Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your arms are just too short
    to box with God.

The Amazing Spider-Man

So, I saw The Amazing Spider-Man last night, and I have to say, it was pretty good. I liked it better than the original, though the 3D might have something to do with it. I was dissapointed by how Ben died and the lack of "With great power comes great responsibility" quote.

I also liked the way they held the movie true to ADAPTATION concept, taking some stuff from the comics and tweaking it a little, like Gwen's dad dying during the fight with Lizard, except in the movie, hes stabbed by Lizard while in the comics, a chimney falls on him. Also, while in the comics he made Peter promise he would take care of Gwen but in the movie, he made him promise he would stay away from her. Another thing is her dad finding out his identity. I forget how he did it in the comics, but in the movie, he unmasked Peter, who knew he knew his identity, while in the comics, Peter found out right before Capt. Stacy died.

So, what did you guys think of this movie?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

The tweaks were well made in my opinion. I enjoyed it! Much better than Spidey 3.

Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.

Even though it's been getting decent reviews, I refuse to support a series being rebooted less than a decade after the last movie.

________________________ OhReary's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was good, i'm just an average joe, not a hardcore spidey fan.
    Slightly better than the Spiderman Trilogy, though i shouldn't have spent
    the extra on 3d.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    to box with God.

Quote Originally Posted by saaaaaadpanda View Post
    Even though it's been getting decent reviews, I refuse to support a series being rebooted less than a decade after the last movie.
    its not a reboot

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

haven't seen yet, hate the actor

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are riddles in the
    shadows

Shut up you suck

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

I didn't really mind the lack of the quote, it isn't that big a thing. I loved the movie though, Spidys personality was better in this than in Raimis triolgy.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    its not a reboot
    I'm aware that it's based on a different comic series, however it doesn't matter. It's still a bad idea and it's just unoriginal stuff with name recognition produced to make a buck. I don't care to spend my money on it.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    to box with God.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoHazel View Post
    terrible reason to not watch a movie

Quote Originally Posted by mxit View Post
    Shut up you suck
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Narutohokage7 View Post
    I didn't really mind the lack of the quote, it isn't that big a thing. I loved the movie though, Spidys personality was better in this than in Raimis triolgy.
    i guess and i liked that too

I'm aware that it's based on a different comic series, however it doesn't matter. It's still a bad idea and it's just unoriginal stuff with name recognition produced to make a buck. I don't care to spend my money on it.
    what? wouldnt that be exactly what the original was?

Last edited by Riker Slade; 07-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.

________________________ OhReary's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoHazel View Post
    IMO Tobey Maguire never caught spidermans personality. :D

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I liked it a lot better than the first three. Toby Maguire was painful to watch sometimes. Especially when he tries to cry. The lead was a much better actor and Emma Stone is always great. Peter's personality was much better as well.
    I wasn't all that surprised that the quote was gone. If they had done the quote it would have seemed like they were copying the first movie. And the animation was crazy good. The fight between Spiderman and the Lizard in the school was amazing. Brilliantly done.

All in all I liked it. It was much better than the first three. I'm curious to what they will do next and if this Spiderman will make it into the next Avengers.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leaves.

what? wouldnt that be exactly what the original was?
    Yes, but it was the first series. Making a second series so quickly is excessive.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I saw the movie and I really liked it , it was very awesome and funny too :D I also think that Andrew garfield did a great job with this role he's a talented actor.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    to box with God.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAnimal11 View Post
    I liked it a lot better than the first three. Toby Maguire was painful to watch sometimes. Especially when he tries to cry. The lead was a much better actor and Emma Stone is always great. Peter's personality was much better as well.
    I wasn't all that surprised that the quote was gone. If they had done the quote it would have seemed like they were copying the first movie. And the animation was crazy good. The fight between Spiderman and the Lizard in the school was amazing. Brilliantly done.

All in all I liked it. It was much better than the first three. I'm curious to what they will do next and if this Spiderman will make it into the next Avengers.
    me too. i think if there following the comics, itll be either Vulture or Kraven, though im most likely wrong

and i doubt hell be in Avengers since he was in new Avengers and i doubt theyll drop the people now to put in the others in new Avengers

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes, but it was the first series. Making a second series so quickly is excessive.
    There was a reason that they had to make it so quickly. Before Marvel went with Disney they sold a couple of movie to some various people and companies. Like Spiderman. And if they don't make a movie once every like three years I think, they loose the rights to that movie. So yeah it's still about money. As is everything these days. But I'm glad they did it. Spiderman 3 sucked. It was horrible. Toby Maguire's carrer died after that essentially. No way the could have come back with the same story. A necessary evil.

Sage of Eternal Mangekyo
    Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought this one was better than sam raimi's trilogy and liked how they brought out the web shooters in to it kind of like the cartoons

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

me too. i think if there following the comics, itll be either Vulture or Kraven, though im most likely wrong

and i doubt hell be in Avengers since he was in new Avengers and i doubt theyll drop the people now to put in the others in new Avengers
    Kraven would be awesome. I would love to see Kraven, Shocker or Scorpion. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I do kinda hope his is in the next Avengers. I think his character would be an interesting fit for the current group. Though it most likely won't happen.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think the post-credit scene is a big clue to who might be the next villain.

The way I see it, I think the man in the shadows could definitely turn out to me Mysterio. His unique skill set could have easily let him vanish in and out of the cell undetected. Either that or it was Kurt talking to his "inner voice".

At the very least, we can be damn sure that it'll be someone from the Sinister Six.

What do you guys think?

As far as the Avengers, currently, there is little to no chance of Spiderman being in the Avengers. Sony owns the rights to Spiderman while Marvel Studios owns the Avengers

You just don't understand.

It doesn't matter when the latest Tobey Mcguire Spiderman movie came out. What does that have to do with anything? Explain that to me because I genuinely don't understand.

This reboot was something we all saw coming with the whole influx of Marvel movies which have been setting the standard for superhero movies much higher than before. It was the perfect time for them to make a proper reboot of Spiderman that actually did it justice canon-wise. The Amazing Spiderman did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAnimal11 View Post
    There was a reason that they had to make it so quickly. Before Marvel went with Disney they sold a couple of movie to some various people and companies. Like Spiderman. And if they don't make a movie once every like three years I think, they loose the rights to that movie. So yeah it's still about money. As is everything these days. But I'm glad they did it. Spiderman 3 sucked. It was horrible. Toby Maguire's carrer died after that essentially. No way the could have come back with the same story. A necessary evil.
    I second this.

The case is exactly the same with Fantastic Four. If 20th Century doesn't make another Fantastic Four movie by 2015 they lose the rights to it. Hence, the Fantastic Four reboot.

Last edited by NLee; 07-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I also liked the way they held the movie true to ADAPTATION concept, taking some stuff from the comics and tweaking it a little, like Gwen's dad dying during the fight with Lizard, except in the movie, hes stabbed by Lizard while in the comics, a chimney falls on him. Also, while in the comics he made Peter promise he would take care of Gwen but in the movie, he made him promise he would stay away from her. Another thing is her dad finding out his identity. I forget how he did it in the comics, but in the movie, he unmasked Peter, who knew he knew his identity, while in the comics, Peter found out right before Capt. Stacy died.
    Gwen dad it was better for him to die by the Lizard than a chimney IMO. The stay away part shouldn't have been there I mean at the end we all know what he said, it just made it stupid a dying man's wish and they aren't going to fulfill it. It seemed Gwen was more upset that Peter was staying away from her rather than her dad's death. He should've just said to protect her (from the comics).

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[QUOTE=NLee;7440468]I think the post-credit scene is a big clue to who might be the next villain.

The way I see it, I think the man in the shadows could definitely turn out to me Mysterio. His unique skill set could have easily let him vanish in and out of the cell undetected. Either that or it was Kurt talking to his "inner voice".

At the very least, we can be damn sure that it'll be someone from the Sinister Six.

What do you guys think? [QUOTE=NLee;7440468]

Ahh! So someone else thinks it could be Mysterio. I was watching the end scene and thought to myself, "Well that was very cryptic and mysterious..." BOOM "Oh wait a second...."

It does sorta fit his personality.

I also thought it might be his inner voice. Only reason I think its not is those scenes are there to give hints to the next movie. If its just him talking to himself it doesn't hint at anything for the second movie.

Third thought was maybe norman osborn. He does have enough power to get into his cell to talk to him. And he would know about Peter's parents. So that fits. I doubt it a bit though because they have already done Norman in the last set of spidys. So it would be almost like copying.

I'm leaning for Mysterio personally.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)

I didnt like it all that much

the Avengers were better and even they were a letdown

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This movie was the biggest freaking let down EVER. I was depressed when I came home from the movies that day...:/ WRONG PEOPLE for awesome rolls. Are you serious? Also his uncle and aunt seemed like real dicks in this movie lololololol

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNummyNummy View Post
    This movie was the biggest freaking let down EVER. I was depressed when I came home from the movies that day...:/ WRONG PEOPLE for awesome rolls. Are you serious? Also his uncle and aunt seemed like real dicks in this movie lololololol
    It's easy to just say a movie was a letdown and blame it on "wrong people for awesome rolls". Opinions are fine, but if you wanna say it was a disappointment then you could at least justify what you mean with more specifics.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NLee View Post
    It's easy to just say a movie was a letdown and blame it on "wrong people for awesome rolls". Opinions are fine, but if you wanna say it was a disappointment then you could at least justify what you mean with more specifics.
    It just doesn't justify the comics for me, the actors were all done wrong, I can't look at the movie the same way, The CG could have been better, after countless movies I've seen it didn't amaze me at all...The lanky script, the cheesy moments, But like you said...opinions are opinions. Goodbye.