10 22.73%
Page 8 of 99 « First ... 4567891011121858 ... Last»
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [October 2012]

Quote Originally Posted by serenaandrosie View Post
    Leave Reborn alone S.Train he is an awesome writer he is someone that inspires me along with a few others.

I agree with you Reborn is not overrated at all (If you read this Reborn don't Listen to S.Train}

so how are You TOC

that is good to hear & I am fine & I also just had a peace of toast to eat

hey netsui how are you
    I'm doing ok and you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    ...I'm sorry... Reborn's just so aggravating... he shouldn't be so hostile all the time; I wasn't a member of Writer's Block for five minutes before he started his usual attack, and even after trying to be his friend, he kept doing it. :shrug: So now we're enemies of sorts, or at least not friendly. I was just joking though, he is a good writer.

Sorry, Reborn.
    Usually I wouldn't get in the middle between your disagreement and his. However I will tell him he needs to be nicer as well. I hate it that you two make fun of the other. We're mature writers, we're suppose to encourage each other! Anyways your words came out a little too mean for my taste and honestly I didn't see anything in them that insinuated a way of teasing. Besides I help Reborn often with things and we talk all the time. So naturally I will step in when need be, just like I would do the same for you.

When you said he was over rated that's what made me the angriest. I've helped Reborn shape his writing into what it is, so it felt like it was kind of a slap in the face to me as well since I'm his Shishou.

ANYWAYS let's be nice to each other! This is suppose to be fun and I don't want to end up picking up the pieces of a hurt friend. Smile, it's a beautiful day! (here anyways)

why-so-serious-1.jpg

Let's stray away from topics that some may view as hurtful please. :ice:

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.

Quote Originally Posted by serenaandrosie View Post
    I am fine how are you
    I'm fine too D Thanks for asking ^_^
    So what are you doing now? :3

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    I'm doing ok and you?

Usually I wouldn't get in the middle between your disagreement and his. However I will tell him he needs to be nicer as well. I hate it that you two make fun of the other. We're mature writers, we're suppose to encourage each other! Anyways your words came out a little too mean for my taste and honestly I didn't see anything in them that insinuated a way of teasing. Besides I help Reborn often with things and we talk all the time. So naturally I will step in when need be, just like I would do the same for you.

When you said he was over rated that's what made me the angriest. I've helped Reborn shape his writing into what it is, so it felt like it was kind of a slap in the face to me as well since I'm his Shishou.

ANYWAYS let's be nice to each other! This is suppose to be fun and I don't want to end up picking up the pieces of a hurt friend. Smile, it's a beautiful day! (here anyways)

why-so-serious-1.jpg

Let's stray away from topics that some may view as hurtful please. :ice:
    Yeah, but he wouldn't think twice about saying something worse, and then he'd add this at the end: :P

Like I said, I wanted to be his friend, and I'll still be his friend, but I'm only friendly to people that are friendly. If someone wants a fight, I'll bring it to them no problem, but I don't start it. First impressions are extremely important though; if you give a good one, then the second can be botched and people will forgive you, give a bad one, and there won't be a second. However, I'm a nice guy, I'll give anyone as many chances as they need, but that doesn't mean I'll make it easy the rest of the time.

For someone that's sensitive, he sure does kick up a dust storm.

Okay, change of topic then...Tsuki's story...

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

*uses mind control* Vote Germanicus or evil wizard...vote Germanicus or evil wizard...vote Germanicus or evil wizard...
    Your magic does not affect me, S.Train. One has to be mentally strong or they'll never survive.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Dragyzophobia #Akashaphilia
    #Kirikoe4EIG

[...] ...Tsuki's story...
    I posted about my 2 characters in page 7 :ghehe: but there's nothing much to say yet

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Yeah, but he wouldn't think twice about saying something worse, and then he'd add this at the end: :P

Like I said, I wanted to be his friend, and I'll still be his friend, but I'm only friendly to people that are friendly. If someone wants a fight, I'll bring it to them no problem, but I don't start it. First impressions are extremely important though; if you give a good one, then the second can be botched and people will forgive you, give a bad one, and there won't be a second. However, I'm a nice guy, I'll give anyone as many chances as they need, but that doesn't mean I'll make it easy the rest of the time.

For someone that's sensitive, he sure does kick up a dust storm.

Okay, change of topic then...Tsuki's story...
    It doesn't matter Sam, if he had said something like that or worse I would have disowned him as a student. There's a line to everything and neither of you should cross it.

As I've said before you two can hate each other, fine whatever; just leave the writing out of it. When I say writing I mean as writers not actually typing words and such in threads.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by -Tsuki View Post
    I posted about my 2 characters in page 7 :ghehe: but there's nothing much to say yet
    Yeah, I saw that, but now we need to talk about how you're finally going to do it. Try to use a traditional style if you can though, you know like the wizard's, or TOC's, Reborn's , Netsui's, Germanicus' or mine. Not this:

Zane: "I think we should go over there."

Brailen: "I guess we should."

^This is...script style, not book style.

"I think we should go over there," Zane said, hanging his head.

"I guess we should," Brailen replied, sharing the boy's sentiment.

