Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Wilhelm's Avatar
    Status
    Wilhelm is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Österreich
    Posts
    10,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Illuminati
     

    How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    I am certain that this subject has been discussed multiple times at this point, but I shall still make my own thread about it.

    Now that it is known that the masked man who fought against Minato sixteen years ago was indeed Obito, I wonder: how did Minato not recognize Obito? Each person's chakra is unique, just as their DNA or fingerprints are unique, so surely, a ninja as skilled as Minato would recognize the chakra of his own student, unless Obito was somehow concealing his chakra or disguising it to feel like that of another person? What does everyone else say about that?
     
         

  2. #2
    SSS-ROOT soulless uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    soulless uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    and how does he recognize his chakra? It was probably spiral guy that was talking for obito, plus made his body larger than it actually is.
     
         

  3. #3
    # KnullaMångaTräd -Carnage-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Carnage- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    On my steel horse, running from the law.
    Posts
    8,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate; Potatoes
    gonna potate.
     



    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    maybe since he turned evil...his chakra was "cold and dark"...not the same chakra he had when he was a kid...but im sure i might be wrong
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    xMadara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Playing Black Ops 2 at Hashirama's house.
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Senju Dna.
     
         

  5. #5
    Ⓟⓔⓞⓟⓛⓔ Ⓢⓤⓚⓚ BlkMagk's Avatar
    Status
    BlkMagk is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where the levels of common sense are Sofa King low
    Posts
    3,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Senju Substance + Evil Energy + Mask = Different Person
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Sasuke082594's Avatar
    Status
    Sasuke082594 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Maybe Minato didn't pay attention? Do you think he had any time to even figure out who Tobi was?
     
         

  7. #7
    Servant of Lord Sasuke Ldude's Avatar
    Status
    Ldude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a rock somewhere in Antarctica.
    Posts
    6,032
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put the dying in studying
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Minato isn't a sensor type.. how would he sense Obito's chakra?
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Deidara Akatsuki's Avatar
    Status
    Deidara Akatsuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji.. View Post
    I am certain that this subject has been discussed multiple times at this point, but I shall still make my own thread about it.

    Now that it is known that the masked man who fought against Minato sixteen years ago was indeed Obito, I wonder: how did Minato not recognize Obito? Each person's chakra is unique, just as their DNA or fingerprints are unique, so surely, a ninja as skilled as Minato would recognize the chakra of his own student, unless Obito was somehow concealing his chakra or disguising it to feel like that of another person? What does everyone else say about that?
    Not even his fighting style but what about his voice???

    Minato, one who was know for his awareness of people an things ( remember when he followed the trail of kushina's hair ??) was not grounded enough to recognise the fighting style of the pupil he taught.

    But lets be honest, we know it was Obito who was the masked man, but it is still bullshit none the less.

    Kakashi was a little weakling during the 9 tails attack yet Obito seemed to be a fully grown man with a deep resonating voice!

    Minato should have been able to recognise his voice, fighting style, stance, body language and temporament.

    I dont believe that Obito was the sole person behind the 9 tails attack. Too many plotholes for my liking.
     
         

  9. #9
    Savior of this Thread Scrafty's Avatar
    Status
    Scrafty is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    5,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Zetsu made Obito's body seem Larger, and plus Zetsu probably concealed Obito's chakra with his own.
    He can do that you know...
    He probably talked for Obito too. That's why his voice sounded deep.
     
         
    Last edited by Scrafty; 10-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.

  10. #10
    Member frenk's Avatar
    Status
    frenk is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldude View Post
    Minato isn't a sensor type.. how would he sense Obito's chakra?
    this
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cursed Prince's Avatar
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On NB trollin
    Posts
    15,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deidara Akatsuki View Post
    Not even his fighting style but what about his voice???

    Minato, one who was know for his awareness of people an things ( remember when he followed the trail of kushina's hair ??) was not grounded enough to recognise the fighting style of the pupil he taught.

    But lets be honest, we know it was Obito who was the masked man, but it is still bullshit none the less.

    Kakashi was a little weakling during the 9 tails attack yet Obito seemed to be a fully grown man with a deep resonating voice!

    Minato should have been able to recognise his voice, fighting style, stance, body language and temporament.

    I dont believe that Obito was the sole person behind the 9 tails attack. Too many plotholes for my liking.
    There wasn't a fighting style. The fight wad a one-shot. And obito couldnt use kamui back then. And plus Minato wouldnt of even thought of this as a possibillity
     
         

  12. #12
    Nephilm ShinraRengan's Avatar
    Status
    ShinraRengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taming Hatred
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Ignoring the physical obviousness, probably because the zetsu part of his body has changed his chakra
     
         

  13. #13
    -@The Untouchable Legend@- SAmIDeXtEr's Avatar
    Status
    SAmIDeXtEr is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    821
    Post Thanks / Like
    I AM TOO FLY A.K.A ...ITACHI
    THE G@NGST@R
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Half of his body had senju cell back So It makes sense for Transformation of chakra to occur
     
         

  14. #14
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Probably was zetsu talkin
     
         

  15. #15
    Member
    Status
    dwest151 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    You take a close look at your 5 year old cousin or some one very young you know, wait a couple of months or years and give him time to grow, and see if you can spot him in his mask and black robe on halloween.
     
         

  16. #16
    XX. The Judgement Tartarus's Avatar
    Status
    Tartarus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Memento Mori~
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Minato isn't a sensor type
     
         

  17. #17
    Destruction Incarnate adeshina365's Avatar
    Status
    adeshina365 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    He's surrounded by Hashirama cells so it isn't outlandish that Minato wouldn't be able to recognize him.
     
         

  18. #18
    Member TheUchihaLives's Avatar
    Status
    TheUchihaLives is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Uchiha Hideout
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: How did Minato not Recognize Obito?

    Maybe because he was using the zetsu body as seen in recent manga
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •