Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member Dean-Winchester's Avatar
    Status
    Dean-Winchester is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    samurai should not b underestimated


    YouTube - The Takamori Legend
    a ninja enter a territory of a samurai"how foolish is he for he does not know of the takamori legend"







    Most samurai were bound by a code of honor and were expected to set an example for those below them. A notable part of their code is seppuku (切腹 seppuku?), which allowed a disgraced samurai to regain his honor by passing into death, where samurai were still beholden to social rules. Whilst there are many romanticised characterisations of samurai behaviour such as the writing of Bushido (武士道 Bushidō?) in 1905, studies of Kobudo and traditional Budo indicate that the samurai were as practical on the battlefield as were any other warrior.
    Despite the rampant romanticism of the 20th century, samurai could be disloyal and treacherous (e.g., Akechi Mitsuhide), cowardly, brave, or overly loyal (e.g., Kusunoki Masashige). Samurai were usually loyal to their immediate superiors, who in turn allied themselves with higher lords. These loyalties to the higher lords often shifted; for example, the high lords allied under Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣秀吉) were served by loyal samurai, but the feudal lords under them could shift their support to Tokugawa, taking their samurai with them. There were, however, also notable instances where samurai would be disloyal to their lord or daimyo, when loyalty to the emperor was seen to have supremacy



    samurai techniques
    from diffrent anime

    Kenshin is a practitioner of the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū (飛天御剣流?, lit. "Flying Heaven Honorable Sword Style"), also referred to in the series as "Ultrasonic Sword Style", a fictional ancient sword art. Kenshin's mastery of the style enables him to exercise superhuman speed and reflexes, study and predict his opponent's movements in battle, as well as perform many powerful sword techniques.[22] Among several of his Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū and battōjutsu skills, Kenshin can utilize Shinsoku (神速?, lit. "God-speed"), which allows him to quickly overpower and dispatch opponents with his sword before they have time to react. Most of his techniques were originally intended to have deadly effects, yet Kenshin desires not to kill anyone. To this end, he fights using his sakabatō, a katana that has the cutting edge on the inwardly curved side of the sword (in contrast to a normal katana, where the outwardly curved side of the sword is sharp, while the inwardly curved side of the sword is blunt).[22]
    When Kenshin decides to continue his training to defeat Shishio Makoto, he learns the Kuzu-ryūsen (九頭龍閃?, lit. "Nine-headed Dragon Strike"), which simultaneously deals nine strikes to the fundamental targets of swordsmanship, making guarding and dodging virtually impossible.[23] The Kuzu-ryūsen, however, is a byproduct used for the initiation in learning Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki (天翔龍閃?, lit. "Heavens Gliding Dragon Flash"; Viz translation - "Dragon Flight of Heaven"), a Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū battōjutsu that surpasses the speed of the Kuzu-ryūsen.[24] The secret behind the technique lies in an additional step with the left foot which adds instantaneous acceleration and weight to the sword.[25] In addition, if the initial strike is avoided or blocked, the force of the unusually fast slashing motion displaces the air around it, generating a vacuum in its wake and sucking the opponent in; as this happens, the body is spun around for a second strike, with the previous action adding force and momentum to the swing, making the subsequent strike far stronger.[26] Since the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū is only suitable to a wide-framed muscular build like that of Seijūrō's, Kenshin's body deteriorates and he is unable to use it ever again by the end of the manga


    antōryū Ougi Sanzen Sekai (三刀流奥義 三・千・世・界, Three-Swords Style Secret Technique: Three Thousand Worlds) / Three-Swords Style Succession Technique: Three Thousand Worlds (Ultimate Three Swords: Three Thousand Worlds): Zoro holds two of his swords at an angle against each other and spins them while running towards his opponent which will shred the enemy to bits. This attack was first used to try to defeat Dracule Mihawk. According to the name of this attack, this is the ultimate and strongest technique of the Santōryū. seen being used successfully against Oz, which literally creates giant slashes over Oz's body, after over 400 chapters since it's first appearance, in the anime it is used again much earlier in the Ocean Dream arc by a hypnotised Zoro against Luffy. In One Piece Grand Adventure, the move is initiated by Zoro placing his swords in an inverse triangular formation before spinning his two swords together and is featured as Zoro's cinematic attack.





    Therefore samurai shuold not b underestimated hence that oldds man vouch for them ( i mean the tsuchikage)

     
         
    Last edited by Dean-Winchester; 07-19-2009 at 09:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Member FiveManRasengan's Avatar
    Status
    FiveManRasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Dont underestimate Aliens...

    You know goku would blow the planet apart...... But you know why he wont? THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME MANGA/ANIME!
     
         

  3. #3
    Feeling little Dizzy. Orion's Avatar
    Status
    Orion is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    on the celestial equator.....
    Posts
    1,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Nice theory Mr. zeke26...

    FiveManRasengan is right. This is a different manga...

    But since Tsuchikage was serious, Yes you are right zeke26 samurais should not be underestimated...
     
         

  4. #4
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    The people in Naruto can control elements, summon creatures and oh my personal favorite, raise the dead. I don't consider Naruto people as ninjas. They're freaking gods, I tell you.

    If this is how Masashi Kishimoto shows how a ninja should be like, imagine who insanely overrated a samurai would be in Naruto Manga.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dean-Winchester's Avatar
    Status
    Dean-Winchester is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    gald u think so if a kage can voich for them its besst not 2 underestimate dem

    eve saskue is looking for a detpur to enter the place
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dean-Winchester's Avatar
    Status
    Dean-Winchester is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4Naruto View Post
    Nice theory Mr. zeke26...

    FiveManRasengan is right. This is a different manga...

    But since Tsuchikage was serious, Yes you are right zeke26 samurais should not be underestimated...
    hank u
    after readun the spoilers
    thouight the may just b chunin level or posibbly jounin leevel
    saskue could probally take all of them
    shoot saskura could probally take all of dem
     
         

  7. #7
    忍者 Knight of Thorns zenron's Avatar
    Status
    zenron is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    I never underestimated ninjas. Its weird how I can name every image and video in your post :D. I remember when that first little clip was made by a guy on newgrounds, it was cool, still is. Although kenshin is by far the coolest of all samurai.
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dean-Winchester's Avatar
    Status
    Dean-Winchester is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Quote Originally Posted by zenron View Post
    I never underestimated ninjas. Its weird how I can name every image and video in your post :D. I remember when that first little clip was made by a guy on newgrounds, it was cool, still is. Although kenshin is by far the coolest of all samurai.
    i know just staing a point and i noticed samurai draw there power trhough nature
    combining there sword art with for example wind
     
         

  9. #9
    to be love, to be love Realtwisted's Avatar
    Status
    Realtwisted is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke26 View Post

    YouTube - The Takamori Legend
    a ninja enter a territory of a samurai"how foolish is he for he does not know of the takamori legend"







    Most samurai were bound by a code of honor and were expected to set an example for those below them. A notable part of their code is seppuku (切腹 seppuku?), which allowed a disgraced samurai to regain his honor by passing into death, where samurai were still beholden to social rules. Whilst there are many romanticised characterisations of samurai behaviour such as the writing of Bushido (武士道 Bushidō?) in 1905, studies of Kobudo and traditional Budo indicate that the samurai were as practical on the battlefield as were any other warrior.
    Despite the rampant romanticism of the 20th century, samurai could be disloyal and treacherous (e.g., Akechi Mitsuhide), cowardly, brave, or overly loyal (e.g., Kusunoki Masashige). Samurai were usually loyal to their immediate superiors, who in turn allied themselves with higher lords. These loyalties to the higher lords often shifted; for example, the high lords allied under Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣秀吉) were served by loyal samurai, but the feudal lords under them could shift their support to Tokugawa, taking their samurai with them. There were, however, also notable instances where samurai would be disloyal to their lord or daimyo, when loyalty to the emperor was seen to have supremacy



    samurai techniques
    from diffrent anime

    Kenshin is a practitioner of the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū (飛天御剣流?, lit. "Flying Heaven Honorable Sword Style"), also referred to in the series as "Ultrasonic Sword Style", a fictional ancient sword art. Kenshin's mastery of the style enables him to exercise superhuman speed and reflexes, study and predict his opponent's movements in battle, as well as perform many powerful sword techniques.[22] Among several of his Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū and battōjutsu skills, Kenshin can utilize Shinsoku (神速?, lit. "God-speed"), which allows him to quickly overpower and dispatch opponents with his sword before they have time to react. Most of his techniques were originally intended to have deadly effects, yet Kenshin desires not to kill anyone. To this end, he fights using his sakabatō, a katana that has the cutting edge on the inwardly curved side of the sword (in contrast to a normal katana, where the outwardly curved side of the sword is sharp, while the inwardly curved side of the sword is blunt).[22]
    When Kenshin decides to continue his training to defeat Shishio Makoto, he learns the Kuzu-ryūsen (九頭龍閃?, lit. "Nine-headed Dragon Strike"), which simultaneously deals nine strikes to the fundamental targets of swordsmanship, making guarding and dodging virtually impossible.[23] The Kuzu-ryūsen, however, is a byproduct used for the initiation in learning Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki (天翔龍閃?, lit. "Heavens Gliding Dragon Flash"; Viz translation - "Dragon Flight of Heaven"), a Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū battōjutsu that surpasses the speed of the Kuzu-ryūsen.[24] The secret behind the technique lies in an additional step with the left foot which adds instantaneous acceleration and weight to the sword.[25] In addition, if the initial strike is avoided or blocked, the force of the unusually fast slashing motion displaces the air around it, generating a vacuum in its wake and sucking the opponent in; as this happens, the body is spun around for a second strike, with the previous action adding force and momentum to the swing, making the subsequent strike far stronger.[26] Since the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū is only suitable to a wide-framed muscular build like that of Seijūrō's, Kenshin's body deteriorates and he is unable to use it ever again by the end of the manga


    antōryū Ougi Sanzen Sekai (三刀流奥義 三・千・世・界, Three-Swords Style Secret Technique: Three Thousand Worlds) / Three-Swords Style Succession Technique: Three Thousand Worlds (Ultimate Three Swords: Three Thousand Worlds): Zoro holds two of his swords at an angle against each other and spins them while running towards his opponent which will shred the enemy to bits. This attack was first used to try to defeat Dracule Mihawk. According to the name of this attack, this is the ultimate and strongest technique of the Santōryū. seen being used successfully against Oz, which literally creates giant slashes over Oz's body, after over 400 chapters since it's first appearance, in the anime it is used again much earlier in the Ocean Dream arc by a hypnotised Zoro against Luffy. In One Piece Grand Adventure, the move is initiated by Zoro placing his swords in an inverse triangular formation before spinning his two swords together and is featured as Zoro's cinematic attack.





    Therefore samurai shuold not b underestimated hence that oldds man vouch for them ( i mean the tsuchikage)

    This is Naruto War.
     
         

  10. #10
    PLATINUM SAGE ... SHANKS platinum69's Avatar
    Status
    platinum69 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia the Hidden Village of Sage's
    Posts
    2,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Quote Originally Posted by Azryel View Post
    The people in Naruto can control elements, summon creatures and oh my personal favorite, raise the dead. I don't consider Naruto people as ninjas. They're freaking gods, I tell you.

    If this is how Masashi Kishimoto shows how a ninja should be like, imagine who insanely overrated a samurai would be in Naruto Manga.

    Im so excited with the introduction of samurai's and of what Kishimoto's imagination will make of them... :D:D:D


    They will have a chakra source or something to generate attack and defense "Zanjutsu" or whatever Samurai's have... hopefully they have Kidō powers... as well as different power level samurai's...


    Im getting way too excited!!! :D:D:D:D

     
         

  11. #11
    Member gscabana's Avatar
    Status
    gscabana is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    fk samurai they r weak, the last one was tom cruise
     
         

  12. #12
    Your bro. Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan's Avatar
    Status
    Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakville, ON
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    June 2009...nuff said!
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    They will be the "tanks" in Naruto.

    They will probably be able to hold against ninjutsu fairly well.

    When i think of a samurai in the Narutoverse i think of those in the manga by kishi holding up their sword in fighting stance against a massive flame wave attack by an S-level ninja... and surviving without damage.
     
         

  13. #13
    Academy Student
    Status
    oli1990 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    i think samurais will be strong but theyre not gods everyone can die
     
         

  14. #14
    Member
    Status
    SilentGaiden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Samurai may be strong but they all must have the strength of a Jonin if they had a fight with Sauske the Samurai would get killed easily they are going to die like weak foddler they can't compare those Samurai to strong ninja like Sauske, Naruto and Madara those ninja's are on a a whole new level that those Samurai wont even be able to reach. Mifune leader of Iron country might be stronger then the rest of the Samurai the would be Kage level strength.
     
         

  15. #15
    What? Kazamori's Avatar
    Status
    Kazamori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Isolated Room
    Posts
    9,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: samurai should not b underestimated

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveManRasengan View Post
    Dont underestimate Aliens...

    You know goku would blow the planet apart...... But you know why he wont? THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME MANGA/ANIME!
    Good point , you deserve a rep :D
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •