Lightning with Erzo

*waiting for Erzo-sempai*

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

Re: Lightning with Erzo

*Pops up*

Tell me all you know about Lightning, it's weakness, Strength, what it can be used alongside, and anything else you find interesting about it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Dragyzophobia #Akashaphilia

woah so sudden, Erzo sempai!

Lightning is one of the basic 5 elements in the Narutoverse, it has a great destructive power and is powerful against earth, but lightning has a weakness against wind because the pressure created by wind basicaly weakens the lightning.

Lightning can be effective if combined with water, since water is a conductor of electicity. So it's highly effective to use against opponent who defend themselves with water like for example the hydrofication technique, that makes them highly vulnerable to lightning.

Something I find interesting about it is that lightning is one of the required elements for some KGs like swift and storm release

... well, that's pretty much what I know about lightning :D

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tsuki View Post
    woah so sudden, Erzo sempai!

Lightning is one of the basic 5 elements in the Narutoverse, it has a great destructive power and is powerful against earth, but lightning has a weakness against wind because the pressure created by wind basicaly weakens the lightning.

Lightning can be effective if combined with water, since water is a conductor of electicity. So it's highly effective to use against opponent who defend themselves with water like for example the hydrofication technique, that makes them highly vulnerable to lightning.

Something I find interesting about it is that lightning is one of the required elements for some KGs like swift and storm release

... well, that's pretty much what I know about lightning :D
    Alrighty, that's a good start.

Do you know how the weaknesses and strengths work?
    As in what rank of lightning would go through what rank of Earth? Etc etc.

If yes, please explain it to me, if not then just say so, and I'll explain it to you.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

About that, I'm not really sure, but I think it's like this:

-Tthe element that is stronger can "defeat" the weaker element as long as it's more than one rank lower (so a C-Rank lightning technique would be even with a B-Rank earth technique)

-The element that is weaker can "defeat" the stronger element as long as it's more than one rank greater (so a B-Rank lightning technique would be even with a C-Rank wind technique).

I'm not sure but that's how I think it works :shrug:

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

About that, I'm not really sure, but I think it's like this:

-Tthe element that is stronger can "defeat" the weaker element as long as it's more than one rank lower (so a C-Rank lightning technique would be even with a B-Rank earth technique)

-The element that is weaker can "defeat" the stronger element as long as it's more than one rank greater (so a B-Rank lightning technique would be even with a C-Rank wind technique).

I'm not sure but that's how I think it works :shrug:
    Ok, that's correct, but to go into more detail.

A-rank Lightning = S-rank Earth.
    A-rank Lightning > A-rank Earth and it'd continue towards the opponent at a weakened rank of B.

So for an Earth jutsu to cancel out a Lightning jutsu, it must be one rank higher.

As for weakness:

A-rank Wind = S-rank Lightning.
    A-rank Wind > A-rank Lightning.

Lightning is not strong nor weak against Water and Fire, and so, using lightning wouldn't be a valid way of defending against a Fire or water jutsu, since it'd go straight through it. (and the water would get electrocuted, doing you more damage)

Of course, this doesn't mean Lightning can't be used in a combination with both Fire and Water.
    Now, since you've mentioned how it can be used alongside water, can you tell me why it'd be useful to use Lightning along side Fire?
    Also, any questions on how weaknesses and strengths work?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Using lightning alongside fire?
    The only thing I can think of right now is that it has greater destructive powers :shrug:

Or we can also look at the battle between Sasuke and Itachi where Sasuke sent a strong fire technique to the clouds in order to utilise natural lightning.

I've heard that natural lightning is stronger than some other type of lightning and it seems like fire can "bring" that natural lightning... that's the only way I can think of that combination to be useful =/
    About the weaknesses and strenghts: thanks, I got it :scorps:

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

Using lightning alongside fire?
    The only thing I can think of right now is that it has greater destructive powers :shrug:

Or we can also look at the battle between Sasuke and Itachi where Sasuke sent a strong fire technique to the clouds in order to utilise natural lightning.

I've heard that natural lightning is stronger than some other type of lightning and it seems like fire can "bring" that natural lightning... that's the only way I can think of that combination to be useful =/
    About the weaknesses and strenghts: thanks, I got it :scorps:
    Yes at the clouds thing, but that comes later. One way Fire could be used alongside Lightning is, to use the fire to mask the lightning jutsu.

