Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Do people think tobi is THAT strong?

Its in the title...

I don't get how its some surprise that it is obito, just because he fought with the fourth doesn't mean he is on the fourths level or anything. he took a giant rasengan to the back and got stabbed opposed to doing any damage to minato himself. he clearly had guidance under madara which is how he learned how to cast a genjutsu on the nine tails and made him a stronger ninja not some loser like he was.

point is: i just don't think tobi is strong he has a space time jutsu thats it...nothing massive like the MS abilities madara itachi or sasuke have, he doesn't have sage mode(jir, kabuto, orochimaru) or a killing move like (i.e. Rasengan, chidori) madara makes him look like complete shit. the only thing he has in my opinion is NOW the rinnegan which he only has used the outer path to control the tailed beasts he failed to use the preta path when naruto rasenganed his dome.

the only thing that makes him "strong" is that he can slip through people and make it nearly impossible to hit him and he can suck someone up and put them in a dimension. to me that isn't strength thats just an over powered defense...he resorted to using izanagi on konan.

if he was fighting someone one on one without slipping through his opponent neji could beat him high difficulty, again just cause he fought minato doesn't mean he is on his level so don't pull that card saying "obito was a weakling he could not have fought the fourth" ...all he did was slip through him...didnt do any damage to him at all.

bring on the flame.

EDIT: Okay neji was just an example i just threw his name in there cause he's probably the strongest of the K11, but my argument is not that he is strong w kamui and weak without it, i am trying to say that he hasn't displayed any abilities that make him on level with someone of naruto, sasuke, minato, nagato, etc which is what everyone tries to make him cut out to be. slipping through objects is just a defense he doesn't have any offensive power. hence why i said minato beat his ass

Last edited by Draw; 09-21-2012 at 12:14 AM.

NY Knicks fan dominicansharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    WORLDSTAR!!!!!!!

Re: Do people think tobi is THAT strong?

Worddd he is whack, Guy owns him FACT

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Obito isnt that strong he was awesome when the secret of his techinique hasnt been shown yet only if kakashi dies that he will be almost immortal again

Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he sparked a great ninja war and has already killed thousands of ninjas, gtfo

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you make a good point

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he sparked a ninja war with the power of a name......thats not power thats not his name its just a good idea. okay he's smart. whipde****. Orochimaru Madara Kabuto and Sasuke - The main antagonists of this series have displayed much more intriguing abilities and killer techniques. ALL TOBI CAN DO IS SLIP THROUGH OBJECTS

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well it is not really a good point if you are taking that power of his away is just like taking away kakashi kamui, naruto 9tail power, sasuke ems etc.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO BUY SOME SOUP!

I never thought Tobi was strong, and everytime I would say this people would be like "he started a war" "he has rinnegan" "he fought Minato". He didnt start a war, Madara's name started a war (boss level: 10). He has the rinnegan for looks, he's too much of a ***** to use it. And finally, last time I checked he got his ass handed to him against Minato.

I liked Tobi because he was the mysterious character who knew too much, and was important to the story for explanation purposes. I never looked at Tobi as a major player.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfighter View Post
    I never thought Tobi was strong, and everytime I would say this people would be like "he started a war" "he has rinnegan" "he fought Minato". He didnt start a war, Madara's name started a war (boss level: 10). He has the rinnegan for looks, he's too much of a ***** to use it. And finally, last time I checked he got his ass handed to him against Minato.

I liked Tobi because he was the mysterious character who knew too much, and was important to the story for explanation purposes. I never looked at Tobi as a major player.
    my SAME EXACT thoughts exactly. thank you!!! madaras name started a war, he didn't capture the 7 tailed beasts he just used people through nagato who was far more powerful than tobi.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hashy View Post
    Well it is not really a good point if you are taking that power of his away is just like taking away kakashi kamui, naruto 9tail power, sasuke ems etc.
    valid, but on the other end if u did take away kamui, 9 tails, and ems those three characters are far more powerful than obito without kamui. kakashi and sasuke are genius with or without the sharingan, and naruto has sage mode. tobi has nothing besides that. and that is the point i am making

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To me he isn't strong but his version of kumai is broken making basically untouchable and the people who say kakashi naruto gai or bee can take him by their self has problems because they're barely able to do it as a team

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Slipping through objects is Tobi's power dumbass, and what makes him strong, plus he can't use his full power coz he only has 1 of his original eyes where other uchiha had 2 and he still owns plenty of ninja. what about kabuto who is so overrated yet most of his powers aren't his.

