Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    Flash of fang and claw Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito will remain the #1
    Uchiha

Question for Christians... No flaming

Okay I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so please be respectful to others beliefs and stay on topic.

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. As far as I understand the bible suggests that everyone on the earth originated from Adam and eve as they were the original humans. Now typically Adam and eve are depicted as Anglo or white in race. My question is how does the bible explain other ethnicities like Asian, Indian or African races (to name a few). Obviously these races couldn't just be descendant of Adam and eve as the changes in skin tones, facial structure, etc. could therefore be construed as adaptions to local environments, thereby supporting evolution.

Out of interest is this topic ever addressed in the bible? Again no flaming, this is a legitimate question.....

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Question for Christians... No flaming

Itz a logic try to underztand the pyramid system.

Flash of fang and claw Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito will remain the #1
    Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by radize View Post
    Itz a logic try to underztand the pyramid system.
    What? I don't understand what you point was, could you clarify it for me?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me, are you a badfish
    too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    Okay I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so please be respectful to others beliefs and stay on topic.

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. As far as I understand the bible suggests that everyone on the earth originated from Adam and eve as they were the original humans. Now typically Adam and eve are depicted as Anglo or white in race. My question is how does the bible explain other ethnicities like Asian, Indian or African races (to name a few). Obviously these races couldn't just be descendant of Adam and eve as the changes in skin tones, facial structure, etc. could therefore be construed as adaptions to local environments, thereby supporting evolution.

Out of interest is this topic ever addressed in the bible? Again no flaming, this is a legitimate question.....
    I'm not christian, but maybe their race changed alone with their tongue during the whole tower of babel business. And quick fact: African Americans are join Mormon churches but can never become an ordained Mormon priest because they are believed to hold the mark of cain. Now this I very well do not agree with.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There can only be ONE!

Okay. I I am Christian just so nobody confuses anything but that part in the Bible is crap.. After eden, Adam n eve bore children, and two sons Cain and abel. Cain murdered abel, and was banished to another part of land(Adam n eve end story) right after its stated Cain marries a women by the name of Seth.. Where the eff did she pop out from? It doesn't tell us... After that it just follows the genealogy of their lineage.. So basically it's bullcrap.. Also wanted to note that God's people are referred to as the is realities, and and only them in the old testament.. Basically they make a direct statement and contradict it. And yes this is straight from the bible

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jigga Boo Jones

I am christian but not by choice. I think you shouldn't take that part literally, I personally think it's a load of BS not to insult anyone. The only logical explanation is that their descendants moved on to other countries and their pigmentation changed to adapt to the environment. But that would be going against christianity because they hate evolution soo much

Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy days~

I don't think it was ever explained in the bible.

________________________ OhReary's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why do Adam and Eve have belly buttons? ohh...

Status
    Jul 2012
    In my hideout planning to kidnap a princess
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Only God can answer this question

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaniPaz View Post
    I am christian but not by choice. I think you shouldn't take that part literally, I personally think it's a load of BS not to insult anyone. The only logical explanation is that their descendants moved on to other countries and their pigmentation changed to adapt to the environment. But that would be going against christianity because they hate evolution soo much
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoz View Post
    Okay. I I am Christian just so nobody confuses anything but that part in the Bible is crap.. After eden, Adam n eve bore children, and two sons Cain and abel. Cain murdered abel, and was banished to another part of land(Adam n eve end story) right after its stated Cain marries a women by the name of Seth.. Where the eff did she pop out from? It doesn't tell us... After that it just follows the genealogy of their lineage.. So basically it's bullcrap.. Also wanted to note that God's people are referred to as the is realities, and and only them in the old testament.. Basically they make a direct statement and contradict it. And yes this is straight from the bible
    Both of you need to stop saying its bullshit and maybe study a bit more before showing your ignorance by insulting it and calling it bullshit. You guys are the one stating bullshit go study before saying such trash.

Last edited by Ira; 10-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukain View Post
    Both of you need to stop saying its bullshit and maybe study a bit more before showing your ignorance by insulting it and calling it bullshit. You guys are the one stating bullshit go study before saying such trash. Idiots think they know.
    Well that wasn't very nice. Sure what they said was offensive and I'd probably be offended if was christian, but you could have gone about it a whole different way without insulting them. I'm not saying they were right but insulting isn't the way to go. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I do respect what you were trying to say. You were just sticking up for your religion so kudos to you.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.

Of course, they all are descendants of Adam and Eve. Maybe children of them wasn't alike Adam and Eve, who knows (but God). We can't expect those days to be same as today. You know, its not a very hard thing for God to create different race from one.

❁ Springtime of Youth ❁ sweetyhearty89's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

those other races was never mentioned in the bible and for adam and eve belonging to a white race wasn't stated in the bible either, so i guess there would not be any explaining to do, as long as we're humans because of them then that's good enough..

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Am I still considered to be christian if I believe in evolution instead of creationism.

I prefer to think of many parts of the bible as Allegory.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaniPaz View Post
    Christians reject abiogenesis and evolution when it comes to millions of years because it would completely contradict the bible. The reason is that if abiogenesis and evolution are true on that scale of millions to billions of years, then death existed BEFORE Adam and Eve ate the apple, which caused death to enter the world and sin as well. However, I doubt any educated christian would have a problem with evolution happening AFTER the events of the garden of eden, because only an intelligent God would create life with diversity, as without diversity life wouldn't last long. Just wanted to clarify it for you because I, as a christian, have no problem with evolution after creation.

Anyway, to answer the OP, evolution explains the change in skin color and every other change we observe. It's quite obvious microevolution occurs, we've observed it, tested it, and repeated it in and outside the lab. Therefore, logically it stands to reason that God created life with diversity. If you know about genetic recombination in meiosis, you can see how the diversity occurs. Because of genes shuffling in chromosomes we have diversity and are able to adapt to our environment. Therefore, evolution is the answer to how Adam and Eve have had descendants of all kinds of skin colors, faces, etc.

I would like to point out, again, that evolution taking its natural course AFTER creation is not what educated christians should have a problem with, but rather the evolution that needs billions of years before humans arrived since that would contradict the genesis account. Other than that, I have no problem with evolution.

EMS
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    taco.

I'm not Christian, but I do believe in some things in the bible but like life, there are holes in things. Things we can't explain.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    Am I still considered to be christian if I believe in evolution instead of creationism.

I prefer to think of many parts of the bible as Allegory.
    Depends on your definition of 'Christian'.
    Really, one 'good' thing about Religion is its flexibility. For every Theist I meet, I add another view of God and Faith to my list. If you believe that Jesus was the son of God, and that he was more or less on the right track with all his talk, then you're just as Christian as the Pope.
    On the other hand; if you see the entire piece as a work of fiction, depicting ideas and concepts (Allegory), then you should probably work on that label.

Technically, you're still a Religious Theist if you believe in a God (doesn't even have to be a personal one), but the line between 'Theist' and 'Christian' gets a bit blurry on my end when all it boils down to is the book, the time and the name.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post

The idea of the first man and woman being white is hilarious, well, not so much because the reason is because of racism. That racism doesn't exist so much today, but people still have the idea of Adam and Eve being white for some strange reason, it's never been corrected.

Actually, they were a mix of all the races. The first white baby was recorded in the Scriptures, believe it or not. It freaked the parents out because they had never seen anyone like that before, they thought something was wrong. They called the child an albino, but in reality it just had a lighter shade, most likely a brownish color, not black like everyone else.

You see, it's de-evolution. we're de-evolving in the sense that DNA information is being removed. the first people were perfect, but now it's like a copy of a copy. If you copy something enough times, then eventually you won't be getting the same stuff that the original had. It's the same thing with people. We know that black skin is more like the original creation because you can't breed black into a person, you can only breed it out.

People will also be shocked to find out that the Messiah was most likely black. We're not sure, but it's more than probable.

I'm not saying this stuff because I'm black and have an agenda either, I'm white myself. This is something that my family has studied, along with a lot of other misconceptions.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

LOL I'm a border line Deist ex christian but I'll tell you that part of the bible is a load. Don't take the bible seriously man you end up getting a head ache trying to solve its endless mysteries

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You mentioned Adam and Eve, but you forgot about Abel and Cain. After Cain murdered his brother, he got a curse with a mark from God. It's believed that black people are the descendants of Cain, so that the color of the skin would be the mark.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by drknght View Post
    You mentioned Adam and Eve, but you forgot about Abel and Cain. After Cain murdered his brother, he got a curse with a mark from God. It's believed that black people are the descendants of Cain, so that the color of the skin would be the mark.
    What if its the other way around and loss of pigment in the skin was the mark, making white people the descendants of Cain O__O

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    The idea of the first man and woman being white is hilarious, well, not so much because the reason is because of racism. That racism doesn't exist so much today, but people still have the idea of Adam and Eve being white for some strange reason, it's never been corrected.

Actually, they were a mix of all the races. The first white baby was recorded in the Scriptures, believe it or not. It freaked the parents out because they had never seen anyone like that before, they thought something was wrong. They called the child an albino, but in reality it just had a lighter shade, most likely a brownish color, not black like everyone else.

You see, it's de-evolution. we're de-evolving in the sense that DNA information is being removed. the first people were perfect, but now it's like a copy of a copy. If you copy something enough times, then eventually you won't be getting the same stuff that the original had. It's the same thing with people. We know that black skin is more like the original creation because you can't breed black into a person, you can only breed it out.

People will also be shocked to find out that the Messiah was most likely black. We're not sure, but it's more than probable.

I'm not saying this stuff because I'm black and have an agenda either, I'm white myself. This is something that my family has studied, along with a lot of other misconceptions.
    What OP is trying to say is Adam and Eve are commonly depicted as white. He isn't saying that he is for sure they were white, but he is wondering how all races came to be through just two people. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    What if its the other way around and loss of pigment in the skin was the mark, making white people the descendants of Cain O__O
    I honestly don't believe race would have anything at all to do with the Mark of Cain. The Mark of Cain made you a wanderer and I don't see any particular race wandering anywhere.

Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated

its called evoloution, but i dont really no, i guess over time things change

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The bible is a mystery, but one should note that if I'm not mistaken, God told Adam to repopulate the earth, now one cannot repopulate unless something was there beforehand, Maybe there were ppl before adam and Eve?

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by SandVillageShinobi View Post
    What OP is trying to say is Adam and Eve are commonly depicted as white. He isn't saying that he is for sure they were white, but he is wondering how all races came to be through just two people. At least that's the way I interpreted it.
    Right, and what I'm saying is that people are just copies of the original. DNA has been lost, resulting in all the differen't skin types and so forth. We're all just human, there's only one race of human. The originals had perfect DNA, but over time it was lost.

Because their DNA was perfect, inbreeding wasn't a problem at all, no genetic disorders came from it. It was later that the law was given that people were only allowed to marry second cousins. Now it's actually better if it's at least third or fourth. The furthest any one person is from another at this point is actually something like 17th cousin removed. Most are much closer than that of course, even after all this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»