This show's emotion, it shows action, it puts us in the scene as if it was a movie almost. It lets us get to know the characters better and makes them more organic. Whereas script style leaves the reader feeling like they're robots or something.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Yeah, I saw that, but now we need to talk about how you're finally going to do it. Try to use a traditional style if you can though, you know like the wizard's, or TOC's, Reborn's , Netsui's, Germanicus' or mine. Not this:

This show's emotion, it shows action, it puts us in the scene as if it was a movie almost. It lets us get to know the characters better and makes them more organic. Whereas script style leaves the reader feeling like they're robots or something.
    Agreed script writing leaves out the possibility to insert so much more detail. I myself am not a fan of it. It's rather annoying being told what's going on instead of the writer painting out a picture for the reader. This is just my opinion of course. ^_^

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG

Yes, that is one of the thing I'll have to work with now : DESCRIPTION
    I haven't read everyone's FF/OF but I was planning to have my style similar to Netsui's and yours

A friend of mine wanted to make a fanfic where she would get more ppl involve and I thought I'll suggest a character.
    So when I did I was asked to make my character's point of view of the story... it doesn't count as a chapter (not so long), but I feel like sending it to you via pm so you'll get an idea of my level in writing :ghehe:

Edit: or I might just post it here? :confused:

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Devil's in the description. Hardest part of writing. Plot's easy. Description's a female dog.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Devil's in the description. Hardest part of writing. Plot's easy. Description's a female dog.
    I find it easy! D Just having a wide range of vocab can be difficult, thesaurus ftw! :scorps: lol

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    I find it easy! D Just having a wide range of vocab can be difficult, thesaurus ftw! :scorps: lol
    I personally don't like using vocabulary help. I have to be able to hear myself using the words. Otherwise it doesn't flow. Flow is important. Might be the most important thing, actually. If the story isn't flowing and coherent, nothing else has the ability to matter. But everyone has their strengths. Playing to them is also key. :D

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

I personally don't like using vocabulary help. I have to be able to hear myself using the words. Otherwise it doesn't flow. Flow is important. Might be the most important thing, actually. If the story isn't flowing and coherent, nothing else has the ability to matter. But everyone has their strengths. Playing to them is also key. :D
    Very true! I use it some times when I know what I want to say but have trouble finding the right word. Flow is very important as is straying away for the constant usage of words as well.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Yes, that is one of the thing I'll have to work with now : DESCRIPTION
    I haven't read everyone's FF/OF but I was planning to have my style similar to Netsui's and yours

A friend of mine wanted to make a fanfic where she would get more ppl involve and I thought I'll suggest a character.
    So when I did I was asked to make my character's point of view of the story... it doesn't count as a chapter (not so long), but I feel like sending it to you via pm so you'll get an idea of my level in writing :ghehe:

Edit: or I might just post it here? :confused:
    Yeah, send it if you want, I'll have to check it out a little later though, I have some stuff I have to go do.

:rofl: Female dog...that struck my funny bone somehow. It's also a ***** too. For me, plot is also hard... I don't know why, just is. Everything I come up with isn't good enough...to me at least.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

:rofl: Female dog...that struck my funny bone somehow. It's also a ***** too. For me, plot is also hard... I don't know why, just is. Everything I come up with isn't good enough...to me at least.
    That's an easy trap; you have to stop viewing your plot critically. That sounds weird, I know, but the most important weapon a writer has is a passionate belief in the power of his plot and characters. What the audience wants/thinks here is irrelevant. You must have over 9000% surety in what you want to write.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG

Yeah, send it if you want, I'll have to check it out a little later though, I have some stuff I have to go do.

okay

Kishi is #1 plot master

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

That's an easy trap; you have to stop viewing your plot critically. That sounds weird, I know, but the most important weapon a writer has is a passionate belief in the power of his plot and characters. What the audience wants/thinks here is irrelevant. You must have over 9000% surety in what you want to write.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Vegeta; the greatest self motivator of all time. Obviously he's my anime hero.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG

Sadly, this is the only thing I know about DBZ...
    I dunno why but I don't feel like watching it... *runs away before you guys kill me :crazy:*

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Vegeta; the greatest self motivator of all time. Obviously he's my anime hero.
    Mine too! Sometimes I feel like I'm turning into Vegeta. It's good...and bad...but necessary for success. Being the nice guy all the time gets you nowhere. At some point you have to step on toes and drag people down so you can climb up, otherwise they'll just keep climbing over you.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sadly, this is the only thing I know about DBZ...
    I dunno why but I don't feel like watching it... *runs away before you guys kill me :crazy:*
    You can run from us, but you can't run from Akira Toriyama's greatest creation.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG

You can run from us, but you can't run from Akira Toriyama's greatest creation.
    is that some type of flower?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

is that some type of flower?

Nope...it's SS Vegetable.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG

Nope...it's SS Vegetable.
    :D
    I guess they are very healthy O_<

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.

I use and like script style more, but that is just my taste
    Those two styles of writing are very different, and book style seems to be more popular, which is understanding

I would have written it something like this though:

Zane: I think we should go over there...

He clearly points in the direction of the dark woods; staring at Brailen at the same time. They both look at each other in several seconds with the wind circling around them.

Brailen: I guess we should...

The idea seems wrong to Brailen, but he doesn't protest. They both take up their guns and starts walking toward their now planned destination; hoping to find the missing dogs on this dark night.

I don't know if I combine both styles, or if it's still just script style :ghehe: But as I said, I like script style better

I know what you mean, I used like 3-4 months to come up with the whole plot to my OF ^_^

Kishi is #1 plot master
    What are you saying!? :crazy: Oda (creator of One Piece) is clearly #1..!