Page 4 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Re: Evolution. Were we really envolve from monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    You do know dogs come from wolves? It's highly unlikely that back then, Noah had a pet pug or Great Dane. Through cross-breeding, new species are made. They didn't have those species back then. So really, you wouldn't need a boat the size of a continent.

There's a thing called the Internet. I shouldn't have to have a Works Cited page because you don't believe what I'm saying. And you don't ask all the other Evolutionists here for their links and sites. It's a little thing called credibility. If you don't believe what I say, that's your choice.
    I honestly believe that the holy books should not be followed word for word, but be used as a foundation for morals, if even that.
    They are clearly not facts so I don't understand why people allow themselves to simply get mouthfed them as if they are. It's ok to believe in a God who created life or made the laws of the universe/correct conditions on this planet seeing as we have no proof either way but not ok to believe that god just randomly made 2 people who were tricked by a snake to eat a mystical fruit or that he ordered some guy to somehow fit all the animals of the world in a boat (not even possible at that time) or any stories of the like despite all the proof against it... (I am merely summarizing these stories and I honestly don't mean to be offensive. I grew up with these stories so I do know the entirety of it but for times sake, I'm grossly summarizing them.)

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

You do know dogs come from wolves? It's highly unlikely that back then, Noah had a pet pug or Great Dane. Through cross-breeding, new species are made. They didn't have those species back then. So really, you wouldn't need a boat the size of a continent.

There's a thing called the Internet. I shouldn't have to have a Works Cited page because you don't believe what I'm saying. And you don't ask all the other Evolutionists here for their links and sites. It's a little thing called credibility. If you don't believe what I say, that's your choice.

All dogs are the same species, so your point is moot. Selective breeding to create different "breeds" of dog does not create new species. And basically what you just told me is "Evolution happened after Noah's Ark to create many more species today than there were back then." Which suggests that you support evolution.....kind of an odd way of explaining it, no?

And the reason why I don't ask for their sources is because these are things I've learned before, I already know where they get their information from as I've learned it for myself beforehand. You on the other hand are throwing out statements I've never heard before and claiming them to be facts, and I'm just curious as to where you're getting this information from. Of course you don't have to reveal those sources, but if you're trying to have an intelligent discussion its pretty counter productive to say "just take my word for it".

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    I honestly believe that the holy books should not be followed word for word, but be used as a foundation for morals, if even that.
    They are clearly not facts so I don't understand why people allow themselves to simply get mouthfed them as if they are. It's ok to believe in a God who created life or made the laws of the universe/correct conditions on this planet seeing as we have no proof either way but not ok to believe that god just randomly made 2 people who were tricked by a snake to eat a mystical fruit or that he ordered some guy to somehow fit all the animals of the world in a boat (not even possible at that time) or any stories of the like despite all the proof against it... (I am merely summarizing these stories and I honestly don't mean to be offensive. I grew up with these stories so I do know the entirety of it but for times sake, I'm grossly summarizing them.)
    THANK YOU! finally someone understands

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatninja13 View Post
    may i just say that if 1/7th of the atmosphere was wiped out there would be no more humans. at all. also animals used to be bigger not smaller because there was more oxygen in the air so they could grow to larger levels also how do you counter dinosaurs and carbon dating.
    All of the stuff I've learned has basically been in my Christian high school, my biological father (who is pretty smart), and researching. Btw, I'm only 16. I'm not a scientist and don't plan to be. To be completely honest, I've learned of carbon dating but forget exactly what it is. However, I've given enough facts earlier on in this debate to support creation and disprove evolution. However, I don't know the answer to everything, as I am still growing in my faith and knowledge.

The bottom line is, and I've said it a good 3 or 4 times already, it's what you believe. Some believe in God and some don't. People such as you and I are going to have to deal with it.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

All of the stuff I've learned has basically been in my Christian high school, my biological father (who is pretty smart), and researching. Btw, I'm only 16. I'm not a scientist and don't plan to be. To be completely honest, I've learned of carbon dating but forget exactly what it is. However, I've given enough facts earlier on in this debate to support creation and disprove evolution. However, I don't know the answer to everything, as I am still growing in my faith and knowledge.

