calculated to perfection with my clones' crater.
    I calmly formed one handseal, sighing to myself as I did so.
    (Katon: Keshi Makuga Hara) - Fire Release: Exploding Flame Crater
    Type: Offense
    Chakra Cost: 30
    Damage Points: 60
    Description: The user first stomps on the ground, making an underground tunnel form between themselves and the opponent. They then breathe out fire into the tunnel, causing the fire to turn into lava as it travels. With a single hand seal, the lava will erupt from the ground underneath the opponent, engulfing them in lava.

I stood, gazing into the distance, as the area exploded into multiple colors.
    Who was my opponent?
    What did he want?

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

While the water and steam come down into the sudden hole beneath Mystogan's feet, the water quickly floods around him, and he knows that if he doesn't escape soon, he'll drown. As the wind armor, which was churning the water, disappaits, Mystogan creates a burst of water from beneath him to raise himself out of the hole, which he finds is ineffective as some unknown force, distributed through the water, is keeping him bogged down...
    Shit! If I don't get out of here soon, I could...
    By manipulating the water both in the hole and in the ocean nearby, Mystogan creates a large wave, the water from the hole pulling him up with it, Mystogan swimming to stand uptop the crest of wave, and survey his surroundings...

I here-by care no longer who you are... This is war!!
    The wave then falls, consuming everyone seen and hidden in its path towards his visible opponent and his clone. Then, standing on the fan head of his third staff, Mystogan takes to the skys, letting the wave fall and do all it was going to do without him.
    How will you respond, sir...? How....?
    (Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
    Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Damage Points:20
    Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.
    Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.

(Suiton: Kyojin Nami Shougeki) – Water Release: Giant Wave Crash
    Type: Offensive , Deffence
    Description: The user gathers a large amount of water that can then be used to crash into the opponent. It is strong enough to push back Killer bee in Eight tales form.
    Note: Requires a water source

(Futon: Kaze Raidā no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Wind Ryder Technique
    Damage points: 30
    Description: Temari using her Giant folding fan will use her fan to travel on by creating a current of wind allowing her to move around at quick speeds.