Quote Originally Posted by AnglePrey View Post
let me get your argument: we didn't evolve from monkeys, but we share the same ancestor family, and we branched off, right?
well, you're then saying we didn't evolve from monkeys, but from their ancestors who became monkeys. that's no better than saying we are monkeys ourselves, if we come from the exact same place anyway.
No, I'm sorry but you don't understand. Stating that we share a common ancestor from 4 to 8 Million years ago with Primates is nothing like saying that Human beings are monkeys.

In other words you and your cousin, if you happen to have one, share a common ancestor - this common ancestor is ether your Grandparents or your Great-Grandparents. Does this mean you and your cousin are the same people? No, you could differ in a multiplicity of ways — privilege, looks, charisma, hair color, eye color, skin pigment, genetic anomalies, personality, environmental pressures, dietary restrictions, IQ, esthetic tastes & vocation. All of those things that make you two different happened in the span of two to three generations.

Now imagine what could happen to the offspring of two such cousins after 6 million years, where in the genetic mutation and drift, dietary constrictions & differing migratory patters carry them in to two distinctly differing species. It's really not that hard to understand — long periods of time where genetic material is passed on followed by punctuated equilibrium.

Do you understand?

it's harder to deny god than science if you ask me
That's fine, though it doesn't have any barring on the subject at hand.