Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Closed thread? Why?

I want to know if theres anything I can do about having a closed thread.

I'm talking about the Sai > Narutoverse thread.
    It was an incredibly valid point that got spammed by the very people the thread was parodying. It's now closed because idiots could not tell what the thread was about despite MANY replies to people that i'm not a 'Retard' or a 'troll' or a 'fanboy' and it's become ridiculous.

Is this forum trying to imply that we should all just worship nothing but the overpowered characters? That all it takes in this community is a susanoo or some senju DNA or something? If so, i'm really not one of you. Sorry.

Can it be undone by a moderator or anybody? It'd be nice as I worked hard on writing that thread and dealing with the idiots on it who couldn't read. Thanks.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Closed thread? Why?

If the moderators closed it, i doubt they'll open it back up again.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Maybe you made it in the wrong section!?

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by -Severus Snape- View Post
    Maybe you made it in the wrong section!?
    No, it was in Naruto Discussion section and went on for about 14 pages due to idiots unable to read. :')

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laziness at its finest.

No it's just that if it seems that ppl have discussed enough in that thread and/or the thread is turning into a flame war or just trolling then they would probably close the thread.

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Sounds like a troll thread to me.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by -Tsuki View Post
    No it's just that if it seems that ppl have discussed enough in that thread and/or the thread is turning into a flame war or just trolling then they would probably close the thread.
    That seems fair enough I guess, still a shame that the whole thread was ruined by just a minority of people who don't know what the thread was about though... Go figure, what should I expect from Narutobase :\

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    Sounds like a troll thread to me.
    Yeah I noticed, with the negative rep and all. Please read one of the various mentions on the thread that state it was satire. Not that you needed to, it was incredibly obvious.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post

It was an incredibly valid point that got spammed by the very people the thread was parodying. It's now closed because idiots could not tell what the thread was about despite MANY replies to people that i'm not a 'Retard' or a 'troll' or a 'fanboy' and it's become ridiculous.

Is this forum trying to imply that we should all just worship nothing but the overpowered characters? That all it takes in this community is a susanoo or some senju DNA or something? If so, i'm really not one of you. Sorry.

Can it be undone by a moderator or anybody? It'd be nice as I worked hard on writing that thread and dealing with the idiots on it who couldn't read. Thanks.
    i agree with 100%

Hinata&ObitoSolos julio10ification's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamui dimension

simple maybe the mods thought it was laughable and thought the creator was trolling theres alot of reasons why it coul've been closed

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto Base Forum is full of teenagers that are idiots and loved to start flame wars, bash other people opinions on why some of the other characters can beat the overrated strong ones. which includes nagato and itachi. so i do agree they didn't understand your topic clearly or ignored what you were saying and that caused the mod to shut it down.

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

Flame thread maybe

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    for me it sounds like eihter a fanboy or troll thread.. so i understand why it got closed.. turned into a flame war
    it was neither.

I'm not trying to really complain and whine about Narutobase by the way, just that the fact the one time I try to make a valid, slightly controversial opinion (that itachi/minato/madara OP threads ARENT OKAY, it wasnt actually about sai) I get abuse and the thread gets closed. Not okay.

Last edited by numbers; 10-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

for me it sounds like eihter a fanboy or troll thread.. so i understand why it got closed.. turned into a flame war
    sounds like doesn't mean the person is trolling, thats what you did to me also when i created my current shinobi strength thread, when i even have my opinions why i place each character at there position.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SatchiZurake View Post
    If the moderators closed it, i doubt they'll open it back up again.
    this^

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

then you must be reading the wrong manga.. just by reading the title only any mods would think it was a troll thread
    Yes but as a supposed 'member' I would expect them to actually READ the thread first right? The entire thread was a parody of the retards who actually do those types of thread. Usually with Itachi or Nagato or Madara and the like.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Fight the power!:izuna:

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Fight the power!:izuna:

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Simply do not make threads with such crappy, spam and flame inviting topics again. You had no valid point and that's the reality as one of the reasons why such threads nearly always end up in spam and flame wars is because the maker thinks he has a valid point, while it's painfully obvious he doesn't, and that is something that pisses off people and causes people to flame and spam.

The fact alone that you just made an utter preposterous assumption about us encouraging people to worship OP characters; which not only has no logical correlation whatsoever with the matter at hand, but it's absolutely based on nothing else but your own biased opinion; says a lot. That you said that, makes it perfectly clear that the way how you watched Naruto and made that thread is completely messed up and invited people to spam and flame.

Logically it's never going to be undone, if there actually was even a shred of hard work in that crutch of a thread it was completely wasted and you can't blame some people for not understanding BS. Maybe you should read your own thread for a second very carefully and try to comprehend what the hell was written there.

it was neither.

I'm not trying to really complain and whine about Narutobase by the way, just that the fact the one time I try to make a valid, slightly controversial opinion (that itachi/minato/madara OP threads ARENT OKAY, it wasnt actually about sai) I get abuse and the thread gets closed. Not okay.
    It was both, you didn't make a valid point and it wasn't a slightly controversial opinion (not to mention you said "also if you disagree you are wrong ok", meaning according to you it wasn't even opinion) but simply something only a troll or someone extremely ignorant or biased would say. You didn't get abused as we close and delete threads like that about all characters continuously and it was 100% ok to do that.

Yes but as a supposed 'member' I would expect them to actually READ the thread first right? The entire thread was a parody of the retards who actually do those types of thread. Usually with Itachi or Nagato or Madara and the like.
    I wasn't the one who closed the thread, but just reading the title alone and seeing the amount of posts it isn't even necessary to read it as all mods have seen enough threads like that to know what it's about. Though I still read the first post and even if no one had replied in it yet, it would have been enough to close that abomination of a thread and trash it. If it was a parody of retards it was beyond all doubt due to the tone that was set in the very first post and they just went along with it.

Reading that thread you can only come to two deductions and neither of them are very flattering for the maker. Don't make such threads ever again.