Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Member Maito Gai's Avatar
    Status
    Maito Gai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're depressed you'e
    living in the past, If you're
    anxious you're living in the
    future, if you're at peace
    you're living in the present.
    -Lao Tzu
     

    plot hole?

    I was just thinking if madara was such a boss and Hashirama beat him.
    Then how did the 3rd hokage beat him and his brother while he was an old man without taking serious damage?
    he just sealed them away like it was nothing (yes it was the reaper death seal but he shouldn't have been able to just hold the 1st still :P )
     
         

  2. #2
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    because sarutobi is a boss lol. Yeah I noticed that too, I thought the 1st and 2nd got the shaft in that fight and they were completely undersold. maybe thats why hashi doesnt seem like he could stand up to madara, hopefully theres still time in the series to give hashi justice
     
         

  3. #3
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Gai View Post
    I was just thinking if madara was such a boss and Hashirama beat him.
    Then how did the 3rd hokage beat him and his brother while he was an old man without taking serious damage?
    he just sealed them away like it was nothing (yes it was the reaper death seal but he shouldn't have been able to just hold the 1st still :P )
    this is because orochimaru was manipulating their attacks , and he was never alive when they where hokage so he knew nothing more of their abilities than the rumours..... thats why they seemed weak
     
         

  4. #4
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    this is because orochimaru was manipulating their attacks , and he was never alive when they where hokage so he knew nothing more of their abilities than the rumours..... thats why they seemed weak
    that makes perfect sense dude +rep
     
         

  5. #5
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: plot hole?

    cheers man! :D
     
         

  6. #6
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    this is because orochimaru was manipulating their attacks , and he was never alive when they where hokage so he knew nothing more of their abilities than the rumours..... thats why they seemed weak
    I disagree. Kabuto knew nothing about Muu or the 2nd mizukage. The 1st looked bad because that fight was staged too early in the series. Just like zabuza vs kakashi. Kishi had yet to fully develop their backgroungs, abilities and legends
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mejkl3's Avatar
    Status
    Mejkl3 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Its because Orochimaru remote controlled the 2 and toyed with Sarutobi and thus underatted him.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member peteriscoo's Avatar
    Status
    peteriscoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    College Bitches
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    I disagree. Kabuto knew nothing about Muu or the 2nd mizukage. The 1st looked bad because that fight was staged too early in the series. Just like zabuza vs kakashi. Kishi had yet to fully develop their backgroungs, abilities and legends
    Did kabuto do something with the jutsu that orochimaru didnt? part of me wants to say that kabuto improved his master's jutsu somehow but idk
     
         

  9. #9
    Member Shouten's Avatar
    Status
    Shouten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    In my opinion, Edo Hashirama which was summoned by Orochimaru to fight Sarutobi did not do well because the Impure World Resurrection of Orochimaru isn't much perfected unlike Kabuto's.

    But if we are going to regard facts, we still have no facts or actual evidences to answer that boggling question about why Edo Hashirama was defeated in part 1 even though his reputation and strength is so great, as stated by Madara and Kabuto in part 2.

    I am pretty sure Kishi knows that this question puts a question mark on the fans and it needs to be answered, and he'll give an explanation soon.
     
         

  10. #10
    The Amazing Spider-man raziel777's Avatar
    Status
    raziel777 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where evil needs to be fought
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a place to change! A
    phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm
    not that corny!
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by peteriscoo View Post
    Did kabuto do something with the jutsu that orochimaru didnt? part of me wants to say that kabuto improved his master's jutsu somehow but idk
    Kabuto said that he improved the jutsu. But Orochimaru is said to have perfected the Edo Tensei. How can you improve something that was already perfect ? He used a seal that obliterated the edo's persona but Kabuto did too ( 3rd raikage ). The seal and remote control can't be the prob. The fight was staged to early.
     
         

  11. #11
    GOL.D.ACE
    Status
    portgas d luffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Who knows? i'm not even sure myself.
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a drag...
     

    Re: plot hole?

    pointless :D
     
         

  12. #12
    Solo's Avatar
    Status
    Solo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Only thing Kabuto's Edo Tensei do was allow the user to keep their minds. Instead of being mindless zombies. Their bodies was still being controlled.


    Why the 1st and 2nd Hokage vs 3rd Hokage fight seems weak is because of damage scaling.


    In part 1, Rasengan barely destroyed a water tank, now rasengan destroy mountains.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member The God's Avatar
    Status
    The God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Only thing Kabuto's Edo Tensei do was allow the user to keep their minds. Instead of being mindless zombies. Their bodies was still being controlled.


    Why the 1st and 2nd Hokage vs 3rd Hokage fight seems weak is because of damage scaling.


    In part 1, Rasengan barely destroyed a water tank, now rasengan destroy mountains.
    maybe because the character has got better its called character development

    also orochimaru noted that the 3rd was noted as the god of shinobi as he had mastered all the justu in the hidden leaf
     
         

  14. #14
    Deeper zesto's Avatar
    Status
    zesto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale Lakes
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Gai View Post
    I was just thinking if madara was such a boss and Hashirama beat him.
    Then how did the 3rd hokage beat him and his brother while he was an old man without taking serious damage?
    he just sealed them away like it was nothing (yes it was the reaper death seal but he shouldn't have been able to just hold the 1st still :P )
    plot no jutsu obviously
     
         

  15. #15
    Member Pizcobaby's Avatar
    Status
    Pizcobaby is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Oro is in his 50's.. he was most definitely alive during the time of Hashi are you kidding? Hashi is 1 generation above Hiruzen, and Hiruzen one above Oro, similar to difference between Jiraiya and Minato. He wasn't kage when he taught them and didn't become for a while to come. He was alive to see Hashi.
     
         

  16. #16
    Member Pizcobaby's Avatar
    Status
    Pizcobaby is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: plot hole?

    this rep
     
         

  17. #17
    Member LordRevan's Avatar
    Status
    LordRevan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Savior, conqueror, hero,
    villain. You are all things,
    Revan… and yet you are
    nothing. In the end, you
    belong to neither the light
    nor the darkness. You will
    forever stand alone."
     

    Re: plot hole?

    Without Serious damage??? I really don't get why people make it seem like the Reaper Death Seal is no serious damage..... If he hadn't used it.. Sarutobi would've been dead...
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •