Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swaggin it up
     

    Re: Sex and Violence

    Whats the bush line? "theres no sex in your violence" totally irrelevent, but had to be posted
     
         

  2. #27
    Disturbed and Sexy ODDtobi's Avatar
    Status
    ODDtobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Away from home
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plotting your death
     

    Re: Sex and Violence

    Solid points.More sex More violence
     
         

  3. #28
    Sir Hoshigaki's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Hoshigaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    #KisameIsMyHomeboy
     

    Re: Sex and Violence

    Good thread
    But by not showing sex and educating could lead younger people to getting pregnant and having unprotected sex.
     
         

  4. #29
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    Whats the bush line? "theres no sex in your violence" totally irrelevent, but had to be posted
    :lmao: I'm curious, what are trying to say with that?
     
         

  5. #30
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    If parallel lines meet at
    infinity - infinity must be a
    very noisy place with all
    those lines crashing together!
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Okay, so what about sex and violence? What I want to know is why it's okay to show gore and mutilation on tv, but showing a woman's nipple is just too much. There has to be a real reason for this. Violence is a major problem in society, so why show so much of it all over the place? I haven't heard of sex being a problem unless it's rape, but half of the time I think rape happens because sex is shunned so much, especially with kids who grow up thinking sex is a problem for some reason.

    A parent will take their little kid to see a PG-13 movie like Batman, Spiderman or even back in the day when the LotR movies came out. So violence is okay for a young child to see, but if it was a movie about sex then there's no way a parent would let them see it. I get that there needs to be something to entertain the audience, so why not swap out violence for sex, it's a lot safer since now the kids won't be thinking about killing people.

    Also, on NB for example (not that I'm picking on NB, just an example), it's okay for people to have signatures and avatars ect. with girls exposing rather large portions of their breasts. It's okay as long as the nipple isn't shown, so basically a pasty will do. However, a man can be shown topless with nothing covering his nipples...O_o did I miss something? would it be okay if someone photoshopped a man's nipples onto a woman's breasts and showed that? They'd be cover her real ones, so that should be okay, right? (I'm being sarcastic to drive my point home )

    So what is it about this? Why all the wierdness? Oh, and also, it's okay to have a woman wearing panties, but if you take those off there's a problem. Newsflash, there's not that much to see, just like with nipples. I can almost understand not wanting to show a man's genitals because that's just...nasty, but there's nothing so intense about a naked woman, it's highly overrated actually.Ultimately, why is it that someone's guts being ripped from their body while they scream in agony okay, but a nudity isn't? A person's insides are a lot more gross and revolting than a person's outsides.
    There are so many things wrong in this post that I am not sure where to begin with.

    Starting with violence- It depends on a lot of factors at times- views of parents, age of the kid and maturity level when it comes to such decisions that what movies they allow them to watch and which ones they don't.

    IMO Showing violence to younger kids is not really a positive thing. They should not be exposed to it if one can help it or as long as a parent can help it. Even as adults seeing too much of it on a regular basis simply lessens our sensitivity to such crimes after a while. In fact criminal minded come to enjoy it. There are multiple cases where crimes happen in RL inacting the scenes from movies or shows while the opposite examples are rare if any.

    Sex- lol at the bolded parts.

    In other words you want your parents to take you to watch P*rn. That's what those movies are called you know. And some of them have both the things you mentioned.


    As for naked pic of a guy's private parts: Double standard much? How do you know some of the people of the both sexes may disagree with your right there. I am sure we will get enough people to use only that part in that ava and siggys if we allow it.

    You cancelled all your argument yourself with that one line. Naked pictures, in essence , objectify the other sex to the max and are simply against human dignity.

    About ava: Some nudity in work of art is allowed because there is a little thing called artistic lisence. We still have a line to draw somewhere and maintain some decorum. Hence the restriction after a limit.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 07-28-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: weired typo

  6. #31
    LonelyAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    LonelyAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Litter Box
    Posts
    24,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    ۩ Cat of Sunagakure ۩
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    You mentioned Lotr, I'm with you whatever you say ...

