Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Is Gaara starting to be underrated....?

I'm starting to see more on more people to start to say gaara has no chance against top tier shinobi.
    I doubt that because for one he has moves that are almost inescapable. That are huge landscape changers.

One reason people say "well he lost to Deidara" this is completely one sided way to look at things just like for anyone to say "itachi lost to saskue" he had to protect a whole village while fighting a top 20 ninja.

Also people insanely say "Jinchuuriki Gaara>Current Gaara" Which i think makes no sense since we have seen greater control of sand after he lost the one tails.

it's fact that the love his mother had for him is the reason why is sand deafens him not the one tails.

Also it would be insane to think (post fight with naruto in part one)Gaara didn't start to practice while not use the one tails power.

He has also received praise from from the Second Mizukage going as far as to call him the "golden egg amongst the Kage" which is huge coming from a top 15 ninja. Also he was able to become a kage at 15.

all in all Gaara is one level below Naruto and Saskue because we have not seen him finish a one on one fight with a strong opponent with no distractions and please don't say "look what happen to him after the fight with edo Madara" because That would have happen to Naruto and Saskue if the where put in his place.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanna be SWEET

Re: Is Gaara starting to be underrated....?

I agree. Gaara is better off without the one tails.

Don't front.
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Underrated? Quite the opposite IMO. I've seen Gaara > Hashirama, Gaara > Sasuke and Gaara > Onoki recently.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well if he still had Shukaku he could've become a Perfect Jin no?

Top Deidara fan. Hipster Deidara's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Location reminds me of cats and cats spit out hair lol.. wait what do i put here?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was never here

Yeah he's getting underrated, but i prefered him with one tails tbh :c

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People are starting to lose their grasp of power levels because of Edo OP characters. Remember in Part One, Gaara did the forest of death without taking a single scratch. And he didn't even take a scratch on a B-Rank mission as a genin. He was an extremely scary character. And characters like Orochimaru and Itachi were the most unthinkably strong characters in the show at that time, and guys like the sannin and kakashi were top characters as well. These days though if its not an Edo Hashi DNA EMS/Rinnegan guy or a jinchuuriki then everyone thinks they suck. Just because Kishi's writing has gone to shit lately does not make the previous strong characters any weaker.

Great Teacher Onizuka brockleetastesgood's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

gaara is awesome, he is one of the only characters that uses their brain to win

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    People are starting to lose their grasp of power levels because of Edo OP characters. Remember in Part One, Gaara did the forest of death without taking a single scratch. And he didn't even take a scratch on a B-Rank mission as a genin. He was an extremely scary character. And characters like Orochimaru and Itachi were the most unthinkably strong characters in the show at that time, and guys like the sannin and kakashi were top characters as well. These days though if its not an Edo Hashi DNA EMS/Rinnegan guy or a jinchuuriki then everyone thinks they suck. Just because Kishi's writing has gone to shit lately does not make the previous strong characters any weaker.
    Wow. Finally someone who has sense. I totally agree with this.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't know about your post, Lately I have seen Gaara get some great recognition for his abilities. Things like making his own desert and beating a couple of the passed kages. Gaara has shown his worth and I have not seen him underrated. I thought everyone agreed that Gaara right now it more powerful that his Jinchuriki days. We all saw that when gaara was fighting against deidara he had to protect his village and gets more credit for that than winning the fight. I don't know about others but Gaara has sure earned my full Respect as a Ninja if that means anything.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's the opposite as Gaara is overrated.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He's getting overrated if you ask me.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsword57 View Post
    I don't know about your post, Lately I have seen Gaara get some great recognition for his abilities. Things like making his own desert and beating a couple of the passed kages. Gaara has shown his worth and I have not seen him underrated. I thought everyone agreed that Gaara right now it more powerful that his Jinchuriki days. We all saw that when gaara was fighting against deidara he had to protect his village and gets more credit for that than winning the fight. I don't know about others but Gaara has sure earned my full Respect as a Ninja if that means anything.
    He lost to Deidara due to protecting the helpless villagers, I agree. His sand control and his techniques have all evolved and improved considerably since he fought Naruto too.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never let anyone stop you. Go
    full force with what you
    believe in! Shine like the
    star you are!

Personally, I have loved Gaara since the beginning of the show and for those that say he is "underrated" are just stating an opinion. To me, I feel he is one of the stronger shinobi. Afterall, he IS the Kazekage, and in order to be that, you must be very powerful. Not to mention he is also head leader of his squad in the "Fourth Great Shinobi War" Personally, Gaara to me did not loose to Deidara, but instead only was weak for protecting his WHOLE village with his power. He has a very strong dedication for his people now, which may have calmed him in some ways from his maniacal persona he use to be, which was blood thirsty and power hungry. Now, in his state, he is alot more sane, and to me, alot more smarter.

Even though Gaara has lost the "One tailed beast", he is still a very powerful shinobi in his own right. Even though alot of fans like to say "But what if Gaara had the "One Tails" he would be so strong yadda yadda" yeah, but he doesn't now, and he STILL is holding his own quite well. He may not be as strong as Naruto or Sasuke OBVIOUSLY, but he is indeed up there imo :3

Status
    May 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i don't think he's overated, he won all his battles against the edo (against his father) and was really helpfull in seal the 2nd mizukage away
    he just got paired with and extremely powerful opponent that's all, its the same with all the kages

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He get underrated to me when people think it enough to say saskue rapes him and yes i have seen those post with Gaara vs saskue but it than followed with people saying he has zero chance of beating him.
    Also thanks to those to who agreed or disagreed while giving a reason.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    full force with what you
    star you are!

Ugh, i keep messing up my posts xD

Last edited by AnimeFanGirl4Eva; 10-06-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    full force with what you
    star you are!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    I fully agree with you completely :3

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by XMANG55 View Post
    He get underrated to me when people think it enough to say Saskue rapes him and yes i have seen those post with Gaara vs Sasuke but it than followed with people saying he has zero chance of beating him.
    Also thanks to those to who agreed or disagreed while giving a reason.
    Yea I see where you are coming from but don't let those comments get to you. I have seen comments saying "Sasuke has nothing on Gaara." This is literally a thread going on as we speak. The most respectable thing you can do is use the manga to prove them wrong. Yes, I agree sasuke defeats Gaara, but you will never see me agree to Sasuke "destroying" "Raping" or "beating gaara low difficulty" because these statements are clearly absurd.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Jinchuriki Gaara > Current Gaara, here is my reasons:

- I see almost no difference between Jinchuriki Gaara who fought Kimimaro and Deidara and current Gaara in sand control. Jinchuriki Gaara could do almost everything current Gaara can do
    - Jinchuriki Gaara could turn into Shukaku which gives him much more raw power. How does current Gaara beat Shukaku?
    - Shukaku gives him wind release, and powerful fuuton jutsus things he doesn't have anymore

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsword57 View Post
    Yea I see where you are coming from but don't let those comments get to you. I have seen comments saying "Sasuke has nothing on Gaara." This is literally a thread going on as we speak. The most respectable thing you can do is use the manga to prove them wrong. Yes, I agree sasuke defeats Gaara, but you will never see me agree to Sasuke "destroying" "Raping" or "beating gaara low difficulty" because these statements are clearly absurd.
    Yea I 100% agree

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

He underrated when people say Kakashi could beat him

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Just because Garra doesn't beat Sasuke or Naruto doesn't degrade him what-so-ever. He is still a kage level ninja, a major defensive presence, as well as the fact that he is equipped with a deadly arsenal of techniques that could destroy a great majority of the narutoverse.