The bottom line is, and I've said it a good 3 or 4 times already, it's what you believe. Some believe in God and some don't. Deal with it.
    see i am a scientist. i could state facts to you through arduous equations to prove points but you wouldnt understand but i am also religious i believe in god frankly nothing you have said came anywhere close to even remotley almost disproving evolution rubidium and strontium dating is measuring the decay of radio active isotopes and dating them back to the creation of said isotopes. it is increadibly accurate and has dated rocks and mineralls back hundreds of millions of years also how do you account for fossile records and the layers of rocks seperating the animals of different time periods

Last edited by thegreatninja13; 10-03-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The bottom line is, and I've said it a good 3 or 4 times already, it's what you believe. Some believe in God and some don't. People such as you and I are going to have to deal with it.
    Oh, dude I am so sorry ... you don't even have a fighting chance.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Because the radioactive half-life of a given radioisotope is not affected by temperature, physical or chemical state, or any other influence of the environment outside the nucleus save direct particle interactions with the nucleus, then radioactive samples continue to decay at a predictable rate. That is, any radioactive nucleus acts as a clock. If determinations or reasonable estimates of the original composition of a radioactive sample can be made, then the amounts of the radioisotopes present can provide a measurement of the time elapsed

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    I completely agree with your bolded point. You could talk until you're blue in the face and they could still deny what you say. That's their choice, and for some reason people don't understand that concept.

You could also say that having two non-living particles make something living is impossible at that time, or rather any time. But I've said all that I've wanted to say on this thread, and hopefully we at least helped theRPGdude figure out what he believes to be true.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I completely agree with your bolded point. You could talk until you're blue in the face and they could still deny what you say. That's their choice, and for some reason people don't understand that concept.

You could also say that having two non-living particles make something living is impossible at that time, or rather any time. But I've said all that I've wanted to say on this thread, and hopefully we at least helped theRPGdude figure out what he believes to be true.
    life can exist from nonliving particles

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatninja13 View Post
    see i am a scientist. i could state facts to you through arduous equations to prove points but you wouldnt understand but i am also religious i believe in god frankly nothing you have said came anywhere close to even remotley almost disproving evolution carbon dating is measuring the decay of radio active Carbon isotopes and dating them back to the creation of said isotopes. it is increadibly accurate and has dated rocks and mineralls back hundreds of millions of years also how do you account for fossile records and the layers of rocks seperating the animals of different time periods
    As a scientist, I would only see it fit that you know more than me. And I've said it before, God made the earth with age. The earth didn't start out as a 'baby' earth, such as Adam and Eve didn't start out as a baby. When it comes to your last post talking about radioactive half-life's and such, I'm lost.

For reals, I've said what I wanted to and am done here. Thanks for the info and all the knowledge peoples.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Its fine to believe in whatever you want to believe in. But you shouldn't do it through ignorance. You yourself just basically admitted to not knowing enough about the subject to make an educated comment about it. If you don't know a basic concept like radioactive decay and carbon dating then I doubt you understand some of the complex mechanisms behind evolution.

It also doesn't help that you're getting your education from a Christian School. The problem with that is that there's an agenda. Instead of looking at the evidence and the facts and making a conclusion, you start from the conclusion and pick and choose the evidence. That's not how science is conducted, and its not going to give you a factually correct perspective. So when you try to address a scientific issue from a theological perspective, you're bound to run into obstacles, just as you're bound to run into obstacles if you try to address God with science.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

people use religion as a crutch and to make sense of the world but all it really comes down to is them simply not understanding the significance of our universe and people who cannot come to the grips with the human condition. we were not made by some omnipotent being who has a fetish for Jewish people and a book that 'mysteriously' only describes the cultures and animals specifically centered around their region.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

As a scientist, I would only see it fit that you know more than me. And I've said it before, God made the earth with age. The earth didn't start out as a 'baby' earth, such as Adam and Eve didn't start out as a baby. When it comes to your last post talking about radioactive half-life's and such, I'm lost.

For reals, I've said what I wanted to and am done here. Thanks for the info and all the knowledge peoples.
    and this is why we have religion which roughly translates to ignorance you asked you got an answer and then you admityou do not understand and back out of the conversation /:

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The fact that evolution has to modify itself and its theories proves that it is an unstable 'religion'. It has to modify itself so that it won't collapse. The Bible, on the other hand, was written in a span of 1500 years and hasn't changed what it says. Even with new discoveries and new technology, the Bible is yet to be proven false.

