People are like katanas PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto's ending

This is my first post on here even though I've been lurking on here as a guest for awhile, and I just wanted to share my thoughts and hear what you guys think about Naruto's ending.

So throughout the Manga there have been people who have resembled Naruto including: Gaara, Konohamaru, Dan, Nawaki, Jiraiya, B, Obito. The thing I can't get over is how all of them seem to have suffered way more tragedy than Naruto, maybe with the exception of Jiraiya whose only real tragedy was dying with his dream to bring world peace unfulfilled and failing to stop Oro. Throughout the Manga we have also seen Naruto as an inspirational force that works against the tragic forces in peoples' lives which causes them to believe in humanity again.

My question for the Manga is where to go forward; would you rather see Naruto

a) fail like many of the people who mirror him and have Naruto end up being an extended commentary on the tragic nature of the human condition?
    or
    b) have Naruto break the cycle of hatred and prove that the human spirit can overcome all of life's obstacles if we choose to believe in something bigger than ourselves, or to put in another way, believe in humanity's goodness through forging bonds with others?

Choice A is clearly more realist and all of the best novels I've ever read have centered on this kind of tragic fight against a brute fact of reality. Whereas choice B is clearly more indicative of the way that Naruto has gone so far, and has really been the side of the manga I've enjoyed more. I think the anime really does a good job of capturing the raw power of emotion and Naruto's true power to get people to believe in him which Kakashi told to Chiyo especially in certain scenes such as Zabuza/Haku's death and Jiraiya's death.

So which way would you like Kishi to frame the relevance of Naruto? Either a darker version about the essence of the human condition or the power of people to control their own destiny and inspire others if they believe in themselves? I ask because it's really close for me, but I'm almost rooting for Naruto's death with an unrealized dream because it would add a much deeper level to the manga, and make it more realistic without really detracting from the overall message. Thoughts? :D

Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; 11-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DArk Evenger

Re: Naruto's ending

Nice

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revenge.....

Um

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as I'm still
    breathing, it's not over

nice

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i would like it to be 'B' but i agree with you that 'A' would be still be a good ending.

A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like it until you said Naruto is better if he dies. Yeah it may show reality but Naruto series is more than that. From the beginning Kishi has focused, on changing fate if one tries his best. I would go with option second because I believe in Naruto.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i like a

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    I like it until you said Naruto is better if he dies. Yeah it may show reality but Naruto series is more than that. From the beginning Kishi has focused, on changing fate if one tries his best. I would go with option second because I believe in Naruto.
    It's really two conflicting messages that I like equally, which is kind of weird I guess. I think that the message that tragedy is a fact of the human condition and expounding on that alone is a literary/poetic exercise which is worthy of the manga, but at the same time I really love Naruto's power to overcome circumstance. The only reason I said it might be better if he dies is that it would mean that Naruto's true power to believe in himself got him far and changed his life, the people he met's lives, and even the world for the better , and is the best way to live your life, but it won't magically fix the world by itself. I think the slightly more tragic ending has more meaningful significance in that it doesn't seem like magic.

Edit: Also now that I read over this post again I want to add something. The best way A could work out would be if Naruto's death had the same sort of impact that everyone else's deaths who he mirrors has on someone. For example, Jiarya's death influenced Naruto, Dan/Nawaki influenced Tsunade, Gaara's mom influenced Gaara, Rin's death influenced Obito. If Naruto's death was part of a great tapestry of circumstances and how individuals responding to their different circumstances influenced change through their bonds with others, that would be way better than Naruto just saving the whole world by himself.

Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; 11-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    H2O

Nice:D
    Ummm....I'd say "b"

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan.Akame Ga
    Kill.Coppelion.Terra
    Formars.Tokyo
    Ghoul:Re/Favorite on-going
    mangas.

if naruto dies in the end , thats a BS ending , i dont mind oro or someone else winning , but you dont hve to kill naruto making hokage or riot you fking manga writer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by labiancareality View Post
    if naruto dies in the end , thats a BS ending , i dont mind oro or someone else winning , but you dont hve to kill naruto making hokage or riot you fking manga writer
    I'm not going to lie I probably would hate it the way Kishi writes if Naruto died, but I think if done the right way it could make the ending even better.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed with the others, ive watched about 300+ episodes of Naruto saying that he would bring peace to the world. Sure choice B would have been a good ending earlier, but now that Minato, Kushina, Nagato, Jiraiya, Konan and many others are relying on him it would be a bit anti-climatic if it ended that way.