Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Manchester united vs Spurs

The match was very interesting match, Spurs got their first league win in old traford in 23 years congratulations to the youngster, Manchester united did all they could in the second half to break through the defense but Spurs stood their ground. Gotta hand it to the Goal keeper
    3-2 spurs win

Any thoughts on the match

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Manchester united vs Spurs

Great victory for Spurs.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.

A very well deserving win for spur . not a fan of both teams but a good game

Senior Member Naruto N. Uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    too cool for a status

omg tottenham are so ****ing lucky

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

great game i thought that rooney or rvp would get an equalizer :/

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.

they where close . but luck was on spurs side believe it

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

You didn't mentioned the full fact:

They saw their rivals Arsenal crumble in the Derby against the Blue side. Then they followed it up with a win over the arch-nemesis - United, in a win that seemed like eternity to occur.

As for the match, I'm pissed at United's first half. Giggs was non-existent. Nani was woeful in defense. The central midfield contained absolutely no physicality. And Ferdinand was dreaming.

Tottenham deserve its victory; based on their first half and their tactical discipline in 2nd half. United were way too lethargic on the first half as I said and it showed with both goals; especially Vertonghen's one. Sandro and Dembele showed us what United cruelly lacks in midfield on the first half.

Rooney did an excellent entry and brought the much-needed support in the midfield as he replaced the complacent Giggs. His cross for Nani was excellent as United tried to trigger a comeback. But we got excited in the proceedings and Tottenham nailed their 3rd goal on counter. We kept dominating afterwards.
    Kagawa quickly pulled another one. Rooney was unlucky with his free-kick on the post. Got numerous chances but the defense of Tottenham were better held as minutes passed and fatigue grew up on us.

United did a great 2nd half. It's just shameful that we did an equally bad first half. Also, we were a bit unlucky. Lots of saves by Friedel, 2 woodwork and 2 possible penalties ruled-out. A draw will have been well-earned but Tottenham's victory was also well-deserved if we go by their dominance in 1st half and discipline in 2nd half. Had United been a lil' better in 1st half and we would have clinched a draw; maybe even a win.

The duel between United and Tottennham has always been an interesting one as they are the 2 top teams in EPL who still uses 4-4-2 and rapid-firing wingers. United has been coming on top over the years; given a better ammunition on the wings despite the good squad at Spurs. But given that Valencia and Young were out and Nani/Giggs were terrible, Bale & Lennon shined today and this might have proved the difference. Add to that, a very good Walker, excellent Vertonghen, a vastly more beastly midfield in Sandro/Dembele and a disciplined squad and it's why Spurs thumped United in all compartments in the first half.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    You didn't mentioned the full fact:

They saw their rivals Arsenal crumble in the Derby against the Blue side. Then they followed it up with a win over the arch-nemesis - United, in a win that seemed like eternity to occur.

As for the match, I'm pissed at United's first half. Giggs was non-existent. Nani was woeful in defense. The central midfield contained absolutely no physicality. And Ferdinand was dreaming.

Tottenham deserve its victory; based on their first half and their tactical discipline in 2nd half. United were way too lethargic on the first half as I said and it showed with both goals; especially Vertonghen's one. Sandro and Dembele showed us what United cruelly lacks in midfield on the first half.

Rooney did an excellent entry and brought the much-needed support in the midfield as he replaced the complacent Giggs. His cross for Nani was excellent as United tried to trigger a comeback. But we got excited in the proceedings and Tottenham nailed their 3rd goal on counter. We kept dominating afterwards.
    Kagawa quickly pulled another one. Rooney was unlucky with his free-kick on the post. Got numerous chances but the defense of Tottenham were better held as minutes passed and fatigue grew up on us.

United did a great 2nd half. It's just shameful that we did an equally bad first half. Also, we were a bit unlucky. Lots of saves by Friedel, 2 woodwork and 2 possible penalties ruled-out. A draw will have been well-earned but Tottenham's victory was also well-deserved if we go by their dominance in 1st half and discipline in 2nd half. Had United been a lil' better in 1st half and we would have clinched a draw; maybe even a win.

The duel between United and Tottennham has always been an interesting one as they are the 2 top teams in EPL who still uses 4-4-2 and rapid-firing wingers. United has been coming on top over the years; given a better ammunition on the wings despite the good squad at Spurs. But given that Valencia and Young were out and Nani/Giggs were terrible, Bale & Lennon shined today and this might have proved the difference. Add to that, a very good Walker, excellent Vertonghen, a vastly more beastly midfield in Sandro/Dembele and a disciplined squad and it's why Spurs thumped United in all compartments in the first half.
    Nice post +rep
    I just wanted to say that the spurs deserved the victory

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Steel View Post
    Nice post +rep
    I just wanted to say that the spurs deserved the victory
    Thanks but I'm getting used to making just honest and good Sports posts now.
    I wished United had the same consistency in their play as I have in my analysis and wallies

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Chelsea are at the top for another week,thats what matters!!And Man Utd already losing 2 games,gotta say,i'm happy!!

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dragon of Dojima

The blues ftw !