    You points are very good because they are very true.
    (Well I think they are )

    I laughed when you said showing a mans genitals is just nasty agreed ^^

    (I Never took into account maturity levels...good point Tsuchi)
     
         
    Last edited by LonelyAssassin; 07-28-2012 at 06:43 AM.

  7. #32
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
    There are so many things wrong in this post that I am not sure where to begin with.

    Starting with violence- It depends on a lot of factors at times- views of parents, age of the kid and maturity level when it comes to such decisions that what movies they allow them to watch and which oneds they don't.

    IMO Showing violence to younger kids is not really a positive thing. They should not be exposed to it if one can help it or as long as a parent can help it. Even as adults seeing too much of it on a regular basis simply lessens our sensitivity to such crimes after a while. In fact criminal minded come to enjoy it. There are multiple cases where crimes happen in RL inacting the scenes from movies or shows while the opposite examples are rare if any.

    Sex- lol at the bolded parts.

    In other words you want your parents to take you to watch P*rn. That's what those movies are called you know. And some of them have both the things you mentioned.


    As for naked pic of a guy's private parts: Double standard much? How do you know some of the people of the both sexes may disagree with your right there. I am sure we will get enough people to use only that part in that ava and siggys if we allow it.

    Basically you cancelled all your argument yourself with that one line. Naked pictures basically objectify the other sex to the max and simply against human dignity.

    About ava: Some nudity in work of art is allowed because there is a little thing called artistic lisence. We still have a line to draw somewhere and try to maintain some semblence of dignit. Hence the restriction after a limit.
    A most excellent response, I applaud you. There is no denying though that many parents bring their children to movies that show excessive violence or intentionally allow their children to watch it. However, if a sexual scene emerges, they immediately fast forward that part. (I know, it's happened more times to me than I can count and to many people I'm acquainted with.)

    I do detect a bit of bias with some of your other points. Male genitals are rather, extreme. The only part of a woman that is so blatant is the breasts themselves, every other part is rather bland, it's all internal. Males, however, have more to it. I don't want to get into it, but you know what I mean. A woman's nakedness is highly overated, there's hardly anything special about it. A man's nakedness shows exactly what can be done with a woman's.

    I'm not saying that if a female is exposed that's okay and if a male is it isn't. What I am saying is that I could see why a man's genitals would be shunned more than a womans. In no way did I say that a double standard should be in place, I only said that I'd understand it. Personally, I couldn't care less if a naked man is running about, I have no interest. I believe you may have misunderstood my statement. I'm just saying there's more "stuff" on a man than there is a woman; that's a fact.

    I'm also an advocate for eliminating all nudity and violence; but at the same time I can't help but wonder if more education in sexuality would benefit people.

    I don't care about what people show in their avatars and signatures, though I do find it a bit childish when males have half naked women in them. It's the women who should have naked females in theirs and men should have half naked males in theirs (if it's going to happen at all that is). I do not understand why a woman should be so opposed to their own bodies, and why men are so attracted to females that they'd actually have them as avas and sigs. More education should fix this I think.

    If I haven't explained myself well enough, do tell me.

    Oh, I forgot, you should know that I'm old enough to buy my own p@rn, I don't need my parents to take me. :rofl: Not that I'd ever want them to, though sexual education is a plus.
     
         
    Last edited by Shinobi Train; 07-28-2012 at 06:46 AM.

  8. #33
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    If parallel lines meet at
    infinity - infinity must be a
    very noisy place with all
    those lines crashing together!
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    A most excellent response, I applaud you. There is no denying though that many parents bring their children to movies that show excessive violence or intentionally allow their children to watch it. However, if a sexual scene emerges, they immediately fast forward that part. (I know, it's happened more times to me than I can count and to many people I'm acquainted with.)

    I do detect a bit of bias with some of your other points. Male genitals are rather, extreme. The only part of a woman that is so blatant is the breasts themselves, every other part is rather bland, it's all internal. Males, however, have more to it. I don't want to get into it, but you know what I mean. A woman's nakedness is highly overated, there's hardly anything special about it. A man's nakedness shows exactly what can be done with a woman's.

    I'm not saying that if a female is exposed that's okay and if a male is it isn't. What I am saying is that I could see why a man's genitals would be shunned more than a womans. In no way did I say that a double standard should be in place, I only said that I'd understand it. Personally, I couldn't care less if a naked man is running about, I have no interest. I believe you may have misunderstood my statement. I'm just saying there's more "stuff" on a man than there is a woman; that's a fact.

    I'm also an advocate for eliminating all nudity and violence; but at the same time I can't help but wonder if more education in sexuality would benefit people.

    I don't care about what people show in their avatars and signatures, though I do find it a bit childish when males have half naked women in them. It's the women who should have naked females in theirs and men should have half naked males in theirs (if it's going to happen at all that is). I do not understand why a woman should be so opposed to their own bodies, and why men are so attracted to females that they'd actually have them as avas and sigs. More education should fix this I think.

    If I haven't explained myself well enough, do tell me.
    You are missing the point entirely.

    I repeat: Naked pictures, in essence , objectify the other sex to the max and are simply against human dignity. Some nudity in work of art is allowed because there is a little thing called artistic lisence. We still have a line to draw somewhere and maintain some decorum. Hence the restriction after a limit.

    If we are to follow your definition and sensibilities we would end up making rules like:

    1: you can show male nipples but not female ones.
    2: You can show the females without undergarments but not males.

    What if the female parts are exposed in the images? How graphic you want the rules to be? And even then some will disagree with what is objectionable and what is not.

    Personally I found such rules and descriptions utterly ridiculous. That's why I support the rules the way they are.

    I wonder if you have any idea how imaginative and graphic people can be. I once removed a signature which had nothing but a tree made of female breasts. Some other I am not even going to tell here. I might have to infract myself for adult content.

    The parents who fast forward uncomfortable scenes- are trying to do just that at the moment- attempting to maintain some decorum and avoiding exposer to the basic but animalistic behaviour to that extent. They are hinting you that there are some things which are essentially more private than sharing it with whole family and friends all the time.

    It is not like seeing those scenes with parents will make you more edcuated unless they start explaining things to you along with it's consequences. The movie will become a documetry about seuxal behaviour.

    But again that depends on family to family and it is up to them. There is process called growth and learning social behaviour along with it. Parents usually follow the rules of the scociety around then and teach kids the same with their actions verbal or non verbal so that they can fit in.

    PS: Saw your edit but it changes nothing. You were mentioning parents taking kids to violent movies and advocating that it should be replaced with sex. :sy: So my points still stand. As for education from such movies- that's the major pit. People think they are getting educated but most only get unrealistic ideas from it and many of them end up screwing up real relationships because of it.

    About men being opposed to their own body? lol again - same can be said to you. Why are you against your own? Why do we get more reports if someone posts images of naked male as against a naked female. SMH
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 07-28-2012 at 07:30 AM.

  9. #34
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
    You are missing the point entirely.

    I repeat: Naked pictures, in essence , objectify the other sex to the max and are simply against human dignity. Some nudity in work of art is allowed because there is a little thing called artistic lisence. [B]We still have a line to draw somewhere and maintain some decorum. Hence the restriction after a limit.

    If we are to follow your definition and sensibilities we would end up making rules like:

    1: you can show male nipples but not female ones.
    2: You can show the females without undergarments but not males.

    What if the female parts are exposed in the images? How graphic you want the rules to be? And even then some will disagree with what is objectionable and what is not.

    Personally I found such rules and descriptions utterly ridiculous. That's why I support the rules the way they are.

    I wonder if you have any idea how imaginative and graphic people can be.
    I once removed s signature which had nothing but a tree made of female breasts.

    The parents who fast forward uncomfortable scenes- are trying to do just that at the moment- attempting to maintain some decorum and avoiding exposer to the basic but animalistic behaviour to that extent. They are hinting you that there are some things which are essentially more private than sharing it with whole family and friends all the time.

    Is is not like seeing those scenes with parents will make you more edcuated unless they start explaing thing to you along with it's consequences. The movie will become a documetry about seuxal behaviour.

    But again that depends on family to family and it is up to them. There is process called growth and learning social behaviour along with it. Parents usually follow the rules of the scociety around then and teach kids the same with their actions verbal or non verbal so that they can fit in.
    Okay, I don't know how to say this properly, my words thus far are obviously missing something. I'm saying that female and male nipples are hardly different. In fact, believe it or not, some men have actually been able to produce milk in order to sustain a child. There's very little difference. I'm wondering why female nipples are shunned while male nipples aren't.

    I respect you to a very high degree; I'm not trying to argue here, just explain my stance, which isn't getting through I guess. I'm not wanting to change NB rules, I only used the base as an example. Please understand this. I'm not one for double standards...

    I'm really trying my best to come up with the right words, so I beg that you forgive me here. In no way am I trying to objectify women; I realize this is common among men so I'm fighting against the foolishness of my gender. I'm 100% unbiased. Okay, that's been laid down; we now know that I'm not biased in any way, shape or form. My sensei taught me better than that.

    I do not see how genitalia objectifies a gender if both are shown equally side by side. People say that p@rn is offensive because it takes advantage of women, but men are shown as much or more as females are. So how is something like that more offensive to women if half the time one is staring at male genitals?

    Lets take this one step at a time so that each thing is discussed properly. I have trouble with multiple topics at once so I'll address them individually.
     
         

  10. #35
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    If parallel lines meet at
    infinity - infinity must be a
    very noisy place with all
    those lines crashing together!
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Okay, I don't know how to say this properly, my words thus far are obviously missing something. I'm saying that female and male nipples are hardly different. In fact, believe it or not, some men have actually been able to produce milk in order to sustain a child. There's very little difference. I'm wondering why female nipples are shunned while male nipples aren't.

    I respect you to a very high degree; I'm not trying to argue here, just explain my stance, which isn't getting through I guess. I'm not wanting to change NB rules, I only used the base as an example. Please understand this. I'm not one for double standards...

    I'm really trying my best to come up with the right words, so I beg that you forgive me here. In no way am I trying to objectify women; I realize this is common among men so I'm fighting against the foolishness of my gender. I'm 100% unbiased. Okay, that's been laid down; we now know that I'm not biased in any way, shape or form. My sensei taught me better than that.

    I do not see how genitalia objectifies a gender if both are shown equally side by side. People say that p@rn is offensive because it takes advantage of women, but men are shown as much or more as females are. So how is something like that more offensive to women if half the time one is staring at male genitals?

    Lets take this one step at a time so that each thing is discussed properly. I have trouble with multiple topics at once so I'll address them individually.
    I know you were not asking the rules to be changed. But you were questioning the reasoning behind it and that's what I explained.

    As for why men's nipple are Ok while female ones are not: Mental conditioning of the society for last two thousand years at least. In many countries they didn't mind it and members of both sexes went topless.:shrug:

    How many of you are comfortable with breast feeding in public? Are you comfortable if your topless sister is sitting together with your four other friends chatting away? would you join them?

    And as for P@rn being offensive to women- Essentially this industry is there to service male "fantacies". How women or relationships end up hurting because of it- it is an adult topic. Not something which lies within parameter of NB discussions.
     
         

  11. #36
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
    I know you were not asking the rules to be changed. But you were questioning the reasoning behind it and that's what I explained.

    As for why men's nipple are Ok while female ones are not: Mental conditioning of the society for last two thousand years at least. In many countries they didn't mind it and members of both sexes went topless.:shrug:

    How many of you are comfortable with breast feeding in public? Are you comfortable if your topless sister is sitting together with your four other friends chatting away? would you join them?

    And as for P@rn being offensive to women- Essentially this industry is there to service male "fantacies". How women or relationships end up hurting because of it- it is an adult topic. Not something which lies within parameter of NB discussions.
    Actually, I think this whole subject is in the grounds of what my teacher would call "truth".

    Listen up, everybody, because this is something you don't hear every day. Truth is subjective. Something one believes to be true is based solely on something one has been taught (usually from childhood). Just because you believe something to be true, does not make it so. If you're taught something, then that means your perception is based on that.

    If we're taught that sex is "evil" or "obscene" in some way, then that is what we'll believe. If we're taught that a person's nakedness is obscene, then we'll always believe it is. If we're taught that drugs or alcohol is bad, then even if we use it, we still think it to be so.

    This is what this discussion boils down to: if you're taught something as a child, then you will never depart from it. If we merely re-evaluated the situation without bias, then maybe, just maybe, we could arrive at a conclusion that would be more beneficial.
     
         

  12. #37
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Newsflash, there's not that much to see, just like with nipples. I can almost understand not wanting to show a man's genitals because that's just...nasty, but there's nothing so intense about a naked woman, it's highly overrated actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    The only part of a woman that is so blatant is the breasts themselves, every other part is rather bland, it's all internal.
    Allow to :rofl: for the 2 above quotes. I'm fasting btw - you could have chosen a debate less "explicit" :lmao:

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I'm wondering why female nipples are shunned while male nipples aren't.
    Well, this world has always been male-centered one. And scientifically speaking, a man gets aroused faster by seeing a women's breasts than vice-versa. So, I guess, that's one reason. And I'm not giving more cause NB is a family forum and Tsuchi already gave some nice explanation.

    And back to your overall topic, let me start it with a statistic:

    "According to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, by the time an average child leaves high school, he or she will have watched the happening of 18,000 murders on television."

    Outraged? Surprised? Intrigued? Well, I'm not. It's true that violence has been way too allowed while that hasn't been such a case for sex. Still, that isn't a reason why we should be more liberal about sex on TV and other media.

    Due to anatomical changes (Puberty) that occurs at a certain age, children are bound to grow curious on sex over certain age. Still, that's something that's bound to occur due to hormonal changes. Yet, sex and porn clearly depicts the raunchiness in sexual acts and isn't good educative material. It's censorship is completely justified.

    On the other hand, there's no hormonal change onto violence. It's not "like come at the age 12, you'll start growing violent tendencies." Violence doesn't shock as much sex! Sex, as it's presented on TV/porn, is a direct ticket to mind perversion/corruption but we can't exclaim that violence corrupts the mind as much.

    You may start putting more limitations onto violence on TV but violence is something that a children is gonna experience in some way at a very tender age. My point is the way sex has been "censored" from general public is completely justified. The lousiness in violence censorship is indeed outrageous. Still, that doesn't mean we should swap for them. It's gonna cause even more societal anarchism.
     
         

  13. #38
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Allow to :rofl: for the 2 above quotes. I'm fasting btw - you could have chosen a debate less "explicit" :lmao:



    Well, this world has always been male-centered one. And scientifically speaking, a man gets aroused faster by seeing a women's breasts than vice-versa. So, I guess, that's one reason. And I'm not giving more cause NB is a family forum and Tsuchi already gave some nice explanation.

    And back to your overall topic, let me start it with a statistic:

    "According to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, by the time an average child leaves high school, he or she will have watched the happening of 18,000 murders on television."

    Outraged? Surprised? Intrigued? Well, I'm not. It's true that violence has been way too allowed while that hasn't been such a case for sex. Still, that isn't a reason why we should be more liberal about sex on TV and other media.

    Due to anatomical changes (Puberty) that occurs at a certain age, children are bound to grow curious on sex over certain age. Still, that's something that's bound to occur due to hormonal changes. Yet, sex and porn clearly depicts the raunchiness in sexual acts and isn't good educative material. It's censorship is completely justified.

    On the other hand, there's no hormonal change onto violence. It's not "like come at the age 12, you'll start growing violent tendencies." Violence doesn't shock as much sex! Sex, as it's presented on TV/porn, is a direct ticket to mind perversion/corruption but we can't exclaim that violence corrupts the mind as much.

    You may start putting more limitations onto violence on TV but violence is something that a children is gonna experience in some way at a very tender age. My point is the way sex has been "censored" from general public is completely justified. The lousiness in violence censorship is indeed outrageous. Still, that doesn't mean we should swap for them. It's gonna cause even more societal anarchism.
    I agree, swapping violence for sex is outragious indeed. Neither should be shown in my opinion, I'm just wondering why violence (which is obiously more damaging than sex) is acceptable over the other. I still do think that proper sexual education is beneficial.
     
         

  14. #39
    Senior Member serenaandrosie's Avatar
    Status
    serenaandrosie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Bodhum
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    you make some very good points and so did Tsuchi in her posts

    I don't really know what to say but I will say this tho society today is messed up when it comes to Violence and sex and what chidren should & should not know or watch
     
         
    Last edited by serenaandrosie; 07-28-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  15. #40
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by serenaandrosie View Post
    you make some very good points and so did Tsuchi in her posts

    I don't really know what to say but I will say this tho society today is messed up when it comes to Violence and sex etc
    Agreed. I was expecting more of a wallie from you, but this will do. :lmao: Sorry, I didn't mean for that to rhyme.
     
         

  16. #41
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Actually, I think this whole subject is in the grounds of what my teacher would call "truth".

    Listen up, everybody, because this is something you don't hear every day. Truth is subjective. Something one believes to be true is based solely on something one has been taught (usually from childhood). Just because you believe something to be true, does not make it so. If you're taught something, then that means your perception is based on that.

    If we're taught that sex is "evil" or "obscene" in some way, then that is what we'll believe. If we're taught that a person's nakedness is obscene, then we'll always believe it is. If we're taught that drugs or alcohol is bad, then even if we use it, we still think it to be so.

    This is what this discussion boils down to: if you're taught something as a child, then you will never depart from it. If we merely re-evaluated the situation without bias, then maybe, just maybe, we could arrive at a conclusion that would be more beneficial.
    Good point but here's the catch.

    "If we're taught that sex is "evil" or "obscene" in some way, then that is what we'll believe."

    That's exactly that! Vulgar erotic/carnal scenes are a deceitful teaching of how sex is. If it were to be allowed, it will end up corrupting people's mind.

    Sex shouldn't be taught as something obscene. We should take into consideration that life works upon the reproduction cycle. By such, it's something that shouldn't taught to be evil. It should be dealt with utmost precaution as it's something nearly everyone is going to be indulged someday.

    That's one major demarcation from sex and violence. Sex education is something that should be spread in a positive way. That's why reason, porn is shunned into public TV. It's mostly all negative.

    In that logic, violence shouldn't be spread at all as there's no positive or negative terminal way to spread it in any case. So, why are media entertainment so liberal to give access to it?

    Well, as you said, whatever we are taught, our perception and curiosity resolves around that. However, violence is such a case where we can't depict it's true nature. It got no real bounds. How can we choose between negative/positive violence? So, how can we teach something to someone if we don't know its real bounds?

    That's why media entertainment presents violence in a non-censored way; in the hope that people form a perception about violence. What can't be taught with words, is taught with visuals. Still, it's gone to an extent that's way too liberal and that's the wrong side of the coin. Liberal to an extent of being ultra-damaging.

    Sure, in a jolly good world, violence is a complete negative thing. But too many ideals and concepts and political regimes depict positive sides of it. Not everyone agrees with Gandhi's ideals, you know. On the other hand, sex is pure. Sex education should be taught with equal purity and tact. However, in whichever world, porn/eroticism depicts a wrongful side that is just obscene education.

    In short, we lives in a world that shunned porn since it knows its damaging potential but never shunned violence since it doesn't know the extent of damage that it may cause. This ignorance led to a complete liberation of violence on TV; a liberation that may be too late to be stop now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I agree, swapping violence for sex is outragious indeed. Neither should be shown in my opinion, I'm just wondering why violence (which is obiously more damaging than sex) is acceptable over the other. I still do think that proper sexual education is beneficial.
    Violence over someone is indeed way more damaging (it's such a small word) than sex on someone.

    Yet, when depicted by entertainment medium (TV, books ect...), sex corrupts someone way more than violence if you ask me. The mind perversion with vulgar scenes is almost immediate while even it's not the same case with violent scenes. Sure, it's bad to showcase them in such a liberal way but still, it isn't an instant corrupter.
     
         
    Last edited by Escorpiius; 07-28-2012 at 09:50 AM.

