Page 3 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 170
  1. #51
    God Gèckö's Avatar
    Status
    Gèckö is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey ._.
    Posts
    12,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Pray4Delta
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    A team to watch put for is the hawks i heard al horford is coming back if they make it to the next round
     
         

  2. #52
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Raikage View Post
    A team to watch put for is the hawks i heard al horford is coming back if they make it to the next round
    yeah the hawks are scary, they gave the bulls a run for their money last year, and I personally was scared if they had won and played against LeBron and the heat
     
         

  3. #53
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Heat = Championship

    Nuff said
    Not sold on the Heat winning it all...

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Raikage View Post
    A team to watch put for is the hawks i heard al horford is coming back if they make it to the next round
    Indiana are even more dangerous. I mean, the Hawks played the Celtics when they didn't have Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or KG playing and the game was still close. Only person the Hawks were missing was Al Horford at the time I believe. Josh Smith and Joe Johnson certainly played.

    Still... they're a good team...
     
         

  4. #54
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post
    Not sold on the Heat winning it all...



    Indiana are even more dangerous. I mean, the Hawks played the Celtics when they didn't have Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or KG playing and the game was still close. Only person the Hawks were missing was Al Horford at the time I believe. Josh Smith and Joe Johnson certainly played.

    Still... they're a good team...
    I'm not sold on them winning either, but their my team and I'll cheer for them, also LeBron heats up in the playoffs, he doesn't gaf about the regular season anymore so he'll put everything on the line in these playoffs
     
         

  5. #55
    Member
    Status
    nagato58 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    heats or bulls
     
         

  6. #56
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I'm not sold on them winning either, but their my team and I'll cheer for them, also LeBron heats up in the playoffs, he doesn't gaf about the regular season anymore so he'll put everything on the line in these playoffs

    Ah, you're a Miami Heat fan! True fans should cheer for their team and BELIEVE that in the end they can win it undoubtedly.

    Unfortunately, my only problem with LeBron (beside people saying he's better than Kobe) is he does great during both the regular season and first three rounds of the Playoffs, but then seems to choke in the Finals. Let's hope he learned something valuable last year.
     
         

  7. #57
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post

    Ah, you're a Miami Heat fan! True fans should cheer for their team and BELIEVE that in the end they can win it undoubtedly.

    Unfortunately, my only problem with LeBron (beside people saying he's better than Kobe) is he does great during both the regular season and first three rounds of the Playoffs, but then seems to choke in the Finals. Let's hope he learned something valuable last year.
    I'm not an actual heat fan, more of a LeBron fan, but what you say is true. I'm hoping for him to show up this year and get a crown to go on his head.

    oh and FYI, he is better than Kobe :D
     
         

  8. #58
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I'm not an actual heat fan, more of a LeBron fan, but what you say is true. I'm hoping for him to show up this year and get a crown to go on his head.

    oh and FYI, he is better than Kobe :D
    Haha, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

    Difference from being probably the BEST Athlete in the NBA and Best Player. I feel Kobe is the latter while LBJ is the first.
     
         

  9. #59
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post
    Haha, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

    Difference from being probably the BEST Athlete in the NBA and Best Player. I feel Kobe is the latter while LBJ is the first.
    True, and your entitled to yours also but......LeBron is both
     
         

  10. #60
    RekeHavoc's Avatar
    Status
    RekeHavoc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sosa
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Heat going to sweep knicks?
     
         

  11. #61
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    True, and your entitled to yours also but......LeBron is both

    Question though, what makes you the best player in your opinion? Like what characteristics, etc... perhaps your a stats person, if so, what kind of stats do you have to have to be considered the best to you?

    Just interested in why you think he's the best considering everyone has different views.


    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Heat going to sweep knicks?
    Smh, unfortunately I think they will. It's always sad and demoralizing to get swept. Especially two years in a row.

    Fortunately, they don't seem like they're the only team who will get swept considering the Spurs are crushing the Jazz.
     
         

  12. #62
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post

    Question though, what makes you the best player in your opinion? Like what characteristics, etc... perhaps your a stats person, if so, what kind of stats do you have to have to be considered the best to you?

    Just interested in why you think he's the best considering everyone has different views.




    I focus on individual effort, like MVPs, Defensive Player of the Year, Scoring Leader and of course the stats

    I mean because winning a championship is a TEAM effort, and people say Kobe's better than LeBron because he has more rings, it's not that, Kobe has more rings than LeBron because he has a better team, the Lakers have a pretty decent bench and Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, World Peace, Ramon Sessions, Steve Blake, and that dread headed dude (don't know his name)

    while the Heat only have their starters, which include a decent point guard, a below average center and 3 Hall of Fame starters (LeBron, Wade, Bosh) however, they can only play for so long until they get tired and need the rest of the bench to step up, and that's where it all falls apart. The Heat have one of the worst benches in the league and I blame Eric Spolstra for that.
     
         

  13. #63
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I focus on individual effort, like MVPs, Defensive Player of the Year, Scoring Leader and of course the stats

    I mean because winning a championship is a TEAM effort, and people say Kobe's better than LeBron because he has more rings, it's not that, Kobe has more rings than LeBron because he has a better team, the Lakers have a pretty decent bench and Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, World Peace, Ramon Sessions, Steve Blake, and that dread headed dude (don't know his name)

    while the Heat only have their starters, which include a decent point guard, a below average center and 3 Hall of Fame starters (LeBron, Wade, Bosh) however, they can only play for so long until they get tired and need the rest of the bench to step up, and that's where it all falls apart. The Heat have one of the worst benches in the league and I blame Eric Spolstra for that.
    Well honestly, if you're going to talk about MVP's let's talk about Finals MVP's? ... No, but seriously, Kobe has gotten screwed out of MVP so many freaking times in the regular season it's ridiculous. He has more in the All-Star game as well. Yes, you can say the Lakers have a better team, but if that was the case, why do the Lakers have so much trouble going up against the Heat and when he was with the Cavs?

    The Heat has good role players. Mario Chalmers isn't amazing but he can give you some big shots. He did in the NBA Finals last year. I just hate the Leadership quality that LeBron seems to lack. I don't understand how you win 60+ games two years in a row with Cleveland and then because you lack leadership, when you're not doing well on the court you allow that to spread throughout your teammates who are looking at you for answers. Dwayne Wade is the leader of the Heat in my opinion. LeBron says "Choking" is overused yet he seems to do it a lot when his team needs him the most.

    The bolded part makes me extremely angry everytime I hear someone say it and Kobe is by far my favorite player. You cannot say who's the best simply because of rings though. It is a team effort. Without the contributions of Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Shannon Brown, etc... Kobe wouldn't have gotten his fifth one in that NBA Finals series against the Boston Celtics. And if rings did in fact dictate who the best was, why is Michael Jordan considered the best when Bill Russel clearly has almost double that amount?

    I just don't think LeBron is a good enough shooter to be better than Kobe. Why do I think LeBron is just a great athlete and skilled second best player in the league? Well, if he was Kobe's age, he'd have to adjust his game and really I can't see LeBron being a good enough shooter to just post-up and hit turn-around jumpers. Kobe just seems to be able to do it all while LeBron still lacks in some key areas. This is just how I feel on this case though =]... P.S. I respect LeBron's game.
     
         

  14. #64
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    Posts
    11,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post
    Well honestly, if you're going to talk about MVP's let's talk about Finals MVP's? ... No, but seriously, Kobe has gotten screwed out of MVP so many freaking times in the regular season it's ridiculous. He has more in the All-Star game as well. Yes, you can say the Lakers have a better team, but if that was the case, why do the Lakers have so much trouble going up against the Heat and when he was with the Cavs?

    The Heat has good role players. Mario Chalmers isn't amazing but he can give you some big shots. He did in the NBA Finals last year. I just hate the Leadership quality that LeBron seems to lack. I don't understand how you win 60+ games two years in a row with Cleveland and then because you lack leadership, when you're not doing well on the court you allow that to spread throughout your teammates who are looking at you for answers. Dwayne Wade is the leader of the Heat in my opinion. LeBron says "Choking" is overused yet he seems to do it a lot when his team needs him the most.

    The bolded part makes me extremely angry everytime I hear someone say it and Kobe is by far my favorite player. You cannot say who's the best simply because of rings though. It is a team effort. Without the contributions of Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Shannon Brown, etc... Kobe wouldn't have gotten his fifth one in that NBA Finals series against the Boston Celtics. And if rings did in fact dictate who the best was, why is Michael Jordan considered the best when Bill Russel clearly has almost double that amount?

    I just don't think LeBron is a good enough shooter to be better than Kobe. Why do I think LeBron is just a great athlete and skilled second best player in the league? Well, if he was Kobe's age, he'd have to adjust his game and really I can't see LeBron being a good enough shooter to just post-up and hit turn-around jumpers. Kobe just seems to be able to do it all while LeBron still lacks in some key areas. This is just how I feel on this case though =]... P.S. I respect LeBron's game.
    I agree with you on the rings, that's what I was explaining

    Also, yeah like I said championships are team efforts, so if Kobe goes to the championship again this year and beats whoever from the East and wins the Finals MVP, that doesn't make him the best player in the league, that makes him the best player in those 4-7 games he had with the other team, so Finals MVPs do not count. Now a league MVP DOES count, because that's saying your the best overall player in the league to date. And LeBron has 3 I think (not sure on the facts) and I know Kobe has either 2 or 1. Which leads me to compare one of them to MJ who is a champion (had an awesome team), was the oldest league leading scorer in history (something Kobe aimed at this year yet failed), and won multiple MVPs. Now take away Kobe's rings, MJ's rings, and keep LeBron where he is, and look up their career stats from when they entered the league till they turned 27, and compare them all. MJ's might be better than LeBrons but other than that, LeBron squeaks by Kobe.

    Why do the Lakers have trouble with the Heat or the Cavs? Because in my opinion, LeBron plays his best against Kobe to increase his hype and shut up the disputers like you and I. Also the Heat are a younger, faster team than LA who are starting to look toward a new scheme which I believe will be centered around Bynum the way Orlando is with Dwight. Now LA and Miami have never played each other in like a series or whatever but if they did, I'd be scared for my life. Because LA is not an easy team to take down in the playoffs (despite what Dallas made it look like last year) their a very experienced team with talent and a BENCH, now the heat, young, talented, and experienced with no bench, if they go all the way to game 7 my money will be n LA all the way because by that time LeBron has done got winded by playing 7 40+ min games in a row like that. Dwayne and Bosh are like LeBrons lawyers, they bail him out of trouble and provide back up, but if the Heat were to trade D-wade and get lets say 2 or 3 good back ups to come off the bench, the Heat would be unstoppable. I personally think that's what they should do with Chris Bosh.
     
         

  15. #65
    Sage Tarheel09's Avatar
    Status
    Tarheel09 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myobukazen
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Miami Heat all the way, They will either face the Spurs or Thunder..I haven't been able to watch but just 2 games and that was both the Heat's bu I will watch OKC and SA soon so I can get an idea as to which of them two will make it. But anyways GO HEAT!
     
         

  16. #66
    Naruto Super Saiyan Naruto super saiyan's Avatar
    Status
    Naruto super saiyan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In your pants!
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    heat vs spurs baby!
     
         

  17. #67
    MarkPaul's Avatar
    Status
    MarkPaul is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    小岩 日本
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    明日は大切なものよ。
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Okc! Durant for the win!
     
         

  18. #68
    Loves One Piece PUU's Avatar
    Status
    PUU is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DA BURGH
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post

    Ah, you're a Miami Heat fan! True fans should cheer for their team and BELIEVE that in the end they can win it undoubtedly.

    Unfortunately, my only problem with LeBron (beside people saying he's better than Kobe) is he does great during both the regular season and first three rounds of the Playoffs, but then seems to choke in the Finals. Let's hope he learned something valuable last year.
    But he is the best. Choke? ... funny how people say that he chocked in the finals(plural). I could understand you saying that about last years finals because i agree that Lebron was passive as shit but if you are adding in his finals against the Spurs then I'm classifying your post as invalid. Are you forgetting the piss poor team that he carried throughout that season and playoffs that year? If you don't remember I'll list them for you:

    Drew Gooden
    Daniel Gibson
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Big Z
    Anderson Varejao
    Donyell Marshall
    Eric Snow
    Larry Hughes
    Ira Newbie
    Shannon brown

    :rofl:... I would of loved to see what a 21-22 year old Kobe, Durant, D-12, CP3, D'Wade or any of the other current superstar/star could of done what he did that year with that team. The finals against the Spurs, the Cavs second leading scorer was Drew Gooden that averaged 12.8 points in that series, talk about your teammates helping out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post
    Well honestly, if you're going to talk about MVP's let's talk about Finals MVP's? ... No, but seriously, Kobe has gotten screwed out of MVP so many freaking times in the regular season it's ridiculous. He has more in the All-Star game as well. Yes, you can say the Lakers have a better team, but if that was the case, why do the Lakers have so much trouble going up against the Heat and when he was with the Cavs?

