Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why do no other villages have sharingan?

So I have made quite a long thread for this, but for those who doesn't like to read, I have made it up in several smaller topics, where I state a "fact" and if you want to know my view and evidence for it, click on the spoiler..

1. Hyuga has a special seal to avoid enemies from obtaining the secrets about the byakugan.
    Well I was wondering because we have seen Ao with the byakugan, and we know that several attempts to acquire byakugan has been made during the time. Many have failed because of the seal in their forehead that will destroy the byakugan when they die, or if they betray the main family. At least that goes for the branch members.

Ao, however, has a byakugan so he must have gotten it from one of the main members, though that is not what this discussion is about. The seal, however, is of some importance. For this post.

2. Uchiha does not have a seal or anything else to prevent enemies from obtaining the secrets about the sharingan.
    Do the Uchiha members have some way of either destroying or sealing their eyes before death, or if they are kidnapped? Well judging from the amount of eyes Obito has it seems like they don't. But then why do no more people outside the Uchiha clan have sharingan?

3. There should have been plenty of possibilities for enemies to steal sharingans during war time or ambushes.
    We know they participated in wars and missions on Konohas behalf:

Chyio says she has fought sharingan users before, which proves it. Also we have seen Kagami during war time.

Anyway some must have died in war as well, but why do nobody have their eyes? I mean we know Kakashi can use it. Danzo as well could, and he even was able to improve his MS eye with hashirama DNA.

4. The sharingan can work with shinobi who doesn't have Uchiha blood.
    I looked at this, where Itachi sees Kakashis sharingan for the first time.

He comments it as if he didn't think anybody else would be suitable for using the sharingan than the Uchiha, which could explain why their secrets are still within their own clan except Kakashi and Danzo, which still keep the secrets within Konoha, but still they don't have any uchiha blood relations..

So it should be possible for other villages to obtain sharingan as well... but why don't any of them have it? The sharingan is obviously more powerful than the byakugan. I don't know if others have asked them selves this question, but right now since there is not much else to discuss, I thought I would bring it up.

5. Perhaps an Uchiha is trained to destroy their eyes, when in a situation where they are about to die or be captured.
    Or perhaps it is because other shinobi are just scared of the uchiha members, and they don't believe they could deafeat them, though I doubt this.. It is more likely that they would destroy their eyes, however, they most likely didn't do this during the Uchiha massacre, since Obito had so many sharingans, yet we saw Danzo destroying shisuis eye before his death, so they might be trained to do it, in case an enemy shinobi were to kill them. Here is proof that Danzo destroyed shisuis eye:

6. Other villages must have acquired a few sharingan during the many years the villages and wars have existed, but they must have been destroyed later or taken by Konoha, or others.
    So it would be weird no other villages have the sharingan, since we can be right to assume it doesn't have any sealing ability like the byakugan. We would, however, be right to assume that enemies must have obtained some a sharingan before, but Konoha has stole them back, perhaps Danzos assains has done it in secret to protect Konoha, or perhaps it was Madara while he was supposed to be dead, he kept collecting eyes - not like there should be many of them, but if there were any he might have taken them for himself. It could also be Itachi in order to protect Konoha, or perhaps Obito...

7. My conclusion in spoiler:
    So I guess it might add up, still I think it is weird that Kishi has shown how many sharingans Obito has collected, also we have seen nothing about other villages trying to get their hands on sharingan, or that they have had sharingan in their possession before.
    It seems a bit unrealistic, and it is not like it would destroy the plot. Even if they wouldn't know how to get MS the 3-tomoe is still pretty good, and it is at least on pair with the byakugan, which it seems everyone has tried to obtain. Specially Kumogakure who kept stealing jutsu, as Onoki said during the kage meeting:

So I do find it a bit strange, and I guess we would be right to assume that somebody has protected Konoha by getting rid of sharingan that would fall into enemy hands, but who was it, and why? There might be more reason than search for abilities to all the sharingans Obito has. If Madara collected some it wasn't for the sake of Konoha, but for himself. I can't help but wonder, if it was just to search for new Dojutsu, and do research. I suspect it might be related to the moons eye plan somehow.

Last edited by thegame; 10-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Why do no other villages have sharingan?

One explanation is that during times of war, people were told that if they came into contact with an Uchiha it was better to flee than to attempt to fight. So they may have just never attempted to steal them.

Also it seems to me like Obito got em all.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

The first one is wrong that seal on the forehead is for keeping the branch family's in line. Also ao uses a ear seal to cover his eye in case someone try's to steal it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard

#3 tobir and madara collected all of the eyes

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're depressed you'e
    living in the past, If you're
    anxious you're living in the
    future, if you're at peace
    you're living in the present.
    -Lao Tzu

That and its a kekkei genkai the uchiha birthright. why they wouldn't steal them?
    either they like their own eyes :D they don't realize they can transplant them
    or before tobi got all the eyes when they went too war in the past the uchiha collected the eyes of their fallen in battle to try awaken their own EMS and prevent it falling into enemy hands :D

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojuro otoribashi View Post
    The first one is wrong that seal on the forehead is for keeping the branch family's in line. Also ao uses a ear seal to cover his eye in case someone try's to steal it.
    Yes that is the main purpose, but it also serves to stop enemies from gaining the secrets. After Kumos attempt on capturing Hinata, her father rescued her and killed the Kumo ambassador in anger. Kumo wanted something in return for that action, or their would be war. Konoha didn't want war, so the Huyga was forced to give up on a body from one of their people, which was what Kumo wanted. So Nejis father did it to protect the main family and the secrects of the byakugan even though Nejis father didn't really want him to. It is all in the chunin exam arc, where Hinatas father talks to Neji after he lost to Naruto. I read it not long ago, so wont quote it.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Here are some quite plausible explanations of how the other Villages has no user of the sharingan:

1. We all know that the Uchiha and Senju made a pact, and they settled in living in one village. So that will answer the main question of how there are no Uchiha's in the other villages, because all of them settled in the Leaf village.

2. It is not shown that Uchiha have no seal which protects the secrets of their dojutsu, but as we all know, the secrets of their bloodline is written in a table which resides in the Uchiha hideout/underground or whatever that is. All the Uchiha has to do is to prevent that table from being read and known by the spies or any other people which have evil interests against the clan.

3. Yes a non-Uchiha may have the sharingan, but only an Uchiha can pass on the genetically the Sharingan. Let us say that maybe there is someone which has a sharingan implanted in his socket, but even if that person has a kid, the kid will not have a sharingan. If the person dies, then the only thing that the person can do is to implant his sharingan to someone else. Basically, the only thing that non-Uchihas can do is to pass a used sharingan to other people, if such is the case.

4. Yes, if there really is someone outside the village of leaf who have obtained the sharingan, the Leaf must have taken all means necessary to hunt down such person.

5. The Hokage, as we all know, eyes and watches over the Uchiha ever since Hashirama lead the village in order to prevent any threat of an uprising from the clan, and at the time of Tobirama, he took certain measures to show that the Hokage acts in good faith to the Uchiha, so obviously, the Uchiha clan gets some sort of protection or watch from the village.

However, all of the sharingans were taken away during the Uchiha genocide.

Last edited by Shouten; 10-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

#3 tobir and madara collected all of the eyes
    Yes I believe this too, but then would you not say that Madara had to somehow keep track of every sharingan user participating in a war? It could be possible with Zetsu, but still Zetsu couldn't overpower strong enemies. He could call Madara, but if he would be far from it he would be too late. I'm just trying to say that the odds that no villages at some point in time had the sharingan in their possession is very low.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    Yes that is the main purpose, but it also serves to stop enemies from gaining the secrets. After Kumos attempt on capturing Hinata, her father rescued her and killed the Kumo ambassador in anger. Kumo wanted something in return for that action, or their would be war. Konoha didn't want war, so the Huyga was forced to give up on a body from one of their people, which was what Kumo wanted. So Nejis father did it to protect the main family and the secrects of the byakugan even though Nejis father didn't really want him to. It is all in the chunin exam arc, where Hinatas father talks to Neji after he lost to Naruto. I read it not long ago, so wont quote it.
    No because the branch family's cannot use the seal on the forehead it is restricted to them as a way to keep them in line that was e only purpose for it. It only has the one purpose. They probly use another technique to keep there eyes from being taken.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

Maybe none of the village members could beat a Uchiha. Plus they have many legends about them. People may have been scared. Even in Konoha people feared them.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    naruto the man

may be the other villages have sharingan but do not use them because the know that the can not maximize the power of it so the choose not to use it..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouten View Post
    Here are some quite plausible explanations of how the other Villages has no user of the sharingan:

1. We all know that the Uchiha and Senju made a pact, and they settled in living in one village. So that will answer the main question of how there are no Uchiha's in the other villages, because all of them settled in the Leaf village.

2. It is not shown that Uchiha have no seal which protects the secrets of their dojutsu, but as we all know, the secrets of their bloodline is written in a table which resides in the Uchiha hideout/underground or whatever that is. All the Uchiha has to do is to prevent that table from being read and known by the spies or any other people which have evil interests against the clan.

3. Yes a non-Uchiha may have the sharingan, but only an Uchiha can pass on the genetically the Sharingan. Let us say that maybe there is someone which has a sharingan implanted in his socket, but even if that person has a kid, the kid will not have a sharingan. If the person dies, then the only thing that the person can do is to implant his sharingan to someone else. Basically, the only thing that non-Uchihas can do is to pass a used sharingan to other people, if such is the case.

4. Yes, if there really is someone outside the village of leaf who have obtained the sharingan, the Leaf must have taken all means necessary to hunt down such person.

5. The Hokage, as we all know, eyes and watches over the Uchiha ever since Hashirama lead the village in order to prevent any threat of an uprising from the clan, and at the time of Tobirama, he took certain measures to show that the Hokage acts in good faith to the Uchiha, so obviously, the Uchiha clan gets some sort of protection or watch from the village.

However, all of the sharingans were taken away during the Uchiha genocide.
    Nice review, anyway my overall premonition was kinda to say that other villages must have acquired a sharingan in their time, at least the odds would point in that way, and Madara probably killed and took them for himself as fast as possible. There would be no reason for the village to tell anyone if they lost the person with the sharingan, as well as they would try to hide it if they had it.

So Madara probably gave Obito same task at some point in time, to collect any sharingan possible. It is weird he didn't go for Kakashis though, but when we know it's Obito it might not be that weird after all. I believe there might still be a few feelings left in him.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No because the branch family's cannot use the seal on the forehead it is restricted to them as a way to keep them in line that was e only purpose for it. It only has the one purpose. They probly use another technique to keep there eyes from being taken.
    Well the seal has another purpose as well, as I said in my topic. When the person dies it seal away his eyes. That was also why Hinatas father didn't think that Nejis father would do, well read for your self:

It is in chapter 105 if you want the full conversation, but here it is stated clearly that the eyes will be sealed when he dies, which is another purpose of that seal.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

good thread, good points.
    It is indeed weird, that in all those battles, before and after the villages were found, there has never been a person shown(who is not from konoha) with a sharingan.

Especially iwakagure, would be expected to have someone with that eye.

+rep.

Last edited by Meowazziel; 10-05-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    So I have made quite a long thread for this, but for those who doesn't like to read, I have made it up in several smaller topics, where I state a "fact" and if you want to know my view and evidence for it, click on the spoiler..

1. Hyuga has a special seal to avoid enemies from obtaining the secrets about the byakugan.
    Well I was wondering because we have seen Ao with the byakugan, and we know that several attempts to acquire byakugan has been made during the time. Many have failed because of the seal in their forehead that will destroy the byakugan when they die, or if they betray the main family. At least that goes for the branch members.

Ao, however, has a byakugan so he must have gotten it from one of the main members, though that is not what this discussion is about. The seal, however, is of some importance. For this post.

2. Uchiha does not have a seal or anything else to prevent enemies from obtaining the secrets about the sharingan.
    Do the Uchiha members have some way of either destroying or sealing their eyes before death, or if they are kidnapped? Well judging from the amount of eyes Obito has it seems like they don't. But then why do no more people outside the Uchiha clan have sharingan?

3. There should have been plenty of possibilities for enemies to steal sharingans during war time or ambushes.
    We know they participated in wars and missions on Konohas behalf:

Chyio says she has fought sharingan users before, which proves it. Also we have seen Kagami during war time.

Anyway some must have died in war as well, but why do nobody have their eyes? I mean we know Kakashi can use it. Danzo as well could, and he even was able to improve his MS eye with hashirama DNA.

4. The sharingan can work with shinobi who doesn't have Uchiha blood.
    I looked at this, where Itachi sees Kakashis sharingan for the first time.

He comments it as if he didn't think anybody else would be suitable for using the sharingan than the Uchiha, which could explain why their secrets are still within their own clan except Kakashi and Danzo, which still keep the secrets within Konoha, but still they don't have any uchiha blood relations..

So it should be possible for other villages to obtain sharingan as well... but why don't any of them have it? The sharingan is obviously more powerful than the byakugan. I don't know if others have asked them selves this question, but right now since there is not much else to discuss, I thought I would bring it up.

5. Perhaps an Uchiha is trained to destroy their eyes, when in a situation where they are about to die or be captured.
    Or perhaps it is because other shinobi are just scared of the uchiha members, and they don't believe they could deafeat them, though I doubt this.. It is more likely that they would destroy their eyes, however, they most likely didn't do this during the Uchiha massacre, since Obito had so many sharingans, yet we saw Danzo destroying shisuis eye before his death, so they might be trained to do it, in case an enemy shinobi were to kill them. Here is proof that Danzo destroyed shisuis eye:

6. Other villages must have acquired a few sharingan during the many years the villages and wars have existed, but they must have been destroyed later or taken by Konoha, or others.
    So it would be weird no other villages have the sharingan, since we can be right to assume it doesn't have any sealing ability like the byakugan. We would, however, be right to assume that enemies must have obtained some a sharingan before, but Konoha has stole them back, perhaps Danzos assains has done it in secret to protect Konoha, or perhaps it was Madara while he was supposed to be dead, he kept collecting eyes - not like there should be many of them, but if there were any he might have taken them for himself. It could also be Itachi in order to protect Konoha, or perhaps Obito...

7. My conclusion in spoiler:
    So I guess it might add up, still I think it is weird that Kishi has shown how many sharingans Obito has collected, also we have seen nothing about other villages trying to get their hands on sharingan, or that they have had sharingan in their possession before.
    It seems a bit unrealistic, and it is not like it would destroy the plot. Even if they wouldn't know how to get MS the 3-tomoe is still pretty good, and it is at least on pair with the byakugan, which it seems everyone has tried to obtain. Specially Kumogakure who kept stealing jutsu, as Onoki said during the kage meeting:

So I do find it a bit strange, and I guess we would be right to assume that somebody has protected Konoha by getting rid of sharingan that would fall into enemy hands, but who was it, and why? There might be more reason than search for abilities to all the sharingans Obito has. If Madara collected some it wasn't for the sake of Konoha, but for himself. I can't help but wonder, if it was just to search for new Dojutsu, and do research. I suspect it might be related to the moons eye plan somehow.

Who said no other shinobi has a sharingan...?!?

We didnt know AO had the byakugan until he randomly popped up with it. Anyone could have the eyes, but if they arent pertinent to the storyline they wont be revealed

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    Who said no other shinobi has a sharingan...?!?

We didnt know AO had the byakugan until he randomly popped up with it. Anyone could have the eyes, but if they arent pertinent to the storyline they wont be revealed
    Of course, that was also somewhat a point of this thread. Kishi could reveal someone now if he wants to, but I do doubt it happen. The fact he didn't might mean something though, he did reveal Ao after all. What was interesting is that Danzo didn't seem to know. And in his thought he wondered why he hadn't taken care of that. So I bet Danzo has taken care of some incidents during the time.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SatchiZurake View Post
    One explanation is that during times of war, people were told that if they came into contact with an Uchiha it was better to flee than to attempt to fight. So they may have just never attempted to steal them.

Also it seems to me like Obito got em all.
    Most reasonable answer, for sure.