So you can use a fireball and whilst your opponent can no longer see you, you can use something like a chidori spear to go through the fire and hit him/her, and since most people defend from fire via water, they'd be electrocuted once the lightning goes through the water and hits them. Though this only works in some situations so be careful. Also, remember when your opponent can no longer see you, it means you can't see them either, so they could go underground or something.

Alright now we'll start.

*Makes a small Lightning bolt*

Now, meditate around the lightning and feel it's energy and brute strength, concentrate on it and try to call out your own lightning chakra and create your own small bolt.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erzo View Post
    Yes at the clouds thing, but that comes later. One way Fire could be used alongside Lightning is, to use the fire to mask the lightning jutsu.

So you can use a fireball and whilst your opponent can no longer see you, you can use something like a chidori spear to go through the fire and hit him/her, and since most people defend from fire via water, they'd be electrocuted once the lightning goes through the water and hits them. Though this only works in some situations so be careful. Also, remember when your opponent can no longer see you, it means you can't see them either, so they could go underground or something.

Alright now we'll start.

*Makes a small Lightning bolt*

Now, meditate around the lightning and feel it's energy and brute strength, concentrate on it and try to call out your own lightning chakra and create your own small bolt.
    @ Green:
    I will use this....
    Every single time!!!

@ Blue:
    Oh?

_________

*I sit nearby the lightning bolt, starts relaxing and emptying my mind, while concentrating, I start to visualise lightning.

I start picturing its energy and brute strengh. Picturing llightning all over my body I let it wash over me, as I feel my body entirely filled with lightning chakra.

After that, I focus my lightning chakra into my right hand.

After a bit, a small flicker of lightning appears which after 3-4 seconds forms to a small lightning bolt. *

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

@ Green:
    I will use this....
    Every single time!!!

@ Blue:
    Oh?

_________

*I sit nearby the lightning bolt, starts relaxing and emptying my mind, while concentrating, I start to visualise lightning.

I start picturing its energy and brute strengh. Picturing llightning all over my body I let it wash over me, as I feel my body entirely filled with lightning chakra.

After that, I focus my lightning chakra into my right hand.

After a bit, a small flicker of lightning appears which after 3-4 seconds forms to a small lightning bolt. *
    Lmao

If you still have a way to sense them (Chakra rain, sensory jutsu whatever) then it should be fine. lol

Okay, now, I want you to manipulate your lightning chakra further and channel it into your palms, once you've done that, slam your hand down onto the ground and release the chakra, once you've released it into the ground, manipulate it so that it travels into the area beneath my feet and shocks my clone mildly

Straight after doing that, don't hesitate and and use that same chakra to cover your body. With this you'll have your body covered with an electric field, and with that electric field covering your body, run at my clone and punch/kick him however you like. (Describe this as if it was a freeform fight) Do it well. u-u

-Makes a clone-

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Chakra rain? Long way to go =p

*I concentrate, turning my chakra into lightning chakra and start to gather the lightning into my palms.

After that, I quickly slam my palm into the ground, adding more chakra so the lightning travels to your clone, reaching to its feet and mildly electrifies the clone.

When that's done, I stand up and using the lightning chakra that was concentrated to my palm, I now try to gather it into every place in my body.

Now, I'm surrounded by lightning and I quickly spring towards your clone and Low, middle and high Reverse roundhouse kick him.

The 1st kick hits his feet making him start to fall out of lack of balance, the 2nd one is immediately performed in order to kick his face, and finally I perform the 3rd and last kick targeting his stomach/abdomens.

Each one of these kicks were keeping him zapped from the lightning over my body.*

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

Chakra rain? Long way to go =p

*I concentrate, turning my chakra into lightning chakra and start to gather the lightning into my palms.

After that, I quickly slam my palm into the ground, adding more chakra so the lightning travels to your clone, reaching to its feet and mildly electrifies the clone.

When that's done, I stand up and using the lightning chakra that was concentrated to my palm, I now try to gather it into every place in my body.

Now, I'm surrounded by lightning and I quickly spring towards your clone and Low, middle and high Reverse roundhouse kick him.

The 1st kick hits his feet making him start to fall out of lack of balance, the 2nd one is immediately performed in order to kick his face, and finally I perform the 3rd and last kick targeting his stomach/abdomens.

Each one of these kicks were keeping him zapped from the lightning over my body.*
    Love that picture. and the chakra rain thing is a C-ranked water jutsu.
    _

And gooooooood, now, concentrate your lightning chakra once again, but gather it all at one point (fist, foot, your choice), making a compressed ball of lightning. Once you've done that, I want you to once again run at my clone and deal a blow to his body whilst releasing that compressed lightning orb making it so that it explodes outwards and damages my clone.

After doing that, I want you to quickly send another quick bolt of lightning at my clone who would be blown back due to the explosion caused by the first jutsu.

-Makes a clone-

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

>.> I feel bad for your clone :zonder:

*Beggining by turning my chakra into lightning, I focus my lightning chakra to my right hand.

When I'm ready, I start to rush towards your clone and when I'm close enough, I give him a "Tsuki punch" on his face.*

*After releasing the lightning chakra from my fist while giving the punch, I then focus it into my left foot and kicks him in the side of his stomach which I also release the lightning chakra from my foot at him.

Both attacks made an explsion while hitting the clone and the clone blown away by the impact of the attack, making him fly for a short distance.*

*Keeping the lightning chakra, I channel some lighning chakra to my palm and I quickly slam my palm into the ground.

Adding more chakra so the lightning travels to your clone, I manage to reach him and get him electrified again.*

_________
    Sorry I wasn't very sure about the 2nd part >.<
    Gratz for becoming sage o_o

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

>.> I feel bad for your clone :zonder:

*Beggining by turning my chakra into lightning, I focus my lightning chakra to my right hand.

When I'm ready, I start to rush towards your clone and when I'm close enough, I give him a "Tsuki punch" on his face.*

*After releasing the lightning chakra from my fist while giving the punch, I then focus it into my left foot and kicks him in the side of his stomach which I also release the lightning chakra from my foot at him.

Both attacks made an explsion while hitting the clone and the clone blown away by the impact of the attack, making him fly for a short distance.*

*Keeping the lightning chakra, I channel some lighning chakra to my palm and I quickly slam my palm into the ground.

Adding more chakra so the lightning travels to your clone, I manage to reach him and get him electrified again.*

_________
    Sorry I wasn't very sure about the 2nd part >.<
    Gratz for becoming sage o_o
    Nope, for the second part, simply send the bolt of lightning from your hand, you don't need to channel it through the ground.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erzo View Post
    Nope, for the second part, simply send the bolt of lightning from your hand, you don't need to channel it through the ground.
    Oh, I'm sorry :crazy:... I'll repeat the 2nd part

*After performing the 1st attack, I make sure to keep my lightning chakra, channelling some of it to my left hand, trying to concentrate on having a great amount of it.

I can already notice some of the sparkling lightning around my hand, I keep on concentration and prepare for a strong release targeting the clone.

When feeling ready, I release a strong pulse of lightning chakra from my palms, it almost goes as a straight link, looking just like a miniature version of thunder. When reaching the clone, it electrifies him, making him 'pof'*

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

Oh, I'm sorry :crazy:... I'll repeat the 2nd part

*After performing the 1st attack, I make sure to keep my lightning chakra, channelling some of it to my left hand, trying to concentrate on having a great amount of it.

I can already notice some of the sparkling lightning around my hand, I keep on concentration and prepare for a strong release targeting the clone.

When feeling ready, I release a strong pulse of lightning chakra from my palms, it almost goes as a straight link, looking just like a miniature version of thunder. When reaching the clone, it electrifies him, making him 'pof'*
    (Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target.[/B]

(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
    Range: Short
    Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.

(Raiton: Raijingu Sanda) - Lightning Style: Raging Thunder
    Type: Attack
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: The user hits the opponent with an electric field shield that covers the users body.

(Raiton: Sandaa Saaburu) - Lightning Style: Thunder Saber
    Type: Attack
    Range:Short
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: Hits opponent with an electric field shield that explodes and can blow back the enemy.

(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
    Description: The user fires a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.

Now for the next jutsu, just do what I asked you earlier (the shooting out bolts of lightning from your hand) but I want you to gather a larger amount of chakra and release it as bolts of lightning, so that the jutsu does more damage. You can use this jutsu to simply to shock an opponent or to send a powerful stream of lightning which is capable of ripping through solid rock.

We'll do this as if we're in a battle, so I want you first send a powerful surge of lightning which rips through my first attack, then once you've done that, I want you to create an orb of Lightning on your hand (like earlier) but instead of smashing it into me, I want you to throw it, so that it can reach a further distance.

Let's give this a go.

-Makes a clone-

*My clone quickly slam his hand down on to the ground and makes the surrounding rocks rise up and be sent flying towards you as a B-ranked Earth jutsu.. My clone then begins to run in an arc.* (Throw the orb of lightning once you see him running)

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

btw, I just check the techniques you had in the spoiler and a question popped out in my mind:
    What is considered as short, mid and long? I was thinking in distance (like for example short isf 5 meters or something like that).

*After the explanation, I see Erzo sempai forming the handseal to make a clone so I start to get myself prepared by concentrating my raiton chakra to my palms. I remember then that I would be needing more chakra so I focus even more of it to my palms.

Erzo's clone has been made and he suddenly slams his hands to the ground in order to perform a technique*

"Hey hey, not so fast!"

*Seeing the surrounding rocks being sent flying towards me, I quickly raise my hands towards them.
    Having that great amount of raiton chakra in them, I give it some more pressure and then starts releasing it outwardly in form of strong pulses of lightning chakra.

While releasing that attack, I take a few steps back since it's a B-Rank earth technique and it would require me to shoot more than one bolt of lighting to make an earth technique of that rank to break, so I keep on releasing strong pulses of lightning chakra at each rock multiple times.

The rock's destruction forms dust in the air, limiting my vision but the earth technique has been destroyed so I start concentrating chakra to my right hand in order to perform the next jutsu...

Some of the destroyed rocks are still falling to the ground and I look right and left trying to find the clone.
    While doing so, I concentrate more lightning in my hand and tries to focus it all, compressing it somehow.

I suddenly see the clone running out of the cloud of dust and I get myself into a position of throwing, aiming at your clone, I then decide to throw it towards him. Upon impact the clone gets a shock, falls down to the ground and tehn poof's away.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

btw, I just check the techniques you had in the spoiler and a question popped out in my mind:
    What is considered as short, mid and long? I was thinking in distance (like for example short isf 5 meters or something like that).

*After the explanation, I see Erzo sempai forming the handseal to make a clone so I start to get myself prepared by concentrating my raiton chakra to my palms. I remember then that I would be needing more chakra so I focus even more of it to my palms.

Erzo's clone has been made and he suddenly slams his hands to the ground in order to perform a technique*

"Hey hey, not so fast!"

*Seeing the surrounding rocks being sent flying towards me, I quickly raise my hands towards them.
    Having that great amount of raiton chakra in them, I give it some more pressure and then starts releasing it outwardly in form of strong pulses of lightning chakra.

While releasing that attack, I take a few steps back since it's a B-Rank earth technique and it would require me to shoot more than one bolt of lighting to make an earth technique of that rank to break, so I keep on releasing strong pulses of lightning chakra at each rock multiple times.

The rock's destruction forms dust in the air, limiting my vision but the earth technique has been destroyed so I start concentrating chakra to my right hand in order to perform the next jutsu...

Some of the destroyed rocks are still falling to the ground and I look right and left trying to find the clone.
    While doing so, I concentrate more lightning in my hand and tries to focus it all, compressing it somehow.

I suddenly see the clone running out of the cloud of dust and I get myself into a position of throwing, aiming at your clone, I then decide to throw it towards him. Upon impact the clone gets a shock, falls down to the ground and tehn poof's away.
    And Long is 10+, I believe.

That was perfect.

(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
    Type: Offense
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30 (+5 if used in conjunction with a water jutsu)
    Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.

(Raiton: Raikyu) - Lightning Release: Lightning Ball
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: By gathering chakra in their hands, the user can create a ball of electrical energy and launch it at the enemy.

Now, this is (once again) similar to another jutsu we've already done, so I want you to surround your body with an electric field which acts as a defensive measure, protecting you from B-ranked and below Earth jutsus (depends on which jutsus, since some are not full on attacks), so I'll use spikes against you and see if you can protect yourself by covering every inch of your body in an armour of electricity.

-Uses Spikes on the area below you-

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

*After listening to my sempai's instruction, I start concentrating by turning my chakra into raiton charka, after that, I start spreading it all over my body.

Then what I do is to emit that chakra outwardly, forming a thin but sharp lightning shield around my entire body.
    I had to be careful because I needed to constantly keep in mind that I have to control that shield, if not, it could damage me.

Sempai sends some spikes on the area below me and as a reflex I jump back but still wasn't able to avoid them.
    Luckily the lighning shield turned the spikes that touched it into ashes which allowed me to be safe.

I land back again to the ground while keeping my lightning shield.*

Last edited by Tsūki; 11-14-2012 at 10:09 AM.