Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Name Your Top 5 Best Footballl Players of All Time

This is my list.

1.Maradona-Maradona's talent was without a doubt the greatest ever seen in football.

2.Pele-Pele was the ultimate goal scoring machine in his native Brazil.

3.Cruyff-Cruyff had the skill, control and strength of Zidane and the dribbling and pace of George Best. He was the total footballer.

4.Zidane-Zidane's strengths are his individual skill, ball control, strength and passing.

5.Zico-a remarkable creator of goals with a deft touch and an ability to produce unique shots and skills.

Last edited by kam; 09-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Best Footballl Players of All Time

1.Pele/ World cup at 17, scored over 1000 goals. Also one more than one world cup.
    2.Maradona/ This guy soloed the world cup. Never stopped scoring for his club and holds a good record.
    3.Franz beckenbeuar/ Best defender ever, period.
    4.Cruyff/ Best dribbler ever in my eyes, brilliant player.
    5.Gerd Muller/ Cos' he's awesome..

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SasoriOfTheRedSaand View Post
    1.Pele/ World cup at 17, scored over 1000 goals. Also one more than one world cup.
    2.Maradona/ This guy soloed the world cup. Never stopped scoring for his club and holds a good record.
    3.Franz beckenbeuar/ Best defender ever, period.
    4.Cruyff/ Best dribbler ever in my eyes, brilliant player.
    5.Gerd Muller/ Cos' he's awesome..
    Nice list.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I got misled hahaha. I thought this was a nfl football thread

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like the players nowadays except for the first one :
    1-Kenny Dalglish/ this guy was awesome !!
    2-Steven Gerrard/ my favourite
    3-Fernando Torres/ was incredible at Liverpool
    4-Cristiano Ronaldo
    5-Xabi Alonso
    (not of all time but sure will become)

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I won't list anyone from the current generation as there still time for them to accomplish more things.

1. Johan Cruyff - This guy was given the name "total footballer" for a reason. His success with Ajax/Netherlands as a player speaks for itself. He also gave Barcelona/Spain the blueprint and has a heavy connection to their recent success, while also coaching the dream team in the 90's.

2. Deigo Maradona - Had a huge hand in getting Argentina to WC final not once, but twice and winning it at least once. If it wasn't for his ankle injury perhaps could have done it again, but he was less dominate in 1990 . He also carried Napoli from 1984-1991, in that era it was there most successful and still in their most successful (I think). I don't like the man characteristics and all his scandals, etc, but he was one hell of a talented star.

3. Ferenc Puskás - His steller performance for Madrid and most importantly for his Hungarian national team. The national team he led to the finals only losing 3-2 to Germans after taking a 2-0 lead and actually beating the German in the group 8-3.

Hungary - (June 4, 1950 to Feb 19 1956) 42 victories, 7 draws, 1 defeat. 91.0% winning percentage ratio. Longest time undefeated in 20th and 21st centuries: 4 years 1 month (June 4, 1950 to July 4, 1954). Along with many more world records.

4. Eusebio - He single handily took Portugal to the WC semi final and scored in every game there including some heroic come backs. He was the only one to score VS England, which ended yet to be broken records of 7 consecutive clean sheets and 708 minutes without conceding a goal for the English team. Portugal eventually lost 2-1, and England went on to win, but Portugal did beat Soviet Union for third, who had one of the best keeps on all time Yashin. The best tournament for Portugal in history, led by Eusebio.

5. Michel Platini - If this guy had Zidane France team, my god what he wouldn't have accomplished. Nevertheless Platini guided France to their first major trophy at the 1984 Euros were he singly handily took them to the final and won it. Platini scored in every game and had a total of 9 goals scored in the 5 games (France scored a total of 14 goals and 9 were from Platini) leading to the final. He also scored about 2-3 game winners, including the final. France should've also went to the finals in 1982 as in the semi final they should have been given a PK after West Germany GK collide with a France player leaving him KO'd.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Whom I consider as Greatest in my eyes:

1. Zinedine Zidane: The greatest artist, playmaker and attacking midfielder I've even seen. His grace and technique are unparalled; the greatest football player ever in my eyes.

2. Pelé: Does he need introduction?

3. Johan Cryuff: Relax briefly said what was needed.

4. [/b]'Il Fenomeno' Ronaldo[/b]: Arguably the best striker, football has witnessed.

5. [/b]Ronaldinho[/b]: The best dribbler till now in football history. In my eyes, he was a true genius that comes once in a lifetime. He defined dribbling art according to me.

Other 25 players who are in my Top 30 list:

6. Van Basten
    7. Lionel Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo
    8. Ryan Giggs
    9. Michel Platini
    10. Lev Yashin
    11. Diego Maradona
    12. Gerd Müller
    13. Michael Laudrup
    14. Franz Beckenbauer
    15. Ronald Koeman
    16. Eusebio
    17. Bobby Charlton
    18. Alfredo Di Stefano
    19. Zico
    20. Raul
    21. Ferenc Puskás
    22. Figo
    23. Romario
    24. Eric Cantona
    25. Andres Iniesta
    26. George Best
    27. Denis Law
    28. Xavi Hernandez
    29. Kenny Dalgish
    30. Gabriel Batistuta

Whom I see as Greatest according to overall accomplishments, overall skills & abilities:

1. Pelé: I still don't want to make a briefing on him.

2. Zinedine Zidane: Already said everything but in case, someone is not satisfied, one can always look out for all his accomplishments. (especially individual awards)

3. Johan Cryuff: Those who don't know Cryuff's skills, need to see some of his videos or stop calling himself a football fan.

4. Michael Laudrup: Perhaps the most underrated player on that list. Amazingly enough, this is one player (along with Puskas) whom I never saw its videos a year-back. But recently, I've made some researches on many previous players and I've come across this guy whom so many greats cherished with enormous praises. This guy had everything to become the greatest football player ever; if you see his skills and vision on the field.

5. Diego Maradona: Okay, I was gonna say Messi to be frank. I don't know how many will agree with me but I think Messi has surpassed Maradona since 2010; even if he fails on National level. Anyway, that'll remain an eternal debate; except if Messi graduates and gets the 'World Cup' certification with Argentina. So, I won't make much noise and I'll silently complete the sacred Top 5. Maradona was one hell of a talent and leader; no matter his off-field persona and the comparison with Messi.

Franz Beckenbauer said: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s." I'll complete it with Zidane has been the best in the 2000s, Ronaldo or Ronaldinho were the best in the decade between 2000-2010 and Messi or Ronaldo will make likely claim that crown in the upcoming decade between 2010-2020.