2 20.00%
  • The new Spider man

8 80.00%
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The amazing spider man thoughts

Just what the title says what did you think of the new spider man movie for anyone who has watched it???

i personally didn't like it that much because of the fact he doesn't use real web which annoys me, whats the point in being bit by a spider when the only thing he gets from it is able to climb up walls and enhanced perception and strength. also when he first became spider man and stopped that car thief he acted way to cocky for my liking prancing around shooting his fake web at the guy it annoyed the hell out of me.

Also the point in being a super hero is keeping your identity a secret so nobody your close to gets hurt, but he just pretty much tells the world instantly, but anyway thats why i didn't like it to much hopefully if they make another he will act more serious and can actually be a hero properly like the original spider man

but yeah what are your guy's opinion on it

Also i posted a poll for anyones whos interested in voting that way

Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. cya later
    peeps!

Re: The amazing spider man thoughts

are you kidding!>>???

it was awesome way better than the previous ones! we got to see more background stories n stuff.....

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.

Yea, I thought the part where he used a faked, produced web was incredibly stupid. Kinda bs if you asked me, makes him more like just an incredibly strong human being than a superhero.

I also agree with your point that he shouldnt of told anyone his secret so fast. But I do like the actor himself, he has the awkward/shy geek persona right down on the money.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate; Potatoes
    gonna potate.

i liked the new spiderman waaaaay better :flaw:

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

IMO. It was much better than with Toby. It was so much closer to the comic book. The web shooting out of his body has only ever been in the Toby movies. The comics and all cartoons have web cartridges. The web made me like this new movie so much more. As for his cockiness and jokes, they were sooo much like the comics as well. But my point of view of the movie is from a background of reading the comics. I also think Andrew Garfield did a much better job acting wise.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Psh obviously you people aren't even true spider-man fans otherwise you would know Peter Parker inventing his own web is more cannon to the comics. That bs about him producing it naturally just came from the first trilogy and quite frankly it wouldn't make sense anyway. Spiders produce webs from their asses not their legs so that would be random.

This movie was ****ing amazing. Tobey Mcguire is literally dead to me now. He was always way too dorky in my opinion. I grew up watching the 90's spider-man and he was nothing like Tobey. He's just so nerdy and emo I just wanted to choke the **** out of him. And the death of Uncle Ben touched me so much more in this movie. I can't even really remember his scenes in the first spider-man. And I absolutely adore how Gwen Stacey being spiderman's gf and her dad being a police chief is cannon to the comics. Without Mary Jane being the leading woman right away makes it feel like its more than a retelling of the first spiderman movie. She most likely will appear in the sequels though.

Last edited by Rexoniel; 07-22-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

the game is so amazing

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I liked them all, but I think this one was slightly better because the action scenes were cooler.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've never read any of the comics so i wouldnt know whats closer to it, but because i watched the original spider man and thats when i first heard of it, i got attached to the way the first one goes, i just feel whats the point in being bitten by a spider when it pretty much makes you no different to a normal human apart from being able to climb a wall, he may aswell just of used a chemical like green goblin did, the fact that toby maguire produced his own web made him unique from normal humans which rightfully gave him a title of a super hero, and i think the uncle ben scene in this one wasn't that great he didnt say anything just flat out died instantly, i do admit i did like the new spider man, just not as much as the original, hopefully when they make a number 2 he will act more serious about being a hero his cockyness made me hate the character

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Banana View Post
    I've never read any of the comics so i wouldnt know whats closer to it, but because i watched the original spider man and thats when i first heard of it, i got attached to the way the first one goes, i just feel whats the point in being bitten by a spider when it pretty much makes you no different to a normal human apart from being able to climb a wall, he may aswell just of used a chemical like green goblin did, the fact that toby maguire produced his own web made him unique from normal humans which rightfully gave him a title of a super hero, and i think the uncle ben scene in this one wasn't that great he didnt say anything just flat out died instantly, i do admit i did like the new spider man, just not as much as the original, hopefully when they make a number 2 he will act more serious about being a hero his cockyness made me hate the character
    Didn't say much? Were you asleep through all the scenes he was in? I felt the bond between him and Peter much more than the first movie. Producing your own web doesn't make you a super hero....look at batman who has no super powers and Captain America who only has super strength. And omg Spiderman's cockiness is what makes him Spiderman. He isn't meant to be some nerdy guy who acts like he can't speak to women. He has a sense of humor, why do you think spiderman memes work out so well?

You need to forget what you know of spiderman from the first 3 movies, watch the 90's spiderman tv series on youtube and maybe you'll have a greater appreciation of him in this movie.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The movie was Amazing.
    Beats Raimi's Spidey.
    I enjoyed it.
    That is all.

Oh, and they better do Venom right this time. >8|

Last edited by PaperHERO; 07-22-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy days~

1. He was a bit arrogant at the start, but that's his character, he can crack a joke at the direst moments and he's a bit arrogant as well, I guess.

2. The only people that know he's Spiderman was Gwen and her dad.

3. Sure it wasn't a real web, but it shows that he's seriously smart, smart enough to be able to make those devices. He gained superhuman strength, speed, equilibrium, reflexes and other superhuman traits from the spider bite, just because he didn't gain webs doesn't mean he's a lame joke.

4. When he stopped that car thief, that was one of the funniest moments of the movie. It wasn't bad at all.

The movie showed Peter right after he got bitten, I don't think all of his powers would've fully developed so quickly, it probably takes time, in the next movie, we'll see more of him.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexoniel View Post
    Didn't say much? Were you asleep through all the scenes he was in? I felt the bond between him and Peter much more than the first movie. Producing your own web doesn't make you a super hero....look at batman who has no super powers and Captain America who only has super strength. And omg Spiderman's cockiness is what makes him Spiderman. He isn't meant to be some nerdy guy who acts like he can't speak to women. He has a sense of humor, why do you think spiderman memes work out so well?

You need to forget what you know of spiderman from the first 3 movies, watch the 90's spiderman tv series on youtube and maybe you'll have a greater appreciation of him in this movie.
    i understand that, the connection they had was a lot better, but i meant when uncle ben died in this one he just flat out died without saying anything to peter, but raimi's if thats how you spell it, uncle ben said a few words before he passed away, and i wouldnt call them super heros just an average hero, anyone can put on a suit and call themselves a hero, but having something that usually changes your genetic codes or seperates you from the limits of a human is a super hero, such as the toby maguire spider man, the fantasic four, super man.

But people like batman, ironman are just people who are using technology to gain an advantage on criminals.

But i understand what your saying i may give the proper spiderman series a whirl and see if i can come to like the amazing spider man more, but i still can't get over his cockiness the fact that he pisses around when hes meant to be a hero annoys me lol

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Riyo View Post
    1. He was a bit arrogant at the start, but that's his character, he can crack a joke at the direst moments and he's a bit arrogant as well, I guess.

2. The only people that know he's Spiderman was Gwen and her dad.

3. Sure it wasn't a real web, but it shows that he's seriously smart, smart enough to be able to make those devices. He gained superhuman strength, speed, equilibrium, reflexes and other superhuman traits from the spider bite, just because he didn't gain webs doesn't mean he's a lame joke.

4. When he stopped that car thief, that was one of the funniest moments of the movie. It wasn't bad at all.

The movie showed Peter right after he got bitten, I don't think all of his powers would've fully developed so quickly, it probably takes time, in the next movie, we'll see more of him.
    His arrogance is what made me not like the movie so much, toby maguire spider man knew exactly what he had to do and didn't act cocky over the power he had, sure he cracked a few jokes but they weren't like what the amazing spider man did with the car thief lol.

But hopefully when they make number 2 he will act more serious about being a hero lol :P

Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy days~

His arrogance is what made me not like the movie so much, toby maguire spider man knew exactly what he had to do and didn't act cocky over the power he had, sure he cracked a few jokes but they weren't like what the amazing spider man did with the car thief lol.

But hopefully when they make number 2 he will act more serious about being a hero lol :P
    He was only arrogant when he first became Spiderman though, he wasn't arrogant after that, if I recall correctly. The next Spiderman movie will be awesome. I can't wait to see it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Riyo View Post
    He was only arrogant when he first became Spiderman though, he wasn't arrogant after that, if I recall correctly. The next Spiderman movie will be awesome. I can't wait to see it.
    Yeah when he was just chasing after every guy with blonde hair he was arrogant and was completely being cocky over his power, but as soon as lizard comes he acts serious which made me stay around and watch the rest of the film, but i can't wait for the 2nd one to see how he turns out.

One thing i can't get over though is him using fake web lol

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To put simply Tobey Spiderman is amazing and a lot more same and cool as the comics, but the Amazing spidey has a lot more cool movie effects cause it is 2012 and CGI and other technology improved

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Just what the title says what did you think of the new spider man movie for anyone who has watched it???

i personally didn't like it that much because of the fact he doesn't use real web which annoys me, whats the point in being bit by a spider when the only thing he gets from it is able to climb up walls and enhanced perception and strength. also when he first became spider man and stopped that car thief he acted way to cocky for my liking prancing around shooting his fake web at the guy it annoyed the hell out of me.

Also the point in being a super hero is keeping your identity a secret so nobody your close to gets hurt, but he just pretty much tells the world instantly, but anyway thats why i didn't like it to much hopefully if they make another he will act more serious and can actually be a hero properly like the original spider man

but yeah what are your guy's opinion on it

Also i posted a poll for anyones whos interested in voting that way
    The powers he was shown to get is what he gets in the comics (enhanced strength, heightened reflexes, sticking to walls, his "Spidey Sense", etc). This movie was made to be canon to that. He also creates his own webshooters in the comics because he's a super genius. If you didn't like it then that's your opinion and you're by all means entitled to it, but it was done to follow the canonicity of Spiderman from the comic books. To criticize this movie based on the above is like someone who hasn't read the manga saying that the Naruto anime is at fault because it follows the manga's storyline.

And who exactly are you referring to by "the original Spiderman"? I hope you're not talking about Tobey McGuire because that was not a representation of the original Spiderman. The Amazing Spiderman is as close as we'll get to a depiction of the "original Spiderman" aka from the comics

This movie is the first time that comic-book Spidey has been on film which, again, is what they were aiming for.

P.S.
    Next movie's villain will be Mysterio! Mark my words!

Last edited by NLee; 07-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The link I gave you started in the middle of the story so here's a better one from the very beginning.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was great overall imo. Better then original but I didn't understand how Peter was bullied in the new one. He looked like a "Cool Kid" with some swag or something xD Didn't make sense imo

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

Tbh the new movie was by far the greatest of all the Spider-Man movie's it was closer to the comics than the other 3 ever were.

His first girlfriend was Gwen Stacy, I don't believe he ever knew who the hell Mary Jane was until his college years, as well as after Gwen's death.

He had to make his own webbing AND had to fight without relying on them (a.k.a. being destroyed)

Made Smartass comments more often (nearly had the last word in alot of things lol)

Only time Peter EVER used/had organic webbing (outside of becoming the Man-Spider) was during the Civil War arc after he had "evolved" even then that was shortly lived.