    The Heat has good role players. Mario Chalmers isn't amazing but he can give you some big shots. He did in the NBA Finals last year. I just hate the Leadership quality that LeBron seems to lack. I don't understand how you win 60+ games two years in a row with Cleveland and then because you lack leadership, when you're not doing well on the court you allow that to spread throughout your teammates who are looking at you for answers. Dwayne Wade is the leader of the Heat in my opinion. LeBron says "Choking" is overused yet he seems to do it a lot when his team needs him the most.

    The bolded part makes me extremely angry everytime I hear someone say it and Kobe is by far my favorite player. You cannot say who's the best simply because of rings though. It is a team effort. Without the contributions of Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Shannon Brown, etc... Kobe wouldn't have gotten his fifth one in that NBA Finals series against the Boston Celtics. And if rings did in fact dictate who the best was, why is Michael Jordan considered the best when Bill Russel clearly has almost double that amount?

    I just don't think LeBron is a good enough shooter to be better than Kobe. Why do I think LeBron is just a great athlete and skilled second best player in the league? Well, if he was Kobe's age, he'd have to adjust his game and really I can't see LeBron being a good enough shooter to just post-up and hit turn-around jumpers. Kobe just seems to be able to do it all while LeBron still lacks in some key areas. This is just how I feel on this case though =]... P.S. I respect LeBron's game.
    Lakers did have a better team than Lebron's Cavs. Lebron(Cavs) won those games against the Lakers because Lebron played better than the best player on their team(Kobe) and he got his teammates more involved even with their average skill/below average skill. As far as Lebron's team now, there is no question that it is better than his previous team. The Heat have better role players than the Cavs, they have Bosh, they have one of the best players in the world as his teammate(D'Wade), and when you add THE BEST PLAYER... you'll clearly realize that Heat > Lakers and/or any other team.

    Since you don't understand allow me to enlighten you... Lebron's leadership is one of the strongest/best in the NBA. His unselfishness to constantly get his teammates involved speaks volumes in itself. Don't believe me, look up his assist numbers, watch how much better he makes his teammates then look at his teammates production when he is off the court, look at the numbers he puts up and team wins throughout his career which clearly shows his superb individual skills and his leadership as a teammate. You say he chokes when his team needs him the most... I laugh when that misconception is brought up. You fall in the category of people that seem to ignore or gets confused on Lebron's playing style when he is undoubtedly a PLAYMAKER, but i guess i can understand when some people think that, ya'll look at his scoring numbers and classify him as a scorer which he is not, he finds scoring to be easy like the best of them but that is not his playing style. I agree that in the finals last year he definitely should of been more aggressive(we'll see this year) and sometimes he should look to score but if that interferes/prevents him from setting up his teammates in the 4th quarter or not differing to D'Wade or Bosh when either one of them are hot then I would gladly be o.k. for him to not look to try to be the scorer in the 4th quarter, same should every other fan should think(probably not Kobe fans -__-).

    I agree w/ your 3rd paragraph, the amount of rings does not decide which player is better, It is a key factor in some cases but it is not the determining factor.

    ofc Lebron is not a better shooter than Kobe(even though he has better field goal percentages while putting up high scoring numbers each year) but what does that have to do with anything? First of all I want to make it clear to people that seem to think Lebron won't do some of the athletic things when he gets older(30's), Lebron is a FREAK OF NATURE athlete, his athleticism at age 33+ would most likely still be more athletic than most players in the NBA so there isn't really a need to try and take away that aspect of his game in the future. In regard to you saying you can't see him being a good enough shooter to adjust his game... Lebron is pretty damn good with his shooting abilities already so I don't think he would have any problems in the future. The only thing Lebron really lacks is his free throw and his 3pt percentage being average, also he can improve his post-up game more which he already has during last offseason and throughout this season, but other than that he's good. Every player lacks in some key areas, even M.J.

    P.S. I respect Kobe's game:D

    OT: Amare better watch where he goes in New York because people are pissed
     
         
    Last edited by PUU; 05-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.

  19. #69
    ★Dual Doujutsu User★ Master Tobi's Avatar
    Status
    Master Tobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    At home -_-
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    HEAT.

    We might finally see Kobe vs LeBron in the FINALS, I hope so.
     
         

  20. #70
    Loves One Piece PUU's Avatar
    Status
    PUU is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DA BURGH
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tobi View Post
    HEAT.

