Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by PUU View Post
    true. This list was made from more of a career perspective than just this season. If i was just ranking off of this season and not include a QB's past reputation, than some of the players listed in my top 5 wouldn't be on this list.

    I can see why their is doubt with Philip Rivers, he doesn't have the hardware like the other elite QB's do but if you compare numbers, he has some seasons to be included with the players you and I mentioned.

    Hahaha. The problem is that we can't hold a 4th quarter lead to save our lives, plus the Steelers are 0-3 on the road which isn't gonna get the job done if we want to make the playoffs. Add the fact that our defensive key players are injured basically each game and our guys who are supposed to step up in their places are gettin shitted on is a recipe for having a long year.
    The reason rivers will never be "elite" is because he isn't a winner, at the end of the day he'll have some amazing stats, but he isn't a "winner". Dan marino probably was footballs best QB ever, end of the day I still want elway or montana over him in the superbowl, cause they know how to win.

    I agree with the big ben thing, I was gonna put him up there but he just doesn't make top 5, maybe in a different era of football he would, but in the current QB driven NFL he's not as good as some of his competition, he's still one of the best QBs, maybe ever if he can pull out another superbowl or two.

    I hear you on the injuries man, my jets lost the guy who is probably footballs best non-QB player ~_~ and our top offensive weapon(eh, he sucks but he's our best option), is also out for the season, I'm surprised they're 3-3, unless sanchez finally gets over his head-case and plays the way he's shown he might be able to on his best day, new-england is gonna wip out another 45-3 game on our asses.
     
         

  2. #27
    Loves One Piece PUU's Avatar
    Status
    PUU is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DA BURGH
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    My list is taking everything into consideration, there whole careers, including this season thus far.

    Philip Rivers did terrible yusterday against the Broncos, blows a 24 point lead, and 4 pics.

    yeah that does sound like the Steelers are in a bit of a situation, anything can happen though. My Giants for example, we went from losing to the Cowboys in week 1 and everybody doubting us, to back on top with our win over San Fran.
    Yea but I know that you ranked your list more off of their career (especially recent seasons) than this season. If you let this season have a greater influence in making this list than their careers, one would have Matt Ryan in their top 5 QB’s which simply would not be the case if your list ranking the top 5 QB’s was based more on their careers.

    True, he played like some shit but that one game shouldn't be part of someone’s case in determining whether or not he is elite or not. You should know that the QB’s that you and I mentioned has had games of similar production and even worse. Elite QB’s have bad games like that on numerous occasions.

    I hope we can turn it around -_-. Yea you guys turned it around but you have TBH… the Giants are known for having these slow starts then eventually having a winning streak to end the season which barely puts them into the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    The reason rivers will never be "elite" is because he isn't a winner, at the end of the day he'll have some amazing stats, but he isn't a "winner". Dan marino probably was footballs best QB ever, end of the day I still want elway or montana over him in the superbowl, cause they know how to win.

    I agree with the big ben thing, I was gonna put him up there but he just doesn't make top 5, maybe in a different era of football he would, but in the current QB driven NFL he's not as good as some of his competition, he's still one of the best QBs, maybe ever if he can pull out another superbowl or two.

    I hear you on the injuries man, my jets lost the guy who is probably footballs best non-QB player ~_~ and our top offensive weapon(eh, he sucks but he's our best option), is also out for the season, I'm surprised they're 3-3, unless sanchez finally gets over his head-case and plays the way he's shown he might be able to on his best day, new-england is gonna wip out another 45-3 game on our asses.
    I disagree with you in terms of Philip Rivers never being an elite QB because he isn't a winner. As I said earlier all he doesn't have is that Superbowl(s) which the QB’s above him have. I will use Peyton as an example; nobody can tell me that before Peyton won a Superbowl that he wasn't an elite QB (if they do they’re trollin). Peyton was a regular season beast for a number of years but when he entered the post-season he didn't play at the same level which ultimately was the reason why he was ringless. He was already a HOF QB; he just didn't have that ring to cement his legacy. Philip Rivers case is “sort of” similar, Philip Rivers has put together a number of great statistical seasons (maybe not on Peyton’s level but nevertheless still great) but he just doesn't have that ring which if he did there would be no debate that he is an elite QB. As far as the Dan Marino thing, I would take both Elway and Montana over him during playoff time as you said. As far as making that a comparison to Rivers case, that’s kinda unfair being that Rivers has yet to play in a Superbowl and until that happens we don’t know if could finish the job or not (his career isn’t over so the jury is still out). I would say that even if both Elway and Montana are better than Marino (due to the Superbowls), Marino is still considered one of the best QB’s of all-time even without at ring… and if you are one of the best QB’s of all-time you are considered elite. Philip Rivers being an elite QB is debatable which is understandable but imo he is.

    Yea, Big Ben isn’t in my top 5 either but he still is an elite QB. I disagree with you about him not being as good as some of his competition, Big Ben has shown how elite he is on numerous occasions especially with some decent protection he can put up numbers similar/greater than the QB’s I ranked above him. The Steelers offensive line has been notoriously awful in terms giving Big Ben time so he can torch defenses like the other elite QB’s. Now some of his sacks are due because of his style of holding the ball too long to do one of his patented extending the play passes but most of his sacks come from shitty protection. In this season our O-line is doing an exceptional job protecting Big Ben in terms of giving him time and as a result he has thrown 1,467 yards, 10 TD, 2 picks, 64.6% completion percentage, a QBR of 74.9, and a rating of 99.9 in 5 games which are numbers of an elite QB even in this QB driven league. And if he does win another Superbowl (hopefully this year), he will be in my top 5 w/o a doubt.

    Yeah Revis injury was a huge loss man, along with Holmes (even though he was better with the Steelers). TBH I don’t put the whole blame on Sanchez for his lack luster season, I thought it was f*cked up that they brought in Tebow… everybody knows that he will start eventually even if Sanchez was playing good. With his popularity and ridiculous fanbase it’s only a matter of time before its Tebow time (no pun intended). Hahaha, yea the Patriots might give ya’ll an ass whoopin but atleast you guys would be 1 game under .500, unlike my Steelers if we lose next week to the Bengals it would most likely be the end to our playoff hopes being 2-4 so early in the season. *wipes away tear*
     
         
    Last edited by PUU; 10-17-2012 at 02:04 AM.

  3. #28
    The one and only. Jay T's Avatar
    Status
    Jay T is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    I don't feel like there is any need to create an entirely different thread for this but what do you guys think about who are the best up and coming qquarterbacks for the 2012 season?


    1. Matt Ryan

    2. Cam newton

    3. Andrew luck
    Will post more on why I think these are the top three if anybody is interested
     
         

  4. #29
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay T View Post
    I don't feel like there is any need to create an entirely different thread for this but what do you guys think about who are the best up and coming qquarterbacks for the 2012 season?


    1. Matt Ryan

    2. Cam newton

    3. Andrew luck
    Will post more on why I think these are the top three if anybody is interested
    WHAT? Cam Newton, but not RGIII ?
     
         

  5. #30
    King Cobra's Avatar
    Status
    King Cobra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Viva La Kumo!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.
     



    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    1. Ponder
    2. Ponder
    3. Ponder
    4. Ponder
    5. Ponder.


    :scorps:
     
         

  6. #31
    The one and only. Jay T's Avatar
    Status
    Jay T is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    I feel like a complete idiot for leaving him out lol he would be#1 and Andrew would be booted out.
     
         

  7. #32
    Member hghland smeg head's Avatar
    Status
    hghland smeg head is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mandalor
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    cfls calvillo destory brady in yrds td and rushing that just for the last 12yrs
     
         

  8. #33
    Shadou's Avatar
    Status
    Shadou is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you refuse to walk with the
    reapers, you will burn with
    the saints.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    1. P. Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    4. Rivers
    5. idk probably Rodgers
     
         

  9. #34
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlil View Post
    1. P. Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    4. Rivers
    5. idk probably Rodgers
    LOL @ Rivers
     
         

  10. #35
    Pokemon Trainer joekyure's Avatar
    Status
    joekyure is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    1 Aaron Rodgers
    2 Tom Brady
    3 Peyton Manning
    4 Drew Brees
    5 Ben Roethlisberger (a bit injury prone but still elite)

    Reason why I don't have Eli on my top 5? It's easy, cause I don't consider him to be elite? What most comebacks in the season? Why would you need to have a comeback? Eli is a 4th quater qb, Giants defense when they won was great but both times the Patriots didn't have their star players(I blame belichick for that)

    6 Eli Manning
    7 Matt Schaub
    8 Matt Ryan
    9 Andrew Luck
    10 RGIII

    Where's Alex Smith? If you're out with an injury 1 game and you're cleared to play.. and you lose your start to a rookie that had 1 fantastic game.. Sorry, you're knocked lower.
     
         
    Last edited by joekyure; 11-25-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: switched aaron and peyton

  11. #36
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by joekyure View Post
    1 Aaron Rodgers
    2 Tom Brady
    3 Peyton Manning
    4 Drew Brees
    5 Ben Roethlisberger (a bit injury prone but still elite)

    Reason why I don't have Eli on my top 5? It's easy, cause I don't consider him to be elite? What most comebacks in the season? Why would you need to have a comeback? Eli is a 4th quater qb, Giants defense when they won was great but both times the Patriots didn't have their star players(I blame belichick for that)

    6 Eli Manning
    7 Matt Schaub
    8 Matt Ryan
    9 Andrew Luck
    10 RGIII

    Where's Alex Smith? If you're out with an injury 1 game and you're cleared to play.. and you lose your start to a rookie that had 1 fantastic game.. Sorry, you're knocked lower.

    While you can arguably say Eli Manning isn't top 5, as of right now, because of his slump. Don't disrespect the Giants SuperBowl wins over the Patriots, by saying it was only because the Patriots didn't have there star players. Especially not the 07 SuperBowl, when the Giants "had zero chance in defeating the undefeated Patriots". They had one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL. Yet the Giants still managed to come up with the biggest upset in NFL history.
     
         

  12. #37
    Know Pain origin29's Avatar
    Status
    origin29 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Everywhere you are not.
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Peyton
    4. Rodgers
    5. Matty Ice
    6. Brees
    7. Eli
    8. Stafford
    9. Luck
    10. Schaub, maybe cutler

    there is my top ten, so you dont have to ask "oh, where is this guy?"

    EDIT: derp, put rodgers twice, remove the second, move all up one.
     
         
    Last edited by origin29; 11-25-2012 at 10:08 PM.

  13. #38
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Top 5 Elite QB's as of right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by origin29 View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Peyton
    4. Rodgers
    5. Matty Ice
    6. Brees
    7. Eli
    8. Stafford
    9. Luck
    10. Schaub, maybe cutler

    there is my top ten, so you dont have to ask "oh, where is this guy?"

    EDIT: derp, put rodgers twice, remove the second, move all up one.
    So you think Luck > RGIII ?
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •