Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Hybrid View

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Looking for Volunteers for a Trial Project!

Volunteers wanted!

Hello everyone,

now before reading any further (as I'm sure most wont, and will simply go ahead and post), please do not send anything to my e-mail address if you do not fit the criteria I'm about to give below. It will create unnecessary work, and if it'll take me 4 days to go through half the emails, I'll simply leave it be.

The project I am talking about is an e-Magazine revolving around what's going on with the manga, the anime, Japan in general, it will contain some noticeable global headlines, highlights and news from the RolePlay and our Contests and so on. If you become a part of this project, and it becomes a success, your name will be written on the back and you will indeed receive a reference letter from us, which you can use when applying for a major in journalism for example.

For starting something like that, I will need the following:
    • Journalists/writers, who will put together stories/articles and perhaps conduct interviews
    • Lecturers, who will proofread all stories
    • Designers, who will put everything in one piece

If you see yourself fit for any of these roles, and are generally interested in journalism, please read below:

In order to become a writer, you will need to somewhat prove that you can actually write stories. Having a past of writing FanFictions for example will greatly aid you in becoming one of our Journalists. If you choose to apply for a spot, please include links to any material you would like for me to read, and optionally write something on the spot just for this occasion. Note that this is a requirement; not giving anything as a reference will spare me from reading your e-mail at all.

In order to become a lecturer, you need to demonstrate a high level of skill in typing clear and fluent ENGLISH. You will have a great advantage if you originate from a country where English is the standard- (and your mother-) language. I wont naturally ask you to show me your ID (you can however if you wish), but I will need something similar as for the writer spot. Include any text or piece you have written, that you see fit to work for you as a reference; alternatively, providing a scan of a degree which vouches for your English skills will get you the spot right away.

In order to become a designer, and work as a help and load-share to our official Designers, you need to demonstrate your ability to put together a multi-column page of text, with incorporating several images into the text (yes, it needs to look just like your everyday newspaper). I would appreciate it a lot if you could create that just for this occasion, using any possible text and any images you want to include in it. Being a certified graphic designer is something you would want to mention as well.

How to apply

In order to apply, you need to send me an email at nexus@narutobase.net titled accordingly to the spot you would like:
    • "NBNEWS - writer" for applying for a writer position
    • "NBNEWS - lecturer" for applying for a lecturer position
    • "NBNEWS - designer" for applying for a designer position

Applications start right away, and will remain open. The project will start when the amount of people needed to form a team is accumulated, and anyone else who wants to join at a later point will be welcome as well. E-mails not titled accordingly will be ignored and lost in the sea of emails I get every day (basically the filter wont point them out).

Thanks for taking the time for reading this and showing interest in this project if you decide to apply;

Enjoy, Nexus.

Last edited by Nexus; 07-31-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Death is natural... and to
    deflower such a natural thing
    is a sin, and those who defy
    the whims of Nature shall know
    the true pain in which none
    can shelter and shudder. s
    gift that we all can be happy
    for

Re: Looking for Volunteers for a Trial Project!

i'll take the writing job.

anyway
    want prove

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=218597

also i have several others and the one i showed i have had no help on i just honor my friends.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm like a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by izinagi54 View Post

anyway
    want prove

also i have several others and the one i showed i have had no help on i just honor my friends.
    After reading your FF, I doubt you could get a job writing for a preschool. That was absolutely horrendous, yet you received 11 thanks? This is why I don't write FF's on NB anymore.

Anyway, Nexy-boo, I'll hit you up on IRC about this.

Quote Originally Posted by saskanaru View Post
    hi
    Damn, double posting spam in a thread made by Admin? That's some ballsy shit right there!

Oh wait, if I don't add something to this post, that would make me a spammer too. Ooh, I got it.

If you insist on me filling out an application, I 'spose I will.

Last edited by Lawliet; 08-13-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by izinagi54 View Post

anyway
    want prove

Ironic you apply for a writing job and misspelled "proof"

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Read the entire thing,

I can't wait! And i might try and sign up for a lecturer, but i don't think I can be a writer, since i havn't been bothered to write a fanfic yet.

But this will be awesome, nice idea Nexus

anyway
    want prove

I vouch for this guy - his really good

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Death is natural... and to
    deflower such a natural thing
    is a sin, and those who defy
    the whims of Nature shall know
    the true pain in which none
    can shelter and shudder. s
    gift that we all can be happy
    for

Quote Originally Posted by Dribbles View Post
    Read the entire thing,

I can't wait! And i might try and sign up for a lecturer, but i don't think I can be a writer, since i havn't been bothered to write a fanfic yet.

But this will be awesome, nice idea Nexus

I vouch for this guy - his really good
    thanks man... i appreciate it.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lucid.

This is great, I'll send my application tommorrow and just hope for the best.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

Hey! I have a question. I'm not a designer, but I'd like to help, mostly with some art by hand. Would that be useful? Do ya need any kind of illustration for RP or something like that?

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah i vouch izangi54 too sorry if i spelled ur name wrong u write good fanfics

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Nexus I have a few questions, if I may? If I'm interested in applying for a writer position will topics be assigned to me to write on or would it be random stories? How much time would I have to meet a deadline? I just want to know more specific information, so I can put in 100%, and also to known that I would be able to complete assignments on time. I have actually been thinking of becoming an actual writer and I'm ready to start taking those steps.

Thank you for your time. Once my questions are answered then I will be applying for a position as a writer. ^_^

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 08-01-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    Hey! I have a question. I'm not a designer, but I'd like to help, mostly with some art by hand. Would that be useful? Do ya need any kind of illustration for RP or something like that?
    Hand drawn illustrations always need to be refined and adjusted to be usable anywhere on a PC, and that needs to be done by a designer. If you can't do this yourself, it would actually only put more work on the others, so no, sorry, I'm not really looking for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    Nexus I have a few questions, if I may? If I'm interested in applying for a writer position will topics be assigned to me to write on or would it be random stories? How much time would I have to meet a deadline? I just want to know more specific information, so I can put in 100%, and also to known that I would be able to complete assignments on time. I have actually been thinking of becoming an actual writer and I'm ready to start taking those steps.

Thank you for your time. Once my questions are answered then I will be applying for a position as a writer. ^_^
    Well, as to the topics; the majority will be picked by you (the writer) and some will be assigned to you from time to time. How much time would you need depends on how many writers blocks you get I guess lol you wont be writing bibles in any case, so nothing should take too long.

Perhaps as a reference it would help you if you knew that I plan to have the editions either bi-monthly or quarterly, so there wont really be much pressure time wise. All tho, if it turns out to be a success, the whole project, and if there will be enough material to put in an edition, it could become monthly as well.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Hand drawn illustrations always need to be refined and adjusted to be usable anywhere on a PC, and that needs to be done by a designer. If you can't do this yourself, it would actually only put more work on the others, so no, sorry, I'm not really looking for something like that.

Well, as to the topics; the majority will be picked by you (the writer) and some will be assigned to you from time to time. How much time would you need depends on how many writers blocks you get I guess lol you wont be writing bibles in any case, so nothing should take too long.

Perhaps as a reference it would help you if you knew that I plan to have the editions either bi-monthly or quarterly, so there wont really be much pressure time wise. All tho, if it turns out to be a success, the whole project, and if there will be enough material to put in an edition, it could become monthly as well.
    I see! Thank you so much for the clarification. I will be sending an application to you via email then. :ice:

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

You mean like re-size? I'm not sure what other things you can do to a image to be usable on a pc. If it is re-size, well, that's actually very easy.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    You mean like re-size? I'm not sure what other things you can do to a image to be usable on a pc. If it is re-size, well, that's actually very easy.
    I didn't mean that, what I meant is that a scan of a drawing can never match the quality of a digital design, so it needs to be worked on.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Thanks for clearing this up ^^
    I was also having the same doubts on whether this magazine will be monthly or bi-monthly or more.

And if I got your point, the bigger the team, the less the workload, right?

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up ^^
    I was also having the same doubts on whether this magazine will be monthly or bi-monthly or more.

And if I got your point, the bigger the team, the less the workload, right?
    Yes, and it would also add to the variety of the content. I'm not looking for someone who will just write about the heavily overestimated shine in Sasukes eyes; I want a group of different people who will want to write about everything from earthquakes in Japan to the recently released games for PS3.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

kk I get now. Sigh-I don't know if I'm good enoug editing images at pc, but I guess you judge that.
    The other thing I wanted to ask is the next: The final outcome(newspaper-like) will be a simple-static image or a hypertext system? I think this really important, cause changes what kind of ppl can apply to design the NB newspaper.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems very interesting. Hopefully I can take part the writer position seems very fun ^_^

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Sorry Nexus, I worded the title of my email wrong. I put Writer Application: ThatOneChick from Naruto Base instead of the instructions you listed above. Please don't ignore it because of that small mistake. Again, very sorry that it wasn't exact.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

I'm considering applying for the writer position, but I do have one question. If there are multiple writers, will we be able to converse amongst each other collaboratively?

I'm hesitant to do this at all since I am writing a novel at the moment which I intend to have published at some point in the next year or so. I guess I'm just curious and wouldn't want to get involved in something that would take up too much of my time.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Princess of Kumogakure

I just wanted to ask you a question about this. My question is if this becomes a success and like you had said we would receive a reference letter from you, would it be sent through the mail or would it be electronically?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

My gut tells me that this'll be good.
    I trust my gut.
    I'll definitely help.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    私は助手席です

I have a question about the designer position. Do the designers have to create the images they use themselves or can they use images they find and edit them a little bit to make them look more appealing?
    I also have a question about the writer position. You stated that an exmple of a topic can be the RP section, are writers allowed to write reviews of battles and/or tournaments?

And then I have a general question, is it possible to work with multiple people on one article so that you can get a more objective result?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the words of the late,
    great Colonel Sanders:
    "I'm to drunk to taste
    this chicken "

I will send an application tonight. Great idea.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absoun!

Until when is the apps open nexus-sama

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»