    We might finally see Kobe vs LeBron in the FINALS, I hope so.
    meh. that would be my second pick behind Heat vs Thunder because Durant and Lebron were the best players this year but Heat vs Lakers would not disappoint.

    I think they would bring back the puppets kobe vs lebron ads
     
         

  21. #71
    Member RasenKirin's Avatar
    Status
    RasenKirin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle to Seoul
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushing noobs arguments with
    logic.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by PUU View Post
    But he is the best. Choke? ... funny how people say that he chocked in the finals(plural). I could understand you saying that about last years finals because i agree that Lebron was passive as shit but if you are adding in his finals against the Spurs then I'm classifying your post as invalid. Are you forgetting the piss poor team that he carried throughout that season and playoffs that year? If you don't remember I'll list them for you:

    Drew Gooden
    Daniel Gibson
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Big Z
    Anderson Varejao
    Donyell Marshall
    Eric Snow
    Larry Hughes
    Ira Newbie
    Shannon brown

    :rofl:... I would of loved to see what a 21-22 year old Kobe, Durant, D-12, CP3, D'Wade or any of the other current superstar/star could of done what he did that year with that team. The finals against the Spurs, the Cavs second leading scorer was Drew Gooden that averaged 12.8 points in that series, talk about your teammates helping out.

    Lakers did have a better team than Lebron's Cavs. Lebron(Cavs) won those games against the Lakers because Lebron played better than the best player on their team(Kobe) and he got his teammates more involved even with their average skill/below average skill. As far as Lebron's team now, there is no question that it is better than his previous team. The Heat have better role players than the Cavs, they have Bosh, they have one of the best players in the world as his teammate(D'Wade), and when you add THE BEST PLAYER... you'll clearly realize that Heat > Lakers and/or any other team.

    Since you don't understand allow me to enlighten you... Lebron's leadership is one of the strongest/best in the NBA. His unselfishness to constantly get his teammates involved speaks volumes in itself. Don't believe me, look up his assist numbers, watch how much better he makes his teammates then look at his teammates production when he is off the court, look at the numbers he puts up and team wins throughout his career which clearly shows his superb individual skills and his leadership as a teammate. You say he chokes when his team needs him the most... I laugh when that misconception is brought up. You fall in the category of people that seem to ignore or gets confused on Lebron's playing style when he is undoubtedly a PLAYMAKER, but i guess i can understand when some people think that, ya'll look at his scoring numbers and classify him as a scorer which he is not, he finds scoring to be easy like the best of them but that is not his playing style. I agree that in the finals last year he definitely should of been more aggressive(we'll see this year) and sometimes he should look to score but if that interferes/prevents him from setting up his teammates in the 4th quarter or not differing to D'Wade or Bosh when either one of them are hot then I would gladly be o.k. for him to not look to try to be the scorer in the 4th quarter, same should every other fan should think(probably not Kobe fans -__-).

    I agree w/ your 3rd paragraph, the amount of rings does not decide which player is better, It is a key factor in some cases but it is not the determining factor.

    ofc Lebron is not a better shooter than Kobe(even though he has better field goal percentages while putting up high scoring numbers each year) but what does that have to do with anything? First of all I want to make it clear to people that seem to think Lebron won't do some of the athletic things when he gets older(30's), Lebron is a FREAK OF NATURE athlete, his athleticism at age 33+ would most likely still be more athletic than most players in the NBA so there isn't really a need to try and take away that aspect of his game in the future. In regard to you saying you can't see him being a good enough shooter to adjust his game... Lebron is pretty damn good with his shooting abilities already so I don't think he would have any problems in the future. The only thing Lebron really lacks is his free throw and his 3pt percentage being average, also he can improve his post-up game more which he already has during last offseason and throughout this season, but other than that he's good. Every player lacks in some key areas, even M.J.

    P.S. I respect Kobe's game:D

    OT: Amare better watch where he goes in New York because people are pissed
    I like what you did there with the P.S. :D

    Still, being able to get your teammates involved does not make you a leader. It just makes you a Playmaker which LeBron clearly is. And yes, that team there was terrible, but when Kobe scored 81 against the Toronto Raptors, that team was EVEN worse than the Cleveland Cavs. And yes, they did make it to the Finals, but the thing is, they went through the Eastern Conference teams to do it. There was easily way more competition in the West at that time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I agree with you on the rings, that's what I was explaining

    Also, yeah like I said championships are team efforts, so if Kobe goes to the championship again this year and beats whoever from the East and wins the Finals MVP, that doesn't make him the best player in the league, that makes him the best player in those 4-7 games he had with the other team, so Finals MVPs do not count. Now a league MVP DOES count, because that's saying your the best overall player in the league to date. And LeBron has 3 I think (not sure on the facts) and I know Kobe has either 2 or 1. Which leads me to compare one of them to MJ who is a champion (had an awesome team), was the oldest league leading scorer in history (something Kobe aimed at this year yet failed), and won multiple MVPs. Now take away Kobe's rings, MJ's rings, and keep LeBron where he is, and look up their career stats from when they entered the league till they turned 27, and compare them all. MJ's might be better than LeBrons but other than that, LeBron squeaks by Kobe.

    Why do the Lakers have trouble with the Heat or the Cavs? Because in my opinion, LeBron plays his best against Kobe to increase his hype and shut up the disputers like you and I. Also the Heat are a younger, faster team than LA who are starting to look toward a new scheme which I believe will be centered around Bynum the way Orlando is with Dwight. Now LA and Miami have never played each other in like a series or whatever but if they did, I'd be scared for my life. Because LA is not an easy team to take down in the playoffs (despite what Dallas made it look like last year) their a very experienced team with talent and a BENCH, now the heat, young, talented, and experienced with no bench, if they go all the way to game 7 my money will be n LA all the way because by that time LeBron has done got winded by playing 7 40+ min games in a row like that. Dwayne and Bosh are like LeBrons lawyers, they bail him out of trouble and provide back up, but if the Heat were to trade D-wade and get lets say 2 or 3 good back ups to come off the bench, the Heat would be unstoppable. I personally think that's what they should do with Chris Bosh.

    Again, Kobe got screwed out of Reg Season MVP's.


    __________________________________________________ _____
    Either way we take it guys, it's our opinions. At the end of the day, I'm going to still believe Kobe's better and y'all will believe LeBron is. It's a never-ending debate. We can go back and forth with several facts about the two forever. So, this is really no point.
     
         

  22. #72
    Loves One Piece PUU's Avatar
    Status
    PUU is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DA BURGH
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenKirin View Post
    I like what you did there with the P.S. :D

    Still, being able to get your teammates involved does not make you a leader. It just makes you a Playmaker which LeBron clearly is. And yes, that team there was terrible, but when Kobe scored 81 against the Toronto Raptors, that team was EVEN worse than the Cleveland Cavs. And yes, they did make it to the Finals, but the thing is, they went through the Eastern Conference teams to do it. There was easily way more competition in the West at that time.




    Again, Kobe got screwed out of Reg Season MVP's.


    __________________________________________________ _____
    Either way we take it guys, it's our opinions. At the end of the day, I'm going to still believe Kobe's better and y'all will believe LeBron is. It's a never-ending debate. We can go back and forth with several facts about the two forever. So, this is really no point.
    thanks:D

    he is a good leader because he gets the best out of his teammates in terms of performance and attitude by the his playing style and his level of play night in and night out.

    meh that specific year they were equally as bad imo. if i had to choose i would probably give the lakers a very slight edge in terms of who was worse but not by that much.

    it is no doubt that the west was more competitive but it's not like the cavs had a cake walk, they beat the wizards who was on equal terms with them and their games were always competitive even though they swept them, then they beat the nets which also wasn't a cake walk, then they played the almighty pistons in which lebron had one of the best single playoff game performances of alltime and lead his team past them, then they eventually lost to a great spurs team. a 21-22 year old leading his team up to that point was very impressive.

    Lebron is the best player in the NBA/World:scorps:
     
         

  23. #73
    Loves One Piece PUU's Avatar
    Status
    PUU is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DA BURGH
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    13 consecutive playoff loses

    good job d'wade getting hot in the 3rd quarter and my boi lebron taking over in the 4th.

    time for durant to go off on the mavs:D
     
         

  24. #74
    Dark Assasin ItachiG's Avatar
    Status
    ItachiG is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Other world
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fukufanboys View Post
    Im a bulls fan and imo they will make it to the championship but as much as i hate to say it they will lose to the ball-hoggin kobe and the lakers
    you are way off my friend...if the bulls couldnt beat the heat last year WITH Rose, they cannot do it without. Finals Prediction: Heat vs San Antonio
     
         

  25. #75
    RekeHavoc's Avatar
    Status
    RekeHavoc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sosa
     

    Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs



    Bout to happen this Sunday tune in!!
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •