Cool Story Bro.

No seriously, cool story

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deep

Re: How to Be Cool (20 points)

Very good social advice.

As a note you may want to put that rule 9 and 12 need to be balanced. I always notice people talking too much about certain members of their friend circles and it makes people feel uncomfortable.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laziness at its finest.

I liked that thread! ^^

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You could kill a
    lifetime without feeling
    anything but skin"

11, 16, and 18 I already do xD

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Haha! So agree, but I just call it being a man.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

WOW this changed my life.
    Thank you! Thank you very much.
    Now I'm not that socially awkward guy in my grup anymore.
    Thank you.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is rad. Respect.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie.. View Post
    1) You're already cool. Whatever anyone else says is invalid. You observe what they say but you don't listen. You realize that you can't make everyone happy.

2) You never argue. When you're cool, arguing is always cancelled. You realize winning an argument is pointless. When you know you're right you just know it. You don't need to waste time effort and energy attempting to persuade someone who hasn't seen the things you have seen ... read the books you have ... been the places you have ... met the people you have ... that they are wrong and you are right. You're right and that's that.

3) You stand tall. You have exemplary posture. You never slouch.

4) When you speak people listen. You speak with such confidence, that when you talk people listen. You never mumble. You look people in the eye. And when talking to people you don't look at their possible dandruff, or that mole on their chin or whatever you look them in their eyes.

5) The only brand you advertise is your own. You wear simple but stylish clothing free from corporate logo's or slogans. You don't advertise brands like Nike on the shirt you are wearing or Levi on your jeans.

6) Don't walk - don't run - just glide like a 747. While others on the street may choose to walk at a zombie pace and others may choose to walk so fast it's hard to decipher whether they are walking or running you just glide. Your posture is exceptional and you are cool calm and collected thus you glide when seen in public walking from place to place.

7) Bend rules don't break them. If you're cool, you're a winner. You are not some deluded potato head who values your life above others. You realize rules and laws exist for good reason or because someone in authority thinks they are a good idea. Nonetheless you realize breaking laws or rules is never an option. But bending is.

8) You never lose your cool. When presented with a problem, no matter how small large or catastrophic you focus only on the solution. Whining about how you got into your current predicament does not even enter your cool head. You are 100% solution focused.

9) You say more with less. When talking, overall, you use less words in your sentences. You get to the point. You leave rambling for drunk old men who spend their life's in pubs drinking ale. When you are talking on-line in emails and websites, you get to the point. Your emails are always 8 lines or less. You just practice the mantra of always saying the absolute minimum in order to get maximum impact.

10) You have passion about what you do. Whether you are a designer a musician an entrepreneur, a mother a call centre operator ... you realize being passionate about what it is you do is imperative. And you are passionate about what you do. You realize being able to exert your talents is something to be grateful for and you are. Conversely you realize that being passionate about something does NOT give you a license to be emotional EVER.

11) You have your own language. If the current common trend is to say "Yo" when greeting people and "Later" when bidding farewell - you use neither. Instead you have your own versions.

12) You talk highly of other people. When you are introducing people you know to other people. Stand tall and introduce them. Don't just say "This is my friend Jennifer". Say something like "Fred, I want to introduce you to Jennifer. I really like Jennifer for a number of reasons. She is cool. She is attractive. And Jennifer is very intelligent. She grew up in Australia. She is here in London for 1 more year to finish her masters degree from the London School of Economics. Anyway, I am sure you will work out the rest yourself. Fred, this is my good friend Jennifer."

13) You know that every problem has a solution. Some problems may have solutions that can be implemented within seconds. Some may take minutes. Some hours. Some days. And others much longer. But every problem has a solution. You realize this. And thus you are solution focused and never ever whine when presented with a problem or problems ...

14) You don't procrastinate. You realize that this it. This is your life. This is it. This is all you have. And you will use every moment you have as a celebration. When you have work to do you get to work. You don't attend bullshit meetings. You put yourself under pressure and use that pressure to ignite your hyper productive skills within you, to get the absolute maximum output.

15) You never talk down to anyone ever. Everyone is equal. Everyone is a citizen of your world.

16) You enjoy wearing black. But you're not a goth and never will be.

17) You don't avoid fear - you head towards it at pace. You caress it. You face it. You make love to it. And you ruthlessly knock it over like a bulldozer knocking through brick walls.

18) You are friends with all types of people. You have friends who have varying occupations. They have different religions. They are different ethnicities. And they believe in things different to you. You have friends who are authors, film makers, journalists, designers, entrepreneurs, communists, venture capitalists, politicians and so on.

19) You are not a member of the masons or any other similar organization. You don't need to know any secret handshake to get ahead.

20) You are always learning. You realize that people not learning are busy dying. You never stand still because you realize when you're cool you have to always keep learning. You are always looking for better solutions to bigger problems.
    :ghehe: I still have a long way to go regarding the red points.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

this should be handed out to kids seeing psychiatric doctors for social problems. its beautiful.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's really awesome

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Great thread bro