Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    I think the biggest gripe with Tobi being Obito for people seems to be that Obito's age is incorrect in comparison to Yagura being controlled by Tobi.

    Well, I was rereading the early chapters of Naruto, and came across this.


    The main point of that page says Zabuza killed his class 11 years ago.

    Now I see people saying Zabuza in part 1 is 26, and that he killed his class at age 9. Well according to the manga that's impossible, 26-11 is not 9.

    So with those 2 figures we know he either killed his class at age 15, or he was only 20 years old when he died. Based off those two choices, I'd be more inclined to believe he is 20, only because he does not look like a teenager when he killed his class on the bottom panel. (His age is actually irrelevant to my point, it was just interesting lol. Again the main point is that he killed his class 11 years ago.)

    Either way onto the math lol. We know Obito was 13~ during Kakashi Gaiden, and 14~ When he fought Minato. Add the 13 years for part 1, and we get Obito age 27~. Take away the 11 years from when Zabuza killed his class, and that puts Obito at age 16~, and 17~ when the rules changed. That would be 2 years older than when he fought with Minato, and also puts him old enough to be the Tobi that controlled Yagura, and met Kisame.

    Feedback is appreciated.
     
         
    Last edited by Altaneen; 09-21-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Tobi is a good boy! tobitaka's Avatar
    Status
    tobitaka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    the timing is sound, but it means that the blood mist only existed for 2, maybe 3 years tops if it was tobi pulling the strings.
    my guess is that madara was the one that started controlling yagura, and also the one that formed akatsuki, and that tobi took over following his death. i think the reason everyone thinks its impossible is because tobi identified himself as madara to kisame, but this is possibe if it occurred within the 2-3 year timespan.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by tobitaka View Post
    the timing is sound, but it means that the blood mist only existed for 2, maybe 3 years tops if it was tobi pulling the strings.
    my guess is that madara was the one that started controlling yagura, and also the one that formed akatsuki, and that tobi took over following his death. i think the reason everyone thinks its impossible is because tobi identified himself as madara to kisame, but this is possibe if it occurred within the 2-3 year timespan.
    I realize that's a small time frame for the village of the bloody mist. The main point was really just to show Obito meets the time frame to have been the one to have met Kisame. Regardless of who started it or not, that's all I wanted to show.

    Quick edit: I love your sig lmao
     
         

  4. #4
    Lord since #634( •_•)>⌐■-■ MrSimple's Avatar
    Status
    MrSimple is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    2,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exclusive~ •_•)
    •_•)>⌐■-■
    ⌐■_■)
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    IF you look at Naruto and Sasuke or Kakashi's age 14-16 or so you would understand why it's unbelievable but the manga says it's him so I don't know what Madara did to him but it's frustrating.
     
         
    Last edited by MrSimple; 09-21-2012 at 02:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Member Carlhens's Avatar
    Status
    Carlhens is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Chilling
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Before the war is over I want kishi give us some relevant flashbacks about tobi,madara
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSimple View Post
    IF you loot at Naruto and Sasuke or Kakashi's age 14-16 or so you would understand why it's unbelievable but the manga says it's him so I don't know what Madara did to him but it's frustrating.
    This thread shows why he was of the correct age to be the Tobi Kisame met. If you would like to discuss why you think he is impossible as a whole, I'll gladly discuss that with you else where. Please stay on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlhens View Post
    Before the war is over I want kishi give us some relevant flashbacks about tobi,madara
    I'm sure he will.
     
         

  7. #7
    Nami-san you are kawaii <3 Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,580
    Post Thanks / Like
    As another semester commences
    , I disappear once more into
    the sunset
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    there's alot of stuff not explained properly, hopefully we get explainations soon kishi!!
     
         

  8. #8
    Academy Student Assassin85's Avatar
    Status
    Assassin85 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    ummmm.... yeah lol go obito!!
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    That page says Zabuza killed his classmates before he became a ninja, well Zabuza became a ninja at the age of 9 according to the databooks. So basically Kishi contradicted himself, because as you pointed out 26-11 does not equal 9. Normally it wouldn't be such a important thing, but it throws everything off because we don't know if it was Madara took over the Hidden Mist village first and then handed it over to Obito, or if Obito just took it over himself

    I personally think that Madara was the one who took it over first, but we'll just have to wait and see
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot34501 View Post
    That page says Zabuza killed his classmates before he became a ninja, well Zabuza became a ninja at the age of 9 according to the databooks. So basically Kishi contradicted himself, because as you pointed out 26-11 does not equal 9. Normally it wouldn't be such a important thing, but it throws everything off because we don't know if it was Madara took over the Hidden Mist village first and then handed it over to Obito, or if Obito just took it over himself

    I personally think that Madara was the one who took it over first, but we'll just have to wait and see
    I couldn't tell you a thing about the data books, all I know is manga is the ultimate source for Naruto knowledge.

    In the databooks does it say he died at 26?
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altaneen View Post
    I couldn't tell you a thing about the data books, all I know is manga is the ultimate source for Naruto knowledge.

    In the databooks does it say he died at 26?
    Yah it says he died at the age of 26, and graduated from the academy at the age of 9. The manga and the databooks contradict each other. So like I said, we'll just have to wait until Kishi explains exactly what happened
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    I don't suppose you could provide a link to the databook that says that?
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Ero sennin jiraiya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by tobitaka View Post
    the timing is sound, but it means that the blood mist only existed for 2, maybe 3 years tops if it was tobi pulling the strings.
    my guess is that madara was the one that started controlling yagura, and also the one that formed akatsuki, and that tobi took over following his death. i think the reason everyone thinks its impossible is because tobi identified himself as madara to kisame, but this is possibe if it occurred within the 2-3 year timespan.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you, but look at the sad state we saw Madara in this last chapter, and that was right when he first met Obito. He probably hadn't been too mobile for a while, I can't say for sure though.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altaneen View Post
    I don't suppose you could provide a link to the databook that says that?
    No I couldn't do that. But Naruto wikia has Zabuza's age from the databooks, just look there. I would link you to it, but it's forbidden on this site
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Altaneen's Avatar
    Status
    Altaneen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn
     

    Re: Trying to solve the biggest Obito gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot34501 View Post
    No I couldn't do that. But Naruto wikia has Zabuza's age from the databooks, just look there. I would link you to it, but it's forbidden on this site
    I'm sorry, but no databook, no proof...

    I'm not saying the wiki is wrong, but maybe it is.

    I wish I could see these databooks, but still Manga > Databook.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •