This user has no status.

Jacob Teaches Me The Way Of The Sword

*Waits for the great Jacob Moore*

Thanks so much again!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Jacob Teaches Me The Way Of The Sword

Now, tell me everything you know about Kenjutsu.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kenjutsu translates to "Sword Technique". In Naruto it is most commonly used by those from the Land of the Iron, the samurai. Kenjutsu is a form of Taijutsu that utilizes the sword and does not require the use of Chakra though it can be made even more deadly by using Ninjutsu such as channeling Lightning or Wind Chakra into the blade like we have seen in the Manga and Anime. Also utilizing Genjutsu to bind a target can make you even more deadly. Also The Seven Swordsman of the Mist are the most known Swordsman in the world of Naruto.

In the real world, it is the same thing but of course can not utilize chakra, ninjutsu, or genjutsu. It originated in Japan in their Samurai in the 19th century. It was taught in many schools where children would spar for a long time using bamboo swords and now a days, it is closely associated with Kendo.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind.. View Post
    Kenjutsu translates to "Sword Technique". In Naruto it is most commonly used by those from the Land of the Iron, the samurai. Kenjutsu is a form of Taijutsu that utilizes the sword and does not require the use of Chakra though it can be made even more deadly by using Ninjutsu such as channeling Lightning or Wind Chakra into the blade like we have seen in the Manga and Anime. Also utilizing Genjutsu to bind a target can make you even more deadly. Also The Seven Swordsman of the Mist are the most known Swordsman in the world of Naruto.

In the real world, it is the same thing but of course can not utilize chakra, ninjutsu, or genjutsu. It originated in Japan in their Samurai in the 19th century. It was taught in many schools where children would spar for a long time using bamboo swords and now a days, it is closely associated with Kendo.
    o-o
    Very Good.

In short however, Kenjutsu is the art of the sword; If you do not respect the blade, then you are not fit to wield one.

Now, let's move on.

Can you tell me the difference between a One-Handed Slash and a Two-Handed Slash?

Besides the obvious of course.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Moore View Post
    o-o
    Very Good.

In short however, Kenjutsu is the art of the sword; If you do not respect the blade, then you are not fit to wield one.

Now, let's move on.

Can you tell me the difference between a One-Handed Slash and a Two-Handed Slash?

Besides the obvious of course.
    One Handed Slash is more controlled and does not leave you as open as a Two Handed Slash. Though when using a one handed slash, it is not as powerful thus the opponent doesn't need to be as strong to defend against it. The One Handed Slash is better to use against a more agile opponent who can more easily dodge something or someone who is very fast.

A Two Handed Slash is much more powerful but less controlled and leaves you much more off balance. Against a faster more agile opponent, it will be much less effective because they just need to dodge and can get you because you will be off balance. Though the Two Handed Slash is very good against those who are very slow and have slow reactions.

Is there anything else?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

One Handed Slash is more controlled and does not leave you as open as a Two Handed Slash. Though when using a one handed slash, it is not as powerful thus the opponent doesn't need to be as strong to defend against it. The One Handed Slash is better to use against a more agile opponent who can more easily dodge something or someone who is very fast.

A Two Handed Slash is much more powerful but less controlled and leaves you much more off balance. Against a faster more agile opponent, it will be much less effective because they just need to dodge and can get you because you will be off balance. Though the Two Handed Slash is very good against those who are very slow and have slow reactions.

Is there anything else?
    Well I wouldn't say you are "under control" rather with a One Handed Slash is gives you more flexibility as you can maneuver your blade to adjust to an incoming attack, or to hit a moving target. It isn't accurate to say that a one handed slash should be used against faster opponents, since they are slower than two handed.

Two Handed are more powerful and faster due to the extra force behind the blade, but offer less flexibility and are harder to chain attacks after.

Good?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well I wouldn't say you are "under control" rather with a One Handed Slash is gives you more flexibility as you can maneuver your blade to adjust to an incoming attack, or to hit a moving target. It isn't accurate to say that a one handed slash should be used against faster opponents, since they are slower than two handed.

Two Handed are more powerful and faster due to the extra force behind the blade, but offer less flexibility and are harder to chain attacks after.

Good?
    Alright yeah that makes sense to me. I see the difference. I am good.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright yeah that makes sense to me. I see the difference. I am good.
    Alright so, please demonstrate for me a One Handed Horizontal Slash for me on the wooden training dummy. Use detail to emphasize where you hit the dummy, as well as your footing when you make the slash.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Alright so, please demonstrate for me a One Handed Horizontal Slash for me on the wooden training dummy. Use detail to emphasize where you hit the dummy, as well as your footing when you make the slash.
    *As I look at the training dummy it seems to have its right arm up as if it were holding a sword so with this knowledge, I know that in a real fight they would have the hardest time defending against their left side of the body. So using this information, I raise my right hand with the sword facing up. I then drop down into a nice battle stance as I walk forward and ready my weapon. After doing this I then twist my right hand 90 degrees clockwise so that the sharp edge of the blade is facing left of me. As I do this I then bring my arm back along the X-Axis around the right side of my body to gain momentum and energy. As I do this I then begin to swing my arm left while keeping my wrist very stiff as to make sure the sword would go through the person's body. As I swing left I use my entire body for extra force, including my legs and core. As I do this I hit the dummies left side of his rib cage, which would cause major damage to an opponent if he or she were hit there.*

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*As I look at the training dummy it seems to have its right arm up as if it were holding a sword so with this knowledge, I know that in a real fight they would have the hardest time defending against their left side of the body. So using this information, I raise my right hand with the sword facing up. I then drop down into a nice battle stance as I walk forward and ready my weapon. After doing this I then twist my right hand 90 degrees clockwise so that the sharp edge of the blade is facing left of me. As I do this I then bring my arm back along the X-Axis around the right side of my body to gain momentum and energy. As I do this I then begin to swing my arm left while keeping my wrist very stiff as to make sure the sword would go through the person's body. As I swing left I use my entire body for extra force, including my legs and core. As I do this I hit the dummies left side of his rib cage, which would cause major damage to an opponent if he or she were hit there.*
    Good!

Now, a One Hand Vertical please.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good!

Now, a One Hand Vertical please.
    *As you tell me what to do, I then lift my sword back up to ready stance. After doing so I then bring my arm upwards while bring it back as well. By doing this I am able to gain energy in my arm that can be used for the sheer force of the attack. As I do this I then bring it level with my head as I am about ready to preform the one-handed vertical slash. I then drop down into a battle stance, and as I do so I then lunch forward and extend my elbow while bring my arm downwards with a lot of force.*

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good, now do you know what a stab is?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good, now do you know what a stab is?
    Yeah I know how to stab stuff o-o

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah I know how to stab stuff o-o
    Mind describing what it is to me?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Mind describing what it is to me?
    Well depending on the circumstance, you could either be using some sort of dagger or knife, or you could be using a spear or sword or something else like a bayonet, but you pretty much thrust your object at someone sending it through them and hurting them and making them bleed .

Sorry for not responding for a long time, been in Hawaii and also not feeling well.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well depending on the circumstance, you could either be using some sort of dagger or knife, or you could be using a spear or sword or something else like a bayonet, but you pretty much thrust your object at someone sending it through them and hurting them and making them bleed .

Sorry for not responding for a long time, been in Hawaii and also not feeling well.
    Well, that's very blunt, but it is somewhat correct ^_^

A stab is like a forward thrusting motion of a bladed weapon. It does not carry much power, but it can be lethal. Stabs are also very fast, so they are difficult to avoid in certain scenarios, however if you manage to parry one or evade, it will leave your opponent in an awkward position and give you a window of opportunity (We'll be getting to parries later).

So could you please demonstrate a stab for me on the training dummy?

(And don't worry about it ^_^)