-@The Untouchable Legend@- SAmIDeXtEr's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I AM TOO FLY A.K.A ...ITACHI
    THE G@NGST@R

This guy is right about tobi/obito besides obito was a p.u.s.s.y during his childhood...........we haven't seen much of him yet,ALL HE F.U.K.I.N.G DOES IS SLIP THROUGH THINGS, control tailed beats and all that crap

-@The Untouchable Legend@- SAmIDeXtEr's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I AM TOO FLY A.K.A ...ITACHI
    THE G@NGST@R

But he his still a good fiighter,HE JUST LACKS JUTSU

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

But we really haven't seen him use other jutsu's yet he does have the rinnegan even if he doesn't use it we have seen how powerful it is and even without kamui I doubt neji could beat him he hasn't even shown his true powers yet

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

At the end of the day if u can't touch him u can't beat him

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That just shows how good his skills are. With just a few single jutsus he is able to over power even Naruto.. That takes alot of brains and combat skills alone.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Procrastination Will Kill This
    Generation

he lacks jutsus but he is very very intelligent. hes keeping up with naruto(9tails) Bee and Hachibi, kakashi and guy. and you think neji could beat him? really? NEJI? Madara makes everyone look like shit. Madara trained obito. Minato was better than tobi when they fought, obito knew about minato's powers so obito lasted a while before the rasengan hit. but i dont think minato can beat tobi now with his experience and intellegence

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look over there! It's
    somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Draw View Post
    Its in the title...

I don't get how its some surprise that it is obito, just because he fought with the fourth doesn't mean he is on the fourths level or anything. he took a giant rasengan to the back and got stabbed opposed to doing any damage to minato himself. he clearly had guidance under madara which is how he learned how to cast a genjutsu on the nine tails and made him a stronger ninja not some loser like he was.

point is: i just don't think tobi is strong he has a space time jutsu thats it...nothing massive like the MS abilities madara itachi or sasuke have, he doesn't have sage mode(jir, kabuto, orochimaru) or a killing move like (i.e. Rasengan, chidori) madara makes him look like complete shit. the only thing he has in my opinion is NOW the rinnegan which he only has used the outer path to control the tailed beasts he failed to use the preta path when naruto rasenganed his dome.

the only thing that makes him "strong" is that he can slip through people and make it nearly impossible to hit him and he can suck someone up and put them in a dimension. to me that isn't strength thats just an over powered defense...he resorted to using izanagi on konan.

if he was fighting someone one on one without slipping through his opponent neji could beat him high difficulty, again just cause he fought minato doesn't mean he is on his level so don't pull that card saying "obito was a weakling he could not have fought the fourth" ...all he did was slip through him...didnt do any damage to him at all.

bring on the flame.
    Based on this post, your definition of strong seems to be "whoever can use the biggest, meanest, most overpowered jutsu to kill almost anybody in roughly 3 hits."

To address the parts of your post that I bolded, those arguments are invalid for what you're trying to say. Saying that he's not strong without his intangibility is like saying Naruto isn't strong without the Kyuubi. Sasuke isn't strong without the Sharingan. In fact, the way things are, if Obito didn't have his intangibility powers, he'd probably be dead already, because Naruto has become unimaginably overpowered incredibly quickly. But, to address your point more rhetorically, where would Naruto stand without his Kyuubi?

That's right. He'd be dead. Like, really dead.

Saying that if he couldn't slip through someone (such as Neji, in your example) he would be easily beaten only backs up my previous point. If Naruto couldn't use Kyuubi chakra, who would have beaten him in the semi-finals of the Chunin Exams? Neji.

If Sasuke didn't have his Sharingan, who would have murdered him without a problem? Deidara. Not just him either...just about every one of Sasuke's enemies would probably kill him without his Sharingan.

Does this mean I disagree with "Tobi would be weak without his intangibility"? Not at all! I think he would be quickly pwned if he didn't have that power. It does, however, mean that I do not support your argument at all that he is "only strong because of his intangibility but that doesn't count so he's actually weak".

Just my thoughts.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Neji was just an example. Ok take away his intangibility and kakashis kamui and kakashi beats him. this is an open minded thread I'm not going to reject ideas i just wanted to put mine out there no need to call me a dumbass, i don't see how he is doing well against naruto and company he's just slipping through them

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Draw View Post
    Neji was just an example. Ok take away his intangibility and kakashis kamui and kakashi beats him. this is an open minded thread I'm not going to reject ideas i just wanted to put mine out there no need to call me a dumbass, i don't see how he is doing well against naruto and company he's just slipping through them
    That fight could be equal. Because if Obito never had that ability then he would learn other jutsus and sort. So he would be more or less like Kakashi, a copy Ninja...

Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated

obito isnt even using the rinnegan yet.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Trendsetter

Obito is a powerful character, stop trolling.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

damn I don't like taking the bait but anyways.

This argument is pretty stupid.. The one thing about all this you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Obito/Tobi ability to adapt.

Rock Lee had no talent in ninjutsu and genjutsu so he adapted to using just Taijutsu as his primary focus and managed to been very respectable ninja imo. So what if we took his ability to use Tai Jutsu well obviously he wouldn't be able to do shit.

Anyways moving on lets take away all the abilities or staple to every character in Naruto what will they do? Exactly same god damn thing your suggesting about Tobi they would more than likely suck. But a point i also would like to make is that Obito managed adapt with only one eye and half his body getting effing destroyed by a boulder. Yes he had help overcoming this but I don't take that away from his ability. He was kicking the shit out of Naruto, Bee, Guy and Kakashi for the last 30 chapters it seems like.

Anyone who knows anything about fighting the one who doesn't get hit usually is the better fighter. But whatever that is an argument for another day.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally someone who agree's with me obito is toooooooooooo over rated!!!!!!
    he'll get owned by Konohamaru if he didn't have s/t.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»