Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Why was 612 bad?

Really, why complain so much about this chapter?
    I dont like every single chapter Kishi releases either, but I feel there was enough good stuff in this one.

We never seen the Shinobi Alliance really do anything before. The whole point of the Alliance was to create a force to be able to match Obito(who was still assumed to be Madara), the Zetsu Army and the Gedo.
    Now we can finaly see what that they arent just a bunch of fodders that we never see in action (we have more or less only have been shown scenes of Shinobi's with a name, like Kakashi, konoha 11 etc.).
    It was a pretty good strategy imo, by making good use of the talents in each village. It reminded me a little bit about those Anbu that trapped Nagato's dog, only this version was a lot more advanced with kekkei genkai, blinding jutsus and jamming jutsus (and their attack is still not over).
    Even though they are up against such an immense power as Juubi + Obito + Madara(Edo even), they manage to pull off some good moves.This Shinobi Alliance is actually really useful.

''Oh noes, everyone can use C's lightning blinding jutsu'', big deal. Its not a kekkei genkai or anything.
    ''Oh noes, 4 people used Darui's Storm release'', big deal. Its 4 people, among thousands of cloud shinobi.
    That is still really rare. I prefer more than 1 person to be able to use it actually. Just as lava release has several users, and magnet release has several users. A kekkei genkai being exclusive to one shinobi only seems weird, cause its passed down by blood. You should inherit it from someone right? So multiple people with said kekkei genkai is fine to exist.

Page 16 I liked the most:

''Only physical attacks work on Madara, anyone who is skilled at taijutsu should attack him''.
    Fuk yeah!! Byakugan users vs Madara? Lee vs Madara? Sakura joining as well (although she is a medic, so not sure)?
    Naruto with frog Kata? Akimichi clan joining? (Chouza and Chouji have experience in fighting the Rinnegan).
    I am really looking forward to taijutsu users vs Madara.

Previous week we were treated with a nice combo of Byakugan and Shintenshin.
    This week we were shown some new nice combo attacks and there is more to come.

Everyone can be entitled to their own opinion of course and if you didnt like the chapter, thats fine but I feel like it wasnt really that bad at all, and on second consideration and after reading this thread, you might feel the same.
    I do feel it was a bit short (but that is often the case if you want to continue reading ).

So, still a bad chapter?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Justice will always prevail.

Re: Why was 612 bad?

I thought it was beast

Mugiwara crew
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's why i think they should release 2 chapters every 2 weeks. Then people will have more to read and won't be so mad

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    All suffering and no salvation

It was 18 pages of them making concrete.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It felt like a filler.....talking in the beginning and useless jutsu combos that ultimately have no effect. the jutsu combos were the coolest thing about this chapter but that was not that good to me. i gave this chapter a 2 out of 5 because nothing significant happened in this chapter at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post

this said it all.....

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pierce the Heavens!!

Good thread, I agree!
    It was short, but I enjoyed seeing the mass-combined jutsu. It shows that the alliance is actually capable of something; not just there for show (and to get killed). It's all building up, and I don't mind that if it means we'll get epic chapters in the next few weeks.

I've seen worse chapters. Those Kabuto flashbacks were terrible and boring, imo.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your days are numbered

This. This is the first chapter in a while that i've actually complained about. Second thread questioning people who complained about this chaper. Guess we cant have a bad opinion on a chapter here and there.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    アニメ人生です

it wasn't bad, personally i fount it rather entertaining, it shows us the power of the allied forces... People didn't like it because they want too much violence and fighting ... overall 4/5

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeh let Kishi make every single chapter about the main attractions with constant action and no build up because that is what makes a good story. No thats not. What makes a good story is building momentum. Ups and downs peaks and valleys. Contrast. You cant have freaking Madara spamming Susano every chapter guys.

You cant have f*cking bijuu damas every chapter it just wouldnt make it a good story overall that sheds some light on other aspects of the war. There are f*cking 40,000 other people besides the main characters. You guys its about the story not the individual chapters. Simple minds...................

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

awsome!what a better way to show what the jubis really made out of than to throw the entire shinobi alliance!kishs statement is obviously true it is gunna be a bloodshed.tan tan TAN!

Status
    Feb 2012
    In my castle, sending my minions to wipe out Narutoverse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

It wasn't that bad, but it was boring. Nothing important happened, no plot progress, just the shinobi alliance combining their attacks and Madara & Obito doing nothing. Imo it could've been much better if there was some plot progress, but meh...

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought it was a great chapter! Have no idea why people are whinging about it but w/e that's some people for you.

All I been seeing the last couple chapters is 'Oh they are spamming the biju-bombs'.

When they show something different, people are like 'Oh nah not happy!'

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

This was a chapter of sacrifice.
    Kishi has to build the pilons to hold the house...
    If you get what i mean

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Madara and obito standing there ripping down all there efforts was the only good thing, all the fodder doing unique jutsus was annoying

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Memoria View Post
    It wasn't that bad, but it was boring. Nothing important happened, no plot progress, just the shinobi alliance combining their attacks and Madara & Obito doing nothing. Imo it could've been much better if there was some plot progress, but meh...
    Didnt you like how Shikaku and Inoichi are aware as well now, that Tobi=Obito?
    Or how physical attacks work well against Madara and than we see Lee and Gai jump in?
    That the ninja alliance isnt some useless bunch of fodders, but that they can pull of a mass combo attack? Even Madara was impressed, that is pretty cool I Think. Obito and Madara did Nothing, cause they were blinded and couldnt sense them with the bug jamming and all.

Ah well, if people dont like such things, than I understand why some call this chapter bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOfficialSabuto View Post
    Good thread, I agree!
    It was short, but I enjoyed seeing the mass-combined jutsu. It shows that the alliance is actually capable of something; not just there for show (and to get killed). It's all building up, and I don't mind that if it means we'll get epic chapters in the next few weeks.

I've seen worse chapters.
    Epic mass combo's indeed. On the forum I often read complaints how so called fodders dont get any attention and now they get some and people still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzyllama View Post
    I thought it was a great chapter! Have no idea why people are whinging about it but w/e that's some people for you.

All I been seeing the last couple chapters is 'Oh they are spamming the biju-bombs'.

When they show something different, people are like 'Oh nah not happy!'
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    This was a chapter of sacrifice.
    Kishi has to build the pilons to hold the house...
    If you get what i mean
    Didnt feel to me like that much of a chapter of sacrafice. I know what you mean though but I felt there was enough interesting stuff in it. Lee and Gai are even jumping towards Madara. Now Lee can finaly enjoy the advantages of having only taijutsu, cause its the best type of combat to use vs Madara .

Last edited by Meowazziel; 12-05-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

how the hell did they know the 5 minutes limite of obito jutsu , i thought only konan knew that

Status
    May 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I felt like I was reading a cake recipe. Mix that with that.

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well to be honest guys, what else are the shinobi alliance supposed to do? they had to atleast have a little moment to shine.
    is everyone saying that they wanted all of the alliance to die in this chapter, right after they arrived? that would've made all of that waiting for them pointless.
    and of course they're gonna combine jutsu to attack it. try and name something else they could've done? throw kunai?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Shoton View Post
    I felt like I was reading a cake recipe. Mix that with that.
    Hahaha, now that you mention it .

Supreme Sifu of the Fists Strata Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Learning Hado and Kido Spells under Blinkie Uchiha in Karakura Town.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the "Navy
    tub" for 9 long months. I
    shall return.

I guess I thought the Sarutobi Clan were going to be more epic...? They just did a simple Fire Jutsu.

It was an alright chapter. Still, every chapter where Madara gets screentime makes it all better. He's such a bo$$.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

Waste of a chapter tbh. The Jubi is obviously going to break out lol.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.

The Shinobi Alliance Concrete Mixer Truck division is taking even longer to arrive at the battlefield...

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
    This. This is the first chapter in a while that i've actually complained about. Second thread questioning people who complained about this chaper. Guess we cant have a bad opinion on a chapter here and there.
    I'm all about constructive critisim good or bad. That's what makes NB fun but the morons that say "This chapter is so lame" without explaining are annoying as hell. Some people don't like this chapter because it didn't have an meaty action, they didn't understand this chapter or it was to short. The purpose is to have topics about Naruto not judge Kish cause he didn't write to your expectations.

Me personally enjoyed this chapter. It shows that the alliance is a powerful force to me reckoned with that they could actually trap the most powerful being in existence, at the moment. Also the size of the jubi makes the Hachibi and Kyubi look very tiny so the scale of their attack is truly huge. Also the significance of this chapter is that the Jubi's power is already unmeasurable and it can get stronger.