such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Re: General Football Debates!

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Yeah I just read that lol

Rooney will play for sure, as a result in that game will give them great confidence in up coming Euros. Well thats UEFA for you, they make the decision around here. I have to agree with the 3 game suspension being too much, but the foul was no better. England will have to fight to stay in till the KO rounds for Rooney to return.

Hahahha Giggs...I just read that also earlier today.

Villa is impressive and the best striker in Spain, so far.

Messi stunned....

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/...urn=sow-wp5631

Also sad news with Argentina, as they lost to Venezuela for the first time 1-0 in the Brasil WC qualifier. Messi and co will be criticized a lot for this.

Ronaldinho is also doing well in Brasil club and he scored to help Brasil win a friendly VS Mexico, while Brasil had 10 men (D. Alves got red carded).
    O-o

Well, the foul was useless but the player did not get injured and there are worst fouls before than that, that's why 3-match seems excessive. What's saddening for Rooney is that he did the foul just when Capello was thinking to put him as England's captain for Euro.

Also, that scene of Rooney created much hate around him and ManU too (I wonder why) worldwide and in England.

That scene of Giggs deserved an award. It was hilarious.

Well, it happens but I can't really search for analysis in that match since I didn't seen it. It's funny and ironic that as Messi improves with Barca, he regresses with Argentina.

Good news for Ronaldinho then. Brazil too is a bit in a construction phase right now after the poor WC. But they have lots of promising young players just like Spain, so I think, they'll get it right slowly.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.

Rooney plays crap in an England shirt. The only reason capello plays him is cause he's a talisman and people think of him as a national icon, yet I can't recall him doing anything outstanding while wearing an English shirt. Personally, I'd have a defoe + bent pairing. Defoe seems more eager to do well for England, rather than Wayne who just seems to run around aimlessly and get's angry when things don't go his way.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    Rooney plays crap in an England shirt. The only reason capello plays him is cause he's a talisman and people think of him as a national icon, yet I can't recall him doing anything outstanding while wearing an English shirt. Personally, I'd have a defoe + bent pairing. Defoe seems more eager to do well for England, rather than Wayne who just seems to run around aimlessly and get's angry when things don't go his way.
    I agree with him being here mostly because of his status and having done few achievements for England - except perhaps his large goal scoring in WC 2010 Qualifiers. Too bad that before WC Group stages, he got injured. But it's unarguable that doing good in Qualifiers only for a World-Class player is a real paucity in terms of achievement.

Right now, I'll still let him though but rather as Offensive Midfielder. I'd rather have a 4-1-3-2 where there's one defensive midfielder in front of the defense (Barry/Milner/Gerrard/Lampard/Parker) and have 2 offensives winger (Young and Walcott) and Rooney (Offensive midfielder) as play-makers. The Bent/Caroll and Defoe/Walcott sounds good.

Rooney will be much better with a Midfielder's skill cause' not only he got the ability to act as a solid play-maker that he usually does in ManU but unlike some midfielders like Lampard, atleast Rooney is someone who runs on the field like a midfielder should and will make proper quick defensive measures in case of opponents' counter.

Moreover, it's not only Rooney who got problems with England. Few of those England players have been proficient with the National Team as much as they have been in their Clubs. No need to give a list cause' the list included almost everyone. There's no teamwork just like Argentina, Portugal, Italy or France. These are all teams with good potential but poor teamwork and unstable consistency. Those 2 factors which are key to WC's Top 3 - Spain, Holland and Germany.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    O-o

Well, the foul was useless but the player did not get injured and there are worst fouls before than that, that's why 3-match seems excessive. What's saddening for Rooney is that he did the foul just when Capello was thinking to put him as England's captain for Euro.

Also, that scene of Rooney created much hate around him and ManU too (I wonder why) worldwide and in England.

That scene of Giggs deserved an award. It was hilarious.

Well, it happens but I can't really search for analysis in that match since I didn't seen it. It's funny and ironic that as Messi improves with Barca, he regresses with Argentina.

Good news for Ronaldinho then. Brazil too is a bit in a construction phase right now after the poor WC. But they have lots of promising young players just like Spain, so I think, they'll get it right slowly.
    The way I look at it, Rooney got the three match ban due to that tackle being purposely done than an accident (as we know what he is going through with his father). Anyways not like England are going to win or stand a chance especially with Spain, Germany, and Netherlands being favs.

Welcome to the club, a certain scene of a players puts the hate on a club, don't you just love it? The same with Barcelona 2-3 players dive the entire club gets hated for it.

Giggs is a player, 3 girls at once (his wife, his brothers wife, and Miss Wales)? At 37 years old!! LOL

Messi is currently the best in the world as everyone knows him, that is why he gets criticized a lot. What has Ronlado, Benzema, Higuain, Aguero, Rooney, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Gerrad, Pepe, D. Alves, Mercelo, Di Maria, Vidic, Rio, Rossi, Sanchez, Dezko, Giggs, Dafoe, Owen and so forth done for their nations? Oh, thats right....Nothing. All these guys can perform for there clubs, but not nation. Argentina as a whole is flopping you can't except one person to carry the team. I mean even Pele and Maradona had a decent team to work with when they had their success.

I will cover some fixtures over this past weekend.

Barcelona VS Racing 3-0

Well Barcelona won this game 3-0, it was a special one for Messi as he scored two goals and now is the second top scorer for the club. Xavi added a goal also and Inesita with an assist on his return.

Real Madrid VS Betis - 4-1

Higuain added another hat trick to his list, I think thats 3 in 4 games? he had one before the international break and than one with Argentina and another after the break. I remember last year I had a lot of hope for Higuain, but after his injury never thought he'd be back in shape like this and now he is on fire (one of my personally favs in Madrid). Kaka is also rising and he had a goal to his name. He had an standing ovation when he was getting subbed. it seems Ronaldo is sharing the ball now a days.

Mou is gonna have some trouble, Kaka, Nuri, Ozil, Di Maria? who to pick!

Inter VS Catania - 2-1

Sadly they fellow again 2-1...no chance for them to capture league? Maybe? Maybe not.

AC Milan VS Parma - 3-0

They walked a way with a victory..finally.

Bayern VS Hertha - 4-0

They seem to be getting deadly idk why, but I got this strong feeling Bayern will be either in finals or at least semi-final giving us a great match in UEFA.

Liverpool VS Man U - 1-1

Well not much to say about this...both teams had some players sitting on the bench and Man u having the strongest bench there. Suarez had a good chance, but couldn't capitalize. Da Gea once again silencing critics with a good performance IMO. Also Evra has said that Suarez throw the N word towards him about more than 10 times that game, I guess there is an investigation on this and Evra has made these false accusations before so we will see. I'll leave the rest you Escorp.

Man. City VS Aston Villa - 4-1

What can be said...They finally pulled away from Man U and will face off this weekend? We will see who the top dog is, I'm hoping to see result from Man City

Chelsea VS Everton - 3-1

Is it me, or is the team better without Torres? 8 goals in the past 2 games LOL they have been on fire recently and they wish they could get that game back VS Man U.

Arsenal VS Sunderland - 2-1

Well the gunners seem to be rising they have won 4 of the last 5 games, so good to see results.

UEFA:

Man U VS Galati - 2-0

Galati played well to keep themselves in for about 60 mins till the PK came, actually both goals scored by Man u came from PK, lucky for them and Vidic also received a red. I think the last PK shouldn't have been given, because Rooney could have stayed up, but oh well thats football.

Napoli VS Bayern - 1-1

Really? Bayern first goal scored against them away from home. Neuer was at one point 1000+ mins without conceding a goal. Napoli is fighting I can see Bayern and Napoli advancing from this group, all though city better get results the next game against both.

Real Madrid VS Lyon - 4-0

Khedira? Really? first goal after a whole season and a bit longer. He didn't seems so surprised it was like if he scores on regular basis LOL...I knew Madrid will take this, this group is pretty much theirs and i doubt they will even lose a game.

Inter VS Lille

Well they lost the Serie A fixture, but manage to win their group fixtures for CL, at least some good news for their fans.

Man city VS Villarreal - 2-1

An own goal levelled it for Man city as they were trailing, and than Aguero got subbed on after coming back from an injury and scored in the 90th min to give Man City their first CL victory. Aguero will be Man U's threat IMO for this up coming clash in EPL.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

The way I look at it, Rooney got the three match ban due to that tackle being purposely done than an accident (as we know what he is going through with his father). Anyways not like England are going to win or stand a chance especially with Spain, Germany, and Netherlands being favs.

Welcome to the club, a certain scene of a players puts the hate on a club, don't you just love it? The same with Barcelona 2-3 players dive the entire club gets hated for it.

Giggs is a player, 3 girls at once (his wife, his brothers wife, and Miss Wales)? At 37 years old!! LOL

Messi is currently the best in the world as everyone knows him, that is why he gets criticized a lot. What has Ronlado, Benzema, Higuain, Aguero, Rooney, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Gerrad, Pepe, D. Alves, Mercelo, Di Maria, Vidic, Rio, Rossi, Sanchez, Dezko, Giggs, Dafoe, Owen and so forth done for their nations? Oh, thats right....Nothing. All these guys can perform for there clubs, but not nation. Argentina as a whole is flopping you can't except one person to carry the team. I mean even Pele and Maradona had a decent team to work with when they had their success.

I will cover some fixtures over this past weekend.

Barcelona VS Racing 3-0

Well Barcelona won this game 3-0, it was a special one for Messi as he scored two goals and now is the second top scorer for the club. Xavi added a goal also and Inesita with an assist on his return.

Real Madrid VS Betis - 4-1

Higuain added another hat trick to his list, I think thats 3 in 4 games? he had one before the international break and than one with Argentina and another after the break. I remember last year I had a lot of hope for Higuain, but after his injury never thought he'd be back in shape like this and now he is on fire (one of my personally favs in Madrid). Kaka is also rising and he had a goal to his name. He had an standing ovation when he was getting subbed. it seems Ronaldo is sharing the ball now a days.

Mou is gonna have some trouble, Kaka, Nuri, Ozil, Di Maria? who to pick!

Inter VS Catania - 2-1

Sadly they fellow again 2-1...no chance for them to capture league? Maybe? Maybe not.

AC Milan VS Parma - 3-0

They walked a way with a victory..finally.

Bayern VS Hertha - 4-0

They seem to be getting deadly idk why, but I got this strong feeling Bayern will be either in finals or at least semi-final giving us a great match in UEFA.

Liverpool VS Man U - 1-1

Well not much to say about this...both teams had some players sitting on the bench and Man u having the strongest bench there. Suarez had a good chance, but couldn't capitalize. Da Gea once again silencing critics with a good performance IMO. Also Evra has said that Suarez throw the N word towards him about more than 10 times that game, I guess there is an investigation on this and Evra has made these false accusations before so we will see. I'll leave the rest you Escorp.

Man. City VS Aston Villa - 4-1

What can be said...They finally pulled away from Man U and will face off this weekend? We will see who the top dog is, I'm hoping to see result from Man City

Chelsea VS Everton - 3-1

Is it me, or is the team better without Torres? 8 goals in the past 2 games LOL they have been on fire recently and they wish they could get that game back VS Man U.

Arsenal VS Sunderland - 2-1

Well the gunners seem to be rising they have won 4 of the last 5 games, so good to see results.

UEFA:

Man U VS Galati - 2-0

Galati played well to keep themselves in for about 60 mins till the PK came, actually both goals scored by Man u came from PK, lucky for them and Vidic also received a red. I think the last PK shouldn't have been given, because Rooney could have stayed up, but oh well thats football.

Napoli VS Bayern - 1-1

Really? Bayern first goal scored against them away from home. Neuer was at one point 1000+ mins without conceding a goal. Napoli is fighting I can see Bayern and Napoli advancing from this group, all though city better get results the next game against both.

Khedira? Really? first goal after a whole season and a bit longer. He didn't seems so surprised it was like if he scores on regular basis LOL...I knew Madrid will take this, this group is pretty much theirs and i doubt they will even lose a game.

Inter VS Lille

Well they lost the Serie A fixture, but manage to win their group fixtures for CL, at least some good news for their fans.

An own goal levelled it for Man city as they were trailing, and than Aguero got subbed on after coming back from an injury and scored in the 90th min to give Man City their first CL victory. Aguero will be Man U's threat IMO for this up coming clash in EPL.

You're a bit harsh against England. They're not that bad and have winners' potential in my eyes. Don't forget that they perhaps could have win it against Germany in WC if there wasn't that referee blindness.

And you won't get me with that excuse Barca's diving is a constant issue while this foul by Rooney is just a one-time event.

Giggs is the voice of the Power of the Youth Old. xD

And still I agree with some players like Giggs, Dzeko, CR7, Vidic ect... But teams like Argentina and England got less excuses.

They can't say to have only one genius when they have a multitudes of World Class players in their teams.

I'll talk about United v/s Liverpool (since you left it to me anyways) and CL matches only.

United v/s Liverpool

Liverpool didn't have players on the bench to the contrary of ManU. United had a royal bench - Rooney, Nani, Chicharito, Berbatov, Valencia. Holy Sh!t. That was crazy. And De Gea didn't just put up a good performance. He was selected as man of the Match. And I'll get a bit into the match's analysis.

United entered Anfield's with a mindset - Not to Lose. It was pretty clear with 5 Defenders. In fact, despite Liverpool's domination, United still showed very interesting pressure plays and counters. Ferguson's plan was good though. He wanted to keep putting fatigue onto Liverpool players by forcing them into offense before entering his 3 Offense Jokers in the last 20 Mins. But just like fate (and referee) won't allow it, Adams gained a free-kick by a wonderful dive. Gerrard converted that free-kick based on a non-existent foul just when Rooney and Co. were going to enter. This forced United to fight for the equalizer instead of 3 points. All-in-all, for the effort, Liverpool deserved the 3 points but United too deserved it with their tactic which without that dive will have worked.

Onto, that allegations by Evra. I think it might be true. I love Suarez as a player but this isn't the first time. He also was alleged with those racial slurs in the match against Ghana at WC. He's also of provocative nature as shown with his joy during the PK miss after he put the hand. I got no proof but Evra though is provocative too, knows the EPL for begin here since years and I don't think he'll make fake accusations. It's gotta be true but that's the FA's job to investigate on. It's sad for football if it's proven true though.

Man U VS Galati - 2-0

Well, the match was hard since Galati defended well. The 2 PKs are justified in my eyes though. Rooney didn't really dive in the last one. He didn't even raise his hands to influence referee's decision. It was legitimate and the defender who makes the foul clearly was expressing that he knew he made a foul. The red for Vidic was harsh to me. It was a dangerous tackle but it was something that was more of a misjudgment that of malicious intention. But, oh well...it's football like you said.

Napoli VS Bayern - 1-1

Napoli is damn good. That's all I've got to say.

Well, Khedira's 1st goal is also due to an golden pass by Benzema. Benzema did an exceptional match overall. Hats-off to Mourinho. When asked why he chosen Benzema over Higuain who's been collecting hat-tricks, he replied that he knew Lyon was going to defend and since Higuain is dangerous in through-balls, it was better to put a forward like Benzema in this match who's better technically. The result is a crushing 4-0. They are indeed becoming more like a team with Ronaldo playing for Madrid and not Madrid playing for CR7.

Inter VS Lille - 1-0

I pity Lille. They did 3 good matches and are perhaps the French side showing the best sides of them in CL this year but they are last of their groups. I guess the cruel lack of experience is costly to them. Inter put a wonderful goal though there were mistakes by Lille's defense in this match. Afterwards, despite fantastic attack display by Lille, the ferocious Inter's defense and great Julio Cesar got the 1-0 lead in tact.

And paradoxically, it's Aguero. Well, I always root for all English teams in CL anyways (until they clash against ManU), so I'm happy that they win.

Let's see against ManU...It will show if that 1 point grabbed at Anfield is precious or not. If they lost against Liverpool and win against City, ManU will have been again on Top but on Goal Average only. Now if they win, they best City by 1 point.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You're a bit harsh against England. They're not that bad and have winners' potential in my eyes. Don't forget that they perhaps could have win it against Germany in WC if there wasn't that referee blindness.

And you won't get me with that excuse Barca's diving is a constant issue while this foul by Rooney is just a one-time event.

Giggs is the voice of the Power of the Youth Old. xD

And still I agree with some players like Giggs, Dzeko, CR7, Vidic ect... But teams like Argentina and England got less excuses.

They can't say to have only one genius when they have a multitudes of World Class players in their teams.

I'll talk about United v/s Liverpool (since you left it to me anyways) and CL matches only.

United v/s Liverpool

Liverpool didn't have players on the bench to the contrary of ManU. United had a royal bench - Rooney, Nani, Chicharito, Berbatov, Valencia. Holy Sh!t. That was crazy. And De Gea didn't just put up a good performance. He was selected as man of the Match. And I'll get a bit into the match's analysis.

United entered Anfield's with a mindset - Not to Lose. It was pretty clear with 5 Defenders. In fact, despite Liverpool's domination, United still showed very interesting pressure plays and counters. Ferguson's plan was good though. He wanted to keep putting fatigue onto Liverpool players by forcing them into offense before entering his 3 Offense Jokers in the last 20 Mins. But just like fate (and referee) won't allow it, Adams gained a free-kick by a wonderful dive. Gerrard converted that free-kick based on a non-existent foul just when Rooney and Co. were going to enter. This forced United to fight for the equalizer instead of 3 points. All-in-all, for the effort, Liverpool deserved the 3 points but United too deserved it with their tactic which without that dive will have worked.

Onto, that allegations by Evra. I think it might be true. I love Suarez as a player but this isn't the first time. He also was alleged with those racial slurs in the match against Ghana at WC. He's also of provocative nature as shown with his joy during the PK miss after he put the hand. I got no proof but Evra though is provocative too, knows the EPL for begin here since years and I don't think he'll make fake accusations. It's gotta be true but that's the FA's job to investigate on. It's sad for football if it's proven true though.

Man U VS Galati - 2-0

Well, the match was hard since Galati defended well. The 2 PKs are justified in my eyes though. Rooney didn't really dive in the last one. He didn't even raise his hands to influence referee's decision. It was legitimate and the defender who makes the foul clearly was expressing that he knew he made a foul. The red for Vidic was harsh to me. It was a dangerous tackle but it was something that was more of a misjudgment that of malicious intention. But, oh well...it's football like you said.

Napoli VS Bayern - 1-1

Napoli is damn good. That's all I've got to say.

Well, Khedira's 1st goal is also due to an golden pass by Benzema. Benzema did an exceptional match overall. Hats-off to Mourinho. When asked why he chosen Benzema over Higuain who's been collecting hat-tricks, he replied that he knew Lyon was going to defend and since Higuain is dangerous in through-balls, it was better to put a forward like Benzema in this match who's better technically. The result is a crushing 4-0. They are indeed becoming more like a team with Ronaldo playing for Madrid and not Madrid playing for CR7.

Inter VS Lille - 1-0

I pity Lille. They did 3 good matches and are perhaps the French side showing the best sides of them in CL this year but they are last of their groups. I guess the cruel lack of experience is costly to them. Inter put a wonderful goal though there were mistakes by Lille's defense in this match. Afterwards, despite fantastic attack display by Lille, the ferocious Inter's defense and great Julio Cesar got the 1-0 lead in tact.

And paradoxically, it's Aguero. Well, I always root for all English teams in CL anyways (until they clash against ManU), so I'm happy that they win.

Let's see against ManU...It will show if that 1 point grabbed at Anfield is precious or not. If they lost against Liverpool and win against City, ManU will have been again on Top but on Goal Average only. Now if they win, they best City by 1 point.
    I know, I'm underrating England national team, but I guess we will see what they can do this Euro and WC.

Oh shoot, i thought I could get you their...

Anything Barcelona does, it's considered a crime against football, it's because they are the best team in the world (atm) and everyone hates the best team in the world besides their fans. When Cristiano Ronaldo was the best in the Premier League in 2006-07, he was hated, now it's Barcelona, but it can't be Messi because he doesn't dive (rarely), so they try to find someone else like Dani Alves and Pedro to hit at (Sergio B is a diver).

A Madrid supporter who is a friend of mine, laughs a this when we talk about it, because he states that Madrid/Mou started this against Barcelona, at first they (Barcelona) were like every other successful club, and getting lucky with certain calls, but now every foul isn't a foul, but a dive (from Barcelona) in the watchers eyes. He is a die hard fan and has never felt down about Madrid. His family has been a fan of madrid for over 50 years! :o but he still respects all Spanish club and he brought up a good question, that I couldn't answer.

The question was, "What UEFA, Euro, and WC campaign have you seen where a team ended up winning due to a bad call (dive, PK, red card, offside call, and so on) the finals or at least what teams got screwed from proceeding, because of that?"

About 80-90% of campaigns at least one team get screwed over. I mean, there must be a successful one that has taken place, but I think majority haven't (a least n the eye of media and fans who boost these conspiracies) look at France vs Italy in 2006? Uruguay VS Ghana 2010?, or like you said Germany VS England 2010?

The list can go on majority of the times these big matches get called by Ref and fans blame them at the end. Chelsea VS Man U, this season many think Chelsea were cheated and refs favoured Man U. Barcelona whooped madrid ass 5-0, and Madrid started blaming them for dives, when Madrid is clearly known for playing aggressively. If not for that it's more like they (Barcelona) get ref influences. It's a never ending saga, tomorrow when Madrid/Man U/Chelsea/Bayern/Milan, or even City, they like Barcelona will also be tagged with something.

Man U VS Liverpool:

Yes, it was a good game, and the Suarez part is true, but I doubt it he wouldn't unless he wants a suspension.

That dive you spoke of many didn't consider it a dive, this is what I meant from fan perspective, even the commentators called it a foul.

Man U VS Galati

I'm not saying, Rooney dived, but he could have kept his feet thats all. He didn't rise his hand while on the ground doesn't necessarily mean its a foul. I mean, I can simply say Rooney knew he went down to early looked at the ref to see if he'd get a PK and if not he'd jump back up and try getting the ball back. That's all. This has happen with Messi, when he's been cleaned tackle he'd assume to get a foul looks at the ref without complaining than gets back up and many others have done it.

Madrid have listen to Xavi He did tell them after a close game (Barcelona winning) in the Spanish cup that Madrid would be stronger as a team and now Mou's boys are playing as a team not as Ronaldo.

Napoli may eliminate City from this group.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

I know, I'm underrating England national team, but I guess we will see what they can do this Euro and WC.

Oh shoot, i thought I could get you their...

Anything Barcelona does, it's considered a crime against football, it's because they are the best team in the world (atm) and everyone hates the best team in the world besides their fans. When Cristiano Ronaldo was the best in the Premier League in 2006-07, he was hated, now it's Barcelona, but it can't be Messi because he doesn't dive (rarely), so they try to find someone else like Dani Alves and Pedro to hit at (Sergio B is a diver).

A Madrid supporter who is a friend of mine, laughs a this when we talk about it, because he states that Madrid/Mou started this against Barcelona, at first they (Barcelona) were like every other successful club, and getting lucky with certain calls, but now every foul isn't a foul, but a dive (from Barcelona) in the watchers eyes. He is a die hard fan and has never felt down about Madrid. His family has been a fan of madrid for over 50 years! :o but he still respects all Spanish club and he brought up a good question, that I couldn't answer.

The question was, "What UEFA, Euro, and WC campaign have you seen where a team ended up winning due to a bad call (dive, PK, red card, offside call, and so on) the finals or at least what teams got screwed from proceeding, because of that?"

About 80-90% of campaigns at least one team get screwed over. I mean, there must be a successful one that has taken place, but I think majority haven't (a least n the eye of media and fans who boost these conspiracies) look at France vs Italy in 2006? Uruguay VS Ghana 2010?, or like you said Germany VS England 2010?

The list can go on majority of the times these big matches get called by Ref and fans blame them at the end. Chelsea VS Man U, this season many think Chelsea were cheated and refs favoured Man U. Barcelona whooped madrid ass 5-0, and Madrid started blaming them for dives, when Madrid is clearly known for playing aggressively. If not for that it's more like they (Barcelona) get ref influences. It's a never ending saga, tomorrow when Madrid/Man U/Chelsea/Bayern/Milan, or even City, they like Barcelona will also be tagged with something.

Man U VS Liverpool:

Yes, it was a good game, and the Suarez part is true, but I doubt it he wouldn't unless he wants a suspension.

That dive you spoke of many didn't consider it a dive, this is what I meant from fan perspective, even the commentators called it a foul.

Man U VS Galati

I'm not saying, Rooney dived, but he could have kept his feet thats all. He didn't rise his hand while on the ground doesn't necessarily mean its a foul. I mean, I can simply say Rooney knew he went down to early looked at the ref to see if he'd get a PK and if not he'd jump back up and try getting the ball back. That's all. This has happen with Messi, when he's been cleaned tackle he'd assume to get a foul looks at the ref without complaining than gets back up and many others have done it.

Madrid have listen to Xavi He did tell them after a close game (Barcelona winning) in the Spanish cup that Madrid would be stronger as a team and now Mou's boys are playing as a team not as Ronaldo.

Napoli may eliminate City from this group.

We'll see...

Well, it's fact in football - success breeds more hate. And both Barca and ManU are being hated for being the best in the last 5 years. even Madrid, City and Chelsea are hated only because they have the potential to buy players.

That question is awesome (thanks for sharing). I look at it blankly to think of an answer and he's right as I can't really remember a campaign that wasn't f**ked up in a way or the other.

That dive from Adams is 10 times more of a dive than that of Rooney against Galati. Adams already started to swim into the grass when he saw Ferdinand rushing to him and Ferdinand just scratched his shoes when Adams was already half-way bent towards the ground. Then, just useless pressure onto asking that non-existant foul from the referee which he granted. All the commentators I heard in that match of Liverpool against ManU seemed anti-United as soon as United started the match. The hate generated from England's match and Rooney's biased even the commentators. So frankly, I don't care about them.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We'll see...

Well, it's fact in football - success breeds more hate. And both Barca and ManU are being hated for being the best in the last 5 years. even Madrid, City and Chelsea are hated only because they have the potential to buy players.

That question is awesome (thanks for sharing). I look at it blankly to think of an answer and he's right as I can't really remember a campaign that wasn't f**ked up in a way or the other.

That dive from Adams is 10 times more of a dive than that of Rooney against Galati. Adams already started to swim into the grass when he saw Ferdinand rushing to him and Ferdinand just scratched his shoes when Adams was already half-way bent towards the ground. Then, just useless pressure onto asking that non-existant foul from the referee which he granted. All the commentators I heard in that match of Liverpool against ManU seemed anti-United as soon as United started the match. The hate generated from England's match and Rooney's biased even the commentators. So frankly, I don't care about them.
    I agree with that.

Yeah, at least not in our time, but i doubt in the past it was like that too, as it seemed worser than this. I use to hear all kind of stuff for certain players being taken out by the mafia (from their nation) due to a PK miss or a open chance miss in the past.

I'm not saying it wasn't a dive, but people look at it in a different way. It's a fans look on the tackle/foul. The goal was also Giggs fault, if he didn't move ball would have hit the wall instead he just gave Gerrad that goal and confused De Gea, all though Suarez dance was funny LOL

Anyways, Man U are second and have a possibility of being eliminated if Benfica and Basel play there heart, but thats unlikely if anything is possible Man U may finish second, but even than they have possibility of being paired with Barcelona, Milan, Madrid, Chelsea, and Bayern in KO stage, all though a win against these teams will only boost confidence.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

I agree with that.

Yeah, at least not in our time, but i doubt in the past it was like that too, as it seemed worser than this. I use to hear all kind of stuff for certain players being taken out by the mafia (from their nation) due to a PK miss or a open chance miss in the past.

I'm not saying it wasn't a dive, but people look at it in a different way. It's a fans look on the tackle/foul. The goal was also Giggs fault, if he didn't move ball would have hit the wall instead he just gave Gerrad that goal and confused De Gea, all though Suarez dance was funny LOL

Anyways, Man U are second and have a possibility of being eliminated if Benfica and Basel play there heart, but thats unlikely if anything is possible Man U may finish second, but even than they have possibility of being paired with Barcelona, Milan, Madrid, Chelsea, and Bayern in KO stage, all though a win against these teams will only boost confidence.
    Yeah and don't forget there weren't 4-5 referees either. But I wonder if I'm wrong but though corruption and mistakes were always there, I think the 1st big case of referee misjudgment that showed to everyone how a referee can change the match, was in the England Final Win when the ball never seemed to pass the goaline entirely. Well, Europe changed a bit but there are countries where underworld and gangsters/mafia threats still exist.

I know it was Giggs' fault but that free-kick should never have been given whatsoever but oh well, as I said, that 1point was precious. Also, with the 3 point, Liverpool could have entered the Top4 but with a draw, they didn't. As for United, they can still grab the 1st place against City this week-end. It's more of a 1 point gain for United and 2 Point Loss for Liverpool in a way.

We'll see. United can still clinch some good victories. And also, being first could prove to be a poisoned gift for someone. Imagine yourself - struggling yourself to gain a 1st place, only to end up being placed against Milan or Barcelona. Luck is also a crucial factor in this draw like always. Teams like Marseille, APOEL, Zenit or Leverkusen may still put some upsets and may also finish first in their groups which could be interesting draws for some 2nd placed teams. Fingers crossed so that I don't get another Barca v/s Arsenal cause I'm tired of their clashes now.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah and don't forget there weren't 4-5 referees either. But I wonder if I'm wrong but though corruption and mistakes were always there, I think the 1st big case of referee misjudgment that showed to everyone how a referee can change the match, was in the England Final Win when the ball never seemed to pass the goaline entirely. Well, Europe changed a bit but there are countries where underworld and gangsters/mafia threats still exist.

I know it was Giggs' fault but that free-kick should never have been given whatsoever but oh well, as I said, that 1point was precious. Also, with the 3 point, Liverpool could have entered the Top4 but with a draw, they didn't. As for United, they can still grab the 1st place against City this week-end. It's more of a 1 point gain for United and 2 Point Loss for Liverpool in a way.

We'll see. United can still clinch some good victories. And also, being first could prove to be a poisoned gift for someone. Imagine yourself - struggling yourself to gain a 1st place, only to end up being placed against Milan or Barcelona. Luck is also a crucial factor in this draw like always. Teams like Marseille, APOEL, Zenit or Leverkusen may still put some upsets and may also finish first in their groups which could be interesting draws for some 2nd placed teams. Fingers crossed so that I don't get another Barca v/s Arsenal cause I'm tired of their clashes now.
    Yes, thats true also. I think the Mafia has back off it a little more than back in the day, but the on going issue is the refs. When England won the WC? In the 60's? It should have gone to PK than lol.

I don't know if you play FIFA games, but FIFA 12 is amazing, its funny because you will see dives and wrong calls. I've played a few games and have scored either an offside goal or have been scored on offside. The dives are just to funny lol although the teams (AI's) play like Barcelona with possession and it gets annoying because they don't play attacking either, its more just pass the ball to who ever is open, they even go back to there goalie on the easiest difficulty. I pressured a guy from my end to his and he kicks the ball out, so I get the throw in, and in hard they find someone to pass to my only complain. I've been ot classed in possession or hard difficulty by at least 20%, but yet I have more shots on goal/target, it's kind of stupid that way my only complain. (off topic much!)

Well, the FK was given nevertheless, but than Giggs pretty much allowed it to go in. Well Liverpool need 4th no matter what they better get 2-3 good signings this Jan-Feb to keep them in the race, because with the team they have now it won't get them that far.

Yes, that is true, well for Man U's case lets hope they finish first or at least avoid getting drawn with Milan, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, or Bayern in KO. In any case they still have time to get too first, and yes lets hope not to see another Arsenal and Barcelona game even tho I thnik Barcelona may beat this Arsenal team easier than the past few years, but Arsenal are 1st in there group, they have improved over the past month.

Liverpool drew today drawing is better than losing, but they need wins.

Madrid hammered Malaga 4-0 Higuain (1) and Ronaldo's hattrick (3), still three minutes to go in the game, Malaga started off poorly all the goals came within the 35 mins mark, but they pressured in the second half which they should have done from the start.

Di Maria 2 games, 4 assists
    Higuain 10 goals, 5 games

Do they even show up for Argentina games!? lol

Barcelona VS Sevilla

Well this game ended in a 0-0 draw (although as usual Barcelona dominating possession wise and shots), with Sevilla and both Barcelona still being undefeated this season. Sevilla GK Varas was playing outstandingly well and he even save a PK by Messi, he saved a total of 8 goals and I'd expect at least 3-4 of them to go in.

The stoppage time, you could tell how high the emotion was for both sides. In the stoppage time Inesita got fouled (brought down) in the box. It was a foul after looking at it closely you could tell Inesita was fouled from the start and he was already unbalanced till one of the defenders slide in and caught the unbalance Inesita from a previous foul without even touching the ball. Sevilla players swarmed the ref to change his mind, but both ref and assistance, said it was a foul (PK given). When Messi was getting ready for the shot Kanoute walked by and kicked/moved the ball away from the spot, and than just before Messi was about to take the shot Cesc and Kanoute went at it with Kanoute pushing and I think either punching/slapping/or poking him (will most likely be in the news later today or tomorrow, perhaps saying regrading racism), which a red card was ended to him (Kanoute). The PK was given, also F. Navarro also got the red, I don't what for, but the game ended in a 0-0 draw, with Varas making the save on Messi's PK shot, after that they did play another two minutes, and Barcelona pressured, but got nothing.

Last edited by ReLax -; 10-22-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Yes, thats true also. I think the Mafia has back off it a little more than back in the day, but the on going issue is the refs. When England won the WC? In the 60's? It should have gone to PK than lol.

I don't know if you play FIFA games, but FIFA 12 is amazing, its funny because you will see dives and wrong calls. I've played a few games and have scored either an offside goal or have been scored on offside. The dives are just to funny lol although the teams (AI's) play like Barcelona with possession and it gets annoying because they don't play attacking either, its more just pass the ball to who ever is open, they even go back to there goalie on the easiest difficulty. I pressured a guy from my end to his and he kicks the ball out, so I get the throw in, and in hard they find someone to pass to my only complain. I've been ot classed in possession or hard difficulty by at least 20%, but yet I have more shots on goal/target, it's kind of stupid that way my only complain. (off topic much!)

Well, the FK was given nevertheless, but than Giggs pretty much allowed it to go in. Well Liverpool need 4th no matter what they better get 2-3 good signings this Jan-Feb to keep them in the race, because with the team they have now it won't get them that far.

Yes, that is true, well for Man U's case lets hope they finish first or at least avoid getting drawn with Milan, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, or Bayern in KO. In any case they still have time to get too first, and yes lets hope not to see another Arsenal and Barcelona game even tho I thnik Barcelona may beat this Arsenal team easier than the past few years, but Arsenal are 1st in there group, they have improved over the past month.

Liverpool drew today drawing is better than losing, but they need wins.

Madrid hammered Malaga 4-0 Higuain (1) and Ronaldo's hattrick (3), still three minutes to go in the game, Malaga started off poorly all the goals came within the 35 mins mark, but they pressured in the second half which they should have done from the start.

Di Maria 2 games, 4 assists
    Higuain 10 goals, 5 games

Do they even show up for Argentina games!? lol

Barcelona VS Sevilla

Well this game ended in a 0-0 draw (although as usual Barcelona dominating possession wise and shots), with Sevilla and both Barcelona still being undefeated this season. Sevilla GK Varas was playing outstandingly well and he even save a PK by Messi, he saved a total of 8 goals and I'd expect at least 3-4 of them to go in.

The stoppage time, you could tell how high the emotion was for both sides. In the stoppage time Inesita got fouled (brought down) in the box. It was a foul after looking at it closely you could tell Inesita was fouled from the start and he was already unbalanced till one of the defenders slide in and caught the unbalance Inesita from a previous foul without even touching the ball. Sevilla players swarmed the ref to change his mind, but both ref and assistance, said it was a foul (PK given). When Messi was getting ready for the shot Kanoute walked by and kicked/moved the ball away from the spot, and than just before Messi was about to take the shot Cesc and Kanoute went at it with Kanoute pushing and I think either punching/slapping/or poking him (will most likely be in the news later today or tomorrow, perhaps saying regrading racism), which a red card was ended to him (Kanoute). The PK was given, also F. Navarro also got the red, I don't what for, but the game ended in a 0-0 draw, with Varas making the save on Messi's PK shot, after that they did play another two minutes, and Barcelona pressured, but got nothing.
    Somewhere in the 60s but don't really remember the exact year. 1964 but I'm not sure... Too lazy to Google it

I have FIFA 10 and 11 on PS3 and 09 and 07 on PS2. I haven't brought FIFA 12 yet with exams going on. Surely will do it for holidays. Needs to put back my WiFi though. It's been a heck of a time that I played FIFA 11 too. The last time was against my cousins on Eid. I'll see how FIFA 12 is when I'll buy it. I haven't mastered FIFA 11 as well though. I'll start back with many basics in FIFA 12 I think. I really played far too few times with FIFA 11 this past year compared to the amount I usually play. I prefer my PSP, more practical.

Well, Liverpool have a great and interesting midfield; proposing many options now. What they'll need, to my point, is a good substitute for Suarez/Carrol and an offensive winger. Otherwise, the team is pretty well-balanced.

The first big news is that either Milan or Barca will finish second which obviously raises some interest. Arsenal are indeed getting better but all their recent victories are hard-fought ones and they'll need a convincing and large score victory to boost the still-damaged morale.

As I said, the draw at Anfield against ManU will prove more costly to Liverpool than United on a long run, at least my opinion.

That Kung-Fu kick was nice from Ronaldo; for someone who's letting Kaka, Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain and Ozil the recent limelight, he sure knows how to bounce off. It definitely confirmed what we say earlier - Real is becoming a team. I almost want to exclaim "finally..."

The highlight only showed the miss PK but still, Sevilla is a hard team to play against. So a draw isn't that dramatic to a team of that caliber. I expect much more defensive approach of CL teams against Barca this year - perhaps, even more rough play. I depends if it will be in terms of zonal defense marking like Italian teams usually do or by dual defense marking like England teams do.

Gotta to go now, Manchester Derby in less than 30 minutes.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Can't believe Man.U lost 1-6
    That made me sick

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Kurogane View Post
    Can't believe Man.U lost 1-6
    That made me sick
    I'm seriously not interested in reviewing that match but I'll do it just to remove some anger.

Well, the 1st half was extremely balanced. United had large amount of possession in the 1st half but City, defended well. Surprisingly, the midfielders like Milner and Silva did a fantastic defensive job which helped considerably. Balotelli scored on a counter and celebrated with an "Why Always Me?". United looked disorganized for some moments after that 1st goal but they attacked. There, it seemed interesting. It showed, that with time, this territorial football of United might turn the match on a long run as City will lose some forces as time and effort are increased. The shots from United before the 1st half showed promise that with patience, United may clinch something interesting.

Now, moving to the dream-crushing 2nd half. Well, dream-crushing and mostly uselessly crucial factor occurred in the first minutes of the second half when Evans fouled Balotelli and was sent-off. The red card is justified but that fault was stupid by Evans. Even if a goal could have occurred at that point, it will have been something less consequent. Playing with 10 man against City on a 2nd Half while being lead 1-0, seemed suicidal and it proved extremely suicidal indeed.

Giving City the ball possession, due to being in numerical inferiority, really was seeming dangerous and the 2nd and 3rd goal proved it. At this time, if you considered that if United was still at 11, they might instead still being lead by 2-1 or 2-0 only. That red card to Evans was a serious turn-over. I can't believe that when your team is playing a match based on patience and construction, how can you make a foul that is bound to result in a red-card and crush all the tactical force and play of your team? Evans lacked lucidity in that cruelly and United paid it off heavily.

Anyways, United scored one goal afterwards by Fletcher (a beautiful goal but that does not really matter). At this point, it's a 3-1 and frankly, as I analyzed it before the match, a loss against City could be crucial on a long run but by no means, was it a catastrophic result. But I must agree that conceding 3 goals in 3 minutes and losing 6-1 makes that loss very infuriating. Not because of the overall performance but because of the poor defense in the last 3 minutes and obviously, that red card which disrupted every chances United had in this match. You are obviously on nerves when you see how passively City scored those last 3 goals.

City played well, no doubt at it and deserved the win obviously. I salute Silva most notably which was the Man of the Match in my eyes. They still needs to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea though, so their leadership is far from something concrete till December. Thsi victory will prove a landmark though for their season just as the 8-2 of United proved for them.

Any aftermath that could occur on United due to this loss - well, as I named this before the start of the season, they did pretty great in their '10 Stages of Hell' which will be complete against a perilous match against Everton next week. Still, the consequence of this will be present as a trauma on United's defense especially since they took 3 goals in last 3 minutes (first time I saw this from United's defense). It's a match that needs to be quickly forgotten and digested from ManUtd though. There are few positive notes to be taken on this match for United apart from a balanced competitive 1st half and the fact that there weren't much they could have done when being at 10 for 45 minutes.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Somewhere in the 60s but don't really remember the exact year. 1964 but I'm not sure... Too lazy to Google it

I have FIFA 10 and 11 on PS3 and 09 and 07 on PS2. I haven't brought FIFA 12 yet with exams going on. Surely will do it for holidays. Needs to put back my WiFi though. It's been a heck of a time that I played FIFA 11 too. The last time was against my cousins on Eid. I'll see how FIFA 12 is when I'll buy it. I haven't mastered FIFA 11 as well though. I'll start back with many basics in FIFA 12 I think. I really played far too few times with FIFA 11 this past year compared to the amount I usually play. I prefer my PSP, more practical.

Well, Liverpool have a great and interesting midfield; proposing many options now. What they'll need, to my point, is a good substitute for Suarez/Carrol and an offensive winger. Otherwise, the team is pretty well-balanced.

The first big news is that either Milan or Barca will finish second which obviously raises some interest. Arsenal are indeed getting better but all their recent victories are hard-fought ones and they'll need a convincing and large score victory to boost the still-damaged morale.

As I said, the draw at Anfield against ManU will prove more costly to Liverpool than United on a long run, at least my opinion.

That Kung-Fu kick was nice from Ronaldo; for someone who's letting Kaka, Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain and Ozil the recent limelight, he sure knows how to bounce off. It definitely confirmed what we say earlier - Real is becoming a team. I almost want to exclaim "finally..."

The highlight only showed the miss PK but still, Sevilla is a hard team to play against. So a draw isn't that dramatic to a team of that caliber. I expect much more defensive approach of CL teams against Barca this year - perhaps, even more rough play. I depends if it will be in terms of zonal defense marking like Italian teams usually do or by dual defense marking like England teams do.

Gotta to go now, Manchester Derby in less than 30 minutes.
    I'm seriously not interested in reviewing that match but I'll do it just to remove some anger.

Well, the 1st half was extremely balanced. United had large amount of possession in the 1st half but City, defended well. Surprisingly, the midfielders like Milner and Silva did a fantastic defensive job which helped considerably. Balotelli scored on a counter and celebrated with an "Why Always Me?". United looked disorganized for some moments after that 1st goal but they attacked. There, it seemed interesting. It showed, that with time, this territorial football of United might turn the match on a long run as City will lose some forces as time and effort are increased. The shots from United before the 1st half showed promise that with patience, United may clinch something interesting.

Now, moving to the dream-crushing 2nd half. Well, dream-crushing and mostly uselessly crucial factor occurred in the first minutes of the second half when Evans fouled Balotelli and was sent-off. The red card is justified but that fault was stupid by Evans. Even if a goal could have occurred at that point, it will have been something less consequent. Playing with 10 man against City on a 2nd Half while being lead 1-0, seemed suicidal and it proved extremely suicidal indeed.

Giving City the ball possession, due to being in numerical inferiority, really was seeming dangerous and the 2nd and 3rd goal proved it. At this time, if you considered that if United was still at 11, they might instead still being lead by 2-1 or 2-0 only. That red card to Evans was a serious turn-over. I can't believe that when your team is playing a match based on patience and construction, how can you make a foul that is bound to result in a red-card and crush all the tactical force and play of your team? Evans lacked lucidity in that cruelly and United paid it off heavily.

Anyways, United scored one goal afterwards by Fletcher (a beautiful goal but that does not really matter). At this point, it's a 3-1 and frankly, as I analyzed it before the match, a loss against City could be crucial on a long run but by no means, was it a catastrophic result. But I must agree that conceding 3 goals in 3 minutes and losing 6-1 makes that loss very infuriating. Not because of the overall performance but because of the poor defense in the last 3 minutes and obviously, that red card which disrupted every chances United had in this match. You are obviously on nerves when you see how passively City scored those last 3 goals.

City played well, no doubt at it and deserved the win obviously. I salute Silva most notably which was the Man of the Match in my eyes. They still needs to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea though, so their leadership is far from something concrete till December. Thsi victory will prove a landmark though for their season just as the 8-2 of United proved for them.

Any aftermath that could occur on United due to this loss - well, as I named this before the start of the season, they did pretty great in their '10 Stages of Hell' which will be complete against a perilous match against Everton next week. Still, the consequence of this will be present as a trauma on United's defense especially since they took 3 goals in last 3 minutes (first time I saw this from United's defense). It's a match that needs to be quickly forgotten and digested from ManUtd though. There are few positive notes to be taken on this match for United apart from a balanced competitive 1st half and the fact that there weren't much they could have done when being at 10 for 45 minutes.

Yes, I assumed it was 1966 (which it was), which took place in England (the WC that year) and it was 4-2 VS West Germany, I think.

Well, FIFA 12, defending is much more of a challenge in this, i remember is FIFA 10/11 you just hit the ran button and A, they would tackle, but i this much more than just that and they AI dribble really good and toy with you at times.

Well, another good midfielder and at least a CB, they will need.

I guess the game between them will decide as the other two teams will be easy wins, unless they slip up, but Barcelona is winning by more goals atm. Arsenal just won 3-1 a little more progress for them, even tho they are fighting and winning by one or two goals, its what they need right now as long as it's a victory.

Well, its good at least the next war between Barcelona and Madrid will not only be heated up verbally/physically, but lets hope we see things on the pitch (in game).

Sevilla have improved into a better team this year, lets not forget that last year they beat barcelona in the first leg 3-1 for Espana Cup, but the the 2nd leg Messi with a hat trick and they (Barcelona) won that 4-0 (5-3 in total). Sevilla star striker Negredo was out and Kanoute returned from injury, so came on as a sub. Yes, a more defensive approach will come from other teams who face Barcelona, but Barcelona defence itself needs work. Pique and Puyol both being injured a lot now, Abidal also facing problems, Mascherano lacks height.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...h-Sevilla.html

Like I said, they would accuse racism regrading the incident with Cesc. Well, Madrid are on the top of the table at the moment.

Manchester United VS Manchester City

6-1!!? Really? I'm sorry to say, but that's a thrashing, I mean if a defeat came it's understandable, but like you said 3 goals in 3 minutes. I guess De Gea will face more criticisms now. If I'm not mistaken it's SAF biggest/worst defeat in 25 years. Mario Balotelli has improved this year, but it doesn't change the fact I still dislike his personality and whats up with the, Why Always Me?" thing? Did you hear Balotelli burned his house down with a firecracker or something Sat. morning (retard). It's funny how everyone saying it's the end of Man U era, when Man City still have a lot to do and have they forgotten the 2-0 lead they blew for the FA Cup this summer VS Man U?

Silva is simply amazing Man U had the chance to get him two years ago, but they didn't he would have been great for Giggs replacement, possible even better. We also can't ignore the fact that him (Silva) and Villa were right up their with Valencia in the league with Barca and Madrid. It was simply like Silva (seeing he was almost behind everything) VS Man U, as yesterday it was Varas VS Barcelona.

Well good thing Chelsea lost today, so Man U still are in 2nd otherwise they would have fell to third if Chelsea won.

AC Milan had an amazing/inspiring game being down 3-0 in half time and coming back to win 4-3.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Yes, I assumed it was 1966 (which it was), which took place in England (the WC that year) and it was 4-2 VS West Germany, I think.

Well, FIFA 12, defending is much more of a challenge in this, i remember is FIFA 10/11 you just hit the ran button and A, they would tackle, but i this much more than just that and they AI dribble really good and toy with you at times.

Well, another good midfielder and at least a CB, they will need.

I guess the game between them will decide as the other two teams will be easy wins, unless they slip up, but Barcelona is winning by more goals atm. Arsenal just won 3-1 a little more progress for them, even tho they are fighting and winning by one or two goals, its what they need right now as long as it's a victory.

Well, its good at least the next war between Barcelona and Madrid will not only be heated up verbally/physically, but lets hope we see things on the pitch (in game).

Sevilla have improved into a better team this year, lets not forget that last year they beat barcelona in the first leg 3-1 for Espana Cup, but the the 2nd leg Messi with a hat trick and they (Barcelona) won that 4-0 (5-3 in total). Sevilla star striker Negredo was out and Kanoute returned from injury, so came on as a sub. Yes, a more defensive approach will come from other teams who face Barcelona, but Barcelona defence itself needs work. Pique and Puyol both being injured a lot now, Abidal also facing problems, Mascherano lacks height.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...h-Sevilla.html

Like I said, they would accuse racism regrading the incident with Cesc. Well, Madrid are on the top of the table at the moment.

Manchester United VS Manchester City

6-1!!? Really? I'm sorry to say, but that's a thrashing, I mean if a defeat came it's understandable, but like you said 3 goals in 3 minutes. I guess De Gea will face more criticisms now. If I'm not mistaken it's SAF biggest/worst defeat in 25 years. Mario Balotelli has improved this year, but it doesn't change the fact I still dislike his personality and whats up with the, Why Always Me?" thing? Did you hear Balotelli burned his house down with a firecracker or something Sat. morning (retard). It's funny how everyone saying it's the end of Man U era, when Man City still have a lot to do and have they forgotten the 2-0 lead they blew for the FA Cup this summer VS Man U?

Silva is simply amazing Man U had the chance to get him two years ago, but they didn't he would have been great for Giggs replacement, possible even better. We also can't ignore the fact that him (Silva) and Villa were right up their with Valencia in the league with Barca and Madrid. It was simply like Silva (seeing he was almost behind everything) VS Man U, as yesterday it was Varas VS Barcelona.

Well good thing Chelsea lost today, so Man U still are in 2nd otherwise they would have fell to third if Chelsea won.

AC Milan had an amazing/inspiring game being down 3-0 in half time and coming back to win 4-3.

Liverpool don't need a new midfielder to me. Atleast, not a central one - a winger, yes. They already have choices with Meireiles, Adams, Downing, Gerrard and some other players as CM.

Yep, they won once more today (3-1) but still, some more polishing is needed for it to be convincing.

Well, you're harsh. Some of the matches were good on the field. Nevertheless, regardless of Madrid's teamwork, they will still take a more defensive approach against Barca. Can't change this fact except if referee decisions change everything in their favor otherwise, they can't go an all-out in attack.

Well, that Cesc affair, of course seemed to take racial proportions. After Evra-Suarez, here's another though this one was more flagrant. Speaking of Evra-Suarez case, Evra delivered his version of facts to the investigators already and Suarez is supposed to give his on Monday.

--

A trashing. Well, it was one, I can't deny it. I've got more of a sense of fail in delivering a whole match on a tactical level. Recently, all United matches were failures on a tactical plan.

Liverpool v/s United - United schemes something until a dive and FK changes everything. Galati - Territorial domination were supposed to pay off but we needed PK to grab the victory (although, in this one, I won't blame them since both PKs were right). Basel - You're leading 2-0 and your conservative tactic fail and you're lead 3-2. City - I already said everything.

In a way, Ferguson is not wrong in his tactic choice but he is lacking proper delivery of his tactic from hid players and luck is not favoring SAF either.

No comments on the 3 goals in 3 min - that what's infuriated me. There were a Rooney sign at 5-1 and he screamed to everyone - "What are you doing, guys? We already lost it. So bear with it and concentrate. But everyone seemed so disoriented that no one card about his words and the defense rushed again uselessly into attack and conceded another goal as backlash. That made me sick. Evans already ruined everything and the other guys just wanted to go home as if in the last 3 mins.

And I won't blame De Gea. He can't do much about all 3 goals. Evra and Ferdinand were terrible in the last 3 goals but they couldn't have do much in the previous ones neither. It's the red card that blew everything and Young and Nani made some defensive efforts but not always and this proved fatal.

And Balotelli - He was also fined by some policemen in a shopping center for whatever shit in this week too and the fire in his house...lol. Still, he's becoming a star with his controversies in City and he still scored important goals today again.

Well, let the detractors bury us. The fact is that United's loss is far from being a catastrophe as we analyzed it before the match. We knew that this 10 Stages of Hell will be hellish. Right now, we are 20/27 points. I expected us to grab 24 atleast in those 10 matches like I said before but still a victory against Everton will give us 23 which is not that bad. Why are people forgetting that we've just played the Top5 Dogs of EPL already and we're still second. If City loses his important fixtures against Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, then I'll bet they'll say - "Why is City dropping shape then?" Burying a team is easy but clear-cut analysis about hardness is more difficult. Still, that's a humiliation for United and a landmark victory for City. There're still 29 matches though, so ending United's era ...gimme a break. Try form a squad like us first and then come bragging shits.

And Chelsea's match boosted my morale though that match was one of the most non-fair-play and crazy match I've seen since long. Even if United dropped to 3rd place, we'll still have been 5 points away from City - so that doesn't change anything. Whatever the score or the ranking, United will fight for 1st place unless we drop to around 6th place or worse.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Liverpool don't need a new midfielder to me. Atleast, not a central one - a winger, yes. They already have choices with Meireiles, Adams, Downing, Gerrard and some other players as CM.

Yep, they won once more today (3-1) but still, some more polishing is needed for it to be convincing.

Well, you're harsh. Some of the matches were good on the field. Nevertheless, regardless of Madrid's teamwork, they will still take a more defensive approach against Barca. Can't change this fact except if referee decisions change everything in their favor otherwise, they can't go an all-out in attack.

Well, that Cesc affair, of course seemed to take racial proportions. After Evra-Suarez, here's another though this one was more flagrant. Speaking of Evra-Suarez case, Evra delivered his version of facts to the investigators already and Suarez is supposed to give his on Monday.

--

A trashing. Well, it was one, I can't deny it. I've got more of a sense of fail in delivering a whole match on a tactical level. Recently, all United matches were failures on a tactical plan.

Liverpool v/s United - United schemes something until a dive and FK changes everything. Galati - Territorial domination were supposed to pay off but we needed PK to grab the victory (although, in this one, I won't blame them since both PKs were right). Basel - You're leading 2-0 and your conservative tactic fail and you're lead 3-2. City - I already said everything.

In a way, Ferguson is not wrong in his tactic choice but he is lacking proper delivery of his tactic from hid players and luck is not favoring SAF either.

No comments on the 3 goals in 3 min - that what's infuriated me. There were a Rooney sign at 5-1 and he screamed to everyone - "What are you doing, guys? We already lost it. So bear with it and concentrate. But everyone seemed so disoriented that no one card about his words and the defense rushed again uselessly into attack and conceded another goal as backlash. That made me sick. Evans already ruined everything and the other guys just wanted to go home as if in the last 3 mins.

And I won't blame De Gea. He can't do much about all 3 goals. Evra and Ferdinand were terrible in the last 3 goals but they couldn't have do much in the previous ones neither. It's the red card that blew everything and Young and Nani made some defensive efforts but not always and this proved fatal.

And Balotelli - He was also fined by some policemen in a shopping center for whatever shit in this week too and the fire in his house...lol. Still, he's becoming a star with his controversies in City and he still scored important goals today again.

Well, let the detractors bury us. The fact is that United's loss is far from being a catastrophe as we analyzed it before the match. We knew that this 10 Stages of Hell will be hellish. Right now, we are 20/27 points. I expected us to grab 24 atleast in those 10 matches like I said before but still a victory against Everton will give us 23 which is not that bad. Why are people forgetting that we've just played the Top5 Dogs of EPL already and we're still second. If City loses his important fixtures against Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, then I'll bet they'll say - "Why is City dropping shape then?" Burying a team is easy but clear-cut analysis about hardness is more difficult. Still, that's a humiliation for United and a landmark victory for City. There're still 29 matches though, so ending United's era ...gimme a break. Try form a squad like us first and then come bragging shits.

And Chelsea's match boosted my morale though that match was one of the most non-fair-play and crazy match I've seen since long. Even if United dropped to 3rd place, we'll still have been 5 points away from City - so that doesn't change anything. Whatever the score or the ranking, United will fight for 1st place unless we drop to around 6th place or worse.
    Raul M is at Chelsea did your forget?

Yes, but either way with the team they have now it's quite impressive, they (Arsenal) need to show up against some heavyweight teams.

I meant the Barca VS Madrid, where Madrid/Mou played an all out defensive game remember last year? It was pathetic. I already said this year seeing the Barca VS Madrid Espana Cup, you saw a taste of the new Madrid, Barca walking away with just one goal and in the first game Madrid dominated possession. I rather see an all out Madrid playing as a team (seeing back last year when they got thrashed 5-0, there was barely any team work). A defensive game is just simply cowardly and pathetic. It's good to defend, but when it's an all out defensive game (from one side who barely try to attack and put there fastest player up front to get a counter going), it's sad to football.

Well, than I wonder if Suarez side of the story is out than.

Well, many knew this was coming for SAF and Man U judging from there last few performances. Well, a red card did change everything, but at least Man U still played the game by attacking dispute being down a man, if it was a Barca VS Madrid, Mou would have played defensively.

Well, many actually are putting De Gea as one of the responsible ones, even tho he tried, but without a solid defence there isn't much you can do.

You didn't answer my question...whats with the, "Why always me?" saying from Balotelli (if you know). It's funny how Mancini, think Balotelli is, or will be as good as Messi and Ronaldo...! lol

Well, it's not over yet they will meet at least one more time and depending on some cup games. The league is still going on and the title can still be in reach by any of the top 5 teams at this moment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/so...-1226175814633

OH!!

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

1. Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho fines Iker Casillas after keeper is caught in traffic jam and turns up late for training

Talk about being harsh.

2. Silva rejected Barca and Real

Really? lol he will eventually go to one of them...maybe?

3. Neymar to Real Madrid a done deal

How long is this going to go for? Madrid offered 56 million euros. That's insane I don't think he's worth that much yet and he may not even delivery. Santos is doing shit right nw anyways.

4. Madrid midfielder Granero set to snub Arsenal in favour of Malaga move

He's not that bad, I think Arsenal would be a ether place for him at least he'd provide a lot of support in mid field.

5. Man Utd to make £40m bid for Wesley Sneijder in January

I know they want Sneijder, but thats a little too much don't you think?

6. Man Utd and FC Barcelona monitoring Valencia CF defender Jordi Alba

Well, they both need a defender. Barcelna (Puyol/Abidal) and Man U (Rio F.) are all getting old. Alba has been promising with Valencia and the Spain national team, he's only 22.

7. Jose Enrique: 'Manchester United players dive more than Luis Suarez'

Talk about rivalry although I disagree wit SAF by calling Suarez a serial diver.

8. AC Milan admit 'passion' for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli

Really?

9. United set to step up pursuit of Bibao midfield star Martinez with January bid

If they get him no use of Sneijder I saw, he's cheaper, younger, and promising.

10. FC Barcelona considering bid for Theo Walcott

Arsenal again? LOL I doubt this will go through Barca don't really need him.

11. Manchester City's Yaya Toure blames Pep Guardiola for Barcelona exit: I wanted to stay but he had no faith in me

Last year he clearly stated he left because he wanted more competition and even told Barcelona teams in locker room, they joked with him about it, but respected his decision and now this...

12. 'Lionel Messi's mother came after me with a frying pan' -Messi's ex-girlfriend

LMFAOOO

13. Pep Guardiola: Man Utd will bounce back

Hails Man U as still one of the best despite the 6-1 loss.

14. Ferguson: We are catching Barcelona

Possible.

15. Carlos Tevez handed record £792,000 fine as Manchester City take hard-line stance over stand-off in Munich

Holy shit.

16. Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies

17. Barcelona's Lionel Messi tipped to win Ballon d'Or by Cesc Fabregas after contenders list allegedly leaked

This is no surprise as he is the deserved winner.

18. DIEGO MARADONA DEFENDS LIONEL MESSI’S INTERNATIONAL FORM

Last edited by ReLax -; 10-26-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.

So, England beat Spain

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    So, England beat Spain
    Aww, Gatsy, they wouldn't have done it if it was an official match.

Last edited by Pesh; 11-14-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    Aww, Gatsy, they wouldn't have done it if was an official match.
    lol

The game was really well and can't believe Spain missed so many chances, but England's goal came from a bad defensive play and poor Reina came on and 3 mins later on him....GOOOLLLLLLLL! lol

Englands first win VS Spain in 10 years I think (?)

Either way I'm more impressed by Uruguay from last year and this year. They will pose a big threat to the top contenders (Spain, Holland, and Germany).

Uruguay face a big task tomorrow facing Italy (friendly).

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So, today there was a few interesting matches for the UEFA CL group stages.

Napoli VS Man City... 2-1

All I can say here is EDINSON CAVANI! What a game for him scoring both goals to get by City. City is in a big threat this UEFA season, if they don't get a win from Bayern they're pretty much done for, but than again if Napoli win and City wins, Napoli will still get thru.

Real Madrid VS Dinamo... 6-2

Well Iker, Ronaldo, and Pepe were sitting out today, but Madrid is still dominating and are getting deadly every game. I have a feeling we will see them in the finals.

Man United VS Benfica... 2-2

Well Man U aren't doing too bad, but next game they need a a draw or win in order to get to group stages, so expect SAF to go all out next game.

Inter VS Trabzonspor... 1-1

Well Inter are getting back to winning ways :D

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time

yeah Real Madrid dominating all their opponents except Levante

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

since man city lost yesterday, i think liverpool got a great chance to beat them

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Bayer Leverkusen VS Chelsea... 2-1

Well Chelsea are falling pretty bad now, it's a shock to see this Chelsea team struggling IMO t's due to the old players in there roster except this transfer or summer transfer to be big for them.

Barcelona VS AC Milan... 3-2

I wasn't too pleased by Barcelona game even tho they played better and had most the chances, but they lacked in so many areas, I understand Pique, Alves, and Ineista are out, also Sanchez/Pedro returned from injury, but they need to become stronger, especially defensively.

Valencia VS Genk... 7-0

Valencia? This team is capable of fighting with Barcelona and Madrid in La Liga.

Arsenal VS Borussia Dortmund... 2-1

Already a topic on this, but Arsenal are back with a vengeance lol If nothing does from them this season we could see RVP and song departing the club

Quote Originally Posted by welshfan2k11 View Post
    since man city lost yesterday, i think liverpool got a great chance to beat them
    Well Man City will try to keep the good ran they have in EPL right now and won't be too happy with the recent result in CL, so except them to hit back hard this weekend. I do hope Liverpool get the win, as they need it.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

So, today there was a few interesting matches for the UEFA CL group stages.

All I can say here is EDINSON CAVANI! What a game for him scoring both goals to get by City. City is in a big threat this UEFA season, if they don't get a win from Bayern they're pretty much done for, but than again if Napoli win and City wins, Napoli will still get thru.

Well Iker, Ronaldo, and Pepe were sitting out today, but Madrid is still dominating and are getting deadly every game. I have a feeling we will see them in the finals.

Well Man U aren't doing too bad, but next game they need a a draw or win in order to get to group stages, so expect SAF to go all out next game.

Well Inter are getting back to winning ways :D
    First, obviously, please excuse me for my inactivity...

What's funny is that Cavani was unlucky and unsuccessful in the last month and what a comeback. City still got a chance, I believe (in beating Bayern) but I definitely not sure they'll make it (since Napoli won't lose this Golden chance). nevertheless, even if this maiden debut by City was far from being long, I don't think they won't make it to the Top4 in EPL this year So, better luck next time to them.

Real are the best right now in my view; both in CL and Liga. I don't know what spell Mourinho cast but he's always successful in his lining choices. Whether it's Benzema/Ronaldo, Ronaldo/Higuain or Higuain/Benzema, they always succeed. Even his alternation with the likes of Ozil/Kaka and Contrao/Alonso/Diarra is successful. Luck or not, they are brilliant right now.

The Classico will perhaps prove if it is luck or if it is due to the symbiosis attained between all players (finally...)

Okay, this one irritated me. Both Benfica goals were due to poor defence and most importantly, entered at crucial points of the match. One at the first minutes and second after the leading goal. It kills momentum considerably each time.

United played a better match compared to their last 3 matches but still, this result complicate our chances. We deserve a win and should have got, had Berbatov netted his 2 opportunities. Good news is that we got back Smalling and Young which pretty much gives us the squad we had at the start - except Cleverley.

Didn't see it but a draw isn't called as 'winning' ways'

Well Chelsea are falling pretty bad now, it's a shock to see this Chelsea team struggling IMO t's due to the old players in there roster except this transfer or summer transfer to be big for them.

I wasn't too pleased by Barcelona game even tho they played better and had most the chances, but they lacked in so many areas, I understand Pique, Alves, and Ineista are out, also Sanchez/Pedro returned from injury, but they need to become stronger, especially defensively.

Valencia VS Genk... 7-0

Valencia? This team is capable of fighting with Barcelona and Madrid in La Liga.

Already a topic on this, but Arsenal are back with a vengeance lol If nothing does from them this season we could see RVP and song departing the club

Well Man City will try to keep the good ran they have in EPL right now and won't be too happy with the recent result in CL, so except them to hit back hard this weekend. I do hope Liverpool get the win, as they need it.

Chelsea are in total fog both in EPL and CL right now. For me , the 3 reasons are:

1. Villas-Boas is confused. His choices are being unsuccessful whatever he makes and even if he wants to kick out some players and buy some, he risks more to receive a pink slip than checks for transfers by Abramovitch. I loved his answer to the media though. When someone asked him if he is worried about his place, he said that he was brought her for 15 Millions and that Abramovitch won't lose another 15 Millions only to sack me. xD

2. The old gen' leaders (Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba) are no more what they are and no more bring the charisma, leadership, efficiency and solidity. This is problematic. Sure, there are many old players also in the squad but it's mostly the leaders of that genration that can't seem to show the path anymore.

3. For a team in doubt and that perhaps will need a complete turnover, they are still under consistent pressure unlike the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool who have the beneficiary of doubts. Need results and FAST; that's how Chelsea keeps working and that's isn't really working.

Agree with you. Barcelona's only problem is the defense and as to how much that could be problematic to them against big teams next time, well, the Classico will be the idea test to me.

Valencia VS Genk... 7-0

It's Genk, no need to boast that much off but this victory is certainly not what Chelsea needed.

Everyone were patient with them and that's working. Before Nasri went away, at the start, I said that 'If Van Persie is in shape and don't get injured, they'll fight for top slots'

Well, Nasri may be gone but Van Persie's real worth is helping Arsenal considerably indeed. Arsenal's form and results depend on Van Persie, let's wait and see...