Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eatin steaks while yall eatin
    Now n Laters

Gedo Mazou without Rinnegan?

So I was rereading recent chapters and realized something. Madara gave his Rinnegan to Nagato, and now he's plugged up to life support via Gedo Mazou. Isn't the Gedo Statue a strictly Rinnegan ability? I assume he could have just left the statue there before he gave his eyes to Nagato since he wouldn't be able to summon it for quite some time but that just seems weird. Is there anything I'm missing? Maybe when Nagato summoned the Gedo for the first time thats how Madara finally died haha:lmao::lmao:

Orochimaru's Reincarnation Deadai's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hobby's: Grave Robbing.

Re: Gedo Mazou without Rinnegan?

Madara could have summoned the Gedo Mazou to that area prior to giving his Rinnegan to Nagato.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now n Laters

Quote Originally Posted by Deadai View Post
    Madara could have summoned the Gedo Mazou to that area prior to giving his Rinnegan to Nagato.
    That's what I thought it just seems like such a risk, giving away the only way to control the only thing keeping you alive.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Maybe the gedo mazou has the rinnegan, maybe the gedo mazou is the real villain....MAYBE JIRAIYA IS THE GEDO MAZOU!

Protecting the world ShockwavvE's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The gedo statue is the vessel of the ten tails

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'M

you got a point there saying madara died when nagato summoned gedo for the first time..well konan was worried and told nagato not to summon it..why?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now n Laters

Quote Originally Posted by ShockwavvE View Post
    The gedo statue is the vessel of the ten tails
    yes.. yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dornier View Post
    you got a point there saying madara died when nagato summoned gedo for the first time..well konan was worried and told nagato not to summon it..why?
    I'm sure Konan knew nothing about the connection, I was really just joking about that part but if Madara isn't already dead before that happened it's definately a possibility. Would be cool imo.

Last edited by Ira; 10-05-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kishimoto really have to explain the Gedo mazo more, who does it belongs to?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tobito did summon it before he had rinnegan, so I think it's primarily a rinnegan summon but if you are given the contract and have enough chakra, you can summon it:shrug:

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now n Laters

Quote Originally Posted by Zlad View Post
    Kishimoto really have to explain the Gedo mazo more, who does it belongs to?
    yea it's quite confusing lol, if there was a rinnegan vs rinnegan fight would the Gedo statue just be attacking everybody lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TenzaZangetsu View Post
    Tobito did summon it before he had rinnegan, so I think it's primarily a rinnegan summon but if you are given the contract and have enough chakra, you can summon it:shrug:
    Really? What chap was this? I doubt there is any kind of contract for it imo. Contracts are for groups of animals etc. (dogs, hawks, frogs) but the Gedo is just one statue. If there is a contract-like concept I doubt its an actually blood thumb print contract like with the other summons.

Last edited by Ira; 10-05-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaKira View Post
    Really? What chap was this? I doubt there is any kind of contract for it imo. Contracts are for groups of animals etc. (dogs, hawks, frogs) but the Gedo is just one statue. If there is a contract-like concept I doubt its an actually blood thumb print contract like with the other summons.
    It's just a theory. The 'contract' like thing about the gedo-mazo is the synchronization..(Tobito at one point said he wouldn't synchronize Sasuke because he wasn't really affilliated to them)

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Gedo Mazo was probably Hashirama's way of controling all the tailed beast.
    I always tought the Gedo was Hashirama's creation and summoning. And the reason
    why only Rinnegan users are able to use it its because they have the power to learn and control
    any ninjutsu. Including Wood Relese. But sence its just a complex kekkei genkai they cannot created
    without training. Dont forget that Rinnegan is a Sharingan and Mokuton combination.

Nagato wasn't able to create Mokuton and thats why he could control it.
    Same goes for Obito.

And even after Madara gave his eyes to Nagato he still had Mokuton thats why he could control it.

Oh and tge reason why I think Hashirama created Gedo its because Zetsus grow from it, and Zetsus have
    Hashirama DNA.
    But thats just a theory n.n

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now n Laters

Quote Originally Posted by TenzaZangetsu View Post
    It's just a theory. The 'contract' like thing about the gedo-mazo is the synchronization..(Tobito at one point said he wouldn't synchronize Sasuke because he wasn't really affilliated to them)
    I meant what chap did he summon Gedo without Rinnegan? Now that you mention it I remember him talking about Sasuke being the last one capable of synching with it or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake axel View Post
    The Gedo Mazo was probably Hashirama's way of controling all the tailed beast.
    I always tought the Gedo was Hashirama's creation and summoning. And the reason
    why only Rinnegan users are able to use it its because they have the power to learn and control
    any ninjutsu. Including Wood Relese. But sence its just a complex kekkei genkai they cannot created
    without training. Dont forget that Rinnegan is a Sharingan and Mokuton combination.

Nagato wasn't able to create Mokuton and thats why he could control it.
    Same goes for Obito.

And even after Madara gave his eyes to Nagato he still had Mokuton thats why he could control it.

Oh and tge reason why I think Hashirama created Gedo its because Zetsus grow from it, and Zetsus have
    Hashirama DNA.
    But thats just a theory n.n
    Wow nice theory :D +rep even though I cant say I agree with you. I think Madara created the Gedo Mazou with Hashi DNA and Rinnegan. I don't think Madara had mokuton before death either, I'm pretty sure Kabuto added that to his "special" edo, I could be wrong though it's certainly possible he had it before. I'm leaning more towards the "synch" idea. I think he left the statue there knowing Nagato wouldn't be able to summon it for quite some time and since he was already synched to it he was capable of using it to sustain life. I don't think he had any control over it anymore after he gave away his eyes though.

Last edited by Ira; 10-05-2012 at 05:52 AM.