  17. #42
    Senior Member serenaandrosie's Avatar
    Status
    serenaandrosie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Bodhum
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Agreed. I was expecting more of a wallie from you, but this will do. :lmao: Sorry, I didn't mean for that to rhyme.
    Thank you & that is okay and there not much i can say that has not been said already thats why i said what i said.
     
         

  18. #43
    Member aunhyuga's Avatar
    Status
    aunhyuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi , Pakistan
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sex and Violence

    I am sorry to say that i don't agree.
    I agree on the point of avatrs showing nudit but if they are not showing nipples, its ok, i mean what's the difference between nudity without nipples and with them ?
    Sex is something to be done at mature age or mostly after marriage that's why its not shown much , Basically sex before marriage is rape (Please don't flame me on this point,all i am saying is in Ethical,Ideal society this should be the norm) but nowadays the sense has change While violence ,Well, every kid is taught from beginning that violence is bad and when they do see it in the Movies they intimate much and also, In movies its basically shown that the bad guys start violence and then Batman or spiderman or whatever answers it , so the message is Self-Defence not violence and The violent one is shown killed,captured etc in the end discouraging violence .
     
         

  19. #44
    completely whelmed ANBU Kakashi23's Avatar
    Status
    ANBU Kakashi23 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    deadman's wonderland
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sex and Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Okay, so what about sex and violence? What I want to know is why it's okay to show gore and mutilation on tv, but showing a woman's nipple is just too much. There has to be a real reason for this. Violence is a major problem in society, so why show so much of it all over the place? I haven't heard of sex being a problem unless it's rape, but half of the time I think rape happens because sex is shunned so much, especially with kids who grow up thinking sex is a problem for some reason.

    A parent will take their little kid to see a PG-13 movie like Batman, Spiderman or even back in the day when the LotR movies came out. So violence is okay for a young child to see, but if it was a movie about sex then there's no way a parent would let them see it. I get that there needs to be something to entertain the audience, so why not swap out violence for sex, it's a lot safer since now the kids won't be thinking about killing people.

    Also, on NB for example (not that I'm picking on NB, just an example), it's okay for people to have signatures and avatars ect. with girls exposing rather large portions of their breasts. It's okay as long as the nipple isn't shown, so basically a pasty will do. However, a man can be shown topless with nothing covering his nipples...O_o did I miss something? would it be okay if someone photoshopped a man's nipples onto a woman's breasts and showed that? They'd be cover her real ones, so that should be okay, right? (I'm being sarcastic to drive my point home )

    So what is it about this? Why all the wierdness? Oh, and also, it's okay to have a woman wearing panties, but if you take those off there's a problem. Newsflash, there's not that much to see, just like with nipples. I can almost understand not wanting to show a man's genitals because that's just...nasty, but there's nothing so intense about a naked woman, it's highly overrated actually.

    Ultimately, why is it that someone's guts being ripped from their body while they scream in agony okay, but a nudity isn't? A person's insides are a lot more gross and revolting than a person's outsides.
    i like the way you think, i honestly i cant think of one good reason why theres such rampant sexually repression in our society, while absurd amounts of violent material can be found in almost ever facet of information sharing, it feels like the people who make policy are still living with their 1950's ideals and gender roles and are trying to impress that on our generation

    honestly, thats the reason why people grow up with delusional fear mongered ideas about the opposite sex because for some unknown reason society has beat it into their head that certain things about their body's are obscene and offensive and we wonder why people get screwed in the head, insecure, and have horrible self image, were taught to feel shame for things everyone has everywhere, unless theres a disease that makes your nipples fall off, i wouldnt know about that, but generally i feel like if we were less repressed with the comfort of ours and others bodies and didnt treat it as taboo the world would be a better place
     
         

  20. #45
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Sex and Violence

    I must say that I'm really enjoying everyone's opinions so far. I wish I had time to respond to some right now, but sadly I don't. So I'll do it as soon as possible.

    Also, keep in mind that I'm mostly trying to ask why sex is shunned and violence is glorified. Either present both equally or not at all is my opinion (basically, but that doesn't really explain my position well enough).
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •