Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    阿良々木 暦

Elfen Lied's Anime Ending

Alright so I finished watching Elfen Lied's anime yesterday.And well what can I say I had mixed reactions to the anime's ending.After I finished the anime I was in kind of in a state of shock(kind of like Kouta :D).

For anyone who hasn't read the manga or watched the anime this is going to have alot of spoilers so I suggest you don't read this thread.

Alright so there goes these were my reactions to Elfen Lied's anime ending.
    Alright the first,of all the things that happened in the ending that affected me was when Lucy was fight Mariko and she was losing and then her horn was torn off and then the building gets dropped on Lucy and her eyes were all white.This kind of made me feel conflicted,I felt worried that Lucy had died(which really would have pissed me off if she had died)and I was kind of in denial of her death.

Next when Kurama meets with Mariko and they have their heartfelt moment that made me feel sad and I start to feel like cry but dont(I was still more busy worrying about what happened to Lucy).Then when Kurama hugs Mariko and starts walking away and tells the other guy to set the bomb and Kurama & Mariko died at the bridge together I accepted that and thought that was a good way for them to die(Together).

Then when it turns out Lucy is still alive,I was filled with relief and was really happy.After seeing Lucy is alive I start thinking "Now Lucy and Kouta will have their talk on the stone steps,make up and fall back in love."

Now Lucy is talking to Kouta about how she can destroy humanity in as little as 5 yrs and how she cherishes her memories of him and her during her childhood.And then she talks about how long she been wanting to apologize for killing Kouta's family and she starts crying(causing me to start to cry a little).

Then when Kouta says he cant forgive Lucy for killing his family,but also can't let Lucy leave because he loves her.Again I felt like crying because it really show how important Lucy was to Kouta and how much he loved her.

And the have their first kiss,this enlighten me and caused me to feel really happy.Then the flashbacks of their childhood begin to appear and I had been fighting my tear but after this there only some much a guy can handle and I start balling the f*ck out and start crying like a b*tch.

Lucy leaves to fight against the soldiers and her other horn get shot off.Which cause me to think that Lucy once again died.

Then when Wanta starts barking and Yuka asks "Is someone at the gate?" I automatically amuse that it's Lucy.We see someone standing behind the gate and I'm all like "yes it has to be Lucy" but then my mind start to think "what if its not Lucy and its someone else".

Kouta goes to open the door then music box stops playing and then all of a sudden I hear "dougounga"(the noise the clock makes)and the clock that wasn't working throughout the whole series started working and Kouta comments about the clock working and then all I see is darkness with the words "DAS ENDE".

So we dont get to see who was behind the gate,obviously it had to be Lucy anybody else and it wouldn't make sense.But my mind didn't like this about the ending,I keep wondering "what if it wasn't Lucy?","Then who could have it been?". Throughout the whole night I couldn't sleep,now I was thinking about this "Did Lucy die after her horns were both shot off?", "Yes", "No","Maybe","IDK".If she did survive would she and Kouta start a relationship and fall back in love again like they did when they were kid?

Ultimately there how I think things turned out after Lucy survived.It was exactly like the manga and Lucy dies to healing Kouta and Kouta kills the DNA vioce.

Or another version I accepted is that Lucy stopped Chief Kakuzawa's plans for world domination and pretty much just like the manga except Lucy doesn't died,Kouta finally forgives Lucy for killing his family and they fall back in love.

I made this thread mainly for myself because I really loved the series and want to remember how I felt about the ending.So that when I choose to reread the manga and rewatch the anime in about a few months or years I can compare and contrast how the series affected me personally.And also to share my experience with anyone who has followed the series and loved it as much as me.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    In order to make this world a
    better place you have to make
    your mind a better place.

Re: Elfen Lied's Anime Ending

Does anyone watch this except you???

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't stalk my profile, it
    stalks YOU! o.o

I watched it a long time ago.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What took yu so long to watch?

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place

like seriously i did not expect this

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be as active - learned
    that double standards doesn't
    stimulate my will to
    participate.

Oh?
    The manga and anime has different endings then, judging by what you've written.
    Idk, I've only read the manga and it sure was a bitter-sweet ending..

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take Me Home, To The place, I
    belong, West Virginia,
    Mountain Momma

i watched it so long ago it was pretty epic

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hēi is not allowed to have a
    status.

Pretty good anime....the ending was perfetcly suited for the main plot in general

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    阿良々木 暦

Quote Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post
    What took yu so long to watch?
    I had watched the anime up to episode 10 but then I had choose to finish reading the manga first,so I read the remaining 50 chapters first before finishing the anime.Then I choose to rewatch the anime from the beginning to remember anything I forgot and to get back into the feel and emotion of the whole story and plot.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    阿良々木 暦

Also I forgot to mention this^ but I'm kind of conflicted about whether or not I should start to reading Death Note.A few people recommended it to me and so far I'm not sure whether or not to waste time to read the whole manga and then watch the anime.

I honestly dont know anything about Death Note,other than it's kind of like Elfen Lied based on the people who recommended it.I was thinking of reading it's wiki for info about Death Note but then I thought it might have some spoilers,so I choose not to read it.And I know alot of people there on the base have read Death Note so if someone can post a summary of Death Note that doesn't include any spoilers it would be appreciated.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be as active - learned
    that double standards doesn't
    stimulate my will to
    participate.

Quote Originally Posted by DanUchiha57 View Post
    Also I forgot to mention this^ but I'm kind of conflicted about whether or not I should start to reading Death Note.A few people recommended it to me and so far I'm not sure whether or not to waste time to read the whole manga and then watch the anime.

I honestly dont know anything about Death Note,other than it's kind of like Elfen Lied based on the people who recommended it.I was thinking of reading it's wiki for info about Death Note but then I thought it might have some spoilers,so I choose not to read it.And I know alot of people there on the base have read Death Note so if someone can post a summary of Death Note that doesn't include any spoilers it would be appreciated.
    Well, this'll only be a tiny summary, but it's the concept which makes this story so interesting, not to mention the epic characters in it!

It's about a senior high school student, Yagami Light, whom is all but amused. Bored with how the world is, how nothing interesting happens, the equally bored Shinigami(yes, this story contains supernatural phenomenon) decides to drop a so called 'Death Note'.
    Yagami is the one to pick it up after, Ryuk, the shinigami, drops it into the human world and this Death Note works so that the person's name which is written in it, will die in 40 seconds of a heart attack, unless conditions is written etc.
    Then there is L, one of the most epic characters in manga/anime history, IMO.
    A private, yet self-hiring detective out to stop Yagami's vile attack on human morals and so on~

Really, start with the anime, the manga and anime both use the same story without fillers, though they are always a bit different in the end.
    I say that because of the amazing voice acting that is being done in that series!