Am I the only one that thinks that a book, written over 1500 years by over 40 people, that doesn't contradict itself once is anything but supernatural or inspired?
    You do realize that the Bible also asserts that women are inferior to men? And that war in the name of God is justified. The Bible gave people the belief that they were right regardless as to what information was brought up before them. Enter the Spanish Inquisition, hundreds of years of scientific and enlightened study repressed by the Catholic Church, and open discrimination based upon your little book. So yes, I am surprised that you hold the modern era's best achievements as secondary to one of the single most barbaric pieces of literature ever written. Intentions pale in comparison to the results it achieved; violence and chaos.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    Well this topic has been on my mind for quite a while. And I found no cuclusive evidence to the matter. Turns out there's no evidence supporting that we really envolve. We basically who made from a high being. Evolution denotes that life's were made by chance. That's everything just suddenly happen. It's false. If you look around you and see the marvelous thugs in the world it makes me wonder. Were we really created by nothing? Or were we designed? This is not a rant this is a debate on what YOU think. I honestly don't know. And I was wondering if you guys have studied this or believe in God. Cause me I honestly don't believe it. Just seems a bit to far fetched if you ask me. So what you guys think?
    Incoming lock. Also, there is plenty of evidence of evolution, but you have to be somewhat educated to know and understand it. It's god that there is zero evidence for.

Lastly, evolution does not say we evolved from monkeys, instead it paints a very complex picture about how modern monkeys, apes, and chimps all share a common ancestor with humans, meaning we evolved from the same species. Just the DNA evidence alone proves this as a fact, one which cannot be disputed.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

The title alone tells me that you're no more than 12 years old.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaguya fans don't exist

we're all descendants of the Sage of Six Paths...

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

See what some people dont get however is there is a way to be religious and not ignorant many christian demoninations simply change their understanding of the complexities of the bible based on new scientific research people who see the bible as a book of absolute facts that should be taken word for word are few and far between nowadays

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Really people trying to deny evolution? LOL! Lemme squash this 'debate' real quick. Your 'argument' is that God created humans and the earth, so who created God? Don't answer that because I already know what you're going to say, that he's always been there and then you guys have the nerve to say there is no evidence for evolution? This is stupid, there is a shit ton of evidence for evolution, we didn't evolve from monkeys. You can believe there is a God, but don't peddle it as fact. Prime example of how the Bible is obviously wrong, Noah's Ark. Now GTFO.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

evolution is just a theory they still can not prove it same thing with 'god' people cant prove god exist it all matters in what we believe i beleive in god i my self am a christian and i dont really care about what you guys believe i dont want to change what you guys beleive in and and i hope a moderator closes this thread because this is a very touchy topic to some people

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Maybe you guys evolved from monkeys but my ancestors are from Mars O.o

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by minatofan234 View Post
    evolution is just a theory they still can not prove it same thing with 'god' people cant prove god exist it all matters in what we believe i beleive in god i my self am a christian and i dont really care about what you guys believe i dont want to change what you guys beleive in and and i hope a moderator closes this thread because this is a very touchy topic to some people
    Please learn what a scientific theory is...., The way you are using theory is equating it with a hypothesis. Even though Evolution isn't proven, it technically can't because we don't have a time machine, It has SO much evidence that it's more than likely true. Same way a detective would piece clues together to find a culprit is kinda how scientist do what they do.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

LMAO I still cant people dumb ignorant people of this caliber exist today. Evolution really isnt a theory, its a proven fact.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with both theories honestly. Adaptation, natural selection and evolution are very real. If you read the story of Darwin you could easily see how he came up with the theory. However, creationism could be a basic instruction in the genetic make-up of all living things, even in organic things, or even in the laws of the universe. The instruction could simply be "fractalize", thus creating an infinite possibility of building and dissection from the forming of galaxies to the combination of particles.

Honestly, I don't think the book of Genesis is 100% accurate, or the end-all be-all of creation. I see it more as poetic license. Using comprehensible means to explain something unfathomable.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

well trying to argue with ignorant and dumb people is like trying to describe color to a blind person its not going to happen they can imagine whatever they want it doesn't make it true